Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,802 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing (23426 Views)

Ngige Denies Collapsing During Budget Defence / Aviation Sector Is Collapsing —FG Cries Out / Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by davechika(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2013
Hello nairalanders living around woji/slaughter axis,pls confirm. i got this disturbing pixs of slaughter bridge woji in Ph about collapsing.take a close look at the circled pillar.
lets prevent this calamity waiting to happen,who knows it could be your loved ones making use of the bridge as at when it will finally collaspe.

[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
davechika: Hello nairalanders living around woji/slaughter axis,pls confirm. i got this disturbing pixs of slaughter bridge woji in Ph about collapsing.take a close look at the circled pillar.
lets prevent this calamity waiting to happen,who knows it could be your loved ones making use of the bridge as at when it will finally collaspe.

[img][/img]

damn and i drive pass this bridge everyday shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by davechika(m): 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

damn and i drive pass this bridge everyday shocked shocked shocked shocked

pls kindly confirm that supporting pillar yourself and take more pixs,i doubt its in normal angle.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by 1stola: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
So shocked shocked shocked
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by frankmoney(m): 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
hmm i stay in woji o buh av nt heard anytyn like daat where did yhu get dat pix from
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by ldpele(m): 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
headin thr nw
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Vicotex(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
na lie o
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by dovemart(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
I think I'll call the attention of the Community Chief. On my way now, expect safety measures immediately.

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by greall1: 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
ok i am going there now brb but i am still in Lagos
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by venorite(m): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
See the surroundings of the bridge sef
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by dovemart(m): 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
frankmoney: hmm i stay in woji o buh av nt heard anytyn like daat where did yhu get dat pix from
That pix was taken from the River's Harbour Deck. That's by the right hand side coming thru the State Zoo.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by EasternLeopard: 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
Pls why is it named slaughter bridge. I hope they didnt slaughter human beings there in the past.

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Rastamann: 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
What do you expect of a slaughter bridge?

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by asids55: 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
no fear..e still get other pillars to support am
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by drberry(m): 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
Its very true ooo... Buh the f**king gov't wont do anything abt it. I'll just have to pray harder whenever i'm passing that way..... cool cool grin grin
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
I concur...

I saw that bridge from inside the Zoo and I was like WTF?!

The funny part is; That bridge was constructed by the same company that constructed the Airforce flyover that collapsed a few years back.... #BULLETINE Construction Company

3 Likes

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Bgino(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
that looks to me like an expansion joint in construction and civil engr palance. except there is a noticeable vibration,there's nothing to worry about..this same ridge has undergone series of reinforcements and repairs not quite long
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by neksummi(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is serious!
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Irritant: 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
BOkO HAram is at it again ...thank God most people in PH can swim.. grin grin grin..

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by trix1: 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
Okija_juju: I concur...

I saw that bridge from inside the Zoo and I was like WTF?!

The funny part is; That bridge was constructed by the same company that constructed the Airforce flyover that collapsed a few years back.... #BULLETINE Construction Company

This really shouldn't surprise anyone that stays in PHC, that bridge was as controversial as the Eliozu bridge/road. with NDDC and Odili claiming to be the owners of the trans-woji road projects at different times, and OBJ having to commission the eliozu road/Bridge more than two times
Btw Are there still animals in that zoo?

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by ralphossai: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
its a slaughter bridge waiting to slaughter people grin
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by dare2think: 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
Genocide waiting to happen!!!
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by aku626(m): 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
what a name to give a bridge

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by sazycul: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
davechika: Hello nairalanders living around woji/slaughter axis,pls confirm. i got this disturbing pixs of slaughter bridge woji in Ph about collapsing.take a close look at the circled pillar.

[img][/img]
that's not the picture of stlaughter bridge, and we still make use of it. heavy vehicles and trucks are not alowed to pass the bridge for a very long time now.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by ifyalways(f): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
Na PH be dis? Na wao.
Onitsha get hope be dat.

5 Likes

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
trix!:

This really shouldn't surprise anyone that stays in PHC, that bridge was as controversial as the Eliozu bridge/road. with NDDC and Odili claiming to be the owners of the trans-woji road projects at different times, and OBJ having to commission the eliozu road/Bridge more than two times
Btw Are there still animals in that zoo?

Yeah!!

Do a Nairaland search of Okija Juju visits the Zoo.. You'll see pictures of all the last surviving animals and even the Lions wey dey chop Moi moi and banana.. grin

No jokes sha, i have pictures of PH zoo on NL..

https://www.nairaland.com/1064414/nigeria-52-celebration-port-harcourt-zoo

2 Likes

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by sweetmimi(f): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
The next pillar is also bending oo, hmmm odikwa risky.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by alaoeri: 3:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
Irritant: BOkO HAram is at it again ...thank God most people in PH can swim.. grin grin grin..
Where is this one from?
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by EzePromoe: 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
The highest casuality that would likely be predominantly abokis because that place is the area where their mosque is located and also they do their business on that bridge.
I myself i pray i won't be among the casualities because i use that bridge almost everyday, especially when i want to escape hold-up in Aba road to go to Elelenwo. Not ignoring the fact that there is sometimes traffic on that same bridge in weekdays evening.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
aku626: what a name to give a bridge

Thats because on the other side from where this picture was taken is the biggest slaughter in Port-harcourt (hence the dirt). So people just call it slaughter bridge by virtue of its location and proximity to a slaughter. Even the round about that is about 200 meters to the left is called slaughter round-about/junction.

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by FECOSON: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
Vicotex: na lie o
how do u know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Congratulates Muhammadu Buhari - The Sun. / EFCC Arrests Salihu Atawodi For N600m Arms Scam / Strike: Saraki Sues Workers Of National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.