Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

She Can't Cook: - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Can't Cook: (3678 Views)

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! / Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook / How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Can't Cook: by TheSly: 1:13am On Apr 15, 2008
We will settle the score. . . . . . .i don't Wanna imagine that now. . . undecided
But it would be tough . . . . .arrrrhh!!!!!!!!!!!

If she can't cook. . . .I'd try to teach her for a Lil while. . . .after that,if i see no positive improvement?
Then i will be cooking and at the same time. . .eating it all alone!!!! sad
Re: She Can't Cook: by Cadet(f): 1:14am On Apr 15, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

We will settle the score. . . . . . .i don't Wanna imagine that now. . . undecided
But it would be tough . . . . .arrrrhh!!!!!!!!!!!

If she can't cook. . . .I'd try to teach her for a Lil while. . . .after that,if i see no positive improvement?
Then i will be cooking and at the same time. . .eating it all alone!!!! sad
That's more like it. Jay, I always knew you were smart wink
Re: She Can't Cook: by 4Play(m): 1:17am On Apr 15, 2008
We have had this debate before.Its the same narrow-minded and harebrained logic deployed by many women on this forum.

Unless the lady is merely your girlfriend,it is absolutely crucial that both partners can cook.If its only one that can cook,what happens when he or she is sick or travels? What will the kids eat? KFC and McDonalds? Nitwits!
Re: She Can't Cook: by Cadet(f): 1:20am On Apr 15, 2008
4 Play:

We have had this debate before.Its the same narrow-minded and harebrained logic deployed by many women on this forum.

Unless the lady is merely your girlfriend,it is absolutely crucial that both partners can cook.If its only one that can cook,what happens when he or she is sick or travels? What will the kids eat? KFC and McDonalds? Nitwits!

You ever heard of recipes? Or is it also useless to use recipes to learn to cook?
Re: She Can't Cook: by 4Play(m): 1:23am On Apr 15, 2008
Cadet:

You ever heard of recipes? Or is it also useless to use recipes to learn to cook?

Abeg,what part of the thread title can't you understand? If she learns how to cook,by whatever means,this topic won't apply.
Re: She Can't Cook: by Cadet(f): 1:26am On Apr 15, 2008
4 Play:

Abeg,what part of the thread title can't you understand? If she learns how to cook,by whatever means,this topic won't apply.
Oga, It's about your useless comment!

4 Play:

If its only one that can cook,what happens when he or she is sick or travels? What will the kids eat? KFC and McDonalds? Nitwits!

And am asking you, again , Have you ever heard of a recipe book?
Re: She Can't Cook: by tRoOE(f): 3:08am On Apr 15, 2008
Is he marrying her to be his chef or for love/who she is ***roll eyes**

Nigerian men with their stupid mentality !!!!!!!shio

Don't get me wrong women should be able to cook our simple native food, but marrying someone shouldn't be based on their cooking.

I can't really cook but am trying, and my guy has never at any time complain about it, if I need help with something I either call him, mom, cousins or aunties to help me out by telling me the procedures.
Re: She Can't Cook: by ekorick(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2008
what has the woman been doing since, some things come naturally, nobody teaches anybody how to pee.
Re: She Can't Cook: by iice(f): 3:06pm On Apr 15, 2008
cooking doesn't come naturally to everyone.
It's not the same thing as peeing. . .

Well if she doesn't get a guy who isn't bothered by the cooking thing,
then she better start learning. . .
Re: She Can't Cook: by asanwa: 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2008
I dont even see why guys attach so much importance to cooking. So what if a woman can't cook? must she?
I personally can't cook and I really don't care. At least I don't have my male friends coming over to my bunk everytime looking for cooked food when they themselves can't cook and are stingy to the extent that they can't offer a kobo for the food.

I am not even going to learn how to do it. I prefer going to eat at joints so I don't have to wash the plates or scrub pots.
Abeg jare let someone else do it. I am happy to pay good money for good food and at the end of the day even if I knew how to cook, I am sure it would cost more to prepare it myself.
Re: She Can't Cook: by AEjiro(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2008
It is funny how women cry that their man dont take care of them or are tight fisted, yet some tink cooking for their man is so big a deal. Cooking is easy as a Bachelor i cant see my seflf buying cooked food not to talk of when married. My partner should do her functions as an African wife, At least, that's wat am getting. she want me to do the cooking while she does what? I cant cook and will cook when i wish to give her a treat. but she shudnt see it as a task to me. If not for useless whiteman culture, what is there in a woman who cant cook. that means ur only function is gracing ma bed, Sorry u arentgood enough then.

Call me old fashion, traditional, African or wta ve u
If a wife cant cook she is not worth it.

Now before u critise me.
If she is willing to learn. damn am happy to teach but if it a no cooking arrangement hell no am not having that.

Well, i dont need to bother my head, thank God my angel can cook. we dey even do cooking competion for house every weekend.
Re: She Can't Cook: by albridge(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2008
NO!!! i would have to be extremely wealthy and madly and insanely in love to do such a thing and even then i might one day wake up and start to wonder if i wasnt crazy to do such a thing. men do a lot of stressful stuff (especially in the bedroom) and its not asking too much if your woman can help replace the lost energy during the day and during the bedroom activity by preparing delicious tasting and nutritious meals for her man. Even if i had all the money in the world and could employ the best chef in the world, i still see my woman taking time to cook for me as a sign of care and love. dont mind me, i guess i'm just a hopeless romantic. common ladies, you've got to help a brother here!
Re: She Can't Cook: by Keziah(f): 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2008
Aren't u all suprise that it's only the ladies who can't cook that are going gaga in the thread? Na wa ooooooh! tongue embarassed shocked

@AEjiro
I assume u are from Benin or Delta that's why u gave such reply? My brother i support u 100%. Even before i grew up, my brothers (i mean all of them/including extended families) are great chef (not by profession) talkless of the females in the family.

What is bad is bad. Let's call a spade, a spade. If u can't cook as a lady of 18+, abeg go learn. E never too late abeg. Than covering up for your short commings with some flimsy excuse wen me i no understand.

Abeg make u na no eat me (just saying the truth tongue tongue) no bad intentions.
Re: She Can't Cook: by holythug(m): 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ poster tell her to wtach dis MAGGI programme on NTA10. . .she ll get there
Re: She Can't Cook: by asanwa: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2008
A lot of people on this thread have terrible cultural hang ups! Why must a girl, (be she 10, 18, 20, 50) know how to cook?
Is it some kind of unwritten rule put in place so that the men can exercise their imaginary rights to enslave women?

Whatever! Anywoman that doesn't know how to cook shouldn't just turn the channel to Maggi kitchen. At the end of the day the only reason why men love women who cook it just so they can sit on their fat behinds and constantly increase the on-going global warming with their flatulence.
Re: She Can't Cook: by jkpretty(f): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2008
Its really not nice, for a grown up girl not to be able to cook. I shake my head at the sight of such people. It doesn't make u look ajebo abegg. lipsrsealed Its just stupidity for lacking the basics expected from a woman.

And those forming they can't speak their language. Even if they spent one day abroad, lets agree that the thought of them in a white man's land wiped their memory and so they forgot their mother tongue. grin How about somebody that has never smelt the airport in Nigeria, claiming American/British accent. or that they cannot speak the same yoruba they rap with their siblings at home. At the sight of those people i feel like slapping their tongues into their throat. tongue I detest fake people. angry
Re: She Can't Cook: by MrPataki1: 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2008
It is very stupid and foolish to see ladies that cannot cook their own local food. All they know is burger king, KFC and the rest of those junk shits.

To even imagine some silly girls are even learning how to prepare ordinary rice from cooking class. What an absolute disgrace. undecided What did they spend their growing up years to do?

Such girls, I will not even entertain within my courtyard.
Re: She Can't Cook: by almondjoy(f): 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2008
I can cook period. . .fact established.

Men should also learn how to cook too.  I have never been with one that does not know how to cook.  Will never entertain such lazy drones in my front yard not to talk of backyard.

You can't be all that handsome in the bedroom and useless in the kitchen at the same time! kiss Totally unacceptable! cool
Re: She Can't Cook: by Cadet(f): 4:00am On Apr 18, 2008
LOL! na wa o.
Re: She Can't Cook: by MrPataki1: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2008
I can cook period. . . fact established.

Some women should learn how to cook. I have been with one that does not know how to cook. I will never entertain such lazy sleaze-bag of ladies in my vicinity or even courtyard again.

You can't be all that pancake appearing outside and useless in the kitchen so much that even to make a pancake in the kitchen is an arduous task at the same time! Totally unacceptable!

Tufia angry
Re: She Can't Cook: by almondjoy(f): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2008
Hmmm!

Some men boys will get with some girls in a night club. . .follow them home and expect a "Betty Crocker" the next morning.  If you befriended the ladies and LOVED them like that. . .please don't complain.  Part of the dating process is to screen for "manufacturer's defects"!

So look before you leap.  Before I crawl into a man's bed. . .I must have tasted his cooking! cool It is part of the "toasting" process.  My guy stole ma heart with fresh fish peppersoup. . . native style for that marrer.  The day I ate that soup in his "boys quarters". . . I instantly knew he was the one and only. cheesy

Ladies please look for real men, not "Terminators" . .and men please look for real women. . .not Barbie dolls!
Re: She Can't Cook: by omomomi(f): 10:51am On Apr 18, 2008
Vry difficult indeed.U indeed an helper 2 one anoda as long as dey ar joind 2geda as 1flesh.luv u al
Re: She Can't Cook: by Cadet(f): 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2008
omomomi:

Vry difficult indeed.You indeed an helper 2 one another as long as dey ar joind 2geda as 1flesh.love u al
Thank you my dear. Some are just too lazy to cook themselves grin Lazy@$$ Nigerian men! Expects the ladies to slave at work and go right to the kitchen, while they've been snoring all day! I hate self-fish men! undecided Abeg, get your a$$ in the kitchen and cook for her once in a while.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
And it's fun learning new things to cook. Lucky am taking a cooking class for elective credit, some of the stuff that the world eat sef. Yest. my chef was talking about different ways to cook spaghetti, I was like na wa o! spaghetti na spaghetti! But after cooking it, mehnnnnn! That was the bomb! cheesy cheesy

It's good to check out recipes online once in a while to learn new things to cook! Looking up new recipes, especially for deserts!
Am even asked to make some cakes during some Nigerian party. It's kind of annoying because my mom always help cook, then they expect me to do the same. angry Now, I get called to almost every occasion. Sometimes It can be very annoying!

Nobody can cook everything! I'm just lucky enough to be able to cook Nigerian food with some other national food! cool

I need to go and buy some ingredients to make Sourdough Chocolate Cake sef. The last one I made was so not good!I was missing an ingredient. cry cry Now I gotta try it out one more time! grin grin
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2008
i am scared for the future of our naija women. im sorry, if u r a woman and cant cook, u r messed up.
funny enough, my colleagues and I had this conversation at work. guess what! the girls all single and nigerians.
Re: She Can't Cook: by welli(f): 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2008
dnt be scared for you naija women bt of correction some and not all.am d best cook in da world.*who can beat dat*
Re: She Can't Cook: by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 24, 2008
I can beat that tongue
Re: She Can't Cook: by ocelot2006(m): 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2009
If a man knows how to cook why must he teach his wife? Why can't he just do the cooking himself?

I will cook only when my wife is heavy or when I inend to give her a special treat.
Re: She Can't Cook: by harakiri(m): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2009
It's possible to be with a lady who can't cook and live happily ever after.All you need to do is keep cooking beans everytime you both are hungry and NO EATING OUT and don't eat any take out she buys.I promise you, she will pick up a cookery book and learn UNLESS sshe's the type that just travelled out of 9ja.These types seem to "un-learn" how to cook as soon as they touch down and see oyibo for the first time in real time e.g an onitsha girl who has eaten akpu and bitter leaf soup for 90% of her life on earth will suddenly "forgot" how to boil water.

How they do it remains a mystery grin
Re: She Can't Cook: by saintneo(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
cookin goes beyond puttin stuff on fire

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian / What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done For The Sake Of Love? / I No Fit Laugh See (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.