Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (23863 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
OP, you got the concept all wrong and I'm really so shocked at the way some people reason and are so fast to just jump to conclusions about things without taking their time to study it.
First and foremost, you say you can go through all that for a billion $ right? So would many money-crazy people. But you missed the plot here. Jesus did not do it for a million $, he did it to save you and I from the hands of the devil, and give us eternal life.
He was already God before he became man. he was already living in majestic splendor in heaven so didn't do it for that (although the name and blood of Jesus is so powerful now because of this act) bear in mind that he was already God and owned everything before all that.
So while you would be doing it for money, and personal gains, Jesus did it for love. You cannot begin to imagine the pain he went through as the kind of death he died is one of the worst way of dying ever! He died for everyone and for whosoever that believes in him so Christianity is for everybody and whosoever and not just the Oyibos, as some ignorant Africans like to tell themselves.
Get it?

7 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
musKeeto:

FOOOOLLL
There's more to life than Christianity and Islam.

And btw, Muslims also respect Jesus as a prophet. A Muslim would be going against Islam if he ever created this thread.
lol, pls help me tell him jare, most christians think that the world revolves around dem, I pity them sometimes, deluding themselves.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

I sound crazy right, because the explanation did not suit you... Continue your blasphemy
WHO IS LUCIFER ? LET ME ASK YOU THAT QUESTION FIRST. LETS SEE HOW SANE OR INSANE YOU REALLY ARE
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by yuzedo: 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju: Jesus did not die for us, he was arrested and charged to court for high Treason and heresy, which according to the laws of the land was punishable by death under Section ### of the Roman Laws of the time.

Jesus decided not to go with the public defender but to represent himself in court. The first court dismissed the case against him for lack of proper evidence; the second court which was a higher court sentenced him to death.
Before his crucifixion, he had was about to be granted amnesty nut the people didn’t want him, so they granted amnesty to Barnabas and sent Jesus to the gallows.

Jesus died because He was a wanted man, who had evaded arrest for so long until he was caught slipping after one of his home boys went and snitched to the cops in exchange for money and immunity from prosecution. ..
Seems legit.............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: WHO IS LUCIFER ? LET ME ASK YOU THAT QUESTION FIRST. LETS SEE HOW SANE OR INSANE YOU REALLY ARE

Haha, you're good at misquoting the Bible, how about you tell us who Lucifer is, perhaps you will soon tell us Lucifer was GOD himself. cheesy cheesy
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by uju22(f): 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
@bolaino, believe wot u like and leave the christians with their FAITH in CHRIST JESUS. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
Can you die for people on your street alone? undecided
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: ISAIAH 45 VS 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
mr reincarnation, I no understand u ooo, I no go lie, u be christian abi u won form ur own religion using the bible,
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by john6006: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
THE ONLY MAN WHO SHOW REAL LOVE:::::::WHEN PETER TRY TO DEFEND HIM :::::HE REJECTED AND EVEN MADE PETER TO REALISE WHAT A TRUE RELIGION IS BY SHOWING LOVE TO THE ENEMY::SWORD IS A SYMBOL OF DEFENCE AND WAR...JESUS WORDS ARE STRONGER TO BREAK :::::LOVE IS UNBREAKABLE:::

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: mr reincarnation, I no understand u ooo, I no go lie, u be christian abi u won form ur own religion using the bible,

His reincarnation nonsense, he's been unable to answer the question put before him.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by sarutobi: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju: Jesus did not die for us, he was arrested and charged to court for high Treason and heresy, which according to the laws of the land was punishable by death under Section ### of the Roman Laws of the time.

Jesus decided not to go with the public defender but to represent himself in court. The first court dismissed the case against him for lack of proper evidence; the second court which was a higher court sentenced him to death.
Before his crucifixion, he had was about to be granted amnesty nut the people didn’t want him, so they granted amnesty to Barnabas and sent Jesus to the gallows.

Jesus died because He was a wanted man, who had evaded arrest for so long until he was caught slipping after one of his home boys went and snitched to the cops in exchange for money and immunity from prosecution. ..

I will like to meet you in person. We think alike bro.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Haha, you're good at misquoting the Bible, how about you tell us who Lucifer is, perhaps you will soon tell us Lucifer was GOD himself. cheesy cheesy
DONT DODGE THE QUESTION. YOU JUST MADE A STATEMENT ABOUT LUCIFER SO YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT ? WHO IS LUCIFER ?
manny4life:

If you like, TWIST and TURN IT, GOD NEVER CREATED EVIL. Evil has long manifested when Lucifer was cast down with his demonic/fallen angels, however, since God created ALL HEAVENS and Earth and therein lies the evil, so GOD has dominion, control, over them.
<<< YOUR POST
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by andyanders: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

I was about to quote that now when I saw yours,

He has already made up his mind yet asking questions, like I often say and will continue to say,

2 Timothy 2:23 "Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels."

Best answer to people who has sold their mind to lucify, coming to this forum to vomit the words planted by lucify in their minds.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by badassnigga(m): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
gullible sheep. lipsrsealed
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by yuzedo: 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life: My own understanding of the Bible, GOD NEVER CREATED EVIL. Yall should get it straight.
obadiah777: ISAIAH 45 VS 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
manny4life: Your interpretation is awesome, GO BACK AND READ YOUR SAME CHAPTER, then rephrase your question. Our GOD DID NOT CREATE EVIL, Bible said he created all things in six days and rested on the seventh day. Evil came into this world from Lucifer after he was cast down, however, GOD is only speaking about his supremacy over evil. He created the Heavens and the Earth where Evil resides, so he controls it all.

Well if God created ALL things (including Lucifer) and he is omniscient and all-knowing, then He knew Lucifer would rebel and bring evil, no? So what was His plan? Or He didn't "give a damn", just wanted to be worshiped at all cost?
Face it Manny bro, you got owned there.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by damosky12(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
gfay:

Nice one bro..
In addition to answer this

Jesus didnt cry out because of the pain, it was because he saw God look the other way @ the magnitude of the sin placed on him.. he cried " Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachtani" Interpreted "My God, My God, Why has thou forsaken me" - God couldn't behold his son with the sins of this world placed on his shoulder

thank you sir, we hope their eyes are opened that they might see and be saved so that they will know (ginosko) the these things and stop wallowing in darkness.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: DONT DODGE THE QUESTION. YOU JUST MADE A STATEMENT ABOUT LUCIFER SO YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT ? WHO IS LUCIFER ?

Lol, if you where a Christian looking for answers, I would have answered you, but seeing how much you've blasphemed against GOD, let me reiterate, Bible says "foolish questions do not answers". Go and bring your Bible quote again, like you always do.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
musKeeto: The real sacrifice was not in his death... But the shame.. a god becoming a man and subjecting himself to the torments that exist in this evil world..

At least, that's what the apologetics would have us believe....

Lol.. You believe someone who could walk on water, raise the dead, heal the sick.. Got killed by 3 nails... Lmao... Even 50 cent survived 9 bullets..
your name suits you,you are indeed a mosquito that has nothing good to vomit but sickness(virus),if u have got nothing good to say about JESUS CHRIST then shut that stinking thing you calls mouth. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew BIGGEST FOOL
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by dokunbam(m): 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
Father forgive them for they know not what they do
The ways of the Lord is not our ways
My people perish because they lack knowledge
There is more in the realm of the spirit than what our minds can comprehend

well... My own sha oo

He who has ear let him hear what the spirit is saying

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by okoye653(m): 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
ninja4life: Pls my fellow christians help an ignorant brother with dis question :wat is d difference btw God and satan cos dey seem related and interchangeable.lol tanks
if he can't see it it's his biz
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Your interpretation is awesome, GO BACK AND READ YOUR SAME CHAPTER, then rephrase your question. Our GOD DID NOT CREATE EVIL, Bible said he created all things in six days and rested on the seventh day. Evil came into this world from Lucifer after he was cast down, however, GOD is only speaking about his supremacy over evil. He created the Heavens and the Earth where Evil resides, so he controls it all.
sometimes I wonder to myself why most christians are so dumb, he did'nt create evil, but he created lucifer, and evil came from lucifer, so who does everything point back to?

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, if you where a Christian looking for answers, I would have answered you, but seeing how much you've blasphemed against GOD, let me reiterate, Bible says "foolish questions do not answers". Go and bring your Bible quote again, like you always do.
YEAH JUST LIKE I THOUGHT. EMPTY BARRELS MAKE THE MOST <<< ILL LET YOU FINISH THE REST
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by 4tunebest(f): 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
**Singing**
That wonderful name, Jesus, that wonderful name, Jesus, that wonderful name, Jesus, there is no other name I know smiley

6 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: sometimes I wonder to myself why most christians are so dumb, he did'nt create evil, but he created lucifer, and evil came from lucifer, so who does everything point back to?

Lol, I guess we should put all our problems on Lord Lugard who Amalgamated Nigeria going by your definition...You guys are PATHETIC. God created the world, give humans power over it, yet, you blame God for everything, smh @stupidity.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: YEAH JUST LIKE I THOUGHT. EMPTY BARRELS MAKE THE MOST <<< ILL LET YOU FINISH THE REST

Shey you don't have any quote aagin grin grin

Btw, be cautious on how you insult me, Christian or not, I will return fire for fire.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
991:

the biblical god was enil while satan was enki. thats their only different, they were both alien scientists from planet nibiru. according to the sumerien mythology from where the bible was extracted and rewritten by emperor Constantine, king james and co.
*faints and falls into gutter!* angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by yokiti: 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
Your answer is in the book of 1 Corinthians 1 vs 18.
It reads thus:
For the preaching of the cross to THEM that perish is foolishness but to US that are save its the power of God.
In life, we all have choices to make. Good luck on the path you have decided to follow.
I pray it will not be TOO late before you all realise that your path leads to eternal damnation.
God is still in the business of saving life as He did to apostle Paul; accept him as your Lord and personal saviour today after acknowledging that you are a sinner and you will never regret this decision.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Marineetyon(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.
You'l meet Jesus some day... My prayers for you is that may you meet Jesus when His mercy for mankind yet availeth... else you'l of all men most miserable.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by benswagtt(m): 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.
God o! Hu b dis sharf wey dey open thread! May God 4give ur stupid mouth. Idiot!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
yuzedo:

Well if God created ALL things (including Lucifer) and he is omniscient and all-knowing, then He knew Lucifer would rebel and bring evil, no? So what was His plan? Or He didn't "give a damn", just wanted to be worshiped at all cost?
Face it Manny bro, you got owned there.
LUCIFER IS A TITLE. IT MEANS 'LIGHT BEARER'. WHAT THAT MEANS IS THAT WHOMEVER THE WHOLE WORLD LOOKS UP TO IS LUCIFER. THE PERSON OR EMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD IS LUCIFER. NOW IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS CHAPTER 22, IT TELLS YOU WHEN CHRIST RETURNS AND TAKES CONTROL OF THE WORLD, HE WOULD BE LUCIFER. AND WITH THAT SAID, THE BOOK OF ISAIAH CHAPTER 14 IF YOU READ IT FROM CHAPTER 1 ON DOWN TO THE POINT WHERE LUCIFER IS MENTIONED, YOU WILL KNOW LUCIFER IS REFERING TO THE EMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD THEN. BABYLON. THE KING OF BABYLON. LUCIFER TODAY IS AMERICA UNDER OBAMA. THATS WHAT LUCIFER IS. A TITLE OF THE WORLD CONTROLLER.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Delafruita(m): 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
mitchyy: For those who don't know, Jesus sacrificed his human life. Yes, his perfect body was tortured and killed. But he was resurrected, remember not as a human anymore but as a heavenly creature. The word sacrifice should make you understand that its something you lose, something that is gone. Jesus perfect human body is gone because of the love he had for us! Yes! And i thank him everybody for that because if dey ask una to do the same thing una go run!
i find it amazing that the same people that doggedly defend this fable will be the first to say peter pan is childish or enid blyton wrote fiction
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by donsax: 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
The spirit of anti christ must have invade the poster, to miss guide people, weak their spiritual life.
@ poster must you die and find yourself in hell before you believe Jesus is the lord?
What sadden me most is that the useless poster may be saved by confessing Jesus as his savior in his last hour, while some readers who would be miss guided by this end up in hell.
Be Wise and stick to your faith, we are in the last hour!! don't let any deceive you or weaken your faith, you may be dying tomorrow.....devil don't want you to make heaven that is why he invaded the poster to post this...it may be just for the sake of one person.
Jesus is lord!!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Celebrate 21st Wedding Anniversary / Rape Allegation: Fatoyinbo’s Grilling By Police Enters Day Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.