Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (23860 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by divex(f): 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
MY EYES SHALL SEE NO EVIL. JUST PASSING

4 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You have already indicated which side you are on, So how do you expect people to give you answers without bias?

I was about to quote that now when I saw yours,

He has already made up his mind yet asking questions, like I often say and will continue to say,

2 Timothy 2:23 "Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels."

14 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by john6006: 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
ONLY A FOOL WILL SAY THERE IS NO GOD:::::::::::Psalm 14:1

5 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

I was about to quote that now when I saw yours,

He has already made up his mind yet asking questions, like I often say and will continue to say,

2 Timothy 2:23 "Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels."

I am right with you, Bro!
I appreciate people asking innocent question and i am sure noble people will be willing to respond, but not argue for the fun of wasting space.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: so how do we know the instances where killed means making some one irrelevant in the bible? Give us examples.
REVELATION 6 VS 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. <<< SO WE ARE IN THE ERA OF THE GENTILES. THE DOCTRINES OF THE GENTILES IS FLOURISHING. DOCTRINES LIKE CAPITALISM, DEMOCRACY, FEMINISM, BUDDHISM, HOMO-SE-XUALITY ETC ETC. SO WHAT THAT VERSE MEANS IS THAT ANYONE WHO COMES INTO CHRIST WILL BE IN THE MINOR LEAGUES BECAUSE THE MAJOR LEAGUES IS DEMOCRACY, CAPITALISM, ETC ETC. SO THAT MEANS YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED. YOU ARE NOT RELEVANT. SO IT SAYS UNTIL X AMOUNT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED WOULD I RETURN. MEANING UNTIL X AMOUNT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO ME IN THE ERA OF THE GENTILES.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
yes it is, we were God's enemy al along b4 He died, and by His death, we are now God's children. If it wasnt a big deal, try dieing for your enemies.

3 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by dulphines: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.

Please, to start with it is Jesus not jesus. If you are not a Christain or have belief in Christainity, why don't you keep mute rather than write all these and incure the wrath of God. May God forgive you your sins, wash away your inequities and bring you to life everlasting through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen.

7 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

My own understanding of the Bible, GOD NEVER CREATED EVIL. Yall should get it straight.
well in the bible, Isaiah 45 v 7, the biblical God is heard saying that he created evil, read it up and see for urself,

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adaxme(m): 2:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
you muslims are totally ignorant ,you started this thread to mock christians ,well you say what you want to but d truth still remains chrstianity is the truth and you mad about that,;and not its too late become a follower of jesus christ

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by mitchyy(f): 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
For those who don't know, Jesus sacrificed his human life. Yes, his perfect body was tortured and killed. But he was resurrected, remember not as a human anymore but as a heavenly creature. The word sacrifice should make you understand that its something you lose, something that is gone. Jesus perfect human body is gone because of the love he had for us! Yes! And i thank him everybody for that because if dey ask una to do the same thing una go run!

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by HyperBase(m): 2:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
The person who posted this lead against christianty is either a witch or a wizard. If you dont believe in the Christian faith, look elsewhere and dont come here to talk nonsense. You will see yourself in hell fire fool.

3 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

My own understanding of the Bible, GOD NEVER CREATED EVIL. Yall should get it straight.
ISAIAH 45 VS 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

3 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
Yes..it is dat big a deal. Not many pple would surrender and humble themselves to be nailed to a cross, and die to save the souls of a billion people.

3 Likes

mitchyy: For those who don't know, Jesus sacrificed his human life. Yes, his perfect body was tortured and killed. But he was resurrected, remember not as a human anymore but as a heavenly creature. The word sacrifice should make you understand that its something you lose, something that is gone. Jesus perfect human body is gone because of the love he had for us! Yes! And i thank him everybody for that because if dey ask una to do the same thing una go run!

So what exactly did Jesus lose?

Pls tell us, he came from heaven, got his life back and a seat beside his papa Yahweh...

Biggest scam ever if you ask me..

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
ninja4life: Pls my fellow christians help an ignorant brother with dis question :wat is d difference btw God and satan cos dey seem related and interchangeable.lol tanks

the biblical god was enil while satan was enki. thats their only different, they were both alien scientists from planet nibiru. according to the sumerien mythology from where the bible was extracted and rewritten by emperor Constantine, king james and co.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adaxme(m): 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
and pls stop comparing jesus christ and some slaves , jesus is the son of the almighty God ,totally sinless as perfect,the slaves where ordinary humans

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
booqee: Yes..it is dat big a deal. Not many pple would surrender and humble themselves to be nailed to a cross, and die to save the souls of a billion people.
Lol.. You believe someone who could walk on water, raise the dead, heal the sick.. Got killed by 3 nails... Lmao... Even 50 cent survived 9 bullets..

5 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: well in the bible, Isaiah 45 v 7, the biblical God is heard saying that he created evil, read it up and see for urself,

Your interpretation is awesome, GO BACK AND READ YOUR SAME CHAPTER, then rephrase your question. Our GOD DID NOT CREATE EVIL, Bible said he created all things in six days and rested on the seventh day. Evil came into this world from Lucifer after he was cast down, however, GOD is only speaking about his supremacy over evil. He created the Heavens and the Earth where Evil resides, so he controls it all.

3 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by damosky12(m): 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
Am not surprised. In them is 2CORINTHIANS 4:4 fulfilled- "whom the god of this world hath blinded their minds lest, the light of the glorious gospel of Christ should shine before them". TEACH THEM NO MORE! They cant see it!!

4 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
THIS THREAD IS FILLED WITH A BUNCH OF HARDENED, BLIND, UNTEACHABLE. PHARISAICAL PRIDE. UNFOLLOWING THIS THREAD. "they thought they were wise but they were fools"

3 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: ISAIAH 45 VS 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

If you like, TWIST and TURN IT, GOD NEVER CREATED EVIL. Evil has long manifested when Lucifer was cast down with his demonic/fallen angels, however, since God created ALL HEAVENS and Earth and therein lies the evil, so GOD has dominion, control, over them.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by bolaino(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
dulphines:

Please, to start with it is Jesus not jesus. If you are not a Christain or have belief in Christainity, why don't you keep mute rather than write all these are incure the wrath of God. May God forgive you your sins, wash away your inequities and bring you to life everlasting through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen.
u people with talk about the wrath of God and dis and dat, why has'nt the wrath of God fallen on all the evil leaders in this country who are making christian Nigerians go tru hell, or why has'nt the wrath of God fallen on the many voodoo pastors who perform miracles in the name of ur God, he should take care of the meSsed up situations he created before visiting his wrath on me, lol

3 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by gfay: 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
damosky12:

look friend. Jesus was not a man, He was 'God Himself' who came in form of a man(John 1:1), He carried the life spirit of God because He was born of that spirit and not a man's spermatozua; that is why He was called Emmanuel meaning God (himself) with us (in form of man). He wasnt born of any man (remember it was the the the prencense of God who over shadowed a holy virgin to bear Him), so he was not a normal being neither was he a sinner genetically because he wasnt born by a man's sperm remember, man is a sinner by nature of Adam. Jesus was not a product of Adam!! HE WAS HOLY IN NATURE AND IN DEED. HE NEVER SINNED AND WAS'NT BORN A SINNER LIKE ALL MEN!! The reason why the sacrifice is esteemed is because of.

1)God's love for man for Jesus to die in the place of sinfull sinners when He himself never sinned. (1Corinth 5:21)

2)He himself was the creator of men. Bible says "...and without Him was not anything made that was made"-JOHN 1:3. He was the one who could die to bear the sins of all men because he made them and remember He could have chosen not to die and kill all men, creating a new set of Men. He chose not "for God SO LOVED the world" this world.

3) A man who hated sin was made to carry it in bulk upon himself, that was why He was praying to God. He wasnt afraid of the death but never wanted to be a sinner for once because He had to carry the sins of the whole world (alive, dead and unborn) upon himself even though He never sinned!

Nice one bro..
In addition to answer this

bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.

Jesus didnt cry out because of the pain, it was because he saw God look the other way @ the magnitude of the sin placed on him.. he cried " Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachtani" Interpreted "My God, My God, Why has thou forsaken me" - God couldn't behold his son with the sins of this world placed on his shoulder

4 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by yuzedo: 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
musKeeto: The real sacrifice was not in his death... But the shame.. a god becoming a man and subjecting himself to the torments that exist in this evil world..

At least, that's what the apologetics would have us believe....

Lol.. You believe someone who could walk on water, raise the dead, heal the sick.. Got killed by 3 nails... Lmao... Even 50 cent survived 9 bullets..
Man, GTFOH! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by uglybetty: 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
Jesus is the saviour of the world ,by which withouthim no man can see God. He shed his blood so that you and I can be saved.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

If you like, TWIST and TURN IT, GOD NEVER CREATED EVIL. Evil has long manifested when Lucifer was cast down with his demonic/fallen angels, however, since God created ALL HEAVENS and Earth and therein lies the evil, so GOD has dominion, control, over them.
YOU SOUND CRAZY.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: u people with talk about the wrath of God and dis and dat, why has'nt the wrath of God fallen on all the evil leaders in this country who are making christian Nigerians go tru hell, or why has'nt the wrath of God fallen on the many voodoo pastors who perform miracles in the name of ur God, he should take care of the meSsed up situations he created before visiting his wrath on me, lol

Because God his ways are not our ways and neither his thoughts are our thought. The way God deals with Mr. A is totally different from how he deals with several thousands of people, it doesn't mean they are not dealt with, nonetheless, God said he's also a LOVING GOD.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by tevinsolt: 2:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
i'd like to see you take 39 strokes of long blade coated whip for billion dollars
after that carry ur cross while being spitted on and being cursed at
i'd like to see 9 inches nails driven into your bones; both metacarpals and your fibula and tibia
then left to balance on that for 6 hours
i'd like to see thorn placed on your head as a mockery, while your life slowly leaves your body
and also jabbed with a spear right at latissimus dorsi such that it reaches ur gut to confirm if your dead or not for a billion dollars.
i'd like to see Government take taxes on the money.

5 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 2:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: YOU SOUND CRAZY.

I sound crazy right, because the explanation did not suit you... Continue your blasphemy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Celebrate 21st Wedding Anniversary / Rape Allegation: Fatoyinbo’s Grilling By Police Enters Day Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.