Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication (17630 Views)

SSS Used Israeli Company To Plant Spy Bugs All Over Aso Villa – Idris Ahmed / SSS Used Israeli Company To Plant Spy Bugs All Over Aso Villa / Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by 360command: 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
I really do have problems with israel who are the ones helping us monitor our cyberspace. I know this guys are good but they have no clear interest with africans. A country built by refugees but they do not want refugees in their country . Their prime minister once said that ' african migrants are a threat to their economy and security ' . My point is , I hate countries who hates us and I see no reason why we should do business with them of any kind.especially when it comes to be the ones who will be in charge of the monitoring group of our cyber space. God forgive me but I hate Israel.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by OmoTier1(m): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
OkparaIgbo:

Is it that this is another propaganda tool by the GEJ haters or that Nigerians have no clue on English comprehension or is it that the subject have become obsolete that it is no longer taught and some nigerian graduates have become this low academically.. From the information on the supposed companies website which is clearly quoted above, it says it has been contracted to [size=14pt]SUPPLY INTELLIGENCE ANALYSIS AND CYBER DEFENCE EQUIPMENTS[/size], not "Monitor Nigerians cyper space from Isreal" as purported. Why has the media turned against Nigeria's best president ever to discredit his tenure via propaganda... shocked shocked angry angry. Abeg GEJ Carry dey go, we the progressives and unbiased citizens have decided to keep you in Aso Rock till 2019..Let the disgrunted few do their worse..Nonsense
It is obvious that it is people like you that lack the mental capacity to understand that any software can send encrypted message that can be analyzed anywhere around the world! IF I have access to the the packet data of Nigerians by "remote sensing", with today's advancement in digital spy, I can keep an eye on Nigerians from anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by PGON(m): 5:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
Why involving foreign company in a local affair.

Hope it is not true. Well trained Nigerian Graduates can do better.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by taharqa: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Mr.Bow:
My Fellow Nigerians, How is This a welcome developement? Sometime I wonder what really happening to our sense of reasoning? a This is a shame,Jonathan administration, is watching you, and your communication is no longer safe.The Jonathan administration secretly, and in open violation of lawful contracting procedures, has awarded an Israeli firm, Elbit Systems, with headquarters in Haifa, a $40million contract to help it spy on citizens’ computers and Internet communications under the guise of intelligence gathering and national security. THIS MUST BE STOP.... IMMEDIATELY, as we are No longer safe in this country, Nothing the government do for her citizen and now they want to monitor and take away our privacy? is this Normal? When will Nigerian Feel the Impact of GEJ administration ? No Hope, No security, No power? No healthcare, No Good road and Now Our right is been Voilated... all we do here is sit and compliment ...
Will you plz keep yr mouth SHUT? I hate it when peeps asserts tins in public they know nothing about with plenty words, making zero sense
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by cap28: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
OkparaIgbo:

Is it that this is another propaganda tool by the GEJ haters or that Nigerians have no clue on English comprehension or is it that the subject have become obsolete that it is no longer taught and some nigerian graduates have become this low academically.. From the information on the supposed companies website which is clearly quoted above, it says it has been contracted to [size=14pt]SUPPLY INTELLIGENCE ANALYSIS AND CYBER DEFENCE EQUIPMENTS[/size], not "Monitor Nigerians cyper space from Isreal" as purported. Why has the media turned against Nigeria's best president ever to discredit his tenure via propaganda... shocked shocked angry angry. Abeg GEJ Carry dey go, we the progressives and unbiased citizens have decided to keep you in Aso Rock till 2019..Let the disgrunted few do their worse..Nonsense

It appears that you are the one with major comprehension problems as you dont seem to have read and understood your own post- this is what the system does:

A highly advanced end-to-end solution, WiT™ [b]supports every stage of the intelligence process, including the collection of the data from multiple sources, databases and sensors, processing of the information, supporting intelligence personnel in the analysis and evaluation of the information and disseminating the intelligence to the intended recipient.
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by funnyx(m): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
All those applauding the govt for this move should remember that very soon the table will turn with a change of govt, if the next Nigerian president happen to be a Hausa/Fulani I hope you will be glad to take the same stand you're taking now?
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
gboss4sure: Is time to track down this yahoo yahoo guys and terrorist. Every country monitors their internet activities including the USA so i don't see anything wrong with this law unless you have something to hide then you should be afraid.

Nigerians have every reason to be concerned about the machinations of a government bent of deploying snooping tools, in the absence of a viable policy framework. In saner climes, what precedes first is a public debate that not only sensitizes citizens about the need for a change in direction, but also the remit of any monitoring agencies. Has either happened yet?
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by gentleoyink: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
It is obvious that it is people like you that lack the mental capacity to understand that any software can send encrypted message that can be analyzed anywhere around the world! IF I have access to the the packet data of Nigerians by "remote sensing", with today's advancement in digital spy, I can keep an eye on Nigerians from anywhere in the world.

so in your high mental capacity you think our internet communication was not being monitored since by other countries? The NIgerian government is just purchasing the equipment so that they can also monitor it also.

In the name of opposition, your guys will refuse to use your heads
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by cap28: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
The Israelis also supplied the aparthied govt of south africa with surveillance equipment which was used to spy on black south africans, they were business partners with south africa and did everythign possible to help them militarily and economically when that country was under sanctions from other countries and now Goodluck Jonathan invites these racists to come and help him spy on his own people .

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by searay(m): 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ok. Abu Qaqa go post video for youtube
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by konami001: 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
You people talk as if Jonatus has a choice... nor be people handpick am from inside fishing canoe come put for Aso Rock?
He must obey im masters men...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by mrjingles(m): 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
Is it possible to deploy this system to monitor what is happening in our classrooms? because from most posts here its clear most of our youth are not getting any education or they don't show up in class. Monitoring comms is almost routine for any country serious with its security, if you don't have the tech then buy it.

For those talking about privacy please google ECHELON, read up then come back here and repeat what you posted earlier. Even blackberry with its heavily encrypted comms was given a very simple choice by most govts: give us access or leave our country, they had to give in. If you think no one is monitoring you in the "civilized" world, go to the US and send an email with the words "cocaine" and "bomb" and you will know that shoe get size.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Carsonv(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
mjconcept: This is a very good move but involving a foreign company how safe are we?

So do you have any company or atleast any individual from your village to handle it? Or do you think its opening and closing Mozilla Firefox?
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by mrvictor: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
Nice Move!!
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by pekelepekele(m): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
gboss4sure: Is time to track down this yahoo yahoo guys and terrorist. Every country monitors their internet activities including the USA so i don't see anything wrong with this law unless you have something to hide then you should be afraid.

You are a joker my friend. If Israel is monitoring Nigerians pc it means we can never mess up with them . They will be saving all our datas your company information , even the president information will also be stolen and you will be surprise to hear of a new app that gives information about Africa that google , yahoo and facebook are struggling to buy . Mtcheww.
privacy means a lot if it has no meaning to you and other readers
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by 4Play(m): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
pekelepekele:

You are a joker my friend. If Israel is monitoring Nigerians pc it means we can never mess up with them . They will be saving all our datas your company information , even the president information will also be stolen and you will be surprise to hear of a new app that gives information about Africa that google , yahoo and facebook are struggling to buy . Mtcheww.
privacy means a lot if it has no meaning to you and other readers

Do you seriously think that Israel, the US or UK do not have presently have the capacity to access our security agencies' IT systems? This contract is immaterial as nations like Nigeria have no military secrets that the world's great military powers cannot presently obtain. We do not produce the computers and software that our military and intelligence units use, we are not exposing anything they don't already know.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by creativino: 7:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
Well done Good luck

But you should also set up a committee to monitor this company in case of violating SLA

grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by dramendra: 7:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
Who are the fools praising gej? Its a political move to spy on opposition party that my God grace will kill and bury PDP.
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Ebestsmscom: 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
No yawaaah TIGHTENING SECURITY.

LETS WATCH AND SEE WHO WILL WIN.

NL wizards, let take cover before it's too late.

UP 9JA.
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by otokx(m): 7:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
Another reason to get me a blackberry and leave em androids.
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by pekelepekele(m): 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
4 Play:

Do you seriously think that Israel, the US or UK do not have presently have the capacity to access our security agencies' IT systems? This contract is immaterial as nations like Nigeria have no military secrets that the world's great military powers cannot presently obtain. We do not produce the computers and software that our military and intelligence units use, we are not exposing anything they don't already know.

You are so right about that . What I just see here is a spy and report contract which means Israel won't only be spying on the very important people in the country as am very sure they are doing before and just as you have stated above but they will start doing that 2 on every individuals . I just don't feel comfortable about it and does it mean this doesn't worth what they should debate about before awarding the contract? ., I mean we are talking about our privacy here with 46million pc users more than many other countries entire population. Just 2 bad of this GEJ administration , Very soon this man will place Nigeria up for auction
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Capnd143(m): 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
SmoothLIFE: Niger-Area takes another new LOW!

Only Ghanaian RULE can SAVE West Africa!!!
Dunce! Ghanian rule can save West africa? Then why dnt you start ruling? We wont even need ill-train Cops to handle you guys, because only MEND Can erase your entirely existence! How does tracking inteligence prove that nigeria is going LOW? It rather shows how LOW your IQ is!
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
maclatunji: Spying on your people. What is our government afraid of? You tell me if you know.
some of us, not referring 2 U are hiding the boko men.... So somehow as u are not hiding anything, no need to be afraid bro
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2013
50calibre: Why Israeli company? GEJ had better be carefully, Israel has no interest of anyone in mind except for their own Zionist agenda.

I would have preferred an American or European or even asian company
we know people like you and what they are hiding. So keep quiet itz an old story
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
SmoothLIFE: Niger-Area takes another new LOW!

Only Ghanaian RULE can SAVE West Africa!!!
ghananian urang utag
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
Melahou:
what is good about the move?
is it given a contract to what Nigerians can do to a foreign country or
allowing a foreign country to spy and possibly sell our defense system to other nations

instead of sending Nigerians for advance training and improving our military intelligence system
we are here wasting public funds
RUBBISH embarassed
which defence system?
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Flirtyfemi: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Ochek: 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
yuzedo: Huh? undecided undecided undecided

You mean GEJ want to watch me watching po.rn?? What he wanna do, jack off to me jacking off?? undecided undecided undecided

Hia! So this re the kinda stuff you know how to do with ur internet access? Na wa o! I need to tell ur mama about this.
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
The way you wrote this NONSENSE , I WILL CLASSIFY YOU AND YOUR PRESS AS ENEMIES OF NIGERIA.WE WANT TO STOP TERRORISM, YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED. GEJ RIDE ON. WE WILL CATCH THOSE HUMAN KILLERS.STUPID PEOPLE THAT WANTS US DIVIDE AND GO TO WAR. SHAME ON YOU.
eGuerrilla: This is some earth shaking revelation!

Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Ochek: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
Hahahaha! Jokers!! Na today? This great nations ve been tracking all ur internet communications since it's existence. By the way, where re we getting our mega bands from. All the optic fibres, where re they finally hooked up to? It only has been made official like - Oya make una come do am make we get some report ma rather than keeping it all to urself.
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
iheanyiebeneze: The way you wrote this NONSENSE , I WILL CLASSIFY YOU AND YOUR PRESS AS ENEMIES OF NIGERIA.WE WANT TO STOP TERRORISM, YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED. GEJ RIDE ON. WE WILL CATCH THOSE HUMAN KILLERS.STUPID PEOPLE THAT WANTS US DIVIDE AND GO TO WAR. SHAME ON YOU.

Lay off the crack pipe Chief, it is clearly not doing your thinking ability any favour.
Re: Jonathan Contracts Israeli Company To Monitor Internet Communication by AGBORMAN1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
Good move. Long Long overdue. Dont be afraid if u got nothing to hide.
In the West, we are monitored. Big Brother is watching us 24/7..
That is why crime is very Low.. U

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP In Jigawa Expels Deputy Governor Over Sabotage / Obaseki Hijacks Oshiomhole's Loyalists, Moves To Take Over Edo APC Structure / We Are Not Ready To Go To War — Yoruba Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.