Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness (1764 Views)

Why Condom does not guaranty HIV prevention. / Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by dederocs(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
My dear beautiful African Nigerian women-live your life to the full.
Never be pressured into marriage or into marrying who you do not like or love.
Feel free to use that man to step up,you are not obligated to get married to him.
Remember at 30 you are fresh,explore yourself,set up a business or find a new hobby
At 40,if you have a kid,spend your time nursing the kid-forget about the talk about a kid with no father-dis and dat.most kids are ending up in broken homes and worse off.most kids go through the torture of watching their parents enact world war3 everyday...build your investments and get a good calm lover to satisfy your emotional cravings.
At 50 live life to the full,take trips and experience the world.
Never settle for less.A man and a woman are same to me,you have the power.live your life.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
FrontPage please.

African people think the pathway to happiness is marriage.

For many the pathway to unhappiness is marriage!!!
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by tpia5: 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
My own advice is trust in the lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

If something has not materialized yet, then it is not God's time for it.

The bible says the blessing of the lord does not come with sorrow.

At the appointed time, you will know when God is working.

Dont let anybody push you into doing what you know you're not supposed to do. A bad situation is not likely to be improved by making it worse.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by tpia5: 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
Op

Your third line is in error.

Thats bad advice, if i'm reading you correctly.

The rest of your write up, could still be considered ok depending on the context ( or maybe not, especially with all that lover stuff)

But that third line e get as e be.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by dederocs(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
rokiatu: FrontPage please.

African people think the pathway to happiness is marriage.

For many the pathway to unhappiness is marriage!!!
some marriages are living hell,most couples would confess they enjoy the courtship more.
If the marriage will not be bliss,no need to be in there.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by dederocs(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
tpia@:
Op

Your third line is in error.

Thats bad advice, if i'm reading you correctly.

The rest of your write up, could still be considered ok depending on the context ( or maybe not, especially with all that lover stuff)

But that third line e get as e be.
It is fair exchange man,the man would be getting a lot of gratification to be with a woman-so the woman has a right to benefits if the man is willing.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nothing guarantees happiness. Being un-married doesn't guarantee happiness either. It's even worse to remain unmarried cos as human beings, we have an innate desire for companionship. And when I say companionship, I don't mean randy sex affairs, having "a cool calm lover to satisfy emotional cravings". Companionship is way above that league.

Marriage was instituted by an all knowing creator. No one knows the value of marriage more than him. Asking people to remain unmarried because of blah blah blah unhappiness is pure crap. No one is perfect, no marriage is perfect, but there are rules and guidelines you must follow and stick to, to have a happy married life. Disagreements will surely come, but the ability of a married couple to resolve their differences before it graduates to "world war III" is all it takes. Marriage is a union of 2 people ready to forgive freely.

It is the mental irresponsible attitude of the majority that makes everyone choose the easy way out. No one wants to work for a happy relationship. They want it to happen magically, like in the movies, or they decide to wait for fate. That this popular mental disposition is what is guiding the majority doesn't make it right.

Happiness doesn't occur randomly in nature. You must work for your happiness. If you fail to attain it, don't talk down on others who have found theirs through marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by dederocs(m): 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
sexkillz: Nothing guarantees happiness. Being un-married doesn't guarantee happiness either. It's even worse to remain unmarried cos as human beings, we have an innate desire for companionship. And when I say companionship, I don't mean randy sex affairs, having "a cool calm lover to satisfy emotional cravings". Companionship is way above that league.

Marriage was instituted by an all knowing creator. No one knows the value of marriage more than him. Asking people to remain unmarried because of blah blah blah unhappiness is pure crap. No one is perfect, no marriage is perfect, but there are rules and guidelines you must follow and stick to, to have a happy married life. Disagreements will surely come, but the ability of a married couple to resolve their differences before it graduates to "world war III" is all it takes. Marriage is a union of 2 people ready to forgive freely.

It is the mental irresponsible attitude of the majority that makes everyone choose the easy way out. No one wants to work for a happy relationship. They want it to happen magically, like in the movies, or they decide to wait for fate. That this popular mental disposition is what is guiding the majority doesn't make it right.

Happiness doesn't occur randomly in nature. You must work for your happiness. If you fail to attain it, don't talk down on others who have found theirs through marriage.

my guy so many things that God instituted today we are not keeping up with.
God says "love your Neighbour as yourselves"
do you do that?
God says "thou shalt not commit fornication"
don't you do that?
God says we should not lie-today everyone is a liar and hypocrisy is now a norm.please spare me that line about what God commands-we all know that.
A cool calm lover aint a randy sex mate,when i say lover i don't mean a senseless he goat,neither do i mean all he will do is to fu-ck the lady.
please try to look from both perspectives.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
dederocs:
my guy so many things that God instituted today we are not keeping up with.
God says "love your Neighbour as yourselves"
do you do that?
God says "thou shalt not commit fornication"
don't you do that?
God says we should not lie-today everyone is a liar and hypocrisy is now a norm.please spare me that line about what God commands-we all know that.
A cool calm lover aint a randy sex mate,when i say lover i don't mean a senseless he goat,neither do i mean all he will do is to fu-ck the lady.
please try to look from both perspectives.
These comparisons don't count. We are talking about marriage and happiness, how about you stick to that?

If you are not keeping up with God's commands, don't think everyone else doesn't. Learn to speak for yourself.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by ATMC(f): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
sexkillz: Nothing guarantees happiness. Being un-married doesn't guarantee happiness either. It's even worse to remain unmarried cos as human beings, we have an innate desire for companionship. And when I say companionship, I don't mean randy sex affairs, having "a cool calm lover to satisfy emotional cravings". Companionship is way above that league.

*coughs* kilimanjaro!
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
Sexkills, u are alwyz on point with ur matured views of life.

Seriously, u really deserve being a moderator.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by dederocs(m): 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
sexkillz: These comparisons don't count. We are talking about marriage and happiness, how about you stick to that?

If you are not keeping up with God's commands, don't think everyone else doesn't. Learn to speak for yourself.

Take a chill pill bro...you are looking at an ideal situation when reality that stares in our faces shows more unhappy married couples than married ones.
60% of Nigerians are hypocrites-even most pastors and elites are.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
dederocs:
Take a chill pill bro...you are looking at an ideal situation when reality that stares in our faces shows more unhappy married couples than married ones.
60% of Nigerians are hypocrites-even most pastors and elites are.
So, should you make yourself one, because they are?
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by dederocs(m): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
sexkillz: So, should you make yourself one, because they are?
This is not about me or you-it is about
"what is"...so many marriages today are failing due to infidelity,lack of understanding/cohesion,too much pride etc

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
dederocs:
This is not about me or you-it is about
"what is"...so many marriages today are failing due to infidelity,lack of understanding/cohesion,too much pride etc
"marriage" is not the reason for all that. Are you blaming marriage for infidelity, lack of understanding and what not.

The people with such "traits" getting married are the ones perpetuating the acts. So blame "them" and don't blame "marriage".

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
Op, you got a point, but it will take a lot to get this attitudinal change her.

With our culture, which, encourages marriage against all odds, embracing this idea is a long haul.

But I feel as the reality dawns, the more this truth will hit home that Marriage does not guarantee happiness.

But I love this institution called marriage, I will give anything to be in it and will make any necessary sacrifice to make it work.

Marriage is not a walk in the park, if you are not ready to gice your all to make it work, if you wanna do it to please traditions, they you might as well stay away.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
OP: tell us wot u dnt knw!
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
Marriage is a ritual not a state of mind. True happiness is what you create within yourself. No one else is responsible for another individual's happiness. Marriage between 2 people who genuinely like each other, love each other and respect each other however can enrich happiness.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by GraceBestowed(f): 9:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
This is one of the most reasonable post I've read this week!

Marriage is not a do or die issue, I will continue to say that, and if you wait for the right time, it will happen. I fully endorse the institution of marriage, as God intended, but it becomes an issue when people jump into it for the wrong reasons!

Please, don't get married, because;

- Your parents, or family, are putting you under pressure
- You feel 'stigmatised'
- Your 'mates' are all married
- You feel like you're getting too old

Entering a happy marriage at 30 is better than entering an unhappy union at 25.

God will give us wisdom!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by tpia5: 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
^ what, in your opinion, are the right reasons for getting married?

most of you continue to churn out "wrong reasons" ( which, to you, is any reason put forward by relatives, society or well meaning married friends).

kindly give us your right reasons for marriage, thanks.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by GraceBestowed(f): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
tpia@:
^ what, in your opinion, are the right reasons for getting married?

most of you continue to churn out "wrong reasons" ( which, to you, is any reason put forward by relatives, society or well meaning married friends).

kindly give us your right reasons for marriage, thanks.

Many people look for happiness in all the wrong places; as long as someone, anyone, seeks completion in marriage, it's flawed from the beginning.

There should be only one reason a person gets married, and that is because of love, not obligation! How can a girl enter marriage with a man she's not, particularly, fond of, because she 'can't believe she's still single at 26'.

I've heard of instances where love came afterwards; in all honesty, after God, my happiness is paramount!
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by tpia5: 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
as long as someone, anyone, seeks completion in marriage, it's flawed from the beginning.

how so?

There should be only one reason a person gets married, and that is because of love

love by itself alone does not sustain a marriage.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by GraceBestowed(f): 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
tpia@:

how so?

love by itself alone does not sustain a marriage.

LOL, you messed with my 'settings'

A person has to be secure to get married, for example;

- someone who's looking for a (wo)man to pay his/her way is not secure financially; this shouldn't be a reason to get married.
- someone who's looking for a (wo)man, any (wo)man, because (s)he feels lonely, is not emotionally secure; this shouldn't be a reason to get married.
- someone who's looking for a (wo)man, because they want to 'keep up with the Jonses' is not socially secure; this, again, is not a reason to get married.

I believe I've explained this understandably.

Love is the conquering criteria for marriage. No matter how much I respect someone, I can never marry them if I don't have that kind of love for them. When you, genuinely, love someone, you're able to work through their flaws, and gain a better understanding of who they are. This understanding breeds a marriage that works!

Love covers a multitude of sins!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by tpia5: 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
ok, now I'm following your "reasons", i see where you're coming from, in a way, even if i dont fully agree with your post as explained. But that's ok, its not everything that needs to be argued over, sometimes things arent black and white.

Love is the conquering criteria for marriage. No matter how much I respect someone, I can never marry them. When you, genuinely, love someone, you're able to work through their flaws.

say you have a scenario where you love someone but cannot respect them, how do you think that will work out?
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by nairaman66(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=GraceBestowed]

LOL, you messed with my 'settings'

A person has to be secure to get married, for example;

- someone who's looking for a (wo)man to pay his/her way is not secure financially; this shouldn't be a reason to get married.
- someone who's looking for a (wo)man, any (wo)man, because (s)he feels lonely, is not emotionally secure; this shouldn't be a reason to get married.
- someone who's looking for a (wo)man, because they want to 'keep up with the Jonses' is not socially secure; this, again, is not a reason to get married.

I believe I've explained this understandably.

Love is the conquering criteria for marriage. No matter how much I respect someone, I can never marry them if I don't have that kind of love for them. When you, genuinely, love someone, you're able to work through their flaws, and gain a better understanding of who they are. This understanding breeds a marriage that works!

Love covers a multitude of sins!
[

Terrific!! Another definition of Love- I gbadu this ur definition die.. Keep up the good work, you always hit the nail on the head!
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by GraceBestowed(f): 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
tpia@:
ok, now I'm following your "reasons", i see where you're coming from, in a way, even if i dont fully agree with your post as explained. But that's ok, its not everything that needs to be argued over, sometimes things arent black and white.

say you have a scenario where you love someone but cannot respect them, how do you think that will work out?

I personally accord due respect to everyone. There have been instances where I've lost the trust I've had in people, but not treated them with disdain.

I'm really the wrong person to ask that, because I've learned to treat people with respect, even if they don't deserve it.

Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by GraceBestowed(f): 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nairaman66, thanks a lot. :-)
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by obo389(m): 1:18am On Apr 23, 2013
Pls i wnt2ask a questn;
Hw abt ladies who re fond of ideologies lik;
‘i knw i dnt luv him nw bt whn i gt married&muv in wit him,d luv wil bgin2develop wch wil mke me2luv him‘
Wht do u guys mke of dis statmnt&ideology usualy perpetuated by ladies thse days?
Tnx
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by tpia5: 3:25am On Apr 23, 2013
GraceBestowed:

I personally accord due respect to everyone. There have been instances where I've lost the trust I've had in people, but not treated them with disdain.

I'm really the wrong person to ask that, because I've learned to treat people with respect, even if they don't deserve it.

your response might be for a different thread, however, its quite understood.

some people know how to respect others, others dont. I think that's basically what such stuff boils down to.

someone who does not have a mindset that values respect, will not bother giving it to others, since it ranks low on their totem pole. Such people will have other things they consider more important than respect.

For those to whom respect is high in value, its not something they randomly turn on and off like a switch, as they "update" or "relegate" information about people who they interact with.

anyway, as per the topic under discussion, when someone loves a person but does not respect them, it will make for more difficulties in the relationship.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by dederocs(m): 7:20am On Apr 23, 2013
val_dee: Op, you got a point, but it will take a lot to get this attitudinal change her.

With our culture, which, encourages marriage against all odds, embracing this idea is a long haul.

But I feel as the reality dawns, the more this truth will hit home that Marriage does not guarantee happiness.

But I love this institution called marriage, I will give anything to be in it and will make any necessary sacrifice to make it work.

Marriage is not a walk in the park, if you are not ready to gice your all to make it work, if you wanna do it to please traditions, they you might as well stay away.
Always better to please yourself than please traditions.
Traditions don't care what you are going thru.
Wake up,life is all about U first.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by dederocs(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2013
GraceBestowed: This is one of the most reasonable post I've read this week!

Marriage is not a do or die issue, I will continue to say that, and if you wait for the right time, it will happen. I fully endorse the institution of marriage, as God intended, but it becomes an issue when people jump into it for the wrong reasons!

Please, don't get married, because;

- Your parents, or family, are putting you under pressure
- You feel 'stigmatised'
- Your 'mates' are all married
- You feel like you're getting too old

Entering a happy marriage at 30 is better than entering an unhappy union at 25.

God will give us wisdom!
Thanks for buttressing my point.am not saying marriage is bad.am only saying ladies should not allow themselves to be cajoled into marriage due to pressures from family and friends.
Re: Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 23, 2013
dederocs:
Always better to please yourself than please traditions.
Traditions don't care what you are going thru.
Wake up,life is all about U first.

Huh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Have Sex With Your Ex While Waiting For Your Next ? / Need An Advice Urgently / Guyz Y Du U Lyk Grabbn Ur Gf Bottom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.