Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (23856 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: LUCIFER IS A TITLE. IT MEANS 'LIGHT BEARER'. WHAT THAT MEANS IS THAT WHOMEVER THE WHOLE WORLD LOOKS UP TO IS LUCIFER. THE PERSON OR EMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD IS LUCIFER. NOW IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS CHAPTER 22, IT TELLS YOU WHEN CHRIST RETURNS AND TAKE CONTROL OF THE WORLD, HE WOULD BE LUCIFER. AND WITH THAT SAID, THE BOOK OF ISAIAH CHAPTER 14 IF YOU READ IT FROM CHAPTER 1 ON DOWN TO THE POINT WHERE LUCIFER IS MENTIONED, YOU WILL KNOW LUCIFER IS REFERING TO THE EMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD THEN. BABYLON. THE KING OF BABYLON. LUCIFER TODAY IS AMERICA UNDER OBAMA. THATS WHAT LUCIFER IS. A TITLE OF THE WORLD CONTROLLER.

Ahh, I thought you would have quoted the Bible na... lol

Not ONLY are you Blasphemous, you're also deluded. Get me your wonderful Biblical Quotes about LUCIFER cheesy cheesy
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Shey you don't have any quote aagin grin grin

Btw, be cautious on how you insult me, Christian or not, I will return fire for fire.
RETURN FIRE FOR FIRE ? I HAVE SEEN YOUR WORK. I WILL SMASH YOU DOWN LIKE THE REPROBATE BUG YOU ARE smiley
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Amhappy(f): 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
During the Roman reign a lot of people were crucified for a lot of reasons. Even the thieves that died with Christ were crucified but Christ Death on the cross is so special and different. Why

He is God(Our Creator)
At the time of His death,He was truely God and truely man(He took flesh so he felt the pains and injuries)
He chose to die(He took it upon himself to die,Selfless Sacrifice)
He died for us while we are still sinners
He died in our place(We were condemned by the sin of Adam and paradise was taken away from us.We are supposed to be the one to die by law of justice)
He gave us the power to call God 'Father' again
His death brought the mercy of God
His death bought us salvation and eternal life
Finally He didn't just die,He resurrected on the third day giving us hope that if we die in him,we will resurrect on the last day

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: RETURN FIRE FOR FIRE ? I HAVE SEEN YOUR WORK. I WILL SMASH YOU DOWN LIKE THE REPROBATE BUG YOU ARE smiley

No problem, I'll be waiting on you. Shey you know that's why Seun banned me for a whole week, this time, I won't spare you... Bring it on dumbtard. grin
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Seanjigga: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
Wht a Shame ! Lord appear 2 dis doubters & blind dem like Saul until dey believe ... Its takes da Holy Spirit 2 understand da BiBle. May u doubters nt end up like da thief on da left hand of Jesus. Blasphemy dis wht dis post is all abt.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Delafruita(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
Marine*etyon:
You'l meet Jesus some day... My prayers for you is that may you meet Jesus when His mercy for mankind yet availeth... else you'l of all men most miserable.
dafuq you talking about?once a person asks questions about the obviously flawed religion of christianity,christians begin to spew remarks that only serve to affirm the falsity of their religion

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by uglybetty: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
Who is like unto thee,oh lord who is like unto thee,oh lord among the blasphemers who is like thee ooh glorious in righteousness fearful in mercy doing wonders AMEN. TO ALL HATERS OF JESUS MY LORD.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by sarutobi: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
Muslims love to point their leprous fingers at others with their self righteous hypocritical zeal.

Go and defend your thieving, r@ping murderous prophet.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by benswagtt(m): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
On a normal day. Do u knw hw it feels 2 die 4 an offence u did nt commit? Do u knw d pains He(Jesus) passed tru?. No man on earth hav gone tru dat sufferin. @op, u are talkin of 1 billion$, u no go even collect beatin b4 u die. Abegi pack well

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
damosky12:

look friend. Jesus was not a man, He was 'God Himself' who came in form of a man(John 1:1), He carried the life spirit of God because He was born of that spirit and not a man's spermatozua; that is why He was called Emmanuel meaning God (himself) with us (in form of man). He wasnt born of any man (remember it was the the the prencense of God who over shadowed a holy virgin to bear Him), so he was not a normal being neither was he a sinner genetically because he wasnt born by a man's sperm remember, man is a sinner by nature of Adam. Jesus was not a product of Adam!! HE WAS HOLY IN NATURE AND IN DEED. HE NEVER SINNED AND WAS'NT BORN A SINNER LIKE ALL MEN!! The reason why the sacrifice is esteemed is because of.

1)God's love for man for Jesus to die in the place of sinfull sinners when He himself never sinned. (1Corinth 5:21)

2)He himself was the creator of men. Bible says "...and without Him was not anything made that was made"-JOHN 1:3. He was the one who could die to bear the sins of all men because he made them and remember He could have chosen not to die and kill all men, creating a new set of Men. He chose not "for God SO LOVED the world" this world.

3) A man who hated sin was made to carry it in bulk upon himself, that was why He was praying to God. He wasnt afraid of the death but never wanted to be a sinner for once because He had to carry the sins of the whole world (alive, dead and unborn) upon himself even though He never sinned!

LMAO!
Please kindly explain how was not of a man's spermatozua.
So a man's sperm is genetically sinful, but a woman's egg is without sin?
I am dying of laughter.
How did the holy spirit convert to fetus in mary's womb? Why did it need to stay there for a whole nine months?
Why would god bother to go through that cumbersome process in the first place?

This is surely a record setter as being the most convoluted logic ever posted on NL.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Benbiana(f): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
[quote
author=bolaino]It's a question that should be answered with utmost
sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my
christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial
have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing
any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate
price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and
he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth
and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who
have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about
jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have
been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up
again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was
still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing
happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given
one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or
even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america?
Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to
death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so
christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his
life down for sinners.[/quote]

u n dos saying rubbish just make sure u don say thgs dt wl mak u comment sin.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
Must christians resort to name calling and insults when faced with pertinent questions about their faith?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by uwem18: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
This people have accepted that Christianity is the best. If not bombing today, the next day will be frustrated stories like this
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Delafruita(m): 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
Sweetlemon: OP, you got the concept all wrong and I'm really so shocked at the way some people reason and are so fast to just jump to conclusions about things without taking their time to study it.
First and foremost, you say you can go through all that for a billion $ right? So would many money-crazy people. But you missed the plot here. Jesus did not do it for a million $, he did it to save you and I from the hands of the devil, and give us eternal life.
He was already God before he became man. he was already living in majestic splendor in heaven so didn't do it for that (although the name and blood of Jesus is so powerful now because of this act) bear in mind that he was already God and owned everything before all that.
So while you would be doing it for money, and personal gains, Jesus did it for love. You cannot begin to imagine the pain he went through as the kind of death he died is one of the worst way of dying ever! He died for everyone and for whosoever that believes in him so Christianity is for everybody and whosoever and not just the Oyibos, as some ignorant Africans like to tell themselves.

Get it?
did ghandi do it for money?did mandela do it for money?did the red indian chiefs do it for money?did the multitude of people who died in the course of history fighting injustice do it for money?

you dont realise how ridiculous the bolded sounds.try reading it analytically
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

No problem, I'll be waiting on you. Shey you know that's why Seun banned me for a whole week, this time, I won't spare you... Bring it on dumbtard. grin
GO PICK ON YOUR MATES >>>midgets
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: Must christians resort to name calling and insults when faced with pertinent questions about their faith?

No one is resorting to name calling, but giving you the truth like it is. You don't expect to say "why is it that some Christians are DUMB" and you expect them to be looking @ you like mugu... No na, if you want peaceful argument, you will get it.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by IleIfe2(m): 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
maclatunji on duty kiss
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: GO PICK ON YOUR MATES >>>midgets

Coming from a dumbtardious, blasphemous bomboclat, anything you misquote, I'll put you in your place. cool
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by yuzedo: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: LUCIFER IS A TITLE. IT MEANS 'LIGHT BEARER'. WHAT THAT MEANS IS THAT WHOMEVER THE WHOLE WORLD LOOKS UP TO IS LUCIFER. THE PERSON OR EMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD IS LUCIFER. NOW IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS CHAPTER 22, IT TELLS YOU WHEN CHRIST RETURNS AND TAKE CONTROL OF THE WORLD, HE WOULD BE LUCIFER. AND WITH THAT SAID, THE BOOK OF ISAIAH CHAPTER 14 IF YOU READ IT FROM CHAPTER 1 ON DOWN TO THE POINT WHERE LUCIFER IS MENTIONED, YOU WILL KNOW LUCIFER IS REFERING TO THE EMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD THEN. BABYLON. THE KING OF BABYLON. LUCIFER TODAY IS AMERICA UNDER OBAMA. THATS WHAT LUCIFER IS. A TITLE OF THE WORLD CONTROLLER.
Almost legit bro, but i thought Lucifer means "Son of the Morning"??

Still doesn't address the itsy-bitsy part about God's omniscience... If you knew shittt was gon get fuckedddd up by a nigga, why create him?

If you knew destroying Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't gonna solve the gay scourge, why destroy it?

If you knew destroying the WHOLE EARTH during Noahs time with water wasn't gonna rid the world of sin, why do it?

Does God know what He is doing or he just does trial and error and depends on contingency plans? undecided Man, the bible doesn't sell itself convincingly to people who are willing to go beyond just accepting things blindly without testing. "FAITH" IS NOT ENOUGH!

5 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Orikinla(m): 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
Without the sacrifice, you and I would not even be here today.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
E No get wetin i no go see for nairaland. if its not a Big deal then go and die on the cross for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Tintinix: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
@OP, You wanna know the answer...You all will soon know!

emmmmm, I assure you, christains will not take up arms for this post.
We all know Christainity is one religion that is loved to be hated...

Jesus Christ is Lord Forever!!!!

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by benswagtt(m): 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
yuzedo:

Still doesn't address the itsy-bitsy part about God's omniscience... If you knew shittt was gon get fuckedddd up by a nigga, why create him?

If you knew destroying Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't gonna solve the gay scourge, why destroy it?

If you knew destroying the WHOLE EARTH during Noahs time with water wasn't gonna rid the world of sin, why do it?

Does God know what He is doing or he just does trial and error and depends on contingency plans? undecided Man, the bible doesn't sell itself convincingly to people who are willing to go beyond just accepting things blindly without testing. "FAITH" IS NOT ENOUGH!
chiaman, lucifer luvs faithful servant lyk u. Soooooon! I repeat sooooon! U will meet him. Pray its nt 2 late den
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
yuzedo:
Still doesn't address the itsy-bitsy part about God's omniscience... If you knew shit was gon get fuckedddd up by a nigga, why create him?
If you knew destroying the WHOLE EARTH during Noahs time with water wasn't gonna rid the world of sin, why do it? Does God know what He is doing or he just does trial and error and depends on contingency plans? undecided Man, the bible doesn't sell itself convincingly to people who are willing to go beyond just accepting things blindly without testing. "FAITH" IS NOT ENOUGH!

Bros, God is not a human that I question his words nor his authority. He gave us the ability to think, discern between good and bad, even before he created the heavens, the angels who worshiped him. God Created Mankind, also created the fallen angel Lucifer, did God know perhaps that he will sin? Maybe, maybe not. Bottom line is that God gave him the opportunity to do right, God cannot change your ways BECAUSE he has given you the will power to do so, that's why we pray God not to give us unto a reprobate mind but to walk in his way, as his chooses.

No matter how we choose to justify it, God is GOD.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
Delafruita:
did ghandi do it for money?did mandela do it for money?did the red indian chiefs do it for money?did the multitude of people who died in the course of history fighting injustice do it for money?

you dont realise how ridiculous the bolded sounds.try reading it analytically
Oh really? Ghandi, mandela, red indians, etc were beaten with horse whips, were given crowns of throngs, and crucified So they died on the cross?
Besides, Mandela went through what he went through for South Africans, Ghandi did his for Indians, but our lord Jesus did his for the whole wide world. Can't you just see that the difference is clear??!!!
na wa o!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
yuzedo:

SATAN WORKS IN CONJUNCTION WITH GOD. SATAN IS NOT THE ENEMY YOU THINK HE IS. HE IS THE ENEMY IF THE LORD ALLOWS HIM TO JACK YOU UP. HOWEVER HE NEEDS PERMISSION FROM THE LORD BEFORE HE CAN DO HIS DAMAGE. HE IS THE LORDS POLICE-MAN ON EARTH. AN EVIL ANGEL THAT DELIVERS JUSTICE ON BEHALF OF THE LORD. HE DOES NOT ACT ON HIS OWN. THATS AN OLD MYTH. IF YOU WANT VERSES TO WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SUPPLY EM.
JOB 1 VS 12 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

PROVERBS 16 VS 4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil

COLOSIANS 1 VS 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: SATAN WORKS IN CONJUNCTION WITH GOD. SATAN IS NOT THE ENEMY YOU THINK HE IS. HE IS THE ENEMY IF THE LORD ALLOWS HIM TO JACK YOU UP. HOWEVER HE NEEDS PERMISSION FROM THE LORD BEFORE HE CAN DO HIS DAMAGE. HE IS THE LORDS POLICE-MAN ON EARTH. AN EVIL ANGEL THAT DELIVERS JUSTICE ON BEHALF OF THE LORD. HE DOES NOT ACT ON HIS OWN. THATS AN OLD MYTH. IF YOU WANT VERSES TO WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SUPPLY EM.

Let me guess, you're about to start flooding this thread with JOB? cheesy cheesy cheesy

PATHETIC
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Delafruita(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
donsax: The spirit of anti christ must have invade the poster, to miss guide people, weak their spiritual life.
@ poster must you die and find yourself in hell before you believe Jesus is the lord?
What sadden me most is that the useless poster may be saved by confessing Jesus as his savior in his last hour, while some readers who would be miss guided by this end up in hell.
Be Wise and stick to your faith, we are in the last hour!! don't let any deceive you or weaken your faith, you may be dying tomorrow.....devil don't want you to make heaven that is why he invaded the poster to post this...it may be just for the sake of one person.
Jesus is lord!!!!!
this is sickening.what do you mean by "we are in the last hour"?because the bible said there will be disasters,earthquakes,wars,rumours of wars,famines etc?these things have all existed for as long as history records.mount vesuvius erupted in 66AD,there was an earthquake in syria during the reign of king herod,wars have happened for as long as man has been around.what exactly is different about this century or this millenium that makes it the "last hour"?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by benswagtt(m): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! JESUS IS LORD! If e dey pain u con worship me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry Opens Today, Worshippers Rejoice / Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Celebrate 21st Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.