Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

My HIV Test Result - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My HIV Test Result (7607 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / How Best Do I Disclose My HIV Status To Her? / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My HIV Test Result by Christino(m): 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2006
bimpeaka:

Na wa o, nobody has ever testified to being positive. I guess this stigma thing is still a big issue. We are waiting for some positive response.

Dunno y pple r scared o HIV o? It's not as bad as Chronic TB or Hepatitis B or Cancer, abi now?
Re: My HIV Test Result by Dmajesty(m): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2007
Very soon, HIV will be understood by all NOT as an illness but a state of the body. What I mean is that it will not be seen as deadly as people thought it is. Living with HIV is simple and easy. It pays no one any good to discriminate people with HIV/Aids. Respect, care and defend their rights anywhere you are.

For thorough information on the knowledge, protecting and living with HIV, search http://hivisreal.webs.io

Encourage anyone that has this virus.

Cheers, ONE NIGERIA FOR EVER
Re: My HIV Test Result by geegee(f): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2007
hey ice-bitch congrates like seun said go and sin no more. grin
i was telling my sisters and husband that no one is worth
sleeping wt unprotected cos hiv no cure im living wit it and i dont
wish anyone thesame is not a death sentence like most pple think and as
for those pple who think no one admittes on this thread they are hiv+ then
u wrong cos i ve always talked about it and i've always said im hiv+
and im heallther than health.what has stigma got to do wt it?
Re: My HIV Test Result by Dmajesty(m): 8:59am On Nov 12, 2007
geegee I love you. it shall be well with you. keep believing God and advicing others to leave healthy life.

Thanks so much.

Be a good Nigerian. spread the news and not the virus.
Re: My HIV Test Result by bien: 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2007
just went for mine yesterday
na die i dey
have to wait till monday for the results
make una pray for me oh
Re: My HIV Test Result by almondjoy(f): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2007
bien:

na die i dey
make una pray for me oh

Wetin you do? grin
Re: My HIV Test Result by bien: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2007
bien:

na die i dey
make una pray for me oh
thank GOD
IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE
Re: My HIV Test Result by Pepeye(f): 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2007
Congratulations to us, equally went for the test last month it turned out negative Thank God!!!! It’s cool for every one to know their status
Re: My HIV Test Result by sisisisi(f): 11:12am On Jun 19, 2008
I went for mine last week, unwillingly.I live abroad so one of the requirements of a full time job is getting a residence and work permit and before you get that,you must go for a complete medical check up,paid for by your employer.Chei,fear want kill me but thank GOD.All came back clean.
Re: My HIV Test Result by rooneysay: 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2008
Re: My HIV Test Result by origina9ja(f): 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2008
why ppl dey fear
condom dne finish
Re: My HIV Test Result by sunnykiss(m): 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2008
, well ice bitch kep fuking around, one day na one day, u go get am , bellleful ok
;Dbitch bitch yes i called u a bitch, biyattchhhh
Re: My HIV Test Result by carnal: 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2008
well i did mine for the first time sometime in 2003 and it came out positive but ever since then i have made alot of iimprovement healthwise though i never fell sick and has never bring,i got the necessary drugs through my brother who is medical doctor and if you see me today you won't even notice a trace,i got married in 2005 and have a daughter, i take my free time off work to address other patients who are positive, i do also attend seminars where i speak on this disease and also encourage carriers.I have come across people who felt life was over for them but after i speak with them they find these eternal peace of mind especially when they see how active and bubbling that i am,the bottomline is one might be positive but it is never the end of the world and HIV or AIDs is not the most dreaded disease afterall.
Re: My HIV Test Result by fashizzle(m): 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
This is an uplifting story carnal. But if u can satisfy my curiousity, how did u manage to conceive without infecting your husband and your baby, ?
Re: My HIV Test Result by carnal: 8:23am On Aug 29, 2008
@fashizzle, i wanted to write a private mail to give you the low down but on second thought i decided to put that information here to help/assist others who might be in my shoes,like i mentioned earlier i have a brother who is medical doctor and who was able to guide me professionally,he mentioned to me that if i can take my ARV drugs for the first 60 days non-stop back then in 2005 that i cannot infect any other person,i was surprise because this is not the message being preached but i tend to agree with him since he's medical person,true to his word i used my drugs and never missed a day in the first 60 days while i also carried out my regular CD4 count to check the effectiveness of the drugs,i met my partner in 2005 i.e about 7 months after i was diagnosed and before we knew it we got married in 2006,had our baby march 2007,with the assistance and medical evidences from my brother and sincere love from my partner things worked out for us,the bottom line is proper medication,good food and love,my partner has ran HIV test atleast on ten occassion and witht he baby they are still negative,i remember i did mention in on thread here that if you meet me you can't think i have got HIV in any way,because within myself and seminars i speak,alot of people still wonders if i am truly positive.
Re: My HIV Test Result by fashizzle(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2008
Thats great. I',m really happy for you. Its people like you who are the true heroes of this country, when u can in the face of adversity show such positivity. Must give kudos to your husband too, its not any man who can undertake such a risk. I have some other questions which may not be appropriate for the general forum. Maybe I could have your private email, if its not too much of a bother that is?
Re: My HIV Test Result by carnal: 8:23am On Sep 01, 2008
@fashizzle, i have sent you a mail, i do hope you can put your questions across.
Re: My HIV Test Result by carnal: 8:47am On Sep 02, 2008
@fashizzle, i sent a response to your mail,waiting for your reply!
Re: My HIV Test Result by dantata: 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2008
I tested + am waiting 4 my day of ,
Re: My HIV Test Result by carnal: 7:24am On Sep 03, 2008
@dantata, did you mean you are postive and you are waiting for your day of what?
Re: My HIV Test Result by danyashi(m): 11:08am On Sep 07, 2008
Understanding the problems of HIV testing such as False positive, false negetive, borderline and other explanations need a medical health worker. So always go to the nearest clinic or testing centre for that. You may find this sites helpful too

www.abudoctors.com www.nmakaduna.org/dokita

Thanks Dr Danyashi
Re: My HIV Test Result by kateangel(f): 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2008
Girl go 4 ur result and dont b scared at all. I ave done my twice and it still negative i was scared in d first place, if urs is negetive b care very very careful. Ok
Re: My HIV Test Result by Pittbaby(f): 2:30am On Sep 12, 2008
-ve by the grace of god, word of wisdom partners should get tested before getting intimate .
Re: My HIV Test Result by ollybabe: 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2008
wel,i just did my own test for the second time yesterday not becos i do mess around bt bacos i just want to know my health status
Re: My HIV Test Result by thefairone: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2008
SMH
Re: My HIV Test Result by capsmo(m): 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2008
HIV has a window period!
so u can't rely on this single test.
u may have to re-certify this test result after about 3 months to verify it.
good luck!
Re: My HIV Test Result by zikabrown(f): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2008
Just want to thank God oooo,man is not easy ooo,went for the test tooo,and the 3 hrs i have to wait for the result was the worst of my life.when the doctor called and say it was negative i was very happy.cant wait for my fiancee to go for his.for those with Hiv I pray Our good God continue to see them thru,cause it would have been any one of us.Thank God for me cause he has always shown me love
Re: My HIV Test Result by command2: 12:52am On Apr 03, 2010
steamboat may be because you have not given enough prove or you tell people to sent money to account you should understand by now that nobody will do that but if you are genuine i see no reason why you post should be delited
Re: My HIV Test Result by command2: 12:55am On Apr 03, 2010
stremboat i can proof to you that i know atleast three frudsters in this forum and soom i will give detail of them openly if you are sincere just do what you can do in your capacity to help people no body want to be i an urgly situation
Re: My HIV Test Result by tojos(m): 1:40pm On May 13, 2012
We've heard it many times through media, discussions, seminars, rallies etc about HIV/AIDS awareness campaign and the need to get tested for the virus in order for one to know his status which would go a long way in combating the global spread of the virus.

However, a major factor militating against this can be attributed to the psychological problem of some people who are afraid to take the test because of the fear of testing positive for the virus and the emotions that come with it. Many times you've tried to go for the test but you are constantly held back because of this fear and what your life would become if the result comes out positive.

Not anymore and guess what? It's time to put you out of your misery so that you can stop worrying because a solution to the problem is finally here and it is a useful tip provided on how to conduct your HIV test without having to go through the trouble of fear, stress or anxiety.

For those of you that is affected by this, hit any of the links below, join others that had done their tests, get this problem off your shoulders once and for all and get on with your life.

www.successcityy2k.com

www.successcityy2k..com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Commences Construction Of 7 Primary Health Centres In 7 Lgas / Chinwe Chibuike Foundation, Others Hold 1000 Man Walk Against Hepatitis In Benue / Nigeria, 5 African Countries To Establish mRNA Vaccine Production - WHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.