Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial (24185 Views)

Mobile Number Portability (MNP), What You Need To Know. / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by dridowu: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2013
Hafiz Oyetoro, i love d guy advert
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by abrahym(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2013
hustla: ..
First time I will b d first to comment...
i want to.say thank u to my Oga at the top; Seun Osewa,Saka, the OP,my Mommy,My Daddy, My Brother and My Sister for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be the first to comment..
i also want.to.thank the makers of Tecno N3,MTN for the Blackberry BIS i am browsing with..

thank u thank uu!!

cheesy cheesy

dude you funny o. Can't stop laughing....
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by texazzpete(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2013
I'll be dumping Airtel for Etisalat as soon as possible. Those guys have failed me one too many times.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Abujafood: 9:16am On Apr 23, 2013
So hasn't Etisalat also Dissed MTN before?

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by nuwell(m): 9:18am On Apr 23, 2013
walcolm: did you guys notice his clothes was greenish when his back was showing and it was yellow when he turned around? straight up sticking it to Etisalat

You're on point. I noticed this only after making this post. That's was supposed to be 'subtle', I suppose. (lol)
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by lightheart(m): 9:18am On Apr 23, 2013
Feeling the advert mehnnnnnn.
I wished it was NCC running this tvc, showing an A-rate celeb porting across networks.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by ichommy(m): 9:18am On Apr 23, 2013
semid4lyfe: ^^^^

I don talk am before. Of all the telcos wey dey Naija, na MTN get business sense pass

Feeling the advert. . . . .
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Reptyle(m): 9:18am On Apr 23, 2013
georjay: na MTN go lose customer pass oooo

Yes...in the first few months of MNP, MTN will lose quite some customers. But after a while, they will realize that MTN is actually better than most and return to base.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by mrofficial2(m): 9:19am On Apr 23, 2013
walcolm: did you guys notice his clothes was greenish when his back was showing and it was yellow when he turned around? straight up sticking it to Etisalat

That's so true.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by EveryLadY(f): 9:23am On Apr 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: This is not a minor issue looking from a businessman perspective. Saka betrayed etisalat as a whole by that, so i'll advice etisalat to go for a revenge and get Osuofia and Mama G to do the same.

if you observe very well Etisalat was the first culprit.there was this advert saka did on etisalat promo,and you see people coming out of yellow cabs to buy etisalat sim due to the promo. So MTN is simply paying them back in a bigger way.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by nuwell(m): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2013
@Mods: Please I was trying to be as subtle as MTN was in the TVC, in titling this post o!
This new topic go wound person o! This is an official disclaimer. Abeg!
Please I'd like to suggest a more subtle 're-titling' (permit my coinage).
Thanks.
Nu-well
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by lifestyle1(m): 9:26am On Apr 23, 2013
Nothing wey money nor fit do.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by IleIfe2(m): 9:27am On Apr 23, 2013
Awesome!! Let the war begin.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by farem: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2013
nawtyme: If Saka actually did an advert for MTN, then thats too un professional. And i dont think his services will be needed by other firms in terms of adverts. I used to like him, but this act is just too bad. Bunch of back stabbers.
[color=#990000]
SO HE SHOULD REMAIN PERPETUALLY INSIDE THE GUTTER WHERE THEY-ETISALAT DUMPED HIM? WHO SAYS ITS PROFESSIONAL FOR ETISALAT TO EDGE OUT ITS WELL-KNOWN PUBLICITY FACES? WHAT WAS THE REASON FOR ANYONE FEATURING IN ANY ADVERT IN THE FIRST PLACE? SURVIVAL! SAKA RIDE ON!
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 23, 2013
i can't stop imagining what could have happened between him and etisalat, wish etisalat has some kind of prove that will make them sue mtn for that stupid advert, that is if they didn't drop saka like most of the brand does.
Looking from another angle( not the brand ambassador snatching angle)i think the advert is cool sha.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by boron10(m): 9:35am On Apr 23, 2013
I'm sure this number portability of a thing would favour MTN more. Despite it's shortcomings, MTN remains the best.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 23, 2013
Awesome tvc. I envy this Saka dude a great deal. I am certain he brings more commercial value to his brand(s) than all the useless so-called glo ambassadors put together bring to glo.

I can only imagine how much he would have earned from this volte-face that is definitely an advertising masterstroke. . .can't be less than N30m.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Decentmost: 9:35am On Apr 23, 2013
its a contract and there will be terms and condition. am sure he owned etisalat nothing.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by MissOpe(f): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2013
If U'll still remain with MTN click like..

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by kponkedenge(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2013
I will comment later

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by MissOpe(f): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2013
If U'l port to etisalat click like

9 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by jhydebaba(m): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2013
This is SIMPLY SAKA. It is simply sakaristic and moneyconscioussaga.

Footballers like artist are all olosho joor, ashewo in native language.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Ridiy: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: This is not a minor issue looking from a businessman perspective. Saka betrayed etisalat as a whole by that, so i'll advice etisalat to go for a revenge and get Osuofia and Mama G to do the same.

Na soo...it happens in football also...Torres left liverpool 4 chelsea, den sturridge frm chelsea 2 liverpool...jst like how RVP left arsenal for ManU...So Saka transfered frm Etisalat 2 MTN
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by vicade(m): 9:41am On Apr 23, 2013
Great coup by MTN. The advert is also catchy and Sakas dance moves makes sense.

Amazing how the green at the beginning took a dig at Glo/Etisalat. Airtel isn't seen as a major threat I suppose. Even if na to wear red shoes to represent them.

Nice one. Sakas brand value is greater than all the useless Glo Ambassadors combined.The Average consumer warms up to saka. Great move once again by MTN and I doubt if any other network can beat them for coverage so make una port to MTN .

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by najoke: 9:43am On Apr 23, 2013
initial gragra by the thiveing network.

first it was a direct hit from MTN, saying in the papers that if you want to "port out from Etisalat to MTN" and now this..

Obviously the fear of Etisalat is the beginning of Wisdom for MTN

Advert does not change anything.....Emptyem will still remain Emptyem

I am still porting my MTN to Etisalat.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 23, 2013
Of all the telecom brands ambassadors, Saka is still the only one that gives the impression that he works for his money. A bunch of others just feel like they've been 'dashed' the money, like it is a largesse they are partaking from. I still remember my favourite line...'ooooooh! Etisalati o!'with the look of satisfaction on his face. I can play that line a million times without getting tired of it.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by titus3: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2013
na_joke: initial gragra by the thiveing network.

first it was a direct hit from MTN, saying in the papers that if you want to "port out from Etisalat to MTN" and now this..

Obviously the fear of Etisalat is the beginning of Wisdom for MTN

Advert does not change anything.....Emptyem will still remain Emptyem

I am still porting my MTN to Etisalat.

Abegi... go and sit down and enjoy the advert war!

Like they say in Warri... First to do no dey sweet. Remember the Etisalat ad featuring Saka and someone who looked like Osuofia? No one said anything then.

So now MTN has repaid them brilliantly, you are complaining. Who cares where you are porting to?

If Etisalat doesn't like it, let them go and hire Patience Ozorkwo, Osuofia, or Yaw/Nedu!

It means more jobs for boys, and more entertainment for us
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by dokunbam(m): 9:51am On Apr 23, 2013
You guys should leave MTN for us oo.
Now the network will be much more better
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 23, 2013
Etisalat till I die.

This shows how CLULESS MTN really is. They had to go get someone that has made Etisalat famous. Etisalat must be doing something right to make MTN shiver this way.

Nice video anyway, but etisalat's will be better.

Everything about MTN is EMPTY.

5 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by symbianDON(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2013
boron10: I'm sure this number portability of a thing would favour MTN more. Despite it's shortcomings, MTN remains the best.
what makes mtn d best?
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by coretechng(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2013
hustla: ..
First time I will b d first to comment...
i want to.say thank u to my Oga at the top; Seun Osewa,Saka, the OP,my Mommy,My Daddy, My Brother and My Sister for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be the first to comment..
i also want.to.thank the makers of Tecno N3,MTN for the Blackberry BIS i am browsing with..

thank u thank uu!!

cheesy cheesy
HAHAHAHA YOU GUYS NO GO KILL PERSON WITH LAUGH FOR NAIRALAND

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blackberry Bold 10[picture] / House Of Assembly Member Goes "Crazy" Because Of The Tecno Camon Phone. / Mobile Pdf Reader Nokia C2-00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.