Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

A Short Story - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Short Story (3577 Views)

Mountain Of Treasure. A Short Story By Ademola Oguntona / Bro Paul-- A Short Story / A Short Story 4 - Algebra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
frosbel: Truth stands secure , the heathen may bark , yell, scream and go off on mouth foaming convulsions and throw their endless tantrums, it negates not the truth one iota.

Jesus sits on the right hand of his father until his enemies are made his foot stool in a complete and final fashion.

We need to pity these wretches and not be angry with them.
But you do sound angry, oga Frosb.. any Catholic sell you fake juice in church today? grin

The 'heathen' really need not bark, yell, scream... like you do on tithe and Catholic threads... grin
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening Musky,

All that 'plenty' post comes down to the above quote. What, in your view, defines what is morally correct for one individual and morally incorrect for another?
Is there any such 'universal' view? You could decide to form yours, or pick what society dictates to you, or follow the morality of any of the million gods that exist.. your choice, your right...
Re: A Short Story by alexleo(m): 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
truthislight:

Your head could not carry the story well, is it deliberate?

Not when the old woman was passed the age of child bearing and had lost all hope of that possibility and has gotten another wife for her husband.

Only for the said God to come and tell her she will still have a male child and it all came to pass as told.

Not when the said God had physically demonstrated to you who he is and what he can do, even to make your seed uncountable

not when the whole villagers are aware that the said God gave you the said child.

Only corrupted minds withheld part of the story to paint the whole story black.

Have a life, it is not compusory that you worship Yahweh, but stop maligning his character.
*rot*

Thanks a lot. Not even when the said God stopped the man from killing the said child. Indeed this short story could in other words be described as a short display of madness by the poster. He needs healing.

2 Likes

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
truthislight:
Your head could not carry the story well, is it deliberate?
Oga truthisdarknes, abeg shine torch for us.. make man see wetin man no fit see.. the goodness in this story..

truthislight:
Not when the old woman was passed the age of child bearing and had lost all hope of that possibility and has gotten another wife for her husband. Only for the said God to come and tell her she will still have a male child and it all came to pass as told.
Interesting. So God's like 'I did a favor for you therefore you owe me everything'... I see.. Didn't the child Isaac have any 'rights' as a being? Reminds me of the 'Osus' in Igbo kingdom...

truthislight:
Not when the said God had physically demonstrated to you who he is and what he can do, even to make your seed uncountable
not when the whole villagers are aware that the said God gave you the said child.
Lol.. so Isaac was a legible sacrifice? Cool story..

truthislight:
Only corrupted minds withheld part of the story to paint the whole story black.
No one needs to paint the story black. It's in the Bible in black and white, do well to read it again.. Just this time, put yourself in Isaac's shoes...

truthislight:
Have a life, it is not compusory that you worship Yahweh, but stop maligning his character.
Thanks for the advice. You sound hurt though, maybe cos I struck at an idea of God that exists in your head..

Issorai..
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
shdemidemi: Abraham "offered" Isaac to the mighty one (elohim) because he was still acting under a basic ancient pagan or heathen culture. This was a culture that believed that a great gift, such as one's only child late in life, or any great blessing deserved thanks to one's mighty one (elohim). The pagans thought that even greater blessings would result. This as we know is a completely false concept.

YHWH corrected Abraham by having His messenger call out to Abraham to prevent this act of heathen intent and instead provide a substitute so Abraham would not have to gift Isaac but still be able to bring a gift to YHWH in the form of a burnt offering.

Christians and spinning the Bible to make it look the way they want it to be... smh...

Genesis 22:
Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!”
“Here I am,” he replied
Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.”
Re: A Short Story by mazaje(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2013
^^

I TIRE!
Re: A Short Story by wiegraf: 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
This thread has some excellent non-answers. It misses @ihe telling us the whole sacrifice issue was some sort of picnic though
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
wiegraf: This thread has some excellent non-answers. It misses @ihe telling us the whole sacrifice issue was some sort of picnic though
shocked
Where? When?
Re: A Short Story by wiegraf: 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
musKeeto:
shocked
Where? When?

It's really sad you assumed i meant literally. @ihe has to do some strong soul searching
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
wiegraf:

It's really sad you assumed i meant literally. @ihe has to do some strong soul searching
Lwkmd..
The stuff I've heard from that guy, I wouldn't be too surprised...
Re: A Short Story by truthislight: 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
musKeeto:
Oga truthisdarknes, abeg shine torch for us.. make man see wetin man no fit see.. the goodness in this story..

Interesting. So God's like 'I did a favor for you therefore you owe me everything'... I see.. Didn't the child Isaac have any 'rights' as a being? Reminds me of the 'Osus' in Igbo kingdom...

Lol.. so Isaac was a legible sacrifice? Cool story..

No one needs to paint the story black. It's in the Bible in black and white, do well to read it again.. Just this time, put yourself in Isaac's shoes...

Thanks for the advice. You sound hurt though, maybe cos I struck at an idea of God that exists in your head..

Issorai..

*sigh*
west of bandwidth.
Re: A Short Story by cyrexx: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
truthislight:

*sigh*
west of bandwidth.

Oga Truthislight,
I noticed you always misspell the word "waste" as "west". The correct spelling you are looking for is "waste". Please take note.

Cheers, bro.

2 Likes

Re: A Short Story by truthislight: 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
cyrexx:

Oga Truthislight,
I noticed you always misspell the word "waste" as "west". The correct spelling you are looking for is "waste". Please take note.

Cheers, bro.

Thank you.

cool
Re: A Short Story by ijawkid(m): 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes, the fact that you are seriously failing in trying to explain how the village case is any different from the psycopath abraham ho was ready to kill his son. Nothing would ever make me agree to sacrifice my son. That is a statement a real father should make

But you would agree to allow ur son practice homosexuality ..right?.......wink

The truth is God could ressurect isaac a million times.....so what is the case here?...is there any case??....

Its like hesitating to do away with your Ford vehicle when told to do exactly so by the GM CEO.......

He can give you thousands more.........

Besides as we know Yahweh was not going to let Abraham sacrifice his son.............

AbrahÀm was ready to do as he was commanded because he knew Yahweh knew it all............

When dealing with the creator of the whole universe you put your implicit trust in him......

1 Like

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 21, 2013
ijawkid:

The truth is God could ressurect isaac a million times.....so what is the case here?...is there any case??....

Its like hesitating to do away with your Ford vehicle when told to do exactly so by the GM CEO.......

Besides as we know Yahweh was not going to let Abraham sacrifice his son.............

AbrahÀm was ready to do as he was commanded because he knew Yahweh knew it all............

When dealing with the creator of the whole universe you put your implicit trust in him......

Guy....what is your problem? Homoseuxal this, homosexual that....are you gay? mtchew....guy better go and find someone that is interested in your shyt
Re: A Short Story by ijawkid(m): 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4687960320/h9C18D818/[/img]

Guy....what is your problem? Homoseuxal this, homosexual that....are you gay? mtchew....guy better go and find someone that is interested in your shyt

I'm only telling you that someone like you who would readily accept and groom a child to practice homosexuality is so much worse than abraham who was ready to sacrifice his son to the God who gave him that same son............

Abrahams willingness teaches Faith....something you detest..........

keep enjoying your life that has no meaning or if you would make a U-turn imitate abraham.......

Choose.........angry
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
ijawkid:

[b]I'm only telling you that someone like you who would readily accept and groom a child to practice homosexuality is so [/b]much worse than abraham who was ready to sacrifice his son to the God who gave him that same son............

keep enjoying your life that has no meaning or if you would make a U-turn imitate abraham.......

Choose.........angry

1) Thanks for the nonsense accussation....grooming a child for homosexuality? See what christianity does to ones brain? What do I have to do with all these nonsense?

2) How did you look at my post or this thread and bring up homosexuality? If you have a problem please go and solve it.

You are one to talk about another person's life. F4cking swamp creature
Re: A Short Story by ijawkid(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) Thanks for the nonsense accussation....grooming a child for homosexuality? See what christianity does to ones brain? What do I have to do with all these nonsense?

2) How did you look at my post or this thread and bring up homosexuality? If you have a problem please go and solve it.

You are one to talk about another person's life. F4cking swamp creature

Lol.....

If I ask you question you go danze azonto before yoÙ answer.......if my accusations are wrong can you kindly debunk them......

Well let's just leave this issue.....

If you can't see the lesson behind abrahams action and Gods request then just face front........
Re: A Short Story by Vansnickers: 12:08am On Apr 22, 2013
cyrexx:

Oga Truthislight,

Cheers, bro.

LOL, That my friend is the Implication of having a Conc Igbo accent and little/no education.

2 Likes

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 22, 2013
ijawkid:

[size=15pt]DID ISAAC HAVE A SAY IN ANY OF THIS?[/size]

1 Like

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 3:47am On Apr 22, 2013
ijawkid:

I'm only telling you that someone like you who would readily accept and groom a child to practice homosexuality is so much worse than abraham who was ready to sacrifice his son to the God who gave him that same son............

Choose.........angry

IK, I think you're homosexual or maybe have been raped by one.. why bring up homosexuality on every thread? The thread has nothing whatsoever to do with homosexuality..

angry
Re: A Short Story by ijawkid(m): 6:46am On Apr 22, 2013
musKeeto:

IK, I think you're homosexual or maybe have been raped by one.. why bring up homosexuality on every thread? The thread has nothing whatsoever to do with homosexuality..

angry

Lol......

I'm only saying for atheists who care about nothing,and who would see nothing wrong in letting there kids becoming gays(since atheists have no choice but to suPport homosexuality and nothing is immoral) are worse of than a man who was ready to sacrifice his only son to the almighty God...because to me kids who have atheists as there parents are as good as dead.......what would they learn?.....what advice would a person like LB and the rest of y'all atheists give to your children as regards living morally in this dying world?............

That's my point bro.......

The bolded explains my point........

To abraham his son would be as good as alive even if he sacrificed him in obedience to his God.............can atheist parents after teaching there kids that man has no purpose and that life is meaningless and that there is no GOD have the same prospects with abraham?..........

NOOOOOO.........

So make all of ona go hide ona face...angry........

2 Likes

Re: A Short Story by ijawkid(m): 6:49am On Apr 22, 2013
musKeeto:

Before nko?..........isaac was not on diapers when this incident occured.........

Isaac who also loved Jah was ready to be sacrificed too..........

So me no even know why ona dey worry onasef.............
Re: A Short Story by truthislight: 7:48am On Apr 22, 2013
Van snickers:

LOL, That my friend is the Implication of having a Conc Igbo accent and little/no education.

Thank you.
cool
Re: A Short Story by truthislight: 7:51am On Apr 22, 2013
musKeeto:

Rebels!

Did it occur to you that a son can Obey his farther and love Yahweh as far as death just as Jesus did?
Re: A Short Story by truthislight: 7:58am On Apr 22, 2013
musKeeto:

angry

But the same set of people criticising Yahweh here are the same set of people that accept that sex between man and man, woman and woman, man and animal and that all kinds of immoral sex is good.

Yahweh said he will destroy such set of people, why will such set of people ever love Yahweh?

We know better what is paining you.
cool
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 22, 2013
truthislight:

But the same set of people criticising Yahweh here are the same set of people that accept that sex between man and man, woman and woman, man and animal and that all kinds of immoral sex is good.

Yahweh said he will destroy such set of people, why will such set of people ever love Yahweh?

We know better what is paining you.
cool

1) hypocrisy- every single year, a pastor or priest is exposed as a homosexual. There are gay bishops. Gay christians. Infact, the catholic church has a higher rate of pedophilia recorded than mwny societies. Even protestants suffer from the man boy perversion

2) i dont know of any atheist here that supports bestiality. Keep lying and bashing atheists out of frustration

3) abraham was a psycopath. Any real father would have said that nothing would makevhim sacrifice his son. I remember my uncle saying that when he was being roobed he told the robbers to point the gun at him not his son. That is a loving father. He would die for his son. Abraham should have begged god to replace his son with him.......
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 22, 2013
@Yahweh Fans: May you hear a voice in your head one day, asking you to sacrifice your pikin. undecided
And if your pikin decides not to go along with you, may Yahweh strike him dead for lack of faith

As for those who can't differentiate homosexuality from atheism, please do yourself a favor. Probably go back to school. You missed a few lessons there.

Btw, you can keep tagging everything evil a product of atheism.. we all know Satan himself isn't an atheist. grin
Yahweh is the real devil. Satan never asks anyone to kill anyone on his behalf as test of faith. Yahweh does.

Yahweh's evil.. The Bible makes that clear enough. grin

Genesis 22: 12 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”

The whole aim of this 'test' by an all-knowing God was so that Abraham would fear him. Little wonder, the Christians here are squeaking and snarling like demented demons... Their 'MASTER' is under attack...

kneel, slaves, kneel.. dump all reasoning and all your being at the altar of your great Jewish slave..

2 Likes

Re: A Short Story by ijawkid(m): 9:05am On Apr 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) hypocrisy- every single year, a pastor or priest is exposed as a homosexual. There are gay bishops. Gay christians. Infact, the catholic church has a higher rate of pedophilia recorded than mwny societies. Even protestants suffer from the man boy perversion

2) i dont know of any atheist here that supports bestiality. Keep lying and bashing atheists out of frustration

3) abraham was a psycopath. Any real father would have said that nothing would makevhim sacrifice his son. I remember my uncle saying that when he was being roobed he told the robbers to point the gun at him not his son. That is a loving father. He would die for his son. Abraham should have begged god to replace his son with him.......

And is Yahweh the same as the armed robber in the example you gave??.......did the armed robber provide that son for your uncle?.........

Abraham was dealing with the person who created the universe and who also gave him a son.............

Abraham knew that God would ressurect isaac and could also give him a million sons even if he sacrificed isaac...abraham knew what he was doing........

If abraham was your uncle he would do the same by letting the armed robbers point the gun at him instead of his son.........but sorry my bro...abraham was dealing with the almighty and not some filthy armed robber.........
Re: A Short Story by cyrexx: 9:06am On Apr 22, 2013
musKeeto: @Yahweh Fans: May you hear a voice in your head one day, asking you to sacrifice your pikin. undecided
And if your pikin decides not to go along with you, may Yahweh strike him dead for lack of faith

As for those who can't differentiate homosexuality from atheism, please do yourself a favor. Probably go back to school. You missed a few lessons there.

Btw, you can keep tagging everything evil a product of atheism.. we all know Satan himself isn't an atheist. grin
Yahweh is the real devil. Satan never asks anyone to kill anyone on his behalf as test of faith. Yahweh does.

The whole aim of this 'test' by an all-knowing God was so that Abraham would fear him. Little wonder, the Christians here are squeaking and snarling like demented demons... Their 'MASTER' is under attack...

kneel, slaves, kneel.. dump all reasoning and all your being at the altar of your great Jewish slave..

LOL

1000 likes
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 22, 2013
ijawkid:

And is Yahweh the same as the armed robber in the example you gave??.......did the armed robber provide that son for your uncle?.........

Abraham was dealing with the person who created the universe and who also gave him a son.............

Abraham knew that God would ressurect isaac and could also give him a million sons even if he sacrificed isaac...abraham knew what he was doing........

If abraham was your uncle he would do the same by letting the armed robbers point the gun at him instead of his son.........but sorry my bro...abraham was dealing with the almighty and not some filthy armed robber.........

Good. So there's nothing wrong with human sacrifice at all, be it even the ones done by Africans.. because they were sacrificing to one who they believed had created the universe and could also bless them in return.

In essence, religious sacrifices are not immoral. God gave, and he taketh away.

Case closed. Congrats, you win.

3 Likes

Re: A Short Story by ijawkid(m): 9:13am On Apr 22, 2013
musKeeto: @Yahweh Fans: May you hear a voice in your head one day, asking you to sacrifice your pikin. undecided

And what do you understand by FEAR?..........

You think say abraham been dey fear Yahweh the way you dey take fear bokoharam?.........

What do you understand by Fear?........

The aim of that test goes way beyond just testing the faith of abraham and his willingness to obey all of Yahwehs commands...........

But you guys won't see it....when y'all are with your"" NO GOD"" caps, nothing is right from the scriptures.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Response To Hard Mirror Threads / Is This A Result Of Demonic Possession Or Not? Before And After Photos / The Greatest Miracle In The Bible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.