Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial (24183 Views)

Mobile Number Portability (MNP), What You Need To Know. / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by hannyaniekan(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2013
nawtyme: If Saka actually did an advert for MTN, then thats too un professional. And i dont think his services will be needed by other firms in terms of adverts. I used to like him, but this act is just too bad. Bunch of back stabbers.
Don't b in a hurry to conclude. The highest bidder takes d lead. Am sure he's contract with etisalat most av bn over b4 e can do mtn.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by walex25(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2013
My number don dey portable e mean say...... nice concept.

I luv this dude ads.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by 32D: 10:01am On Apr 23, 2013
madt advert una go fear concept na
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by initiate: 10:02am On Apr 23, 2013
dammytosh:

I appreciate the concept but Etisalat should have matched the Money for money. Allowing your brand ambassador go else where at this critical time is not called for. This advert will have a psychological effect on a lot of low level users who only care about calling.

I'm sure etis would have tried but mtn wl outbid them anyday. And saka wl follow highest bidder.

Anyhow let's give it to mtn. This is simply brilliant. It almost makes up for the poor service on the network
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by lightheart(m): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2013
sexkillz: Etisalat till I die.

This shows how CLULESS MTN really is. They had to go get someone that has made Etisalat famous. Etisalat must be doing something right to make MTN shiver this way.

Nice video anyway, but etisalat's will be better.

Everything about MTN is EMPTY.

Forgive me but dont you see how you are the clueless one here? What better way to send the message of number portability?
And what better network to port from if not from their biggest competitors, MTN/GLO?

Lemme school you a bit, mr sexkillz. The perfect coup would be for etisalat to up there offering to Saka and get him to do an ad showing him re-porting back to Etisalat. But i guess there is a contract to forestall this ;d

There is always a masterstroke every point of the way.

#my2naira

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by farem: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I see glo being phased out in the future if they aren't careful.
Glo has the poorest service as at now, not their fault at all. That's how you know a Nigerian brand cheesy
[color=#990000]
I dont know where you got your personal experience about Glo. If you refuse to take advantage of what is available to enjoy by its subscribers, whose fault is it? HE WHO CAN READ (RESEARCH) AND DOESNT DO IT HAS NO ADVANTAGE OVER THE STARK ILLITERATER. With just few kobo above N9/minute I call ANY network in Nigeria (overseas calls much cheaper). I receive 5mb for just N5 (that goes for N50 in mtn). I dont need to dial any glo number the 2nd or more to be sure 'the number you are calling is not available' is a fluke. Voice clarity is second to none! How many times has NCC sanctioned Glo? A BALD-HEAD DOESNT JUST WRITE FACTS BY SIMPLY SCRATCHING HIS HEAD.
NB: I use ALL networks, and I know what I am saying.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by 32D: 10:04am On Apr 23, 2013
nawtyme: If Saka actually did an advert for MTN, then thats too un professional. And i dont think his services will be needed by other firms in terms of adverts. I used to like him, but this act is just too bad. Bunch of back stabbers.
[size=18pt]Dey Dia Dey Dull make pant dey wear u[/size]

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Reference(m): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2013
This is just fantastic, privatisation at its best. Once upon a time there was government red tape, corruption and ineptitude. Now the pressure is on the side of service providers.

On number portability it makes no sense to me. The quality of service across all networks are similar. I use all four and can't pin my prefrences on any for more than a couple of days so I run them all. Currently running MTN but the moment I leave this place in a few days I know which network I'll be switching to because MTN is notoriously useless there. They are all the same.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by 2sexyus: 10:06am On Apr 23, 2013
They have their marketing department filled with creative minds... That is the secret to their upward rise.

If any of the competitors are wise, they should do same.

Imagine how much they made first day they started the free night calls and then switched to paid subscribtion of N100? Lol...

Imagine how much they made when they introduced the free day call?

Imagine, just imagine what they made from all the bonanza all over naija...

This guys mean BUSINESS. Dem no come here come look ur face; they will milk you dry if you let them.

That is the only thing I love about MTN and a serious minded person should copy them... It's a legal way of stealing- that is what I call them cheesy cheesy
semid4lyfe: ^^^^

I don talk am before. Of all the telcos wey dey Naija, na MTN get business sense pass

Feeling the advert. . . . .
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by fanistic(m): 10:07am On Apr 23, 2013

you are so mistaken bro. they sign contracts for stipulated periods and when contracts expire and no talks for increment or continuity from the management they (celebrities/footballers/etc) are so so free to debunk and search for a greener pasture. no allegiance whatsoever.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 23, 2013
lightheart:

Forgive me but dont you see how you are the clueless one here? What better way to send the message of number portability?
And what better network to port from if not from their biggest competitors, MTN/GLO?

Lemme school you a bit, mr sexkillz. The perfect coup would be for etisalat to up there offering to Saka and get him to do an ad showing him re-porting back to Etisalat. But i guess there is a contract to forestall this ;d

There is always a masterstroke every point of the way.

#my2naira
School yourself.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by lightheart(m): 10:11am On Apr 23, 2013
sexkillz: School yourself.
Touche!
Thanks for stopping by tho. grin
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Tunjman(m): 10:11am On Apr 23, 2013
Emp-Ty- N(etwork)
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by oluwafoy: 10:13am On Apr 23, 2013
Whaooo........This is out of this world.....i am convinced i'm no more PORTING out of MTN again....I choose to stay with the winners. No more PhinShinPhinShin
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by kart042000(m): 10:18am On Apr 23, 2013
I don't know if it is just me, but i hear wande coals voice all over the advert and makes it seem like saka is just lip syncing the song. By the way Glo advertised that people should swap there sim for glo when they first started, so nothing new. Its just disappointing that they ought not to be dissing each other, but compete so we customers can enjoy the competition of better quality and and at a cheaper rate. Love the advert cool

1 Like

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Reference(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2013
farem: [color=#990000]
I dont know where you got your personal experience about Glo. If you refuse to take advantage of what is available to enjoy by its subscribers, whose fault is it? HE WHO CAN READ (RESEARCH) AND DOESNT DO IT HAS NO ADVANTAGE OVER THE STARK ILLITERATER. With just few kobo above N9/minute I call ANY network in Nigeria (overseas calls much cheaper). I receive 5mb for just N5 (that goes for N50 in mtn). I dont need to dial any glo number the 2nd or more to be sure 'the number you are calling is not available' is a fluke. Voice clarity is second to none! How many times has NCC sanctioned Glo? A BALD-HEAD DOESNT JUST WRITE FACTS BY SIMPLY SCRATCHING HIS HEAD.

Yes, you use all networks but the key is do you use them everywhere in Nigeria cos not everyone who uses mobile phones stand in the very spot you do. I was at a location two weeks ago and GLO was off for three days, the other networks were working with Etisalat having the best connectivity.

All these talk about one better than the other is just not true. If communication is critical to your business and living my stern advice based on experience is to have and hold all lines. We have not attained universal coverage and quality to make number portability a must for everyone. However I support it in as much as it gives them a kick up their bnacksides. Downside - this is one of the few quality assurance cards the NCC has to play. If it doesn't produce the desired effect then we may have problems.

And this is simply because of the gross misconception that one network is better than the other. This is a dangerous misconception.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by collynzo2(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2013
Typical MTN give a shoe and take away your leg. I doubt he'll be appearing on subsequent MTN adverts and Etisalat won't accept him back. Who loses?
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Posman(m): 10:24am On Apr 23, 2013
looool cool song
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 23, 2013
Saka is a Yourba man...they are doing well..it is a fact.

Anyway back to the subject, MTN is a failed network as no amount of port, ports or portings shall move me.

Failed advert from a failed network...
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by docbindl(m): 10:27am On Apr 23, 2013
Its so obivious that MTN doesn't consider Airtel as a competitor in the telecom market. This advert were aimed directly @ the other 2 competitors, Etisalat and Glo. Not only did they get someone who had help advertize for them, but the switch from a green dress toa yellow dress is so un-canny. A good advert tho, let see what the others will come up with.
And a Big Thumbs up to NCC for this. I think the telecom is the only aspect of nigeria that seems to be working, and it would be a lot better if the power sector can pull it weight.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by soltex(m): 10:27am On Apr 23, 2013
na advert we go chop ne....!well Thank GOD for dis initiative cos some ntwk no dey try for some state, WAHALLA GO DEY O! CHOOSE YOUR CHOICE smiley
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by wellmax(m): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2013
As much as I dont like MTN, this commercial is on point!
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by dc555: 10:45am On Apr 23, 2013
hustla: ..
First time I will b d first to comment...
i want to.say thank u to my Oga at the top; Seun Osewa,Saka, the OP,my Mommy,My Daddy, My Brother and My Sister for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be the first to comment..
i also want.to.thank the makers of Tecno N3,MTN for the Blackberry BIS i am browsing with..

thank u thank uu!!

cheesy cheesy
how is ur WAEC going? greet mummy for me.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by figment232(m): 10:48am On Apr 23, 2013
Reptyle:

Yes...in the first few months of MNP, MTN will lose quite some customers. But after a while, they will realize that MTN is actually better than most and return to base.
mtn is goona sweep all airtel and glo customers.i hate glo with passion they stole my N400( i subscribed to their Bis week after deducting the amt i didnt get d services and they kip deductingmy credits on calls that were not terminated)glo wud loose alot of customers bet me!
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by lordspiritual(m): 10:50am On Apr 23, 2013
dis commercial is so on point....waiting patiently for it to be seen on tv(so as for the port war to begin in full force)
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Hackomania(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Once again, they (MTN) have proven to be smarter than the pack... But smarts will only get you so far though. 90 days will tell who will enjoy the most services. The network that can ensure the most loyalty and best customer service should get the credits IMO.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by TechyGuy: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2013
"...I don upgrade to MTN.."

Mehhhhnnnnn! That line na flawless victory to etisalat! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

kirikata kirikata kirikata!

I give this ad 1 billion points, forget the fight for customer base, this ad is a killer punch.
Its a model for other brands to emulate. Branding agencies and marketing dept of firms should study it!
I think its time to put on my branding and marketing concepts gloves again.

<<<Walks to my drawer>>>
....who took my adobe creative suite DVD?

5 Likes

Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by fame12k(m): 11:02am On Apr 23, 2013

please tell me y football players sign for another club!

Hope u know van persie, former arsenal player just won d league with Man utd.
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by jamst(m): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2013
lord.spiritual:
dis commercial is so on point....waiting patiently for it to be seen on tv(so as for the port war to begin in full force)
it has already been on tv advert cos i watched it on tvc
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Sike(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2013
hustla: ..
First time I will b d first to comment...
i want to.say thank u to my Oga at the top; Seun Osewa,Saka, the OP,my Mommy,My Daddy, My Brother and My Sister for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be the first to comment..
i also want.to.thank the makers of Tecno N3,MTN for the Blackberry BIS i am browsing with..

thank u thank uu!!

cheesy cheesy
Lmaoooo... I envy you O!
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by TechyGuy: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2013
farem: [color=#990000]

I use glo and mtn as my main lines. I got this glo line in 2006, the mtn in 2009, I can categorically grin tell you that, MTN is better. For how many weeks now, its being hell trying to call from glo. That's not even the reason, glo customer care is just horrible, bunch of people who can't do nothing. Glo doesn't compensate, so if you loose you credit in glo, forget it!
MTN has been good for me, that's what I use on my tab, PC and call with glo as the side kick. Forget about etisalat and airtel, their lines are now in my drawer.

"I receive 5mb for just N5 (that goes for N50 in mtn)." you are absolutely wrong here. MTN has the 5MB for N5 too, its for Pulse subscribers though. Concerning calls, try MTN Supersaver, that's what I use, its hell cheap, N6/min. For international, I think its N10/min. Yes the number portability thningy is good but any real techy fellow knows that you should keep all lines in all networks, they may come in handy!
Re: Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:17am On Apr 23, 2013
nu-well:
Hey folks,
I saw the new MTN television commercial for the recently activated number portability scheme, for the first time, yesterday and I couldn't suppress a smile at some of the 'interesting' messages in it.

Here's a brief of my observations:

* Hafiz Oyetoro aka Saka, appears to be the ambassador for this campaign. He was popular with the Etisalat brand and it seemed his loyalty to that brand was unquestionable. In this commercial, he is systematically unveiled as he sings the theme song, with emphasis (to my mind) on 'I don port o... to MTN.' That definitely cracked me up. I'm certain his Etisalat days are over. I doubt we'll be seeing 'Saka' in any other adverts for Etisalat except to demonstrate how number portability enables him to 'dump' MTN 90 days later, due to unsatisfactory services (or contract terms). (hahaha)

* Next, judging by the speed with which advert was released, MTN takes the bull by the horns, confident that this scheme is more favourable to them more than their competitors. I can't imagine how long they took to woo Mr. Saka for this one.

All in all, the TVC is very hilarious.

Check out the video here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUVdnzC19oU.
Like someone commented, 'Saka sef don port. Wetin you dey wait for?' lol

Did you observe any other or similar nuances? Share.
Thanks

(c)www.nu-well..com

Dis Man na real politician see as him just decamp one tym.
Anyway sha na money dey cos d katakata bt to b fair I tink dis nt good for his image @ al.
Bt I hope it is good for his pocket
GBAm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now / Blackberry Bold 10[picture] / House Of Assembly Member Goes "Crazy" Because Of The Tecno Camon Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.