Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? (1073 Views)

What Does She Really Mean By This? / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? / What Do Guys Really Mean When They Ask A Girl If She Has A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? by Rhymez(m): 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
On the day of ur wedding, the pastor/priest will ask this question and the couple will reply ''Yes I do'', but come to think of it, do you think that cliche or phrase is really effective in today's marriage? Why is divorce so common in the world today? I guess it is now ''For better for stay, for worse for go'' grin.

I guess the pastors and priests should skip that part(for better for worse) because it aint working in today's marriage.
Re: ''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? by Oohrhii(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
The phrase has become more like a norm in the sentences to be altered.Since it has a constant answer "I Do" many couple don't even think about it they just want to get it over with..and start dancing.

Problem is in Nigeria.. we live for the moment before considering the future. All girls wan wed whether he is their choice or not. Wedding amongst ladies now is considered as an achievement, so for the moment dem wan show say..see my finger..then face the broken home later.

Some marriages do survive still..but those ones are the ones that actually did wed each other for real and not for show.
Re: ''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
First of all, let's talk about what the meaning of this phrase is.

When I was a teenager, I thought "for worse" was to stick to your partner even in poverty or sickness. When I grew older, I realized that "for worse" also includes to stay with a partner when he starts abusing you or cheating on you as some people suggest. Yes, I said "he" because I also came to notice that nobody will tell a man to stay with his wife "for worse" when SHE starts cheating. So what does "for worse" include?

All in all, people also vow to love and respect their partners, so how does it go together with abuse and cheating?

I still believe that "for worse" means to be there for him / her when the financial situation is sticky or he / she suffers from an illness. But when a partner starts abuse or cheating and I leave to protect myself then it's not me who broke the vow but the other who didn't love and respect me as he promised.

Good day to you all.
Re: ''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? by Williamfors(m): 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
the only grand for divorce is cheating ok, that is what the biblie said. Any person who divorce his/her husband and merried another one is a fornicator. So you dont have right to divorce your wife or your husband apart when he/she cheat on you. And another tin there is that you can sepret from your husband/wife if your life is denger but you must remain like that till peace take over between you and your spouse, if their is no peace you most remain unmarried.
Re: ''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? by Rhymez(m): 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
Williamfors: the only grand for divorce is cheating ok, that is what the biblie said. Any person who divorce his/her husband and merried another one is a fornicator. So you dont have right to divorce your wife or your husband apart when he/she cheat on you. And another tin there is that you can sepret from your husband/wife if your life is denger but you must remain like that till peace take over between you and your spouse, if their is no peace you most remain unmarried.
Gosh! undecided
Re: ''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
^ great, you just turned your thread into a joke

I can't stop laughing grin
Re: ''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? by Scarpon(m): 11:37pm On Apr 24, 2013
practice? nigga ain't know what the fork that means
Re: ''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? by preeky: 12:33am On Apr 25, 2013
Am practising it at least for now in ma marriage and I pray for total resilience,briefly,i ve been married for the last four years and for one year now ma hubby lost his high paying job.With ma low income I ve become the breadwinner and on this we can hardly survive, He has tried to push me to the wall but when i recall for better for worse which I vowed to, I always cuddle him tightly and it melts his frustration away any time i give him that 'I still love you look' He is so much afraid that he cannot fall asleep without me in that bed.It seems the men in our lives start doubting and feeling insecure when things go wrong and that fact alone is killing me softly.He has deleted all ma friends numbers from ma phone,he decides who i call and who i speak to while in the house,always snooping on ma phone for any sugar daddy relationship.His hawk eye is giving me a rush and to say the truth he never used to be this inferior.What else can i do cos I have never stopped loving him and taking care of his son plus other wifely duties have never changed infact the sexual relationship went a notch hire cos of his idle brain power plus he doesnt drink. I help in dropping his CVs and when scheduled for interview I make sure he is presentable but appetite for high pay always scare prospective employers who would like to start him on a probation salary scale.What else can i do to make him feel cherished and loved?Married folks lets share our trials and how to concur them

(1) (Reply)

"17 Signs Of Falling In Love: / You Shouldnt Be Having Sex If Dont Know These Things.. / Hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.