Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend (3283 Views)

FourSquare Gospel Church Building Collapses At Ojodu-Berger / Foursquare Gospel Church, Anthony, Lagos On Fire! / Efcc Probes Foursquare Gospel Church's Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by DrummaBoy(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
I reside in Ibadan and I desire to fellowship in a gospel church. I request folks on this forum who know Ibadan city well to recommend one for my family and I to worship in.
I however request that the church abide by these doctrines of faith

1. Belief in the doctrine of the Lordship of Christ: The Trinity.
2. That the church believes in the doctrine of salvation by grace alone through faith (upholding the tradition of the Reformation).
3. Belief and practice of the various gifting of the Holy Spirit.
4. Not a tithe collecting church but one that believes in free will offering.
5. This church maybe orthodox or new generation.
6. A family church with a love for the brethren and a sincere commitment to help the poor.
7. A church that believes in the inerrancy of the bible and bases its actions on the bible.

I appreciate your suggestions ahead of time. Thanks.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by DrummaBoy(m): 10:10am On Apr 22, 2013
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
Non! The only churches you would find is
1. How everybody around you including your wife and kids are suspects. MFM
2. How you can be parting with your hard earned money.
3. Churches that the choristers will be sleeping with their pastors.
4etc etc.
All you need is your own personal faith in God. Else you can be brainwashed.
Come to think of it, if a man is unemployed or can't find a job, is it witches that are doing him or the current economic situation around the world caused by man that caused it?
God remains love

1 Like

Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by An0nimus: 6:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
Offtopic: You play drums mate?
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by PastorKun(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
Just seeing this, would make some enquiries on your behalf and revert back to you. I also don't believe in the concept of trinity stated as one of your parameters though I believe strongly in the lordship of Jesus christ.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by DrummaBoy(m): 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thank U Pastor Kun. U could email me ur findings
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by dmighty: 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
cud u pls try Vine Branch Church Mokola ds sunday or any other sunday to check if d teaching and conduct of everything u see is based on d scripture...I bet it u'll feel d love of d people n d presence of God.....dt's where i attend when i relocated to Ibadan frm Lag
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by DrummaBoy(m): 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
thanks dmighty
I am still open to suggestions
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by DrummaBoy(m): 11:41am On Apr 24, 2013
I know Vine Branch. The tithe question disqualify them here.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by Image123(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
hahaha, tithe chased you away from your church at last. Don't worry, some other scenerio and teaching will still chase you from your new club. You just started.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by Goshen360(m): 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
@ OP,

It will be very hard to find a 'church' in Nigeria that doesn't do this tithe thing. All I will advice is 'ignore' this tithe thing as a criteria. Just like Alexleo said, you 'might' miss out in other good teachings of a church even if they do err in tithe thing. Get a sound bible teaching 'church' and enjoy the sound teachings plus the Grace of Christ.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
Image123: hahaha, tithe chased you away from your church at last. Don't worry, some other scenerio and teaching will still chase you from your new club. You just started.
lol.tight fisted fellow.how come na money matter dey make am run from church.
anwayz @OP no mind me jare we still be brodas na..do try scripture pasture centre pastored by olubi johnson. i was there last week when i visited ibadan and i was blessed.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by DrummaBoy(m): 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2013
Goshen I copy you on that. The thread says I am looking for a church but the underneath tone is to test the ground: THERE IS NO CHURCH IN IBADAN THAT DOESN'T PROMOTE THE TITHE. That is a kingdom emergency. I am not in a hurry to leave my present church but it would be nice to fellowship with like minded people.
To refuse the tithe is to have a balanced understanding of law and grace. Few do.
Bidam, not Olubi. He is the same as others. But when next U are in Ibadan visit me @ UCH! lol!!
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
DrummaBoy: Bidam, not Olubi. He is the same as others. But when next U are in Ibadan visit me @ UCH! lol!!
You work in UCH? I was actually there with my sis in-law when her daughter had an eye ailment.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by PastorKun(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
Bidam: lol.tight fisted fellow.how come na money matter dey make am run from church.
anwayz @OP no mind me jare we still be brodas na..do try scripture pasture centre pastored by olubi johnson. i was there last week when i visited ibadan and i was blessed.

Olubi johnson ke? He is a big time merchandiser of the gospel and he represents everything that is wrong with Nigerian pentecostal christianity. His church is run as a personal business of him and his wife.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by DrummaBoy(m): 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Bidam: You work in UCH? I was actually there with my sis in-law when her daughter had an eye ailment.

Yes I do. I am with the engineering dept.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by DrummaBoy(m): 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Olubi johnson ke? He is a big time merchandiser of the gospel and he represents everything that is wrong with Nigerian pentecostal christianity. His church is run as a personal business of him and his wife.

I used to love the guy but I was becomming wary of his too many emphasis on Hagin and speaking in other tongues. Folks I am still trusting God for a good church O.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by PastorKun(m): 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I used to love the guy but I was becomming wary of his too many emphasis on Hagin and speaking in other tongues. Folks I am still trusting God for a good church O.

I know him quite well as well. He lectured me in a physics course I took in my UI days, that was in the eighties. Whilst he was lecturing, he had a popular fellowship on campus which he headed. I was still in UI when he resigned and went into full time ministry and this same time he started to leave a more flamboyant lifestyle. Shortly after that his opened her nursery/primary school [presumably from church funds] and it soon became the most expensive primary school in Ibadan. They Later opened a secondary school which today is one of the most expensive secondary schools in the country. There were also stories of exploitation of church members who were cajoled into working for them for peanuts[under the illusion they were serving God] whilst they made millions from the schools.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by DrummaBoy(m): 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
Wow, Kun some allegation there but i won't be surprised @ them. But still alleged
But eighties... lectures @ UI. Pastor Kun you no be small boy O. Early forties?
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by Image123(m): 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
^
many of the pharisees were older than Jesus and His disciples. Age is not parallel to truth. Read 1Kings13 and learn of the old prophet.
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by PastorKun(m): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
Image123: ^
many of the pharisees were older than Jesus and His disciples. Age is not parallel to truth. Read 1Kings13 and learn of the old prophet.

Olodo tongue

1 Like

Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by wordthots: 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by wordthots: 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
@ OP, u could try RBC (Restoration Bible Church) its at orogun, great place to be. The word is given first place and the Holy spirit a free flow... Attended the fellowship back in school (UI) it was called VCF (Victory Christian Fellowship) now RBCF.
There's also anoda great plaace called saints community, bt would need to help u get the address of that one.

Godbless
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by Jobasuyi: 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
I know its an old thread. Bit I'm curious if the OP eventually found a church like that in Ibadan. I currently moved back to Ibadan and Im looking for a church with the same specifications posted by the OP.

2 Likes

Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by Omo1sola4u(f): 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
Mercy Christian Center (Bulwark of Truth) has all these Criteria Her believe is that Jesus is the perfect example for righteousness and the Holy Spirit helps us to live that life... The life that God called us into. What Jesus and other Apostles Taught was Heavy Giving, beyond the 10% that other people talk about, which is based on Law not Grace. What Jesus called us into is to give our All to him. (Acts 20:35) John 14:15, If you love God, you'd obey me, which is Christian Living, Life of Grace and not Laws,that is what is being practiced there, but the church .... But the church is only here in Lagos, @ Ikeja. They teach TRUTH, u need to come learn God yourself, not the Mosaic style of serving God, that is everywhere, but Grace method of serving, which is Jesus. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by Omo1sola4u(f): 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
Mercy Christian Center (Bulwark of Truth) has all these Criteria Her believe is that Jesus is the perfect example for righteousness and the Holy Spirit helps us to live that life... The life that God called us into. What Jesus and other Apostles Taught was Heavy Giving, beyond the 10% that other people talk about, which is based on Law not Grace. What Jesus called us into is to give our All to him. (Acts 20:35) John 14:15, If you love God, you'd obey me, which is Christian Living, Life of Grace and not Laws,that is what is being practiced there, but the church .... But the church is only here in Lagos, @ Ikeja. They teach TRUTH, u need to come learn God yourself, not the Mosaic style of serving God, that is everywhere, but Grace method of serving, which is Jesus.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by planetzoom: 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2018
you can try ministry of the naked wire,at Bodija,its a nice place to worship and they dont collect tithe at all,only offerings .
Re: In Search Of A Living/gospel Church In Ibadan: Pls Recommend by paulcr7: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
Any reformed church in Ibadan?

(1) (Reply)

Do People Really Steal Other Peoples 'stars'? / Final Coffin On The Virgin Birth Doctrine Of Demons / Why Are So Many Christians Against Jehovah Witnesses ? Why ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.