Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria (14852 Views)

FG Hands Over NITEL To NATCOM Consortium / UK Prime Minister, Cameron Lambasts Jonathan For Misusing $100 Billion Oil Money / Nigeria To Invest $100 Billion In Oil And Gas Exploration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
[size=15pt]Foreign Consortium Plans $100 BILLION Investment In Nigeria[/size]

APRIL 24, 2013 BY IFEANYI ONUBA,

Punch Newspapers, ABUJA

The investment drive of the Federal Government has received a boost as a team of foreign investors has indicated their intention to invest $100bn (N15.8tn) in key sectors of the Nigeria economy.

This was disclosed by Chief Tony Hicks of Anita Energy Limited, when he led a 10-man delegation on a visit to the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Kingsley Moghalu.

A statement from the CBN on Tuesday stated that Hicks informed the CBN deputy governor that the purpose of the team’s visit was to bring massive investment that would add value to the transformation agenda of the Federal Government.

The key areas where the fund would be invested, he said, were oil and gas infrastructure, power generation, fast speed train, telecommunications and the establishment of a merchant bank.

He added that the investment would be done in partnership with APEC Logic Investment Limited, an Australian funding investment partner, and SINOPEC, one of the largest oil and gas corporations in China.

The statement further stated that Moghalu informed the delegation that foreign investment in Nigeria could only be meaningful if it addressed skills and infrastructural development.

He explained that the CBN had undertaken reforms of the banking sector to make it strong, resilient and able to serve the needs of the real economy.

This, he noted, was a total departure from the past where some individuals enriched themselves to the detriment of the economy.

Moghalu informed the team of investors that there was a confluence between the banking reforms and the desire of the investors to establish merchant banks expected to facilitate concrete investment in Nigeria.

This, he observed, would strengthen the relationship between the financial sector and real economy, adding that the CBN, as economic adviser to the government, had advocated structural reform of the economy.

He promised the delegation that the bank would provide the needed support to ensure that the planned investment bore fruits and process the banking licence application, provided the necessary requirements were met.

Moghalu reiterated that one of the four pillars of the banking reform was enhancing the quality of banks and financial stability through the creation of the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria, which absorbed the toxic assets of Deposit Money Banks.

He observed that the banks now had a clean balance sheet and were able to lend to the economy again.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/foreign-consortium-plans-fresh-100bn-investment-in-nigeria/
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is HUGE!! I hope the consortium will eventually pull this off.

$100bn investment (1/3 of Naija's GDP) is not a small thing.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Goddex: 6:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
The Nigerian economy is the toast of investors around the world. Thanks to a sound management of the economy by a sound economic team. Weldone GEJ, Weldone Okonjo - Iweala, Weldone Aganga.

12 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Gooogle(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
How much is the price of crayfish at the stock exchange abeg.

14 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by phlamy(m): 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Gooogle: How much is the price of crayfish at the stock exchange abeg.

But i dont think they sell crayfish there oo bros. But i will ask for you

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by phantom(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is not small money o!just hope this is not 'paper' investment?
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Gooogle(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
phlamy:

But i dont think they sell crayfish there oo bros. But i will ask for you

Abeg, try. I need half cup make I use am toast this my coconut rice.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by phantom(m): 6:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
Gooogle:

Abeg, try. I need half cup make I use am toast this my coconut rice.

grin grin grin grin grin
lol....mad man!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by vosquare: 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by IleIfe2(m): 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
Nice, bribe invest a 100 billion and make a trillion.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
I'm particularly excited by the power generation and high-speed rail aspects of this proposed investment.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
grin how much dem won share? i hope say e go reach our side for agege here lipsrsealed

2 Likes

I hope it's not another Indian slave master? We are tired of modern slavery
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by chreldb(m): 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
They should look away from oil and gas sector and concentrate on the other areas that they are interested in. The oil and gas infrastructure in Nigeria does not need too much attention. It is satisfactorily developed and is even at par with world standards (I think). What will benefit the Nigerian economy the most would be power generation and fast speed trains.

6 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by hishandmaid(f): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
Nice paper documentation (not to sound persimisstic) & report but I hope we Nigerians will not only hear but will also see where this $100b will be invested. God bls Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Chanchit: 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
Goddex: The Nigerian economy is the toast of investors around the world. Thanks to a sound management of the economy by a sound economic team. Weldone GEJ, Weldone Okonjo - Iweala, Weldone Aganga.

You never talk wetin dey do you.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
Let's watch them and hope is not another false hope to nigerians... Anyway work go plenty shaa for future, if u neva arm urself wiv certificates beta do so now #youngnigerians

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by cashmentor(m): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2013
************ e Be like say they wan to tell us wetin we never hear before..........GejBaba dey thiar, plussy many baba dey hiar dabadabadapte dabadapte********* Nor be Small thing O!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ckkris: 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
Goddex: The Nigerian economy is the toast of investors around the world. Thanks to a sound management of the economy by a sound economic team. Weldone GEJ, Weldone Okonjo - Iweala, Weldone Aganga.
But keep an eye on those that insist on making Nigeria ungovernable, and as they can't, they might as well try to keep the economy as unviable as they 've made NEPA.

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by 50calibre(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
I hope they would be mandated to abide by trading regulations in Nigeria and haven't come to exploit the failing system.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Ajengb: 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
Transformation agenda on point-GEJ
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by chukxie(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
The Chinese are investing in every economy they see an opening to make more money and to satisfy their thirst for energy that would drive their economy into possibly becoming the largest in the world. They're smart. I hope our government would make this proposed investment a win-win one so that we as a nation do not lose out.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Hope it does not tow the same path as its antecedents!

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Marpol: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
chreld_b: They should look away from oil and gas sector and concentrate on the other areas that they are interested in. The oil and gas infrastructure in Nigeria does not need too much attention. It is satisfactorily developed and is even at par with world standards (I think). What will benefit the Nigerian economy the most would be power generation and fast speed trains.

You too much! Take five
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by AMEBO2BUSY: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan: I'm particularly excited by the power generation and high-speed rail aspects of this proposed investment.
Power sector GEJ passed 60%.GEJ,is workin if he didn't tackle corruption all amt to nothing and 2015 is '0' 4 him.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
THIS IS A BIG FAT LIE - AN ATTEMPT BY THE GOVERNMENT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE "FOREIGN INVESTORS" WANT TO INVEST IN NIGERIA. $100 BILLION NA BEANS TO JUST COME POUR FOR NAIJA WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS? WHEN WILL THE INVESTORS REASLISE THE CAPITAL TALK MORE OF PROFIT...NA LIE JOR! ONLY FOR THE GULLIBLE TO BELIEVE ANYTHING IN PRINT OR INTERNET MEDIA

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by 360command: 7:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
The question is WHEN WILL THEY BECOMING TO INVEST FULLY?
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Some good news here @Rossikk.

Although it is difficult to see just how a company the size of Anita Energy Ltd can possibly lead a consortium of investors with as much as $100 billion dollars to spend, I will keep the faith for now grin

Anita Energy Ltd is an Active business incorporated in England & Wales on 5th June 2002.
Their business activity is recorded as Other Business Support Service Activities N.e.c..

Anita Energy Ltd is run by 1 current members. and 1 company secretary. 1 shareholders own the total shares within the company. It is not part of a group.

The latest Annual Accounts submitted to Companies House for the year up to 30/06/2012 reported 'cash at bank' of £5,663, 'liabilities' worth £8,785, 'net worth' of £-3,122 and 'assets' worth £5,663. Anita Energy Ltd's risk score was amended on 28/03/2013.
Source

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
The lies are getting bigger and bigger by the day.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Is Finished If We Pick Wrong Chairman – Jonathan / I Remain The Authentic Edo PDP Guber Candidate- Shaibu / Edo PDP Denies Registering 8000 Militants For Edo Election, Blasts Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.