Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders (8281 Views)

Senators, Reps Want SAN Title / Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch / Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by BIODUN78: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
PERIMETER FENCE GOOD IDEA, BUT NOT OUR PRIORITY RIGHT NOW. IF THAT PROJECT IIS EMBARK ON, SO MANY BILLIONS OF NAIRA, THAT SUPPOSE TO GO FOR PRESSING PROJECT WILL BE USED. ALSO WITH THE BAD AND CORRUPT PROFILE OF HANDLING PROJECT BY THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT, LETS HOLD IT FOR NOW.

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by PointB: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
HNosegbe: grin grin grin

Perimeter fencing. Like really? Are our leaders this dull?

We don't even have a national database of Nigerian nationals, and they want to erect perimeter fencing? H[b]ow will they differentiate between Nigerians and non-Nigerians?[/b]

And what about border towns like Seme? Will they be split in two? Oh I get, we're gonna have our own "Seme wall".

grin grin grin

I least expect this from you.

The perimeter fence will only prevent illegal entries/exits. The entries/exit through the approved border post will still be subject to normal checks.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by BIODUN78: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
PERIMETER FENCE GOOD IDEA, BUT NOT OUR PRIORITY RIGHT NOW. IF THAT PROJECT IS EMBARK ON, SO MANY BILLIONS OF NAIRA, THAT SUPPOSE TO GO FOR PRESSING PROJECT WILL BE USED. ALSO WITH THE BAD AND CORRUPT PROFILE OF HANDLING PROJECT BY THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT, LETS HOLD IT FOR NOW.

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by MrOON: 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
What sought of rubbish Reps is this?

I think they have to do a perimeter frog jump round Nigeria.
Nonsense..... Rubbish...infact,........ Haba!
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
Joeblis: am sorry i think you hapend to be the illitrate here cause even the USA has something similar to this in their border with mexico..the fence is just for security
if isreal had not fence their border with Gaza sucide bombers could have leveled them by now...nigeria borders are just to open, fencing them will help alot.
So the move is a good one causa most of this boroharam jihadist are not nigerians.
Before I said that, I had already thought about it at length mr know all. I'm not sure that those who snatch cars, rob people at gun point, high level of unemployment, even the so-called police who are more dreaded than the criminals now, came through the porous borders.
Nigeria! As a country lacks maintenance culture, don't you think that if the government channels all the money towards industrialization & create direct or indirect employment opportunities for the teeming will reduce the level of insecurity? How about the corrupt custom & immigration officials? Don't tell me they are corrupt by aiding criminals because of the porous borders? Oga know all! Just because it worked for part of the aforementioned countries does not mean it will work for us.

Take the cctv that were installed in Abuja for example, I'm not sure if they are working anymore, all these because of lack of maintenance culture.

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by badesco(m): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
Another avenue for fraud.They prefer to spend on something not worthy.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
MissIndependent: Another avenue to loot. i wonder who give our leaders ideas. SMH #I laugh in Obasanjo's voice#

Hmm, is the project necessary?? yes. Why did you not see the benefit but the assumed looting
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by udemzyudex(m): 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
ochukoccna:
Dont port your ignorance unto this thread
America with all its grandstanding on terrorism partially fenced the most vulnerable parts of states bordering Mexico and spiced it with regular border patrols
Israel's fence has a greater political undertone than security issues
With all the billions we spend on the National Assembly and troubles ailing Nigeria,this is the quality of legidlative debates we churn out undecided undecided
Pathetic!
Let us go ahead only with this fence thing if we seek to create our own North Korea
And with our irrational Nigerian way of doing things upside down against known norms and establised standards,we might need that fence to keep the rest of the world safe from we Nigerians

Too dull....**smh*
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
Double post.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
PointB:

I least expect this from you.

The perimeter fence will only prevent illegal entries/exits. The entries/exit through the approved border post will still be subject to normal checks.

You're not getting my point.

On border towns, there's hardly any distinction between Nigerians and non-Nigerians.

Also, perimeter fencing without a national identification system is useless because there is no way to identify who is a Nigerian and who is not.

Besides, how will the issue of illegal immigrants who are already in the country be addressed?
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2013
what is the permeter of nigeria in kilometer so we can start calculate the cost?
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Afritop(m): 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
THEY SHOULD HAVE ADVOCATED FOR A CCTV CAMERA IF THEY WANT TO KNOW WHO COMES IN AND GOES OUT OF THE COUNTRY
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by PointB: 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2013
HNosegbe:

You're not getting my point.

On border towns, there's hardly any distinction between Nigerians and non-Nigerians.

Also, perimeter fencing without a national identification system is useless because there is no way to identify who is a Nigerian and who is not.

Besides, how will the issue of illegal immigrants who are already in the country be addressed?

The point is not identifying who is Nigeria or not at the border town. What is is more important is identifying the boundary and demarcating such (with perimeter fence). The perimeter fencing is not simply an attempt to restrict free movement of non Nigerians, it is rather aimed at restricting smuggling of weapons, bombs and bomb making devices across the porous borders. The issue of national identification, or and illegal immigrants in the country is secondary to securing the border from terrorists who smuggled rocket launchers, anti-aircraft missiles, and other heavy weapons into country to unleash them on innocent citizens and security agents, as witnessed in Baga.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
Erm...... In as much as security of lives and properties of Nigerian is important, i wanna believe it hasnt gotten to the extent of buliding perimeter fencing round about Nigeria's border. There are more important things that could be done for Nigerians by the government which will go a long way to improve the living conditions of Nigerians and the Nation's economy. What about upgrading the standards of schools and other research/technology institutes, job creation, power supply, clean drinking water supply, road construction and maintenance, low income housing schemes, healthcare etc down to grassroots level? Fence or no fence is not Nigeria's issue for now let those men in the hallowed chamber bring up better ideas to better Nigeria's condition (mind u there are other ways which cross border terrorism and illegal immigration could be effectively, efficiently handled)
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Goodbishop: 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
it's a good move only if Nigerians will allow it work
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Abbott(m): 9:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
nke001: Great Walls of China... Sori Nigeria.

IF I HAD 1 WISH, I WILL WISH 100 STROKES OF THE CANE FROM GEJ DOWN TO THE LEAST POLITICAL MUGU!

Make it 1000.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by meforyou1(m): 9:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
The fence can wait, let's send the far north back to niger and chad first. And then fence them off.
If fence is constructed to check influx of islamic terrorists, what about the islamic terrorists already on ground and causing hacoc and mayhem everywhere they go
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by mrvictor: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
What happened to Nigeria's satellite in space? is it not for same purpose? what are they using the satellite for? wasteful nation!!!

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 27, 2013
i totally buy this idea..... a 50 feet fence with watch towers at strategic points.....
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 27, 2013
including coastals abi, area mugu dem! who tell dem say them no go climb fence? make una kuku dig valley around naija

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by CooldudeY2J: 4:53am On Apr 27, 2013
Too many haters/critics on nairaland, some of u don't see any tin gud in this govt. There is notin wrong in wat d house is doin, i believe d fence will help to check influx of illegal migrants into d country. This will go a long way to check d rate of insecurity in Nig especially in d northern part.

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by gnews: 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
Hmmm!!! Nairalander sha, I am a Corper serving in Immigration and I was the one that typed the proposal to the House of Reps regarding the need to fence Nig borderz, Immigration staffz have been losing their lifes in Nigeria border, Boko Haram haf been really dealing with them, It's so sad cos am in Pension Department and everyday we get Notification of death mails.. So please Nairalanders,itz even barbwirez they want to use.. You guys should keep calm.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by calcal: 6:31pm On Apr 27, 2013
we should focus on colonizing west African.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Dibiachukwu: 12:58am On Apr 28, 2013
My only problem with illegal african immigrants into Nigeria (Africa) is terrorism and national security. Those guys in the border towns have failed their kins in the other part of the border because; those that depend on business or work or food in Nigeria would have their opportunities shut. Talk about shooting yourself on the foot. Kele CHUKWU.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tension As Bakassi Militants Send Strong Message To Avengers / NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday / Who Are The BMC On Nairaland, Pls No Insults Just Facts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.