Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB (16919 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday / JAMB: Share Your Experience / Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by moshoodn(m): 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
1st JAMB in 2001..... Was ill on exam day

2nd JAMB in 2002..... Scored high

3rd JAMB in 2003..... Scored high too

All these while no Post JAMB... Just write JAMB and start praying or ...........

4th JAMB (PCE) in 2003 also.... Scored high and gained admission to read Science Lab. Tech...

5th JAMB in 2006 (DE)..... No show

6th JAMB in 2007 (DE)..... Was admitted.

Thank God I'm a Biochemist now.

That's my own JAMB synopsis...

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by misterh(m): 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
Mine was in 2008 and i wrote it only once. Got admitted to study Pol Sc in OAU. Now awaiting my call up letter for service.

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
Sat for it twice; 2001 & 2002, ended up in Geography & Planning dept. However, I'm doing a Pgd in International relations as of now & probably a masters' in it as well.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Dstar4u(m): 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
My first JAMB, I scored 196 due to lack of preparation. Second time, I scored 249 and failed to meet OAU cut-off mark, and finally settled for YabaTech.
I wrote waec four times.
Guess what, I am now on a very grade - dinstinction.

What does not kill you will make you stronger. Failure is not the end of my life, it's just for you to acknowledge your weaknesses and work on it.

8 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Syenite(m): 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
chymystique: My first n onli experience I can neva forgt et. I reached ma suppose center and sat down on ma supposed Sit no.. Few mins for d exam to commence I was asked to go online n check for ma new center.. I was so devastated and unfortunately for me dt day network was so jammed up I couldn't evn check me new center online.. I kept on crying and hopin that God would ve mercy on me.. Luckily for me one of d Cybers I wnt then was able to check et and I found ma new center.. Reached ma new center I was not allowed to enter d gate.. I had to bribe d gateman.. I entered inside the school and saw that we were plenty that couldn't find out new Reg n stuffs.. Damn! We were given a sheet of paper to answer our own jamb questions outside. Imagine! Cos God loved me so much and he rili wanted me to enter sch then, I was lucky during the attendance I heard ma name bin called and that was how I entered class and wrote ma Jamb 20mins to Submission... And to ma greatest suprise wen d result came out I scored 209... PRAISE THE LORD! cool
. Since u had the chips in ur hand u only needed 5mins to shade all d answers naaa...

3 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Odunharry(m): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2013
tearie: Hmm, had a fun and cool experience writing JAMB. Was still in SS 3, hair on low cut. I sat I front of d class, became friends with d invigilator, he said I was the only 'innocent' person in the room... Finished my papers on time and started eating the Meatpie and Lacasera my dad bought for me in class! Also remember the invigilator telling me to write names of noise makers when he wanted to go out 8: lol funny guy ... And I recall almost jumping out of my skin when the muscular guy behind me with bloodshot eyes tapped my shoulder. Turns out all he wanted was an eraser but all imagined then was that he wanted to threaten me to start teaching him (according to stories I used to hear)!!!
lol...did u teach him?
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by chymystique(f): 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2013
Syenite: . Since u had the chips in ur hand u only needed 5mins to shade all d answers naaa...

Loll.. Yessoo.. Paid for d physics and mathematics and shaded d answers sharply. Thr was no tym to dull Jor cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by eagleeye2: 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2013
Chimerase: I write JAMB so teey JAMB begin send seasons greetin 2 me, stil on top dey won print polo giv me cheesy
Very funny, hope you are a graduate now.
Dey suppose compensate you.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Profeme: 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote JAMB 3 times.first in 1994. I had to work home from a distance of more than 10 kilometres on foot because there was insufficient transport to take us home. The worse part of it was that I didnt see my scores for that exam. I wrote the 2nd in 1999 and score 206 and another in the year 2000 when I score 200 which I used to get admission. I studied Computer Science. These days Jamb has made it easier for the candidates by providing them with writing materials and CALCULATORS. So those who prepare well will succeed.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by dabrake(m): 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
marufoye: JAMB exam was challenging but beatable. I got 243 and got admitted to study Computer Science in a Nigerian university. Students then were more determined and there were lesser cases of 'expo'.Thank God today I am nejoying the fruits of my labour!
same with me.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
wrote Jamb twice....the 1st one was 269- they gave me Anatomy in Uniport
the 2nd was 246:::am now in Dental Surgery(BchDS/BDS)-Great Uniben

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by dridowu: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
staicey:

Outside smiley
ok
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by dridowu: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
gerrardomendes:
so how many rats and cockcroaches are in ur ward now?
lol
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by cctvcamera: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wish all JAMB 2013 candidate best of luck

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Chimerase(m): 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
eagle,eye:

Very funny, hope you are a graduate now.
Dey suppose compensate you.
am a medical biochemist nw... cool
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by eagleeye2: 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
Chimerase: am a medical biochemist nw... cool

I am happy for you. Congrats.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by bidexolumanish(m): 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
Desloaaa: JAMB JAMM ME!!!!!!!!...NO Be beans.
JAMB make me beginning fill say i need to wash my head.
After d 5th jamb,them finally pity me with 230..computer sci
wrote jamb 4 gud time but d 4th 1 fetch me 272 nd nw in lvl3 computer science.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote my 1st and only JAMB in 2006, score 86 in JAMB. After writing d aptitude text @ EBSU, I score d highest score and d best candidates for d yr and was given admission. Why dose who score 240 in jamb sum did nt make it.

Bottom line.... When GOD say is ur turn, nofin can stop u.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by ritux: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote Jamb once.

During my time, I was not able to locate my center until about 30mins to the end of the exam.
I started shading rubbish on my OMR form because there was no time and with sweat all over my body. When the result came out, I scored 262 and got admission into greatest UNIBEN

5 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by chikaboneta(f): 12:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
misterh: Mine was in 2008 and i wrote it only once. Got admitted to study Pol Sc in OAU. Now awaiting my call up letter for service.
same with me although i had a very lucky score of 201, just 1 mark away from d cut off mark of 200, i studied Accounting in Unical. Also awaiting ma call up letter

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by eagleeye2: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
ritux: I wrote Jamb once.

During my time, I was not able to locate my center until about 30mins to the end of the exam.
I started shading rubbish on my OMR form because there was no time and with sweat all over my body. When the result came out, I scored 262 and got admission into greatest UNIBEN

WOW.....Goodluck is you portion and may this Goodluck never depart from you.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Twenty5: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
Have come to know that JAMB is not as difficult as many thinks. My first jamb i got 175 while the second one 204.But before the second attempt i vowed to God that if i pass my second JAMB,all through my higher institution i will use my head.Guess what?from my 100level till when i graduated i fulfilled my own part by His grace,today,i've impacted many through this act of independent.
If you read,visualize your grade before the result,pray to God without doubting and speak positively even though you didnt do so well,i can assure you that you can never fail.

3 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by purpinkx(m): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
I wrote my 1st and only JAMB in 2006, score 86 in JAMB. After writing d aptitude text @ EBSU, I score d highest score and d best candidates for d yr and was given admission. Why dose who score 240 in jamb sum did nt make it.

*insert tears of joy here* 86 over 400
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by ajasa4link: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
My first jamb was i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2008,scored 243 and also scored 219 i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ OAU post ume.. But OAU denied me admission for reasons only known to them... This left me devastated because I've never written any exam twice i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my life up to that moment and I've always said I Ѡill not write jamb twice... I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2009 I I chose unilag and lasu as first and second choice respectively...I scored 260 i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ jamb,but couldn't make unilag cut off by a 3marks...I passed lasu post ume but it seems lasu was nt going to admit that year because lasu was on a long term strike which has disrupted their academic session...I had to put i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ for 2010 utme and I was abt to check †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ result when I stumbled on a thread on education section of nairaland with †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ title "lasu releases third and final supplementary list for 2009/2010 session''... I was suprised because we were already i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2010 and I never thought 2009 admission could still be on i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ any school...I begged †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ op of †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ thread to help me check my name on †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ list,and lo and behold my name was number 6 on †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ list of 8students released...I resigned from where I was working that day and resumed i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ school on monday just like that... †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ funniest thing į̸̸̨§,when I later checked †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ 2010 result it was not released... To †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ glory of God,Ѡill be a graduate by august this year( α♏ presently topping my dept)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by xrazzy(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
i wrote mine in 2009 and i scored 248. Presently, i am a final year student in one of the Would-be mega universities. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I MET MY GIRLFRIEND AT THE UME CENTRE winkAnd today, she is few steps away from becoming my wife. Praise da lord! Praise JAMB!

5 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Lamasta(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :

You score 86 or 206 in JAMB?

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by pinky21(f): 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2013
I had a funny experience. Wrote my first jamb 08.d invigilator was my aunty. See expo of d highest order. Expo bad sha. Immediately she gave me d expo everytin I read flew. Neva checked my result cos I latr gt admitted thru PD. I suffer fin my centre dat day
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Josyjay(m): 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
2010 i scored 222, 2011 i wrote jamb witout no expo just me nd God nd i scored 211 yet ntin,2012 i scored 198 nd i gat double admission along wit ma basic. 2day am goin to b a geologist in yrs tyme.great uniport

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by misterh(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2013
chikaboneta:
same with me although i had a very lucky score of 201, just 1 mark away from d cut off mark of 200, i studied Accounting in Unical. Also awaiting ma call up letter
Wow... Lucky you! Got 233 and 256 in d UME and Post-UME respectively.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Dospix(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
First Jamb:2009, scored 218.
Second Jamb: 2011, scored 234, got admitted to study English In Nasarawa state university.
Wrote my third Jamb 2012 because i wasn't too comfortable studying English(i wanted to switch to UNN to study law);scored 243. Anyway changed my mind, still studying English in Nasarawa state university.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wrote jamb in 1999, spent the night before the exam at Area G police station because policemen in mufti with ak-47s raided our tutorial centre based on info that origo was been shared. I managed to score 214 and did not meet the cut off for the course I wanted.

2nd jamb was in 2000. That was the year type questions was invented by one aboki jamb DG, I have forgotten his name. Well 5 minutes into the exam, a mother bribed the invigilator and was allowed into the exam room. She had with her 2 bottles of chilled maltina and 2 folded white paper, she handed them over to her sons.

Before I could say jack Robinson, one of her son who was sat beside me started unfolding the tiny paper. By the time he was done unfolding the paper. we had on our desk a spreadsheet of solved questions for all the types. All we had to do was choose our type and started ticking our answer scripts. After 10 minutes, we completed the exams and scored high enough to be offered my choice course of study. naija son spoil tey tey.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Hrdesk09: 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
Yea,once upon a time,,Jamb rili jambed me 1 2 3 4 5 6 times...Made it d 6th attempt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Danger Of Exam Malpractice / What Is The Answer To This Maths Question That Has Gone Viral??? / List Of Internationally Recognized Nigerian Universities And Their World Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.