Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial (24184 Views)

Mobile Number Portability (MNP), What You Need To Know. / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Drhenrysaint(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
kuyubi: Na wa O!

Some people are acting as if they have shares at Etisalat.

Please stop insulting someone for making a smart move that will benefit him.

Wow!!
I KNOW YOU'RE AIMING ThAT ON ME.

the man is an idi0t. He jux ruined his biz or wateva,what iz 20mil? can it tar a half kilometre road without drinage?. Can it lift/build a six storey building?.

Well I trust etisalat and glo. They re good in throwing money for advert.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by kuyubi(m): 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dr henry saint:

the man is an id**t. He jux ruined his biz or wateva,what iz 20mil? can it tar a half kilometre road without drinage?. Can it lift/build a six storey building?.

20 Million is a lot of money, it can pay for MBA abroad for two people at least. 20 Million can be invested in so many profitable ways. Are you seriously asking what is 20 Million? WOW!!

He is not an idiot. I don't know him but I know its wrong to insult people without knowing the full story.
SAKA ruined his business? That is so not true.
Will you say that about professional footballers? Whether you like it or not this is the same.

Lets assume you are a medical doctor; will you leave your current job that the pay is 8 Million per year for a rival Hospital for a pay that is 16 Million per year?
Answer that professionally without sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Drhenrysaint(m): 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
ufotuko: have you ever heard something called "marketing strategy"
my brother this one is called DISSING . Period !!!!
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Drhenrysaint(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
kuyubi:

20 Million is a lot of money, it can pay for MBA abroad for two people at least. 20 Million can be invested in so many profitable ways. Are you seriously asking what is 20 Million? WOW!!

He is not an idiot. I don't know him but I know its wrong to insult people without knowing the full story.
SAKA ruined his business? That is so not true.
Will you say that about professional footballers? Whether you like it or not this is the same.

Lets assume you are a medical doctor; will you leave your current job that the pay is 8 Million per year for a rival Hospital for a pay that is 16 Million per year?
Answer that professionally without sentiment.
wether he likes it or not, he will be assasinated soon. He will eat d 20mil in grave.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by kuyubi(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dr henry saint: wether he likes it or not, he will be assasinated soon. He will eat d 20mil in grave.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dr henry saint:

the man is an idi0t. He jux ruined his biz or wateva,what iz 20mil? can it tar a half kilometre road without drinage?. Can it lift/build a six storey building?.

if you let the graduates that are un-employed hear that from you they will bury you alive.lol.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Posman(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dr henry saint: wether he likes it or not, he will be assasinated soon. He will eat d 20mil in grave.

where is d sense in this?
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by thelegend1(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2013
Did anybody catch the most important phrase in the advert? "I DONE UPGRADE TO MTN".

This is a classic piece of work. Kudos to MTN and Madame that thought of this idea.

Keep Winning!!!
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by BabaAra2(m): 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2013

Its obvious you are so biased. Are u sure your doctorate is not "Toronto"?

Japanese say Yoi ishna, Yoi Kandai. Good Thinking, Good Product. Give it to the Advert and stop befing.

Ask yourself if the Saka guy would join MTN if Etisalat was paying him that much.

Its call smart move.Use your brain man!
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by gisoj: 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
dulaman: Please how does this 'portability' works? Dont seem to understand it.
It means you can migrate to any other network and still retains your number.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by ideee03(f): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
hustla: ..
First time I will b d first to comment...
i want to.say thank u to my Oga at the top; Seun Osewa,Saka, the OP,my Mommy,My Daddy, My Brother and My Sister for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be the first to comment..
i also want.to.thank the makers of Tecno N3,MTN for the Blackberry BIS i am browsing with..

thank u thank uu!!

cheesy cheesy
MUNTULLA,you forgot to thank your neigbour for allowing you charge your phone in his house,cuz I sure say PHCN don cut your wire.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by beanos(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
nawtyme: If Saka actually did an advert for MTN, then thats too un professional. And i dont think his services will be needed by other firms in terms of adverts. I used to like him, but this act is just too bad. Bunch of back stabbers.

Quite agree with you, but that will depend on the expiration of his contract agreement with etisalat. Meanwhile don't u read in between the lines, saka is a business man,so also the network providers. I will say that mtn is too fast to contract saka cos after 90 days that same saka will port back to ETISALAT. Very funny, go saka... Make hay while the sun shine for u.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by beanos(m): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
driand: .in my professional opinion, i would rather be remain with eti dan be enslaved to mtn..... As for saka his's well on his way to make more millions after anoda 90 days..... He just went to perfect his etisalat deal.... F.ck mtn, dey are now ready to loose 25million customers within d next 6 months, i'll be loving dis....

Just on point, I have said it before. Just go saka and make ur money, while keeping Ur etisalat deal.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by get2abbey(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
beanos:

Quite agree with you, but that will depend on the expiration of his contract agreement with etisalat. Meanwhile don't u read in between the lines, saka is a business man,so also the network providers. I will say that mtn is too fast to contract saka cos after 90 days that same saka will port back to ETISALAT. Very funny, go saka... Make hay while the sun shine for u.
^
well said,dude will port back 90 days after experiencing congestion,unable to get to their customer care,gets rude experience from their shop,subscribe to their service and realized that "thats not what their advert says" and worst of all constant disappearance of his credit.

Etisalat should not bother themselves on this,dude will port back in 90 days grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by okwele1(f): 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
etisalat is still d best in terms of connectivity & freebies
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
get2abbey:
^
well said,dude will port back 90 days after experiencing congestion,unable to get to their customer care,gets rude experience from their shop,subscribe to their service and realized that "thats not what their advert says" and worst of all constant disappearance of his credit.

Etisalat should not bother themselves on this,dude will port back in 90 days grin grin grin grin grin

True talk just hope the contract aint iron clad so he can port across all the networks at 90 days internal. That will be so cool cos we know these telcos deserves kirikata kirikata kirikata kirikata I don PORT Oooo! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nurry: 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
MTN directly targetted their biggest fear in the industry. NCC placed a ban on all adverts for MNP yet MTN went ahead with the controversial advert. The truth be told, they will loose their subscribers.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Am not sure switching over to MTN is a smart move for customers, but for Saka, business wise it was a master stroke! Am sure the guys at Etisalat didn't see it coming cool cool cool
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
Wen he was facing back, d color of d background n his cloth was light green like dat of etisalat n glo, immediately he turned(port), everywhere turned yellow. But y me go port to mtn, ayam madt?
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by XavierSmiley: 1:00am On Apr 24, 2013
aanumama: i can't stop imagining what could have happened between him and etisalat, wish etisalat has some kind of prove that will make them sue mtn for that stupid advert, that is if they didn't drop saka like most of the brand does.
Looking from another angle( not the brand ambassador snatching angle)i think the advert is cool sha.

¶ still hold on τ̲̅ȍ the opinion dat NOTHING happened btw Saka and Etisalat... He only had a "better" offer...ℓσℓ. 'M sure MTN intentionally went out τ̲̅ȍ "woo" him doubling/tripling whatsoever he was being paid by Etisalat... Money speaking.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by DAVE5(m): 2:03am On Apr 24, 2013
hustla: ..
First time I will b d first to comment...
i want to.say thank u to my Oga at the top; Seun Osewa,Saka, the OP,my Mommy,My Daddy, My Brother and My Sister for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be the first to comment..
i also want.to.thank the makers of Tecno N3,MTN for the Blackberry BIS i am browsing with..

thank u thank uu!!

cheesy cheesy
dis ur coment nearly make my ribs cut...
Lol

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by seunlayi(m): 5:36am On Apr 24, 2013
good or bad, I don't see anybody porting to mtn. have we all forgot the reason for this portability of no? Mtn and co where the first network to come on board nigeria gsm, many people who really need to use gsm services bought their lines and gave it out to people and now, they are well know with the number but unfortunately, this network were mis-behaving and at the same time, those who bought the lines have no choice than to keep managing those number because that is the no they do their business with, some of them that are smart embraced glo and etisalat when they came on board while others refused becos of the fear of losing their contact. And now, here comes the opportunity to change no to another network, which network do you think people with those old no under bondage will change to? Of course, mtn are surely the losing followed by airtel. And let me add this, almost everyone of us have at least three to four sims from different networks which we use as the situation demands. The only reason for no portability is just for us that bought our no 1 sims from mtn or airtel during those days when we rushed to buy sims without knowing what they have for us to change it to glo or etisalat period
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by graphicsplay: 10:21am On Apr 24, 2013
THIS IS CALLED 'HOSTILE TAKE OVER' IN BUSINESS. EXPECTING ETISALAT TO LAUNCH A COUNTER STRATAGEM
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by reumat(m): 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Money dan make sakaa day portable e mean say..........

are u a leaner?
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by DECOtech(m): 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
nawtyme: If Saka actually did an advert for MTN, then thats too un professional. And i dont think his services will be needed by other firms in terms of adverts. I used to like him, but this act is just too bad. Bunch of back stabbers.
Saka does not owe sentiments to anyone. Business is business, it always flows in the direction of the highest bidder.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by DECOtech(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
graphicsplay: THIS IS CALLED 'HOSTILE TAKE OVER' IN BUSINESS. EXPECTING ETISALAT TO LAUNCH A COUNTER STRATAGEM
Hmmmmmmm... Eti had better thread carefully or MTN could have them pushed over the cliffs.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by bigmoztj(m): 10:01am On Apr 25, 2013
Deyou: Whoever comes out with this concept for MTN should get double promotions....and for Etisalat, if i'm the MD, I go fire some people in my legal dept. period!

The next couple of days would be mournful for etisalat cos of this ad.
Liar! I will tell why is not going to be mournful for Etisalat...It's only when ppl are tired with bullshit that they are fast to let go and in this case I call MTN BULLSHIT! On the other hand Etisalat customer are so satisfied with their services that yhu barely hear them complain unlike in the case of MTN. Now I tell you what literally any one who see this advert and has an ugly picture of MTN in mind will definitely do any thing to act contrary to the advert of which am a living witness. in fact dont waste yhur time MTN will go down if they continue with their crook ideas. Thank You
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by nattymallam: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
The question i expected you to ask urself is, was Saka contractually tied to etisalat? does he have a long term contract with them? was he paid mega bucks like other guys that did advert for etisalat? But if u must know he did a one off commercial for etisalat and he was paid miserly. MTN came with a better offer and he took it. If na u nko
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Ishilove: 3:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
obadiah777: CELEBS IN NAIJA ARE NOW CONDUITS FOR BRANDING. THE BEAST HAS TAKEN OVER. GO OUT AND BUY BUY BUY BUY CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME
You are so fanatical

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blackberry Bold 10[picture] / House Of Assembly Member Goes "Crazy" Because Of The Tecno Camon Phone. / Infinix Hot 2 Storage Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.