Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

My HIV Test Result - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My HIV Test Result (7588 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / How Best Do I Disclose My HIV Status To Her? / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My HIV Test Result by icebitch(f): 5:38pm On May 11, 2006
hi every ono, i posted a question asking if anyone could go for a test. well i did and i must say i was reall scared, you know these things will never show and i have also not taking one before. it was all the test for all the stds that there are in the world. i have not really been that careless but in my 18 yrs on earth and my 10 yrs of being sexually active i have slept with 3 boys without protection which is still a big risk i tooki also have body piercings and tatoos. that really scared.bot as we all know god is faithful. i had to wait one week but that was the worst one week of my life i must say. i forgot to say i have had 2 abortions both in nigeria.those where when i did not know any better.
Re: My HIV Test Result by harper020(m): 5:45pm On May 11, 2006
[i][/i] i believe it a thing everyone of us all should go out and be checked. though no one pray to be a vitim of it, it is really not being easy going for the test, But with courage alot can be done. sooo cheer up don,t be scared go get something done, AND THE RESULT?[flash=200,200][/flash] IS NON OF MY BUSSINESS, LOL
Re: My HIV Test Result by icebitch(f): 8:47pm On May 11, 2006
I meant 28 years on earth and i forgot to mention that i got my results it was all negative . i cant explain how lucky i have been.
Re: My HIV Test Result by Seun(m): 10:28pm On May 11, 2006
Congratulations, woman. Go and sin no more! wink
Re: My HIV Test Result by goodguy(m): 11:03pm On May 11, 2006
You were really an ice-bitch. tongue
Re: My HIV Test Result by mycutiepie(f): 11:27pm On May 11, 2006
hmmm, it could be scary to some to get tested but i had my blood drawn today to check my status after 3 years of first checking. Gotta wait for a week to get the result back. am i nervous? sort of lipsrsealed
Re: My HIV Test Result by bolex(m): 12:00am On May 12, 2006
thanx to goodguy

u was reading ma mind

haha

you are a cold - biatttch

anywayz , i was scared about the test as well

but ma ass came out CLEAN

ps: i always go protected

aids no dey show for p***sy

grin cool

I have quit though

Until I see ,,,,,wink guess who  grin
Re: My HIV Test Result by hotangel2(f): 4:29am On May 12, 2006
@ ice-bitch, hahaha, mehn, u r funny. She said that one week was the worst week of her life.

Well i don't blame u sha, i mean so many things would be going on in ur mind. Like chai, jesus, blah blah, wat if wat if. U'll start to think of everything u've done and ur head would be spinning. pele.

Like seun said, go and sin no more, and im glad that u came out negative.

@ mycutiepie, please do tell wat ur result is. Not that it'd do me any good. lol,
Re: My HIV Test Result by icebitch(f): 12:23pm On May 12, 2006
I could not even tell my boyfriend of 5 months that i went for the test until it came out clear. i now have the courage to order him to get himself tested. angry
Re: My HIV Test Result by Rottweiler(m): 2:30pm On May 12, 2006
I had one last year for the first time. It was actually the lab attendant that talked me into doing it when I went for my annual medical test at my place of work. I told her that I was scared but she encouraged me that it's better to know ones status than live in the dark. The finally push she gave me was that she would tell me first before sending the report the doctor for appraisal.

I couldn't summon the courage to check the outcome. Eventually, I decided to go there when I thought she would have gone home."unfortunately" I met her there and the look she gave me scared me! Eventually she told me that it was negative and I smiled.

Men! It was scary.
Re: My HIV Test Result by wiseguy(m): 2:43pm On May 12, 2006
Well, i did the test against my will in Dec. of 2002 when I was sick. I was hospitalised and after two weeks, my condition was getting worse than it was. All the test that was done pointed to Typhoid fever. I took all manner of medication in the hospital but to no avail. Then the "son of a bitch" of a doctor came one evening to take a sample of my blood for another test and after giving it to a nurse who ran off as if I was going to chase after her the Doctor dropped the bomb. "My friend, you know, we have done what we could and you don't seem to respond to treatment. We don't have any much option than to test your blood for HIV". I shouted "what?". My mind flew from Jericho to Jakarta. All the babes I've known and all the barbing salon I visited. For almost 16 agonising hours on the hospital bed, the result came back. Haba! I almost killed the Doctor. he started by toying with me. "Well, young man. I want you to be very brave concerning what am about to tell you. the result of your test is out (by then I was in bermuda Triangle) and it shows  that maybe we are doing something wrong. We will change drugs for you". And he dropped the result on my laps and got up laughing. Wow! it was negative but I noticed my pants was wet.
Re: My HIV Test Result by bolex(m): 3:03pm On May 12, 2006
man

that test and its result

I was just looking @ ma file

i did not wait for the doctor to tell me ma result

as soon as I saw -ve

grin grin grin grin

ma heart skipppeeeed for joyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: My HIV Test Result by Reba(f): 3:44pm On May 12, 2006
I got mine for the 1st time in history in february this year and thank God my ass is clean but I was told I have to go back again in 3 months bcause of the window period so I have to get my ass tested again on 24 May I am not really scared thou like that first time in history now I am cool.
Re: My HIV Test Result by harper020(m): 5:20pm On May 12, 2006
[b][/b][i][/i]fellow 9ja lets be little more sincere here. tell me who of you will be brave enough to tell the truth even if you were tested positive, lol, chai all of una dey talk nagative,nagative here now. those that mean say all of una wen fit die on top TOTO were not tested positive tooo?.make una talk true oooo, becoz most nigeria men of this days they sin to much and 99% of thier sins na on top of woman. pls am pleading with all nigeria guys, pls make una try repent. heaven help those who help themselfs they say. any way am a man tooo, is just an advise for all the guys in the house, one love my brothers,
Re: My HIV Test Result by babadee(m): 5:41pm On May 12, 2006
Well, i do admire your courage and i'm trying to gather mine because i've done some pretty wild things in the last two years but i so fucking scared.
Re: My HIV Test Result by babadee(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2006
i feel your pain wise guy and thats exactly what scares the shit out of me
i know my chances are like 60/40
Re: My HIV Test Result by kajad(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2006
When i went for test in August last year and i was told that my result was negetive. I sat down to catch my breath! grin
Re: My HIV Test Result by megalocked: 12:19am On May 13, 2006
Well, I haven't gone for any test, not even planning to go for one. Some would be asking why. Well, I have no reason for going to the test since I believe I cant contact that dirty disease. I don’t believe I can get it only if I have sex. And I’ve never had one before. lol I’m preserved for my dream wife, I wanna marry a virgin.
Re: My HIV Test Result by egenash: 4:15pm On May 16, 2006
i think it is necessary that we all go for a test, as they say knowledge is power. if u find out you are positive, you could plan ahead maybe rob a bank to get cash for some arv's
Re: My HIV Test Result by naijacutee(f): 7:06am On May 17, 2006
. . .
Re: My HIV Test Result by bolex(m): 4:49pm On May 17, 2006
naija cutie

aids does not fly through the air

I got some stuff from some deji from nairaland today or how an innocent 10 year old guy caught aids

after eating suya

then, that should be enough to tell you

GET TESTED
Re: My HIV Test Result by goodguy(m): 7:01pm On May 17, 2006
I got this as an offline message today:

A 10 yr old boy had eaten suya about 15 days ago and fell sick, later when he had his health check done doctors diagnosed that he had AIDS. His parents couldn't believe it, ? Then the entire family under went a checkup none of them was suffering from that. The doctors checked with the boy if he had eaten out? And the boy says he had suya one evening. The hospital team went there to check. They found the suya seller had a cut on his finger while cutting the onions, and his blood had spread in the food. When they had his blood checked,  the guy was suffering from AIDS but he himself was not aware. Please take care while u eat from road side suya or roadside vendors. kindly forward this message to your friends

Just thought I should share. smiley
Re: My HIV Test Result by hotangel2(f): 7:30pm On May 17, 2006
i Got tht offline too.

Mehn thats some shiit right thurr. hmmph!
Re: My HIV Test Result by tipsy289(m): 10:11pm On May 17, 2006
I know how it is going for the test,heeeee if dat result is positive(pray cure is out by 2007).As for me,i have not taken the test before,waitn is scary i guess.
Re: My HIV Test Result by bolex(m): 8:10am On May 18, 2006
tipsy

the sooner the better

cool

damn , since I got that result

I refuse to be bad

haha

smiley

But na God go still dey help me sha because as I dey library now

I dey see gals wey dey wear those thier dirty trousers to show middle of thier asses

grin

am no longer tempted

****recites psalm 23, even though I walk thorugh the shadow of chics , I fear no temptation***

cool

God dey

Na man no go dey again after sometime

grin
Re: My HIV Test Result by bluenubian(f): 3:25pm On May 18, 2006
well i have taken one every year now for the last 4 yrs, i still get nervous now, but not as nervous as the first time, i only had to wait 2 days though, i didnt even want to get my result till my friend brought it up, then i told her nonchalantly that i didnt care about the result really cause i dont have a way to get there ( meaning a car, i didnt have a car then), well she said she would take me but i acted like i was glad, but deep down i was pissed that she offered to help, well the car ride was only 20 mins long but felt like forever, my friend started talking about everything from partying to drinking to music to work to food, evrything hmanly possible she didnt even realize how scared i was,( i wasnt trying to show that i was scared ofcourse). i wanted to slap her and tell her to shut the hell up cause all i cared about was my hiv results. well we got there and they gave me my result in my hand and told me to wait for the doctor to interprete it, maen as soon as that nurse turned her back i opened that envelope so fast and saw the result, NEGATIVE, phew i was so relieved i wanted to throw a party right then and there. well after all that i really thanked my friend for taking me there and explained how i felt earlier. well after that i bought enough condoms to last me a lifetime.

moral to the story- be a considerate friend and dont keep yapping while taking ur friend to get her result, jus kidding
real moral- GET TESTED!!!
Re: My HIV Test Result by DaHitler(m): 4:32pm On May 21, 2006
Make sure you get tested for not only HIV-1, but if you have ever been to west Africa or been involved with someone from west Africa, get tested for HIV-2 aswell. HIV-2 can also lead to aids, but it weaker than HIV-1 and it takes a lot longer (8-19 years) before it leads to aids.
Re: My HIV Test Result by dominobaby(f): 8:43pm On May 22, 2006
Yes o. I got that same offline some days back and i havent tasted suya since then!!
Re: My HIV Test Result by Ashiwaju(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2006
I know you wont find so much response in a thread like this, i wonder y ppl would contribute to as many sex threads as possible but talking about the consequences becomes a problem.

Me i have not gone 4 d test but i know b4 d end of 2006, i ll go for one, be sure to know what happens after d test wink . I think its high time i go 4 one
Re: My HIV Test Result by bluenubian(f): 1:15pm On May 23, 2006
u right ash
Re: My HIV Test Result by esoneek(m): 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2006
but y are pple so afraid of HIV?It isnt the only disease in the world is it?
Re: My HIV Test Result by bimpeaka(f): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2006
Na wa o, nobody has ever testified to being positive. I guess this stigma thing is still a big issue. We are waiting for some positive response.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngige: FG, JOHESU Have Reached Understanding / Enugu Commences Construction Of 7 Primary Health Centres In 7 Lgas / Dapo Abiodun: We Met Five Ambulances In Ogun, We Have Bought 12 More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.