Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB (16913 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday / JAMB: Share Your Experience / Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Luckygurl(f): 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote d exam last year while still in SS2. I Was able to secure admission at UNN 2 study electronics engr. Even at that I still patronised JAMb dis year cos I want nothing apart 4rm my dream course.
EWU JAMBIITO!!!
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
NigerianAsshole: This did not happen to me, it happened in the hall that i wrote my jamb at NASME barracks in Makurdi. True life story

Invigilator: Mr Man, drop your phone outside

Student: Ma'am, I cannot leave my phone here, it is too expensive

Invigilator: Mr Man, drop your phone outside

Student: Ma'am, the phone is off and i promise i wont put it on, but the phone is very expensive, there is no way i am leaving it outside

*After 5 Minutes a Soldier Walk In*

Soldier: What is the problem

Invigilator: This young man wont leave his phone outside

Soldier: Hey, take your phone outside

Student: Sir, I already told her that the .......*Hits student with stick on his head*

*Student touches head and sees Blood*

*Student drops phone on the ground, and kicks it outside*

End of story

na khaki he be wan take play b4??lolzz
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Theflint1(m): 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
1st jamb 2008, scored 245 wrote pume and was given microbiology 4rm uniben...2nd jamb, wanted medicine, scored 252, wrote pume and was given botany...5 years on, am 21 and a corper at kwara, graduate of microbiology... Aint much of an experience with jamb
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wrote Jamb once and made it! No long story!
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Hemanwel(m): 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
JAMB experience?An opportunity to re-open past wound is certainly what this is presenting.My experience with JAMB aint a good one at all!
Well,I did JAMB 6 times:
2001,2002,2003,2005,2006,n 2007.
I didnt write the 2004 edition cos I thought my 2003 score was high enough to secure admission for me.
My 2005 result was seized,including the Poly jamb I reluctantly did same year.
One peculiar thing prior to these exams is that I didnt attend any Tutorial class.I studied,burnt my candle at both ends,fasted,...just to record a breakthrough.
When I finally got admitted in 2007,I heaved a huge sigh of relief...
In the Uni,studying became an easy thing to me.All my 'fapping' during my preps for JAMB began to pay-off.In the end,I graduated with a 1st-class.
Morale of the story:
it's not how many times you fall that counts,rather, it's how high you bounce after falling that makes the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by confidant: 8:03pm On Apr 27, 2013
I was one of the best to have cleared my waec in one sitting in 1997. I always wanted to engage my brain in whatever exam I found myself in without considering 'chokes' or whatsoever. Back then (don't know about now)Jamb had been an exam that even those you knew you could beat hands down in academics would have higher scores than you. After sitting for Jamb twice and was told just few marks to reach the cut off mark. I resolved not to bother my brain any longer.I went into a marine school. After the first two years, I was sponsored by a gas company to further my studies abroad after clearing their doubt in the scholarship exam. I did three years abroad and came back to work for them. Today, I stand tall in the oil and gas industry with so many qualifications that looking back if I had taken that 'expo' I don't think I would have had this so much exposure. To the glory of God there are still nigerians that would do the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by nairaman66(m): 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
1st was seized, don't know why, however, I felt they wanted to slow me down. 2nd JAMB, got 276. Read Pure Mathatics@ Delta State University. Currently serving in Bayelsa State as a Youth Corper.. Ajuwaya 2 all the Corpers in the house.. cool
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by IlCapitano(m): 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
Cleared JAMB in one sitting-2010. Finished in about an hour.score-272. Currently studying Law in Uniben. Easy does it.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by MAYOWAAK: 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
It was during JAMB, 15 years ago. My combination was Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

I started with Biology to gain traction on time since there was no calculation. I was done with that in about half the allocated time for the 50 questions. Without reviewing my answers, I moved over to Chemistry. The chemical reactions and equations 'odi ro easy' but we were able to glide through the 50 questions with some sweat and move over to Physics which was the last lap. I was on the 5th or 6th question when I noticed the dame sitting beside me. She was restless and was sending a distress call for help. I was like, 'Hi pretty, what can I do for you?' And she said, please help me with the answers for mathematics. I said, oh damn it, today is not your lucky day, mathematics is not one of my options. I'm taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology. She didn't believe me, so she protested; "but I can see that you are doing rough work and calculating. I said of course as a science student you cannot run away from mathematics. I continue and she just sat down starring blankly into space in a pensive mood. I was concerned and ask her what is the problem? She said she is through with Economics and Government, but she cannot attempt most of the questions in mathematics as they are strange to her.

I took another look at her and behold her beautiful face, long hair, fine elegant skin and at this juncture, instead of my medulla oblongata, I allowed my "third leg" to do the thinking for me. A quick scan of the examination hall to see whether the invigilator was watching and before you say jack, I switched question paper with her and started solving mathematics for her while she was just starring blankly at my question paper. I think I was on question 6 or 7 when we swapped.

So here I was in an exam hall, solving someone else's problem while she was sitting down idling away, pretending to be busy. I love mathematics, so I was having fun solving the quadratic, simultaneous linear in two variables, algebraic, geometrical, trigonometric, differential and integral calculus, statistics, probabilities et al.

I was on question 43 when a sudden announcement by the invigilator jolted me to reality. Without warning, he echoed 15 more minutes! The whole hall shouted instantaneously "haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!"

Shuuuuuuu I don F-up!!!!!!! Immediately without a care, I pushed the question paper across to her and collected mine. She started shading away at the speed of light on her answer sheet.

I did a quick assessment of the situation. I have answered only 6 questions out of 50 and there are over 20 questions involving calculations. I almost wee in my brief when it dawned on me that I have flunked it. There was no way! I cannot attempt 45 questions under 15 minutes. While in this state of orgamoga, a quiet little voice said to me, "calm down, forget about the calculations, attempt the easy questions without calculations."

So off I went scooping out easy questions you can answer on the go, like:

- who is the father of radioactivity? Without thinking I went for the option- Henri Becquerel;

- Who discovered Xray? - German physicist Wilhelm Röntgen!

-Achimedes principle states that? - a body immersed in a fluid is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the displaced fluid.

- Faraday's Second Law of Electromagnetic Induction state that? - The induced emf is equal to the rate of change of flux linkage.

- What is the capacitance of the capacitor?
The capacitance (C) of a capacitor is defined as the ratio of the stored charge (Q) to the potential difference (V) between the conductors.

- The charge on a capacitor increases by 20 µC when the voltage across it increases from 80 V to 121 V. What is the capacitance of the capacitor?

Capacitance, C, is the ratio of the total charge stored. Now, capacitance does not change with potential difference, thus, the capacitance remains the same.

What is tricky here, is that we do not know the total charge stored at either 80 V or 121 V. We then solve for it first.

C at 80 V= C at 121 V
Q/80 = (Q + 20µC)/121
121Q = 80Q + 80(20 µC)
41Q = 80(20 µC)
Q = 80(20 µC)/41

Now that we know Q, we can solve for C.

C = Q/V
C = [80(20 µC)/41]/80 V
C = 20/41 µF [the unit µC/V is equivalent to µF]

And that was how the ministry kept on moving, even though the Bishop Chief alias Jagoran Talakawa knew that, he will not get to the finish line. I was definitely having fun and I regreted the fact that I didn't start with Physics because it was really a piece of cake. I got enough bite to chew under 15 minutes until I heard, "Pens up! Stop writing! Move your answer sheet to the right!" I pushed my answer sheet to the Dame who put me into this mess. I was angry because I knew I was never going to make the 280 cut off mark for Medicine and Surgery! There goes my ambition to become a doctor up in blames because of a woman! Chaii women don cause enough wahala for me oooooo!!!!!!

While I was still livid, she move closer to me and gave me a bear hug and whispered in my ears, "you attempted 29 questions. I pray you get all 29 questions right."

And that was exactly the way it was, as I got 58 in Physics which happened to be my lowest score and I also missed the cut-off mark for Medicine by 3 marks. And that was how the Bishop Chief alias Jagoran Talakawa missed out on the merit list for admission into medical school and was flickered to the Faculty of Pharmaceutical sciences. I never chosed Pharmacy, I became one by accident. If only I was not involved in exam malpractice, I would have overshoot the cut of mark for Medicine by as much as 30 marks because when I went home after the exams, I timed myself and answered the questions on Physics. To the best of my ability, I don't think I would have failed up to 5 questions if I have not harkened to the voice of the daughter of Jezebel in the exam hall.

My friend (yeah we later became very good friends) got admission to study Accounting. She had 76 in mathematics and I always laughed at her when ever she brags before her mates that she is a guru in mathetics and flaunt her JAMB score before them. I tell her we know!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is wishing all JAMBITES who sat for todays UMTE best of luck and also hoping that no one gambled with their papers by harkening to the voice of the daughter of Jezebel as she cried for help during the cause of the exams.

Shalom!

6 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by enet1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
I did ma jamb in 2005 in those days of manual registratn whr u buy form 4rm bank,fil it n return it.I bought d form 4 Agege,filled it bt wen i checked ma center sme days 2 exam,i was thrown 2 ogun state,precisely Oke aro motogun,peeps dt place dy far n local gan an ni,its was lyk i was goin 2 one remote vilage.We r lyk 1500 der wen d capacity shd nt b more dan 300-400,we were packed lyk sardine.Cum n c expo flyin up n down bt i didnt join dm sha o n wen d result came out,i had 219 n our set was d set wen post-ume was introduced,i score 42 ova 60,was den admitd 4 Ind.Chm.Tank God 4 manual reg.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by VoodooDoll(m): 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2013
Sat Jamb once a looong time ago, got 263, admission to Unilag. (First choice on subject and UNI).......

No long story.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2013
Nothing tongue undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by tonte(m): 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
;Dammm, my story, 1st JAMB 2005 PHC well, I was in ss3 then and had the same centre with a friend of mine and we slept over at his place, on the exam morning he summoned all the courage he had in life and went 2 ask his old man for some cash incase he would need to pay for dubs...the man almost went mad, shouting and all and he drove us away 2 go and write our exams...with that fear we went to the center, got settled and served..omo the exam hard die, after about 30-45mins we saw the mopol man that always followed my friend's dad,to cut the long epic story short, the man went 2 uniport and brought the gurus of the courses that we were writing in jamb, we all went to the principals office, and wrote ours, the gurus solves while we shaded, result came...I got 274, after intentionally failing some questions...but that didn't get me any admission

2nd jamb, illorin..I went into the hall ill prepared, thinking wat happened in ph should happen in illorin,omo na so I dey o, I wan die for hall, na that day I know say jamb hard die, well after all my best and random shading, I managed to get 201 just 1 mark 2 avoid shame in my house,well 2day I'm an engineer and doing very well...
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by mkoabiola: 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2013
Afta d xam, alwys go home with a babe.wrote 3x
Dos babes ar now married.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by lakeside2: 10:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
I DID JAMB 5 TIMES B4 I LATER GOT ADMISSION TO UNILORIN WITH 285 IN JAMB 2 YEARS AGO , BABA GOD NONI,BSC LOADING............
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2013
[quote author=MAYOWAAK]It was during JAMB, 15 years ago. My combination was Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

I started with Biology to gain traction on time since there was no calculation. I was done with that in about half the allocated time for the 50 questions. Without reviewing my answers, I moved over to Chemistry. The chemical reactions and equations 'odi ro easy' but we were able to glide through the 50 questions with some sweat and move over to Physics which was the last lap. I was on the 5th or 6th question when I noticed the dame sitting beside me. She was restless and was sending a distress call for help. I was like, 'Hi pretty, what can I do for you?' And she said, please help me with the answers for mathematics. I said, oh damn it, today is not your lucky day, mathematics is not one of my options. I'm taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology. She didn't believe me, so she protested; "but I can see that you are doing rough work and calculating. I said of course as a science student you cannot run away from mathematics. I continue and she just sat down starring blankly into space in a pensive mood. I was concerned and ask her what is the problem? She said she is through with Economics and Government, but she cannot attempt most of the questions in mathematics as they are strange to her.

I took another look at her and behold her beautiful face, long hair, fine elegant skin and at this juncture, instead of my medulla oblongata, I allowed my "third leg" to do the thinking for me. A quick scan of the examination hall to see whether the invigilator was watching and before you say jack, I switched question paper with her and started solving mathematics for her while she was just starring blankly at my question paper. I think I was on question 6 or 7 when we swapped.

So here I was in an exam hall, solving someone else's problem while she was sitting down idling away, pretending to be busy. I love mathematics, so I was having fun solving the quadratic, simultaneous linear in two variables, algebraic, geometrical, trigonometric, differential and integral calculus, statistics, probabilities et al.

I was on question 43 when a sudden announcement by the invigilator jolted me to reality. Without warning, he echoed 15 more minutes! The whole hall shouted instantaneously "haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!"

Shuuuuuuu I don F-up!!!!!!! Immediately without a care, I pushed the question paper across to her and collected mine. She started shading away at the speed of light on her answer sheet.

I did a quick assessment of the situation. I have answered only 6 questions out of 50 and there are over 20 questions involving calculations. I almost wee in my brief when it dawned on me that I have flunked it. There was no way! I cannot attempt 45 questions under 15 minutes. While in this state of orgamoga, a quiet little voice said to me, "calm down, forget about the calculations, attempt the easy questions without calculations."

So off I went scooping out easy questions you can answer on the go, like:

- who is the father of radioactivity? Without thinking I went for the option- Henri Becquerel;

- Who discovered Xray? - German physicist Wilhelm Röntgen!

-Achimedes principle states that? - a body immersed in a fluid is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the displaced fluid.

- Faraday's Second Law of Electromagnetic Induction state that? - The induced emf is equal to the rate of change of flux linkage.

- What is the capacitance of the capacitor?
The capacitance (C) of a capacitor is defined as the ratio of the stored charge (Q) to the potential difference (V) between the conductors.

- The charge on a capacitor increases by 20 µC when the voltage across it increases from 80 V to 121 V. What is the capacitance of the capacitor?

Capacitance, C, is the ratio of the total charge stored. Now,........

Mhen, u are a genius.. Are u now practicin pharmacy?
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by nelsn(m): 12:23am On Apr 28, 2013
faild jamb but tnk God am now a babalawo.....
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by kandiikane(m): 1:16am On Apr 28, 2013
Wait, I'm confused? Do youths in nigeria start their degree at 16?

As in no college or form 7?
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Krucifax(m): 2:15am On Apr 28, 2013
WROTE MY JAMB IN 1997. HAD TWO ADMISSION OPTIONS TO AKOKA(UNILAG) AND UNICAL. WENT TO LAG WHERE I LIVED.

I'M A BIT SHOCKED TO HEAR PEOPLE HERE SAY THEY WROTE IT MORE THAN TWICE. IN THOSE DAYS IF YOU DON'T PASS AT YOUR SECOND ATTEMPT NA DIE YOU DEY!!!! PEOPLE WILL START LOOKING AT YOU LIKE THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!!
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by avalontony(m): 2:22am On Apr 28, 2013
omo!!! jamb too cheap nawa days oooo, when i been write my own...no calculator, no chokes......, with all my jacking n combination of different text books, it still hammer me 3times. anyway for all the folks that wrote jamb at age 15 n 16, n scored high...... dont get carried away with that. and for d folks that wrote jamb today....i wish u Gods grace and favour. humble Engineer (chemical) greatest balewite!!!!!!!!!
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by bankyblue(m): 5:45am On Apr 28, 2013
I wrote both uniJAMB(199) and polyJAMB(168) in 2003.......
.what I will never Forget then was that, after finishing the exam,
In the rush of submitting, I submitted the question paper and went
Out with the exam sheet. My center was in gwagwalada in abuja and
I was close to lugbe when someone in the car asked where was my question
Paper? I almost die when I realized I was with the answer sheet?
To cut the long story short. It took the help of God for the to
Collect that stuff back(I cried as if I will die)
But now bobo they Stanbic ibtc they chop moni now.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by bankyblue(m): 5:48am On Apr 28, 2013
nelsn: faild jamb but tnk God am now a babalawo.....
U no go kill me with laugh here ja re, I was even thinking that
Babalawo exam is even more difficult than jamb?
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by coolestboy(m): 5:59am On Apr 28, 2013
Donsammi: WRITING JAMB NEXT YEAR ....SS3 cheesyDNT KNOW abt any expriences
And u are here? U'd better go and start studying hard b4 jamb jam u, seun is making his cool cash now bcoz he did the right thing back then
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Princestylz(m): 6:25am On Apr 28, 2013
9ja pple no go tak tru, sum wey don dey writ jamb 4up 2 10yrz stil go tak na once dem writ n paz am... God c u
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by richfaxy: 6:28am On Apr 28, 2013
Wrote my 1st and only JAMB in 1999 same year i finished Secondary school, scored 223 applied for Medicine but was given Chemistry at ABU and Soil Science at OAU that same year since i didnt meet the cutoff point. I chose to go to ABU to study chemistry.
I loved Chemistry in Secondary school but hated Chemistry as a course in the Univeristy with a passion and always envied those that were studied Medicine or Pharmacy while i was in school. Thank God i found where my heart was, (every disappointment is a blessing) am now an ICT consultant and i always Thank God i never read the Medicine.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by wesleychidi(m): 6:37am On Apr 28, 2013
Tashamania:

What class? smiley

Class of 2010.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by iluvweed(m): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2013
I was the Invigilator of my center so guess what that means!

Had 297 and was given the class rep in 100 level cos I was the Highest...UNILAG CIVIL ENGINEERING! Chai!

After first semester...ASHIRI TUUU! G.P was 2.00 and was immediately demoted lol...

Anyways finally graduated with a third class and am now a BUSINESS MAN....LOLOLOL!

3 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Fynestboi: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
. Make una wait 4 my testimony join wit experience wit jamb afta wen i gain admisn.Loading...

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
kandiikane: Wait, I'm confused? Do youths in nigeria start their degree at 16?

which country do u stay?N i wil like 2 knw at wat year youth in ur country start their degree.Thanks
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Remii(m): 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
kandiikane: Wait, I'm confused? Do youths in nigeria start their degree at 16?

University of ife now, OAU, never had age limit for admission, so seeing 14yrs in part one was common in those days.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by buzyguy: 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
8yrz nw,av bn optn 4medicne,bt already got a diploma.NEVA get lez dan 284 in my jamb resultz except lastyr.i wz admittd uniben 2010 medcine bt disaccredtdd then.later on givn optometry,bt declined da offer.YESTERDAY i sat 4jamb again nd pray am favoured ds yr cuz of da courz.thks as u do!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands / Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! / UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.