Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,014 members, 7,953,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:25 AM

Countries For First Time student Travellers. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Countries For First Time student Travellers. (4020 Views)

Photos: Travellers Stranded In Benin/Asaba Express Way Gridlock / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers / Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 21, 2013
I have come to realize that people do normally ask to know some designated or particular countries for first time travellers. And i keep imagine this to myself that, are there some particular countries for first time travellers? Maybe because i do not have a wide travelling experience, i think in my own opinion that in as much as you have a legal right to reside in a place and you abide by their law, i believe you can make it anywhere However, i do not really know if i'm missing the point, please in what aspects or reasons do people think one particular country is not for first time travellers? Thus, you can give a clear examples.

Your countributions are welcome.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 30, 2013
80 viewers..no contribution... grin
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by optimusprime2(m): 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
This question is a lil' confusing, because there are lots of Variables...
Specify these a lil
1-purpose of the traveller
2-financial capacity of the traveller
3-Nationality of the traveller
4-prospects of the Traveller
only then will this thread open up.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
optimus-prime1:
This question is a lil' confusing, because there are lots of Variables...
Specify these a lil
1-purpose of the traveller
2-financial capacity of the traveller
3-Nationality of the traveller
4-prospects of the Traveller
only then will this thread open up.
Thanks bro
1- travel as a student, especially for undergraduate.
2- Maybe willing to work while studying to pay living expenses.
3- Nigerian.

I think these are enough to ride on...smiley
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by ifegy: 4:36pm On May 01, 2013
What is your budget for tuition? Bear in mind that the visa officers in most cases want to see evidence that you can afford both your tuition and living expenses without having to resort to work, for at least the first year.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 01, 2013
ifegy: What is your budget for tuition? Bear in mind that the visa officers in most cases want to see evidence that you can afford both your tuition and living expenses without having to resort to work, for at least the first year.
Thanks bro for your contribution. I'm not really in the shoe of the situation but i just want general thought of people on a particular country that you could say its for first time traveller as a student.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by ifegy: 6:06pm On May 01, 2013
Demaejy:
Thanks bro for your contribution. I'm not really in the shoe of the situation but i just want general thought of people on a particular country that you could say its for first time traveller as a student.

It's really hard to say unless you provide more background information. Every individual is unique, and what worked for one might not work for the other. If you really want to study abroad, you should do some research (schools, programs, costs), narrow down the options and then maybe ask for input from people who've been in those countries, to get a fuller picture of what might be best for you.
There could literally be almost as many options as there are countries in the world, so you need to do some groundwork, before asking other people's opinions.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by dasparrow: 10:29pm On May 02, 2013
ifegy:

It's really hard to say unless you provide more background information. Every individual is unique, and what worked for one might not work for the other. If you really want to study abroad, you should do some research (schools, programs, costs), narrow down the options and then maybe ask for input from people who've been in those countries, to get a fuller picture of what might be best for you.
There could literally be almost as many options as there are countries in the world, so you need to do some groundwork, before asking other people's opinions.

I agree.

@Post

And to add to what Ifegy has said, don't forget to do a background check on the citizens of the country you are looking to go to. The general hostility towards black Africans in the western world - Europe, USA, et al - is not a joke. If you choose to go to an African country, be weary of south Africa and some other African countries because their citizens are generally hostile towards Nigerians.

In other words, do your research properly because the world is a hostile place and you don't want to find yourself in a country where you will feel socially isolated. Take it from me who has spent a greater part of my life outside Nigeria. Just be careful. All the best!
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 02, 2013
ifegy: What is your budget for tuition? Bear in mind that the visa officers in most cases want to see evidence that you can afford both your tuition and living expenses without having to resort to work, for at least the first year.
Thanks bro, like budgeting may be €5,000 per academic year. No, i'm not asking about the visa again. Having paid the first year tuition fee , accomodation and other related administration fees. Now i'm talking about the survival with working while studying to earn the budgeted tuition fee for the forthcoming year. Thus, i think students would categorise countries with this stutus as a destination for first time student traveller, my opinion though. So which country will you say in your opinion?

I would have to change the topic....smiley
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 12:05am On May 03, 2013
dasparrow:

I agree.

@Post

And to add to what Ifegy has said, don't forget to do a background check on the citizens of the country you are looking to go to. The general hostility towards black Africans in the western world - Europe, USA, et al - is not a joke. If you choose to go to an African country, be weary of south Africa and some other African countries because their citizens are generally hostile towards Nigerians.

In other words, do your research properly because the world is a hostile place and you don't want to find yourself in a country where you will feel socially isolated. Take it from me who has spent a greater part of my life outside Nigeria. Just be careful. All the best!
Thanks for your contribution. Yes, the issue of hostility always scares travellers away from such country like that. Hence, racism worths considering so much before any move . In general, particularly from your both past and current experience, which country could you recommend for students considering what i wrote in my previous post above? Let nairalanders benefit from your experience.Tell me, do you know anything about these industries, Tourism and Hospitality Management as a major or profession for international student abroad?
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by optimusprime2(m): 12:45am On May 03, 2013
ifegy:

Thats exactly what I was trying to say, alot of info has to be specified, before specific recommendations can be underlined.
But speaking Generally with the info provided...
Schooling in the countries where You can work, requires a solid financial base to facilitate your applications; basically embassy issues et al, and to Back you up when you arrive the country initially.
These are examples of Such countries I know that one could work as a student and have future prospects;
1-Canada
2-Australia
3-Sweden*
4-Norway*
5-Netherlands
6-USA(1-they are unpredictable with issuing Visa.
2-some states are dry)
7-Denmark*
8-Belgium*
9-Finland*
10-Japan*
Note: countries which I put a * marker on, have a Language Challenge, meaning to keep up to speed, one has to catchup with the native language spoken in the country asides English.
Now these countries are ok but like I told you they are kinda expensive in terms of Funding an academic campaign, but the bright side is you can work. Now there are countries that have relatively cheaper budgets for funding an academic campaign but the problem with them is lack of Jobs, basically when you are done with your programme, you zap yourself back to Nigeria because there are little or no job prospects, for example;
1-Georgia
2-Ukraine(severe racism warning)
3-Belarus
4-Hungary(racism warning)
5-Cyprus
6-India
7-Greece
8-France(careful here, deportation alert esp if you are black)
9-Malaysia(hostility alert)
10-Phillipines
Now schooling in the above countries could be a great experience plus the fact that they have affordable Tuition in most of their Uni's/Colleges, but the problem is THERE R LITTLE OR NO JOB PROSPECTS, so its advisable to leave as soon as ones programme is complete, before an individual is tempted into doing Illegal stuff in order to survive there- the good fing is in the above mentioned countries, you stand the chance of travelling to other Neighbouring countries hence expanding your travel history, which is crucial if one harbours future plans of visting a country like the US.
Now there are other countries that offer a 50/50 prospect to students who have future ambitions of living and working there
1-Czech Rep
2-Poland*
3-UK
4-South Africa(Nigerian hating warning)
5-Spain*
6-Qatar*(if you'v got the balls)
7-UAE
8-Germany
now some of these countries may have hi tuition but there is a 50/50 chance that you could get a paying job.
So I hope I have popped some light on the issue with your given Travel Variables?

2 Likes

Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 8:21am On May 03, 2013
optimus-prime1:

Thats exactly what I was trying to say, alot of info has to be specified, before specific recommendations can be underlined.
Schooling in the countries where You can work, requires a solid financial base to facilitate your applications; basically embassy issues et al, and to Back you up when you arrive the country initially.
These are examples of Such countries I know that one could work as a student and have future prospects;
1-Canada
2-Australia
3-Sweden*
4-Norway*
5-Netherlands
2-some states are dry)
7-Denmark*
8-Belgium*
9-Finland*
10-Japan*
Note: countries which I put a * marker on, have a Language Challenge, meaning to keep up to speed, one has to catchup with the native language spoken in the country asides English.
Now these countries are ok but like I told you they are kinda expensive in terms of Funding an academic campaign, but the bright side is you can work. Now there are countries that have relatively cheaper budgets for funding an academic campaign but the problem with them is lack of Jobs, basically when you are done with your programme, you zap yourself back to Nigeria because there are little or no job prospects, for example;
1-Georgia
3-Belarus
5-Cyprus
6-India
7-Greece
10-Phillipines
Now schooling in the above countries could be a great experience plus the fact that they have affordable Tuition in most of their Uni's/Colleges, but the problem is THERE R LITTLE OR NO JOB PROSPECTS, so its advisable to leave as soon as ones programme is complete, before an individual is tempted into doing Illegal stuff in order to survive there- the good fing is in the above mentioned countries, you stand the chance of travelling to other Neighbouring countries hence expanding your travel history, which is crucial if one harbours future plans of visting a country like the US.
Now there are other countries that offer a 50/50 prospect to students who have future ambitions of living and working there
1-Czech Rep
2-Poland*
3-UK
5-Spain*
7-UAE
8-Germany
now some of these countries may have hi tuition but there is a 50/50 chance that you could get a paying job.
So I hope I have popped some light on the issue with your given Travel Variables?
Thanks for your great insight. Majority of better countries for students are schengen countries. You missed out Austria, heard its a nice country for students. Now tell me, under schengen agreements, is it not possible for students to move from one schengen country to other neighbouring schengen countries for the purpose of work?
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 04, 2013
optimus-prime1:

1-Canada
2-Australia
3-Sweden*
4-Norway*
5-Netherlands
2-some states are dry)
7-Denmark*
8-Belgium*
9-Finland*
10-Japan*
1-Georgia
3-Belarus
5-Cyprus
6-India
7-Greece
10-Phillipines
1-Czech Rep
2-Poland*
3-UK
5-Spain*
7-UAE
8-Germany
You are the best bro but how did you get the info? Are you in all the countries because the few once I know of that you mention... You said the truth. Good job
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by FastTracker: 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
Canada is by far the best country to study in with a fast track program to work and get permanent residence status.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
FastTracker: Canada is by far the best country to study in with a fast track program to work and get permanent residence status.
Yes, canada is good but its very expensive plus the time to process your visa which is very long, that's what normally discourages most people.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
smiley
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Naijalastborn(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
optimus-prime1:

Schooling in the countries where You can work, requires a solid financial base to facilitate your applications; basically embassy issues et al, and to Back you up when you arrive the I initially.
1-Canada
2-Australia
3-Sw
rway*
5-Netherlands
2-some states are dry)
7-Denmark*
8-Belgium*
9-Finland*
10-Japan*
Now these countries are ok but like I told you uI are kinda expensive in terms of Funding an academic campaign, but the bright side is you can work. Now there are countries that have relatively cheaper budgets for funding an academic campaign but the problem with them is lack of Jobs, basically when you are done with your programme, you zap yourself back to Nigeria because there are little or no job prospects, for example;
1-Georgia
3-Belarus
5-Cyprus
6-India
7-Greece
10-Phillipines
1-Czech Rep
2-Poland*
3-UK
5-Spain*
7-UAE
8-Germany

well I agreed with you but why dont you mark Netherlands among the Language barrier, Netherlands is a very nice country but if you understand or speak dutch, things are not so easy.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
Naija_lastborn:

well I agreed with you but why dont you mark Netherlands among the Language barrier, Netherlands is a very nice country but if you understand or speak dutch, things are not so easy.

You mean '' If you don't understand or speak dutch, things are not so easy? ''

I guess English is widely spoken compare to some western countries, i think that was the reason he didn't put mark on it.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Naijalastborn(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2013
Demaejy:

You mean '' If you don't understand or speak dutch, things are not so easy? ''

I guess English is widely spoken compare to some western countries, i think that was the reason he didn't put mark on it.
okay... In that aspect you are right
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by FastTracker: 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
Canada is still the best place to go for schooling hands down!
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by dontuwi(m): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2013
what about austria
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by suxes2005(m): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Let's say someone with 1000 euro for tuition per year
And let's say 5000 euro living expenses.

Which country is good for such person? Undergraduate studies?

Never mind about working while studying. Just a good country
that have cheap tuition and not too low cost of living.

SHALOM
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
suxes2005: Let's say someone with 1000 euro for tuition per year
And let's say 5000 euro living expenses.

Which country is good for such person? Undergraduate studies?

Never mind about working while studying. Just a good country
that have cheap tuition and not too low cost of living.

SHALOM
Suxes, sup with y'll bro? Check out Germany, Austria, Belgium and possibly Lithuania.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by suxes2005(m): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2013
Demaejy:
Suxes, sup with y'll bro? Check out Germany, Austria, Belgium and possibly Lithuania.

I'm kewl bro. How's things with you?

Did you go cyprus @ d end?

Guess the German 1.6mil is still very much okay now!

I'll check lithuania nd Belgium as well. I just
Hope their visa ish will be kinda easy!

SHALOM
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 05, 2013
suxes2005:

I'm kewl bro. How's things with you?

Did you go cyprus @ d end?

Guess the German 1.6mil is still very much okay now!

I'll check lithuania nd Belgium as well. I just
Hope their visa ish will be kinda easy!

SHALOM
pretty ok...Nope i ain't go NC... Check them...Belgium can be easy but kinda take long tym. Lithuania don't hv embassy in Nig.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by suxes2005(m): 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
Demaejy:
pretty ok...Nope i ain't go NC... Check them...Belgium can be easy but kinda take long tym. Lithuania don't hv embassy in Nig.

Talked to a friend of mine in Poland, he said there are cheap schools there
like 2000euro. Though he refused to give me names but i will dig deep and check myself.

So i will check belgium and poland alone

SHALOM
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by ugsams(m): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
Please update if you get any good information about Poland. If i get the information first I will be sure to post as am considering the option too.
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by junsleek: 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hello,plz anybdy 2 help out.I have an error on waec result.d date of birth in my certificate dosent tally with my passport.in my passport,it was 1989 why certificate is 1990 and have been to both places am told it can be corrected that I should go and sworn an affidafit that we back the date of birth on the certificate which I have done.bt d challenge am facing now,I went to the poland embassy to apply for student visa after being gvn admision and have paid my tuition 4000 euro but I wasn't giving visa.I was told that my date of birth in my certificate dosent tally with my passport.please what can I do and which country accept affidafit and which country can I use my national diploma to apply for undergraduate studies because I have a national diploma in computer science.plz put me 2ru
Re: Countries For First Time student Travellers. by Naijalastborn(m): 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
junsleek: Hello,plz anybdy 2 help out.I have an error on waec result.d date of birth in my certificate dosent tally with my passport.in my passport,it was 1989 why certificate is 1990 and have been to both places am told it can be corrected that I should go and sworn an affidafit that we back the date of birth on the certificate which I have done.bt d challenge am facing now,I went to the poland embassy to apply for student visa after being gvn admision and have paid my tuition 4000 euro but I wasn't giving visa.I was told that my date of birth in my certificate dosent tally with my passport.please what can I do and which country accept affidafit and which country can I use my national diploma to apply for undergraduate studies because I have a national diploma in computer science.plz put me 2ru
wakapass

(1) (2) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - F1 / Pls Help My Brother Is Missing In Tripoli Libya / NDLEA Clearance Certificate! Does It Expires?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.