Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria (14877 Views)

FG Hands Over NITEL To NATCOM Consortium / UK Prime Minister, Cameron Lambasts Jonathan For Misusing $100 Billion Oil Money / Nigeria To Invest $100 Billion In Oil And Gas Exploration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Foreigners my foot! If Nigerians living in the diaspora alone invested well over $21bn of dollars into that economy in 2012, does that not tell you that there is money in the system but the lack of visionless leadership has stalled the rapid development of the country?

will it not be foolish to celebrate the same foreigner who was awarded contract in 2007 running into miilions of dollars without any show
Nigerians in Diaspora invested $21bn in 2012, Is that right ? And you are doubting the capacity of a CONSORTIUM to invest $100bn, Hahahahahaha, you amaze me always. Like I said, you really need to stick to your expertise, which is name calling and rumour mongering.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by rusher14: 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire: Sharrap, little man. Does the companies not known the risks before venturing ? Are you to worry about that or you are supposed to be happy that foreigners are giving Nigeria economy a pass mark ?

Why be delusional?

There's no $100 Billion for that matter coming into Nigeria from Sinopec.

Exxon the biggest of the oil players is worth a little over $400 Billion- 2011 figures ]http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2012/snapshots/387.html.

How in the world Sinopec would swing this is best imagined after a few shots of shekpe and long bouts of hunger.

To think that this project would be executed with the likes of Anita (hardly even a papa and mama business if you asked me) is laughable.

Apec's website is even more comical than anything: http://apecgroup.org/ourpeop.html

I think we all know this is not going to happen, at least not through these phantom companies and wannabes.

Let's give it a rest already. smiley

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Foreigners my foot! If Nigerians living in the diaspora alone invested well over $21bn of dollars into that economy in 2012, does that not tell you that there is money in the system but the lack of visionless leadership has stalled the rapid development of the country?

will it not be foolish to celebrate the same foreigner who was awarded contract in 2007 running into miilions of dollars without any show

Wow! I never knew of that. The only thing I was aware of was the usual $10bn, which Nigerian diasporans send to their relatives back in Nigeria.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire: You do not have to worry about that, that issues was thrashed and the lady who spearheaded the rumour was given a ban. She saw some student picture, one Guy called Chinedu on facebook and said it must be me, I am not even Igbo start with. By the time I finished with her, she was given a ban. I should be able to send you a link if I have the chance. Rumour had it that the so called Lady was just interested in my person but I didnt give a green light, so love turned to hatred.
Haha.. I really do not want to expose you here.. but beware there things known to a few on here about you that you may not realize. Again, I will advice, stick to chasing women with your fake blackberry curve pictures and avoid topical threads like these.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
@rusher14: That Apec website is indeed comical grin

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan:

Wow! I never knew of that. The only thing I was aware of was the usual $10bn, which Nigerian diasporans send to their relatives back in Nigeria.
Have a read for yourself - http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerians-abroad-to-remit-n3-28tn-in-2012-wbank/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-migrants-remitted-21bn-home-in-2012/138108/
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by rusher14: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Anyone who has been around on Nairaland for long know you are a social slack and a disgruntled element. You think We have all forgotten so soon how you used to harass girls on here with your fake pretense of being a self made million until you were exposed for the one-bedroom occupier ingrate that you are

Dude, like I said, We know your antecedent on here and you are a glorified clown.
Please send the link.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Haha.. I really do not want to expose you here.. but beware there things knowns to a few on here about you that you may not realize. Again, I will advice, stick to chasing women with your fake blackberry curve pictures and avoid topical threads like these.
Shut your silly mouth my friend, You lack any approved intelligence to down play the Economic Growth in the country, the fact, that you are poor does not mean rich people can not come to Nairaland, so I ask again, Is Nairaland meant for only the poor ? So, Billionaires can not visit nairaland ? So, if I say I am a billionaire, do you have any reason to doubt me ? What makes you think its a lie. You are just daft my friend. You can not be richer than your thoughts, you are a doubter, you can not make it bro, its not a prayer, its the reality.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ochukoccna: 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan:
*falls off 3rd mainland bridge* grin grin grin grin
Ha ha grin
Make una take am easy with NL's resident phantom billonaire cheesy cheesy
Na chop money e dey work for nah!
No burn hin laptop hustle O!
Billionaire wey dey post for NL every other hour everyday dey hardworking O! grin grin

@ thread,
For a government in dire need of good news to counter its penchant for negativity, this is another Vulcan Energy Scam investment undecided
Whose heard of Vulcan do any thing other than the initial press story
Have they started to build those refineries away from paper plans & press releases yet undecided
Like Vulcan Energy,this consortium has no visible web traffic
A COMPANY SEEKING TO INVEST $100 billion HAS NO VISIBLE WEB TRAFFIC! cheesy
Government Magic grin

nnafather: I hope it's not another slave master? We are tired of modern slavery
My exact thoughts too
$100 billion no be beans. money

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 10:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigerians in Diaspora invested $21bn in 2012, Is that right ? And you are doubting the capacity of a CONSORTIUM to invest $100bn, Hahahahahaha, you amaze me always. Like I said, you really need to stick to your expertise, which is name calling and rumour mongering.
Do you really have an idea what $100bn is Do you know how many Banks that will be required to finance such a business venture? Even if it State backed, do you know how many State Credit Agency will be required?

Sometimes I wonder how some of you think! To add insult to injury, two out of the three companies claiming to be technical partners have bank accounts that can only be comparable to a "FISH & CHIPS" shop going into administration

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
ochukoccna:
Ha ha grin
Make una take am easy with NL's resident phantom billonaire cheesy cheesy
Na chop money e dey work for nah!
No burn hin laptop hustle O!
Billionaire wey dey post for NL every other hour everyday dey hardworking O! grin grin

@ thread,
For a government in dire need of good news to counter its penchant for negativity, this is another Vulcan Energy Scam investment undecided
Whose heard of Vulcan do any thing other than the initial press story
Have they started to build those refineries away from paper plans & press releases yet undecided
Like Vulcan Energy,this consortium has no visible web traffic
A COMPANY SEEKING TO INVEST $100 billion HAS NO VISIBLE WEB TRAFFIC! cheesy
Government Magic grin

My exact thoughts too
$100 billion no be beans. money

Another daft fellow, 90% of the time I type on Nairaland is via BB, iPad or Slate. I hardly use a laptop, right now, I could be on the backseat of my car and the driver is driving me back from work, does it stop me from typing. Most of you are dafter than I actually thought.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:
Shut your silly mouth my friend, You lack any approved intelligence to down play the Economic Growth in the country, the fact, that you are poor does not mean rich people can not come to Nairaland, so I ask again, Is Nairaland meant for only the poor ? So, Billionaires can not visit nairaland ? So, if I say I am a billionaire, do you have any reason to doubt me ? What makes you think its a lie. You are just daft my friend. You can not be richer than your thoughts, you are a doubter, you can not make it bro, its not a prayer, its the reality.

I will tell you this for nothing; you've missed your true vocation in life.
You have all the makings of a great comedian. grin

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Have a read for yourself - http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerians-abroad-to-remit-n3-28tn-in-2012-wbank/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-migrants-remitted-21bn-home-in-2012/138108/

That is impressive!!That's over N3 trillion.In other words, they remitted the equivalent of 60% of the federal budget.
Blimey!
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:
The mere fact that you troll NL all day is a clear indicator that you are jobless. As you may well have known by now, I live very comfortably by Gods grace outside of Nigeria and I have my investments in Nigeria employing people and putting food on their table every day. Need I remind you that it is people like me by God's grace that remitted over $21bn into Nigeria's economy in 2012 alone? I tell you, if the UK were to receive on the average continued stream of investment worth $1.75bn every month, by now the economy would be booming again! But the same can not be said of Nigeria at present because of visionless leadership.

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:

Another daft fellow, 90% of the time I type on Nairaland is via BB, iPad or Slate. I hardly use a laptop, right now, I could be on the backseat of my car and the driver is driving me back from work, does it stop me from typing. Most of you are dafter than I actually thought.

You are a potential oga at the top cool

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Do you really have an idea what $100bn is Do you know how many Banks that will be required to finance such a business venture? Even if it State backed, do you know how many State Credit Agency will be required?

Sometimes I wonder how some of you think! To add insult to injury, two out of the three companies claiming to be technical partners have bank accounts that can only be comparable to a "FISH & CHIPS" shop going into administration

$100 sounds like a lot, but Dangote Group alone has invested $10b in Nigeria, Nna nawao. We are talking about investment in Power Sector, Oil/Gas and Banking Sectors here, and as far as its sovereign project monitored by CBN, then finance houses will scramble to provide terminal funding.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:

cheesy cheesy Oga mi... egbon .. I didnt know you have a slate, ipad, and BB cheesy cheesy cheesy ... self made millionaire indeed wink

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan:

You are a potential oga at the top cool
cheesy cheesy Dude, His got the talent... where's SIMON COWELL when you need Him cheesy

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
At Omo Tier1: If Nigerian citizens abroad can remit a whopping $21bn back home, what stops wealthy Nigerians and other private companies from setting up a mega Nigerian airline? If need be, Arik can be merged with another domestic airline, in addition to the start-up funds that will be injected by wealthy Nigerians.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ekoilee: 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billy the goat aka NL grand comedian is on a roll today... See comedy galore.

Abeg take.am easy on billy the goat...
Lmao...

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The mere fact that you troll NL all day is a clear indicator that you are jobless. As you may well have known by now, I live very comfortably by Gods grace outside of Nigeria and I have my investments in Nigeria employing people and putting food on their table every day. Need I remind you that it is people like me by God's grace that remitted over $21bn into Nigeria's economy in 2012 alone? I tell you, if the UK were to receive on the average continued stream of investment worth $1.75bn every month, by now the economy would be booming again! But the same can not be said of Nigeria at present because of visionless leadership.
slowpoke, my phones (BB and Galaxy) and iPad are online real time 247 x 365 so, yes, I am online, you are poor if you can not afford to put yours online. Do not blame me for that. I am not suffering, I got people on my payroll buddy, so I can rest and have fun on Nairaland. I am almost retiring and believe me I will be here for long. You can afford to run around pursuing peanuts. Nigeria will be great because people like me are here to rejoice for good news, but for people like you, I feel sorry for the kids you will bring to this world with your heights of pessimism!
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
MOU capital of the world

these guys probably even got free flight class tickets to the capital by their nigerian connect,
Just imagine what that picture will be worth soon.together with 'friend of the presidency' card

they'll be shipped to LG, state government level snap up some free land,consultancy projects etc etc

chei nigeria sweet o
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
eko ilee: Billy the goat aka NL grand comedian is on a roll today... See comedy galore.

Abeg take.am easy on billy the goat...
Lmao...
You keep getting banned due to your attitude of name calling ? Have you ever seen me banned. No! Cos am a good guy, am a great guy. You have several monika due to your rants and insults. Do not insult me!
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:

$100 sounds like a lot, but Dangote Group alone has invested $10b in Nigeria, Nna nawao. We are talking about investment in Power Sector, Oil/Gas and Banking Sectors here, and as far as its sovereign project monitored by CBN, then finance houses will scramble to provide terminal funding.
Common sense should dictate to you that dangote's huge business portfolio alone will secure Him cheap loans from emerging economies like India, Malaysia, etc. not a company whose balance book is like individual whose self bankrupt.

Dude use your common sense! We all want Nigeria to develop rapidly but not with phantom projects like these ones. The money to rapidly develop Nigeria is in Nigeria. All we need is sensible, focus and determined leadership to harness that money. Every foreign investor that comes into the economy is going to rip you off x3 because of the poor currency and other social factors adverse to doing safe business in the country and at the end, you are left with virtually nothing as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
Dis Guy: MOU capital of the world
these guys probably even got free flight class tickets to the capital by their nigerian connect,
Just imagine what that picture will be worth soon.together with 'friend of the presidency' card

they'll be shipped to LG, state government level snap up some free land,consultancy projects etc etc

chei nigeria sweet o

GBAM! There should be around 1000s of MOU signed in Nigeria since last year alone grin

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Common sense should dictate to you that dangote's huge business portfolio alone will secure Him cheap loans from emerging economies like India, Malaysia, etc. not a company whose balance book is like individual whose self bankrupt.

Dude use your common sense! We all want Nigeria to develop rapidly but not with phantom projects like these ones. The money to rapidly develop Nigeria is in Nigeria. All we need is sensible, focus and determined leadership to harness that money. Every foreign investor that comes into the economy is going to rip you off x3 because of the poor currency and other social factors adverse to doing safe business in the country and at the end, you are left with virtually nothing as a nation.
You are a pessimist, that is understandable. But the question I ask you always, is, How does it bother you, if the Consortium take risk to invest in your country, despite the fact that you do not love your country and do not believe things can work ?
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
CFCfan: At Omo Tier1: If Nigerian citizens abroad can remit a whopping $21bn back home, what stops wealthy Nigerians and other private companies from setting up a mega Nigerian airline? If need be, Arik can be merged with another domestic airline, in addition to the start-up funds that will be injected by wealthy Nigerians.
Airline operations is serious business that requires HUGE cash flow 24/7. Buying aircraft is one thing, to keep the Aircraft flying everyday, you need CASH at hand as most of the services render by third party are paid up front in most cases due to stiff competition. And I am sorry to say, Nigeria businessmen lack the business acumen to survive in an industry like Aerospace.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Airline operations is serious business that requires HUGE cash flow 24/7. Buying aircraft is one thing, to keep the Aircraft flying everyday, you need CASH at hand as most of the services render by third party are paid up front in most cases due to stiff competition. And I am sorry to say, Nigeria businessmen lack the business acumen to survive in an industry like Aerospace.

Look at the blanket Statement he is making, height of ignorance. A country of approx. 160 million people, and he concludes that Nigeria businessmen lack acumen. Its shameful and hasty generalization.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by chuquiz(m): 11:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
Goddex: The Nigerian economy is the toast of investors around the world. Thanks to a sound management of the economy by a sound economic team. Weldone GEJ, Weldone Okonjo - Iweala, Weldone Aganga.

and how has this stat impacted on the life of the ordinary Nigerian without electric or running water,
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire: You are a pessimist, that is understandable. But the question I ask you always, is, How does it bother you, if the Consortium take risk to invest in your country, despite the fact that you do not love your country and do not believe things can work ?
Contrary to your assertions, I have investment in the country, paying taxes, employing people and putting food on the table! I could have decided to invest all of that here and still have my peace. But I believe in Nigeria, and I know Nigeria is great, but I believe we can do so much better by being honest, and telling ourselves the hard truth that We are heading in the wrong direction if we continue to do things this way! But clowns like you whose trade and daily chore is praise singing (because that is how you are able to feed daily it seems) cannot clearly see how much faster the nation can develop within 5 years with a focused and steadied leadership.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Wow, surely a Dangote/Adenuga can recruit Nigerian MBA graduates or businesspeople who have experience in airline management. The billionaires would just be responsible for paying wages and other costs, no?
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:

Look at the blanket Statement he is making, height of ignorance. A country of approx. 160 million people, and he concludes that Nigeria businessmen lack acumen. Its shameful and hasty generalization.
This is a FACT known by any expert in this field. Arik Air is surviving today because she's got the backing of those in power. Aero is "kissing" the grave of bankruptcy less than two years after the Dutch handed the company over to Nigeria businessmen! Go figure out. Even Tinubu's Nation Airways is crawling ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House / Obaseki Congratulates Lyon, Bello On Victory At Guber Polls / Buhari: All LGs Once Controlled By Boko Haram Have Been Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.