Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Jiroemon Kimura, The World’s Oldest Person Is 116 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Jiroemon Kimura, The World’s Oldest Person Is 116 (641 Views)

This Person Is Missing / World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 / World's Oldest Dad Has Another Baby At 96 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jiroemon Kimura, The World’s Oldest Person Is 116 by infonubia(m): 5:40am On Apr 22, 2013
The world’s oldest person, Jiroemon Kimura, added another feather to his cap when he turned 116 on Friday, April 19th.

Kimura was congratulated in a video message by the prime minister of Japan, Shenzo Abe. "I'm 58 years old, still a young man at only half your age. Thanks to your generation's efforts, Japan could overcome several difficult times and achieve the prosperity we enjoy today. Your healthy existence becomes our confidence and pride," the prime minister said.

Guinness World Record crowned Kimura the world’s oldest person in December 2012. Now, he is celebrated all around the world for his longevity. What is his secret? “Three-meal-a-day diet of rice, pumpkins and sweet potatoes,” a local media reported. His advice? Eat light.

Kimura has 25 great grand children, 13 great great grandchildren, and lives with his 60-year old grand-daughter-in law.

Cheers to long life and good health Mr. Kimura. Congratulations!

www.infonubia.com
Re: Jiroemon Kimura, The World’s Oldest Person Is 116 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
Who told u he is the world oldest person? I attended the burial of a colleagues grandmom two weeks ago, and she died at the age of 130 this year, so what da heck are u sayin.....116 or 161?
Re: Jiroemon Kimura, The World’s Oldest Person Is 116 by infonubia(m): 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
lrguru: Who told u he is the world oldest person? I attended the burial of a colleagues grandmom two weeks ago, and she died at the age of 130 this year, so what da heck are u sayin.....116 or 161?

check out this link to the official Guinness world record:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com.au/news/2012/12/japans-jiroemon-kimura-confirmed-as-oldest-living-person-at-115-years-253-days-46484/
Re: Jiroemon Kimura, The World’s Oldest Person Is 116 by mamachi(f): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
my grandma is even older than she is. Dats a big lie!
Re: Jiroemon Kimura, The World’s Oldest Person Is 116 by infonubia(m): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
mamachi: my grandma is even older than she is. Dats a big lie!

It could very well be so but it is not documented. I would think one can write the Guinness world record to dispute some of these claims.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Strange For Your Nephew To Stay In A Family Friend's House Instead Of Your / NEXT OF KIN- Who Deserves To Be?? / Will You Like Your Child To Repeat SS2 Class?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.