Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria (14876 Views)

FG Hands Over NITEL To NATCOM Consortium / UK Prime Minister, Cameron Lambasts Jonathan For Misusing $100 Billion Oil Money / Nigeria To Invest $100 Billion In Oil And Gas Exploration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:

You are not adequately informed. You can stick to politics where you have little knowledge of its dynamics than use sentiments on Business which is purely acumen based. A company providing Technical Expertise in any Joint Venture or Equity Partnership does not need to have a kobo on its balance sheet. The party providing the funding is where lies the Proof of Funds. Even, at that, they do not even need to be upfront 100%, cos finance houses can always bankroll any venture with prospective ROI and profiteering. This Pessimism is why you smoke Garri while I fly in private jets. Be Positive!

You are too daft to know this is just a ruse. This is a ploy to decieve the masses that Nigerian government is bringing investors to the country. This is very sad that someone like you cannot see through this nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ifegy: 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:
Why Does that bother you ? That information may have been addressed in the fine-prints of their MoU structures. They are bringing in money and expertise. What concerns us is what they can offer and how beneficial it is to our economy.

What should concern us is how a negative-net-worth, sole-shareholder, two-directorship company with five thousand pounds in the bank is going to bring something beneficial in money ($100 billion) and expertise to a country of over 150 million people.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by MANOSUB(m): 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
Its a good thing for the country only if they are not coming to exploit like MTN and some other foreign companies. Telecommunication is good because we need more competitors in that area. In Oil and gas, i think we should be careful. What our govt do not realize is that, he who has control of power can dictate which way the economy goes. It can also be use as a means to cripple other companies. The other thing i am worried about is why they are interested in the banking sector, what happens to our vibrant banking sector? It seems to me that they dont trust us or care about the growth of our economy and therefore will do anything to protect their selfish interest by quickly gathering what they can from us, just like what MTN did. I use this opportunity to call on all Nigerians and those piloting the affairs of our dear country to look critically into this and not to be too quick in what they can get.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifegy:

What should concern us is how a negative-net-worth, sole-shareholder, two-directorship company with five thousand pounds in the bank is going to bring something beneficial in money ($100 billion) and expertise to a country of over 150 million people.

You are so funny, bro. The confused "billionaire" is very daft.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
cramjones: THIS IS A BIG FAT LIE - AN ATTEMPT BY THE GOVERNMENT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE "FOREIGN INVESTORS" WANT TO INVEST IN NIGERIA. $100 BILLION NA BEANS TO JUST COME POUR FOR NAIJA WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS? WHEN WILL THE INVESTORS REASLISE THE CAPITAL TALK MORE OF PROFIT...NA LIE JOR! ONLY FOR THE GULLIBLE TO BELIEVE ANYTHING IN PRINT OR INTERNET MEDIA

You are the very ignorant one here. According to the Economist magazine. between 2005 to 2010 China has invested a total of roughly $48 billion in Africa. Just to remind you, China is becoming Africa's biggest investment partner and it is the 2nd largest economy in the world behind the US. It has so many "billionaire status" companies, yet in a 5-year period they invested a total of $48billion. Won't you be an i.diot to then believe that one company from no where or the so called "Foriegn consortium" is investing $100. In WHAT? If i may ask. You must be very FOOL>ISH to believe this BULL CRAP!

Firstly, there was nothing in the article suggesting that all the funds were to come from China.

Secondly, you're peddling 2005 dated news. Here's something more recent from the Wall St. Journal, showing a TRIPLING of Chinese investment in Africa every 3 years!

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/02/25/bank-chinas-africa-investment-to-jump-70-by-2015/

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by bigboss80s(m): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
A company that will invest $100 billion does not have a website, but is listed on the website of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission. I hope we are not this gullible.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ifegy: 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Rossikk:

You're peddling 2005 dated news. Here's something more recent from the Wall St. Journal, showing a TRIPLING of Chinese investment in Africa every 3 years!

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/02/25/bank-chinas-africa-investment-to-jump-70-by-2015/

In any case, there's nothing to suggest that all the funds are coming from China.

Em, quote from the wsj blog linked above is as follows:

"According to a forecast statement from South Africa’s Standard Bank, Africa’s largest bank, investment from China into Africa is likely to hit $50 billion by 2015, up 70% from 2009."

Not quite sure how that forecast $50 billion investment for the whole of Africa by 2015 ties in with the proposed $100 billion investment in just one country currently being discussed.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
payless:

You are too daft to know this is just a ruse. This is a ploy to decieve the masses that Nigerian government is bringing investors to the country. This is very sad that someone like you cannot see through this nonsense.
Keep your mouth shut, why would the Government deceive Nigerian masses ? I do not expect you to process information well, cos you sound psychotic.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifegy:

Em, quote from the wsj blog linked above is as follows:

"According to a forecast statement from South Africa’s Standard Bank, Africa’s largest bank, investment from China into Africa is likely to hit $50 billion by 2015, up 70% from 2009."

Not quite sure how that forecast $50 billion investment for the whole of Africa by 2015 ties in with the proposed $100 billion investment in just one country currently being discussed.

Who said all the money was coming from China?
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifegy:

You lack basic Knowledge of how Joint Venture Partnership work, It is the truth. The Australian Firm is the Financier of the joint Venture. Why not look them up!
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
bigboss80s: [b][/b]A company that will invest $100 billion does not have a website, but is listed on the website of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission. I hope we are not this gullible.

Even the GEJ agent who posted this topic about the investment knew this must be a wash. The poster knew himself when he was posting it that it is a ruse, but posted it anyway just to show GEJ administartion is doing something.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ifegy: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
Rossikk:

Who said all the money was coming from China?

Em, not quite sure any money is coming from anywhere at the moment, to be frank.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ifegy: 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:

You lack basic Knowledge of how Joint Venture Partnership work, It is the truth. The Australian Firm is the Financier of the joint Venture. Why not look them up!

Funny, I actually did look up the Australian firm, APEC logic, and here's what I found:

About APEC LOGIC INVESTMENTS

Website
http://www.apecgroup.org
Industry
Financial Services
Type
Privately Held
Company Size
1-10 employees

Source: http://www.linkedin.com/company/apec-logic-investments

Not sure how a ten person company is going to come up with funding for a $100 billion investment.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ochukoccna: 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
For a government in dire need of good news to counter its penchant for negativity, this is another Vulcan Energy Scam investment undecided
Whose heard of Vulcan do any thing other than the initial press story
Have they started to build those refineries away from paper plans & press releases yet undecided
Like Vulcan Energy,this consortium has no visible web traffic
A COMPANY SEEKING TO INVEST $100 billion HAS NO VISIBLE WEB TRAFFIC! cheesy
Government Magic grin

nnafather: I hope it's not another slave master? We are tired of modern slavery
My exact thoughts too
$100 billion no be beans. money

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifegy:

Em, not quite sure any money is coming from anywhere at the moment, to be frank.

Sure. The Central Bank of Nigeria Deputy Governor just wanted a photo op with a couple of guys off the street. Makes perfect sense.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifegy:

$100 billion dollar question.
Please cease fire! cheesy
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
payless:

You are so funny, bro. The confused "billionaire" is very daft.
I have no response for financial handicaps with zero business acumen. I can swear with 100% assurances that you have never been involved in any joint ventures or even written a business plan in your life. I know how this works, and I am telling with 100% certainty that 'Technical Partners' in any "Joint Ventures or Equity Partnership" do not need Proof of Funds or liquidity. The Financing partners and the banks have duty in providing funding whenever the project is approved. Go and sit down, poor rabbit. You are talking to one greatest minds in business profiteering.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by rusher14: 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
oyb:

you must think being a businessman is by writing billionaire on walls like a schoolchild

'finance houses' cheesy cheesy cheesy - you think we are talking forum savings and loan scheme here cheesy cheesy cheesy

A billion likes
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire: Keep your mouth shut, why would the Government deceive Nigerian masses ? I do not expect you to process information well, cos you sound psychotic.

I knew all along you must be daft. You asked me why would Nigerian Government deceive the masses, I will let the government actions of the past speak for themselves. You are talking about present and past governements or admisnistrations who promise its citizens at every election cycle that power failures would be a thing of the past, and a government who always promise to combat corruption but practices corruption. There is no government that deceives its citizens more than the way Nigeria does. Fact!

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
There isn't actually a shortage of investment funds in the world. There is just a shortage of credible business ideas that can persuade investors to part with their capital. Which makes this nonsense about ''China invested only $50 billion so far'' a very flawed argument. $100 billion is nothing to China. If some solid investment programmes are presented, the funds will flood in.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ifegy: 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
Rossikk:

Sure. The Central Bank of Nigeria Deputy Governor just wanted a photo op with a couple of guys off the street. Makes perfect sense.

Frankly, that would probably make more sense than this particular investment.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
On a more serious note, what is to say Anita Energy Ltd is not a front for some retired military general?

BY JULIANA TAIWO, 13 APRIL 2007
Abuja — The Federal Government yesterday issued two more licences to Anita Energy Limited and Bresson Nigeria Limited to build independent power projects (IPPs) in Agbara and Magboro respectively, in Ogun State at the cost of 170 million euros.

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Dr. Ransome Owan, said at the launching of the logo and identity of NERC that so far 10 licences had been issued to prospective investors to generate and distribute power to Nigerians.
Source

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
payless:

I knew all along you must be daft. You asked me why would Nigerian Government deceive the masses, I will let the government actions of the past speak for themselves. You are talking about present and past governements or admisnistrations who promise its citizens at every election cycle that power failures would be a thing of the past, and a government who always promise to combat corruption but practices corruption. There is no government that deceives its citizens more than the way Nigeria does. Fact!
You are beating around the bush, we have a discourse here and you are already meandering and calling names. Guess which types of human beings resort to name-calling when confronted with fact ? I am sorry, I can not be seen arguing with inglorious elements, few real humans know my monika here. Your pessimism is why you hardly have the best things in life. Stop insulting the Presidency of Nigeria, the Government is working harder than you, The government is doing their job even though they are slow. But, have you done your job as a citizen ? No, you are busy running your mouth like a gutter.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire:

You are not adequately informed. You can stick to politics where you have little knowledge of its dynamics than use sentiments on Business which is purely acumen based. A company providing Technical Expertise in any Joint Venture or Equity Partnership does not need to have a kobo on its balance sheet. The party providing the funding is where lies the Proof of Funds. Even, at that, they do not even need to be upfront 100%, cos finance houses can always bankroll any venture with prospective ROI and profiteering. This Pessimism is why you smoke Garri while I fly in private jets. Be Positive!
Technical expertise my foot. Do you even have an idea of what company valuation and risk portfolio is all about? Let me educate you a little, in today's business climate, every technical partner is a RISK SHARING PARTNER, RSP, meaning they will need to have some liquidity backing from a financial firm to be able to engage in serious business.

So in your shallow wisdom, you would expect a company wanting to invest in a country billions of dollars would engage a nonentity of a company whose financial books is comparable to that of bankrupt entity? No seriously, you really think any serious investor will engage such a company as a technical partner except such a company wants to engage in fraud? I really do not know how some of you think. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
Rossikk: There isn't actually a shortage of investment funds in the world. There is just a shortage of credible business ideas that can persuade investors to part with their capital. which makes this nonsense about ''China invested only %50 billion so far'' a very flawed argument. $100 billion is nothing to China. If some solid investment programmes are presented, the funds will flood in.

I agree with you on this. China is ready to invest anywhere in the world if the atmosphere is right. The $100B investment is a ruse. This was just a photo-ops to show the public something is actually going on. I looked-up the Anita Energy company and I could not find a single past achievement of that company.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifegy:

Frankly, that would probably make more sense than this particular investment.

I'm willing to bet you'll change your tune as the nation transforms over the next decade in an avalanche of millions of new jobs, advanced roads, solid power supply and high speed rail.
Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire: You are beating around the bush, we have a discourse here and you are already meandering and calling names. Guess which types of human beings resort to name-calling when confronted with fact ? I am sorry, I can not be seen arguing with inglorious elements, few real humans know my monika here. Your pessimism is why you hardly have the best things in life. Stop insulting the Presidency of Nigeria, the Government is working harder than you, The government is doing their job even though they are slow. But, have you done your job as a citizen ? No, you are busy running your mouth like a gutter.

You are a deflated clown.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by ifegy: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
eGuerrilla: On a more serious note, what is to say Anita Energy Ltd is not a front for some retired military general?

BY JULIANA TAIWO, 13 APRIL 2007
Abuja — The Federal Government yesterday issued two more licences to Anita Energy Limited and Bresson Nigeria Limited to build independent power projects (IPPs) in Agbara and Magboro respectively, in Ogun State at the cost of 170 million euros.

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Dr. Ransome Owan, said at the launching of the logo and identity of NERC that so far 10 licences had been issued to prospective investors to generate and distribute power to Nigerians.

Source

Hmm, interesting to note that 6 years after it received a multi-million Euro contract, Anita Energy apparently only has five thousand pounds cash in the bank. What happened to the contract money?

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire: I have no response for financial handicaps with zero business acumen. I can swear with 100% assurances that you have never been involved in any joint ventures or even written a business plan in your life. I know how this works, and I am telling with 100% certainty that 'Technical Partners' in any "Joint Ventures or Equity Partnership" do not need Proof of Funds or liquidity. The Financing partners and the banks have duty in providing funding whenever the project is approved. Go and sit down, poor rabbit. You are talking to one greatest minds in business profiteering.

Any sensible person will decipher that this is just a news and it cannever happen, they r just given us high hopes. But u, billy,Always ready to die for GEJ the re*tard, well am not surprised, ;rats from d same mother flock 2geda. Am sure u would lick his smelly ass if need be. SMH#

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
Rossikk:

I'm willing to bet you'll change your tune as the nation transforms over the next decade in an avalanche of advanced roads, solid power supply and high speed rail.
Mr wish washy, this in no news, even a five years old child will predict this, we are tired of tomorrow this tomorrow that. The way a man lays the foundation of a house tells you the kind of building He intends to build upon it lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Gooogle(m): 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
Billyonaire: I have no response for financial handicaps with zero business acumen. I can swear with 100% assurances that you have never been involved in any joint ventures or even written a business plan in your life. I know how this works, and I am telling with 100% certainty that 'Technical Partners' in any "Joint Ventures or Equity Partnership" do not need Proof of Funds or liquidity. The Financing partners and the banks have duty in providing funding whenever the project is approved. Go and sit down, poor rabbit. You are talking to one greatest minds in business profiteering.

Bros, calm down. Not in the europe that I have lived and done business. You go school at all

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Consortium To Invest $100 BILLION In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Technical expertise my foot. Do you even have an idea of what company valuation and risk portfolio is all about? Let me educate you a little, in today's business climate, every technical partner is a RISK SHARING PARTNER, RSP, meaning they will need to have some liquidity backing from a financial firm to be able to engage in serious business.

So in your shallow wisdom, you would expect a company wanting to invest in a country billions of dollars would engage a nonentity of a company whose financial books is comparable to that of bankrupt entity? No seriously, you really think any serious investor will engage such a company as a technical partner except such a company wants to engage in fraud? I really do not know how some of you think. undecided
So after all this grammar. Which company do you call nonentity, cos that's the foundation of your mistake. You do not have to educate me on the things you know not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari With Other AU Presidents At 26th Summit In Addis Ababa - Photos / Justice Ademola’s Acquittal: Presidency Frowns As FG Appeals Judgment / Dele Momodu: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar And The Verdict Of Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.