Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! (9274 Views)

What's Your Worst Cooking/kitchen Chore? / What's Your Worst Cooking Chore?? / What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by mohawkchic(f): 1:34am On May 10, 2008
~No Worries seanT21 wink Thanks!!

~I wasnt even aware there was more than one choice of toporgee,Am quite sure its the bitter ball,the green looking one!! It wud prolly have been too complex for my moderate cooking anyways,i was willing to experiment thu tongue
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by obailala(m): 11:09am On May 10, 2008
I asked my brother to put the ingredients i had already prepared into the stew i was cooking,, I didnt know he also added salt (cos i didnt ask him to), I came back and unknowingly added another round of salt,, the effect was sooo bad, we had to prepare another equal sized pot of stew without salt to balance the equation, , it wasnt still ok,,, We had to empty the whole 2 pots of stew in the bush (to conceal the disaster) and start afresh.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by eJoel(m): 6:47pm On May 10, 2008
men!!! MY WORST COOKING XP, WAS WHEN I MISTOOK ARIEL IN A CUP FOR SALT (CUZ IT WAS IN SIMILAR CONTAINER)IN A POT OF RICE,  U DONT WANT 2 KNO WHAT HAPPENED NEXT,  DONT ASK HOW IT TASTED CUZ I DIDNT DARE TASTE IT WHEN I CAME BAC 2 D KITCHEN I TUT D RICE HAD A BUBBLE BATH

1 Like

Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by UARESTUPID: 2:28am On May 12, 2008
@ EJOEL, OH MY GOD!.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by jaywee(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2008
this is really some funny stuff, well i've had a couple of cooking bluffs, but the most recent was when i came home really tired and hungry, put some rice on the cooker, and went to relax. I woke up the following morning and, well, i'll leave the rest to ur imagination.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by ocho(f): 3:25pm On May 13, 2008
[
eJoel:

men!!! MY WORST COOKING XP, WAS WHEN I MISTOOK ARIEL IN A CUP FOR SALT (CUZ IT WAS IN SIMILAR CONTAINER)IN A POT OF RICE, You DONT WANT 2 KNO WHAT HAPPENED NEXT, DONT ASK HOW IT TASTED CUZ I DIDNT DARE TASTE IT WHEN I CAME BAC 2 D KITCHEN I TUT D RICE HAD A BUBBLE BATH
This is by far the funniest disaster ever, holy smokes! I'm still laughing.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by expressor(m): 4:07pm On May 14, 2008
though i am not into the cooking thing,mine was made when i wanted to make moi-moi. i grounded the beans with tomato and it took like forever to even look like what could be consumed.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by elizabetta(f): 2:44pm On May 15, 2008
I was cooking fried rice for my aunt on her birthday and forgot to add curry,i felt like killing myself.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by dragnet: 3:46pm On May 15, 2008
expressor, grinding the beans with tomato isnt a problem. . . .where I think the problem lies is this;. . . .too much water was added to the beans while grinding without considering the tomatoes used., which also would've added some of its juice too
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by chikibaybi(f): 10:20pm On May 17, 2008
mine was not even food, it was tea. i accidentally put salt in a cup of tea for my mum's doctor
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by docece(f): 10:22pm On May 18, 2008
well,
i cooked white rice and prepared this very wonderful stew with turkey for dinner.
well my dad has this craze 4 vegetables, so i sliced up the vegetable with a bit of bitterleaf on the tray [ of cos by mistake] and d stew tured out funny tasting. until i realised my mistake but it was too late to dash of 2 d market, so we had to make do with a hurriedly prepared tin-tomatoes stew.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by chessguru(m): 3:58am On Oct 02, 2008
A CUP OF RICE, A CUP OF WATER AND, A CUP OF SALT!!
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SeanT21(f): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2009
chessguru:

A CUP OF RICE, A CUP OF WATER AND, A CUP OF SALT!!

Damn,That food must have been salty!!
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by nikinash(f): 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2009
Gosh, This is the funniest post to me on this thread!

Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever!
« #39 on: April 14, 2008, 03:22 AM »
I once attempted making homemade pizza from scratch several years ago.
I didn't know whether to spread butter on it and call it a giant cabin biscuit or to keep it under my pillow as a weapon to ward of intruders.

The thing was hard like olumo rock
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by ankeade: 4:20pm On Apr 26, 2009
wowwwww
my worst cooking mistake ever was when I was asked to prepare Amala.
I did not allow the water to boil.
grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by lalaboi(m): 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2009
1. , . .adding salt in cornflakes instead of sugar. . .apparently they had similar containers sad

2. . . .This was by my brother. . . . .cooked indomie like he was cooking rice, . . . The whole ting turned white mud! lol
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by lalaboi(m): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2009
one other one. . . .when i was little. . . , mum told me to make some tea for her. . . .am used to making milo and co but mum wanted a tea bag. . . . instead of dropping the tea bag in the hot water, . . i tore the tea bag and poured its content. . . . added sugar and milk. . .then handed it over to mum lol. . . .Nor be my fault na. . . . tongue
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SeanT21(f): 7:46pm On Apr 27, 2009
lalaboi:

one other one. . . .when i was little. . . , mum told me to make some tea for her. . . .am used to making milo and co but mum wanted a tea bag. . . . instead of dropping the tea bag in the hot water, . . i tore the tea bag and poured its content. . . . added sugar and milk. . .then handed it over to mum lol. . . .Nor be my fault na. . . . tongue

eeeeeeew.

I can only imagine the expression on her face.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Dolaapo(f): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2010
The first time that i cooked moi-moi; i peeled, cleaned the beans, added the ingredients and spices, poured into foil pouches, the disaster: i baked instead of steam. My dad kept saying that i should steam the moi-moi instead of baking, i was stubborn saying, its baking because of the aluminum pouch. The outcome was a very hard moi-moi.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SteLette(f): 6:24am On Sep 25, 2010
I was cooking some stew and rice for my ex's sister and their cousin whom i'd just known about 2 months for the first time. I am a pepper freak and like loads of it in my cooking, I mean loads. Right, from the blending of the pepper/tomatoes to pouring it into the pot and the stew getting ready; they couldnt stop coughing and laughing. It was sooo hot and in the air, they were coming into the kitchen and asking if I was alright but they couldnt stop coughing with tears rolling down their faces. I ,too was coughing but of course, u have to stand by ur work, so I stuck in the kitchen. it was soo embarrasing. I felt like they thought I couldnt cook. Anyway, served up, but they could barely eat, twas too hot for them.

Before the breakup, the sister got used to my cooking sha, but whenever I was cooking something she would eat, I'd reduce the pepper quantity,
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Julietjay(f): 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2010
my worst mistake ever was the first tyme i peeled yam rubbed my body twas so bad i had to scratch from head to toe
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by cathrinne: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2010
Oh ! really there is a huge mistake ever by me to mix salt in vegetable s or salad . I always regret for it whenever hosting at home . I will remember it next time and hope I will not re peat it ever.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by keeysha: 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2010
mine was when i mistakenly used engine oil 2 fry chicken for my brother on his birthday! funny thing is that i even fried a second set. got into alot of trouble with my mum. thinkn bout it now is just hilarious grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Dblank(f): 12:55am On Oct 29, 2010
Mine was that while i was cooking EFO RIRO i was talking on the phone with my friend,and i totally forgot i had already added salt to the stew of the efo riro,only for me to add MORE to the already salted stew,I was so happy and couldnt wait for my then boifriend now my hubby to taste it.Hve never been so embarassed before.He couldnt eat it.I felt terrible bad.I kuku ate it myself as i didnt want it ti waste now,Abi wetin i for do.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by lucabrasi(m): 5:27am On May 25, 2011
mistakenly putting sugar in stew lol
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by chocome: 9:53am On Mar 22, 2013
I was baking my nephew's birthday cake and i creamed salt instead of sugar with butter unknowing, in the evening of the celebration day my elder sister i.e my nephew's mum nearly kill me saying i gave her the disgrace of her life in her son's school since the birthday party toke place in the school and the cake was eaten there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Will You Eat Your Xmas Food ?? / Does Anyone Has The Recipe For Ewedu? / Blogger, Tatafonaija Feeds 1000 Kids In Abuja To Mark Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.