Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (23889 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.

23 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ninja4life(m): 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
[
bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.
100000000 likes.lol at

100000000 likes.lol at begging himself in heaven not to allow d cruxifiction to happen like seriously let those trinitians to come and explain.u made good points about those african slaves most esp those born into slavery forced to work in plantation with their mouth locked for decades under whips and molestation imagine comparing wat those people suffered to wat d imaginary jesus suffered for JUST A DAY with wat those slaves suffered for DECADES and some are killed unjustly and dis is happening under d watch of d almighty God who loves everybody but cant save d africans.dats pure rubbish anyway i need a BLACK JESUS cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

17 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ednut1(m): 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
jesus was killed, he didnt die for anyone, his disciples created d stories. shocked

8 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
The real sacrifice was not in his death... But the shame.. a god becoming a man and subjecting himself to the torments that exist in this evil world..

At least, that's what the apologetics would have us believe....

Lol.. You believe someone who could walk on water, raise the dead, heal the sick.. Got killed by 3 nails... Lmao... Even 50 cent survived 9 bullets..

17 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
ninja4life: [
100000000 likes.lol at

100000000 likes.lol at begging himself in heaven not to allow d cruxifiction to happen like seriously let those trinitians to come and explain.u made good points about those african slaves most esp those born into slavery forced to work in plantation with their mouth locked for decades under whips and molestation imagine comparing wat those people suffered to wat d imaginary jesus suffered for JUST A DAY with wat those slaves suffered for DECADES and some are killed unjustly and dis is happening under d watch of d almighty God who loves everybody but cant save d africans.dats pure rubbish anyway i need a BLACK JESUS cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
thanks my good man, christians really need to have a rethink about everything, lol, tupac claimed to be the former black jesus, but now I think it's rapper, the game, he is the current black jesus, lol.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
musKeeto: The real sacrifice was not in his death... But the shame.. a god becoming a man and subjecting himself to the torments that exist in this evil world..

At least, that's what the apologetics would have us believe....

one thing I know is that christians can never be able to give a reasonable explanation for the alleged death of their savior, cos like they claim jesus was the sacrificial lamb who paid a price to redeem mankind,

but that brings a whole new perspective to the whole story, who was the price paid to? Was it the devil? Or he paid the price to himself? If the price was paid to the devil that goes to show that the devil is more powerful than God/jesus, if the price was paid to God/jesus then that also goes to show us how blood thirsty he is, either way this story is all bull.shyte,

7 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ninja4life(m): 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
Pls my fellow christians help an ignorant brother with dis question :wat is d difference btw God and satan cos dey seem related and interchangeable.lol tanks

5 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by braine(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
I love good thinkers. I love this thread. wink

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
braine: I love good thinkers. I love this thread. wink
big ups to u my good maNn,

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ednut1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
bolaino: one thing I know is that christians can never be able to give a reasonable explanation for the alleged death of their savior, cos like they claim jesus was the sacrificial lamb who paid a price to redeem mankind,

but that brings a whole new perspective to the whole story, who was the price paid to? Was it the devil? Or he paid the price to himself? If the price was paid to the devil that goes to show that the devil is more powerful than God/jesus, if the price was paid to God/jesus then that also goes to show us how blood thirsty he is, either way this story is all bull.shyte,
hahahahahaha yeah paid a price to himself how cheesy, mumu folks

3 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
ednut1: hahahahahaha yeah paid a price to himself how cheesy, mumu folks
lol, yes boss, these folks are something else.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by damosky12(m): 9:44am On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

look friend. Jesus was not a man, He was 'God Himself' who came in form of a man(John 1:1), He carried the life spirit of God because He was born of that spirit and not a man's spermatozua; that is why He was called Emmanuel meaning God (himself) with us (in form of man). He wasnt born of any man (remember it was the prencense of God who over shadowed a holy virgin to bear Him), so he was not a normal being neither was he a sinner genetically because he wasnt born by a man's sperm remember, man is a sinner by nature of Adam. Jesus was not a product of Adam!! HE WAS HOLY IN NATURE AND IN DEED. HE NEVER SINNED AND WAS'NT BORN A SINNER LIKE ALL MEN!! The reason why the sacrifice is esteemed is because of.

1)God's love for man for Jesus to die in the place of sinfull sinners when He himself never sinned. (2Corinth 5:21)

2)He himself was the creator of men. Bible says "...and without Him was not anything made that was made"-JOHN 1:3. He was the one who could die to bear the sins of all men because he made them and remember He could have chosen not to die and kill all men, creating a new set of Men. He chose not "for God SO LOVED the world" this world.

3) A man who hated sin was made to carry it in bulk upon himself, that was why He was praying to God. He wasnt afraid of the death but never wanted to be a sinner for once because He had to carry the sins of the whole world (alive, dead and unborn) upon himself even though He never sinned!

89 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2013
damosky12:
look friend. Jesus was not a man, He was 'God Himself' who came in form of a man(John 1:1), He carried the life spirit of God because He was born of that spirit and not a man's spermatozua; that is why He was called Emmanuel meaning God (himself) with us (in form of man).
How could God die?

damosky12:
He wasnt born of any man (remember it was the the the prencense of God who over shadowed a holy virgin to bear Him), so he was not a normal being neither was he a sinner genetically because he wasnt born by a man's sperm remember, man is a sinner by nature of Adam. Jesus was not a product of Adam!!
So why call himself Son of David? Evidently, the seed of David wasn't in him.

damosky12:
HE WAS HOLY IN NATURE AND IN DEED. HE NEVER SINNED AND WAS'NT BORN A SINNER LIKE ALL MEN!! The reason why the sacrifice is esteemed is because of.

1)God's love for man for Jesus to die in the place of sinfull sinners when He himself never sinned. (1Corinth 5:21)
So God sent himself to save his creations to pay a debt his creations owed him. I'm not surprised I have to believe this by faith. Faith makes the irrational rational.

damosky12:
He himself was the creator of men. Bible says "...and without Him was not anything made that was made"-JOHN 1:3. He was the one who could die to bear the sins of all men because he made them and remember He could have chosen not to die and kill all men, creating a new set of Men. He chose not "for God SO LOVED the world" this world.
Again, God sacrificed himself to himself?

damosky12:
3) A man who hated sin was made to carry it in bulk upon himself, that was why He was praying to God. He wasnt afraid of the death but never wanted to be a sinner for once because He had to carry the sins of the whole world (alive, dead and unborn) upon himself even though He never sinned!

Sounds like all the problem of the world today is because Nazareth didn't have an asylum..

19 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by damosky12(m): 10:41am On Apr 23, 2013
How could God die?

Nice question, God is not a man like you and me, God is awesome, a three in one being;

1)Father: God Himself sitting on the throne

2) Son: Jesus, the word that sent into becoming a flesh, 'John 1:14, that same Word was God himself, that word had God's spirit, holy spirit and life

3)The Hoy Spirit: God could sit on His throne and be at the same time at diffrent parts of the world doing wonders, speaking to His Sons. He is omnipresence, that presence apart from His throne is what is called the Holy Spirit, that Holy Spirit lived in Jesus, that was why He could act like God.

So why call himself Son of David? Evidently, the seed of David wasn't in him.

Just like He was called Son of Joseph too. The fact that He was called the Son of David does not mean He is a seed of David. He only appeared in the family that sprang forth from David's lions. That title was just mere formality, He (Jesus Himself) said "I AM FROM ABOVE:....; I AM NOT OF THIS WORLD (John 8:23) His life was nt from spermatozua but from God above.

So God sent himself to save his creations to pay a debt his creations owed him. I'm not surprised I have to believe this by faith. Faith makes the irrational rational.

Look, not like the creations owe Him. God is not a lier, He doesnt change His word. He already said in the old testament "the soul that sins shall die"-EZEKIEL 18:4. When He says a world, it must follo suit, that was why He had to send Jesus (God in human body) to die in that place. It was legally accepted He took their place since He made them. He became the sin for them. 2COR 5:21. Note: Jesus is God in human body

Again, God sacrificed himself to himself?

Sacrificed Himself for Himself? I did'nt say that. He just had to take their place. He had established the law "the soul that sinneth shal die", He loved them, He had to send His Jesus to die in their place. Note: It was legally acceptable to take thier place by that same law. He was the only one who could because through Him they were made (JOHN 1:3)

Sounds like all the problem of the world today is because Nazareth didn't have an asylum..

It depends on what you mean by asylum.

Whether you believe or not, it doest change the truth still. You'll only be very unsmart not to believe the truth. Its at your detriment since am not asking you to pay me offering or come to my church. THE TRUTH REMAINS "HE DIED FOR YOU ALREADY, REJECT HIM AND BE DAMNED! ACCEPT HIM AND BE SAVED John 3:18, YOU WILL THEN KNOW, HIM (He will show Himself to you, there wouldnt be need to ask these.).-

[/quote]

48 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
damosky12:

look friend. Jesus was not a man, He was 'God Himself' who came in form of a man(John 1:1), He carried the life spirit of God because He was born of that spirit and not a man's spermatozua; that is why He was called Emmanuel meaning God (himself) with us (in form of man). He wasnt born of any man (remember it was the the the prencense of God who over shadowed a holy virgin to bear Him), so he was not a normal being neither was he a sinner genetically because he wasnt born by a man's sperm remember, man is a sinner by nature of Adam. Jesus was not a product of Adam!! HE WAS HOLY IN NATURE AND IN DEED. HE NEVER SINNED AND WAS'NT BORN A SINNER LIKE ALL MEN!! The reason why the sacrifice is esteemed is because of.

1)God's love for man for Jesus to die in the place of sinfull sinners when He himself never sinned. (1Corinth 5:21)

2)He himself was the creator of men. Bible says "...and without Him was not anything made that was made"-JOHN 1:3. He was the one who could die to bear the sins of all men because he made them and remember He could have chosen not to die and kill all men, creating a new set of Men. He chose not "for God SO LOVED the world" this world.

no matter how much u try to make sense from this fable u can never make anything sensible from it.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2013

WAS A BIG DEAL IN WHAT IT ACCOMPLISHED. IT RE-UNITED A FALLEN WORLD BACK TO GOD

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: WAS A BIG DEAL IN WHAT IT ACCOMPLISHED. IT RE-UNITED A FALLEN WORLD BACK TO GOD
mr reincarnation I see u've found your way here, lol
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: mr reincarnation I see u've found your way here, lol
YEZZUR wink I AM UBIQUITOUS
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: YEZZUR wink I AM UBIQUITOUS
so do u believe that jesus was killed literally or is the story an esoteric one?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by damosky12(m): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: no matter how much u try to make sense from this fable u can never make anything sensible from it.

Shuo! am not trying to make sence. It just seems you prefer ignorance to knowledge. You need to see signs and wonders through His name before beliving?

18 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by damosky12(m): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
[quote author=damosky12][/quote]
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
damosky12:

Shuo! am not trying to make sence. It just seems you prefer ignorance to knowledge. You need to see signs and wonders through His name before beliving?
well since u guys claim to know everything, I would like to know why ur God created evil in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: so do u believe that jesus was killed literally or is the story an esoteric one?
ITS A GOOD QUESTION. IN SO MANY OCCASIONS IN THE BIBLE 'KILLED' MEANS TO 'MAKE SOMEONE IRRELEVANT'.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
there was never any sacrifice, jesus 'according to the story' was killed by roman authorities.
the rest of the story is d same with the ancient lion and tortoise stories, when tortoise was the wisest and lion the strongest, and one day the tortoise called all the animals to gather at the palace bla bla bla bla etc.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: ITS A GOOD QUESTION. IN SO MANY OCCASIONS IN THE BIBLE 'KILLED' MEANS TO 'MAKE SOMEONE IRRELEVANT'.
so how do we know the instances where killed means making some one irrelevant in the bible? Give us examples.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
ACTS 5 VS 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. <<< SEEMS PREETY DESCRIPTIVE TO ME. THEY HUNG HIM ON A TREE.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by 1stola: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
This is an interesting question...

Where is that ranting "PAGAN9JA"?? pls answer the op quesion.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: well since u guys claim to know everything, I would like to know why ur God created evil in the first place?

My own understanding of the Bible, GOD NEVER CREATED EVIL. Yall should get it straight.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Fhemmmy: 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2013

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial[b] have given us the illusion that[/b] it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

You have already indicated which side you are on, So how do you expect people to give you answers without bias?

11 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ednut1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
i sacrificed myself to myself, and woke up 3 days later angry angry angry shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
Jesus did not die for us, he was arrested and charged to court for high Treason and heresy, which according to the laws of the land was punishable by death under Section ### of the Roman Laws of the time.

Jesus decided not to go with the public defender but to represent himself in court. The first court dismissed the case against him for lack of proper evidence; the second court which was a higher court sentenced him to death.
Before his crucifixion, he had was about to be granted amnesty nut the people didn’t want him, so they granted amnesty to Barnabas and sent Jesus to the gallows.

Jesus died because He was a wanted man, who had evaded arrest for so long until he was caught slipping after one of his home boys went and snitched to the cops in exchange for money and immunity from prosecution. ..

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

The Dedication Of Catholic Church, Nkpor Anambra (Photos) / Pastor Philip Igbinijesu: "No PVC, No Communion For Church Members" / Types Of People You'll Find At The Crossover Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.