Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,558 members, 7,865,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:39 PM

Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This (49019 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) / Courses Available In Unilorin Part-time Prog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by okoomoge2(m): 2:31am On Apr 28, 2013
Kk

8 Likes

Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by tundelomo(m): 2:53am On Apr 28, 2013
elphamexcels: Ma name is Olakunle Excel, a graduate of O.A.U. I was once in unilorin, studying biochemistry, i left in 2008 when i had the opportunity of another admission at O.A.U.
To be candid, Ilorin is far worst than the author of this thread has posted,
its a school that prides itself in impacting fear in its students,
Oloyede was the V.C then,
I remember there were cameras in the Faculty of Science walkway,
I remember we had to forcefully purchase handouts.
I remember lectures were 7am-7pm, I remember 70% of the students had to stay in town (off-campus), because there was just only 1male hall, 2 female hall and 1Post Graduate hall of residence.
I remember almost all stalites had failed a course at one time or the other.
I remember after a year, over 1000 students are forced to leave because they cant cope with all this, especially the academic calender rush.
I remember we had to spend so much on transport to school everyday, d distance from skolgate to 'inside campus' was really longgggg.
I remember, ur best cloths would get so dusty before 12noon cos no tarred roads except the major routes, so unlike O.A.U
e.t.c
And then I get to see it rated as one of Nigeria's best, If this is Nigeria's best, then we have a very bad problem.
Dats all.
why ar u such a liar? Jst tell them you were given face tanke tinz or simply could not cope again. Must you lie because u want to impress?

3 Likes

Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 3:05am On Apr 28, 2013
O boy mi no dey dere o..........if ambali catch u na face Tanke o or better still ile apa
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by dollyptosh(m): 3:21am On Apr 28, 2013
zameen: The guy is so on point especially on faculty of engineering and engineering students.
a faculty scholar saying diamond is cheaper thats a lie!
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by hargbolahan(m): 3:39am On Apr 28, 2013
loool.....funny things happen in this planet called EARTH!!! OP...so u knew things like this abt unilorin nd u went ahead 2 apply 4 admission there or probably, u ddnt know, u shd have withdrawn from d scl nd go 2 some other scls 2 seek greener pasture. Who told u most of these tinz dont happen in other unis. 3...i really wonder whether u've got no beta tin doing than compiling tinz lyk diz. I'm an engineering student nd i dnt nid 2 read 4 18hrs 2 get ma 4.6 rising higher. UNILORIN STILL REMAINS D BETTER BY FAR IN NIPERIA TODAY .

1 Like

Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Nobody: 4:31am On Apr 28, 2013
auto_freak2020: This is not to bring down my school but only to share with you what media will never tell you about unilorin. If you are a unilorin student or alumni, i'm sure you can add to this in your own way.
It's only in unilorin that you will see a prof. telling an undergraduate student to pick dirts.
It's only in unilorin students that put on their ID card in Lagos.
It's only in unilorin a department will not produce 2.1 student in 16 years.
It's only in unilorin faculty of engineering and technology is call FACULTY OF BAD BOYS.
It's only in unilorin you will see students reading for 18hours and annointing PC before,during and after CBT exams.
It's only in unilorin your girl friend will report you to the authority and you get instant suspension.
It's only in unilorin student eat bread and akara and call it burger.
It's only in unilorin you will find a department with just 3 students (pharmacy).
Only unilorin denies student from carry out project research and uses lab equipments and apparatus as DECORATION.
Only in unilorin you will see students serving purnishment in front of the class.
Only in unilorin you will see father and daughters lecturing in the same faculty (science).
Unilorin has the highest number of student serving extra year in Nigerian.
Only in unilorin, SUG and faculty presidents are synonymous with extra year.
Only in unilorin lathe machines were imported without operating manual and has been in work shop for 6 years without any operator.
Only in unilorin a unilorin student will become VC and insults his lecturers that are yet to retire.
Only in unilorin students are being forced to carry their ID cards on their chest.
Only in unilorin an engineering SCHOLAR will argue with you that gold is more expensive and less available than diamond that is diamond is cheaper than gold.
Only in unilorin a carton of goldcircle condom evaporates in the school clinic per week.
Only in unilorin you will see lecturers begging students to CRAM, learning has been crucified and cramming is embraced.
Now, tell us those stuffs that happens in your institution being it college of education, polythecnic, monothecnic or uninversity.

Factless writeup. By d way, hw was ur jamb xterday? Am pretty sure u cheated.

2 Likes

Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 28, 2013
redcliff: And its only in unilorin you would come across undergrads who cannot make good use of english.

like d original poster of dis thread.
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Nobody: 4:49am On Apr 28, 2013
rali123: Only in Unilorin will a lecturer tell u Grade 'A' is for God, 'B' is for him while student can start struggling from 'C' downward.

Fact.
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by VirginFinder: 4:59am On Apr 28, 2013
olawalebabs: It seems you are having a running battle with the school for you to have pen the above. Never bad mouth your school or your former employer

Trash!

This 'don't bad mouth your former employer' stuff has been overemphasized in recent times.

Is it in the bible?

Are you not going to end up lying in some scenarios thereby committing sin?

Can't we just be honest and sincere?

Thank God, I'm out of that labour(slave) market for good.

To hell with their job(s)!!
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Stlatyv(m): 5:23am On Apr 28, 2013
Tmex: @ op is this suppose to be a make front page hustle? I used to be a student of unilorin and its wrong of you to say a lecturer asked you to pick dirts even when the school had a whole lot of cleaners and if u hv bn called upon to pick dirts,am sorry perhaps u re already looking like a cleaner. *Anyone u find still hanging hs I D card as fa as lagos must be a proud student of the school who truely understands the worth of the school*bread and akara is known to be student's food not only in unilorin,I wonder why you make it look like u hv not bn eating bread and akara before now......U DON'T VALUE WOT U VE UNTIL U LOOSE IT
thumb up 4 u. Jst damn on point
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Stlatyv(m): 5:25am On Apr 28, 2013
Only in unilorin u get admited nd graduate witout a single day 'strike'.
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by VirginFinder: 5:32am On Apr 28, 2013
I met a couple of Unilorin graduates during my NYSC some years back.

Most of them were just happy to graduate irrespective of their grade. Only one of those I met made a 2.1.

They all couldnt but lament about the sadist and islamist nature of the institution.

Unilorin is for my type though. I'd have coped and done pretty well if I attended there.

But why are all these federal universities copying/trying hard to copy Covenant University?

It seems they are now even outdoing it in its own game.

SMH
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Nobody: 5:33am On Apr 28, 2013
coefoe:
As in! *Singing*
If u go to UI, na ur fault!
If u go 2 unilag, na ur fault!
If u go to ekpoma, na ur fault!
If u go 2 unilorin, na ur fault!
Great ife na the only baba of aluta, o yes!

Great ife folks pls continue that song cheesy
No place like OAU, Ile-Ife. In fact it is a leadership school. I remember the respect we and products of UI are accorded in NYSC orientation camps and PPA.
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Stlatyv(m): 5:53am On Apr 28, 2013
Abeg who is dat idiot called 'olakunle' dat claimed to gain admision into unilorin in '2008' nd they were forced to buy 'handout'. Na God go punish ur mouth. 4 unilorin handout? Such lectr if caught wil b expeled instantaneously. Even though u wil find some selin it secretly bt am very sure if d stds report such act he is gone. Abeg tel me na which skul in d world ar stalites no dey fail one course or d oda,if u no get beta thing to talk its nt compulsory to 4 u to b alterin irelivant nd immature things,it brings down ur charisma nd dat of ur skul. I respect O. A. U dan wat am hearin 4rm a std of dat same skul.
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Gboyee4fun(m): 6:03am On Apr 28, 2013
olu4life: Na una sabi o. IMO, Unilorin is more like a muslim school to me. I rep FUNAAB

i rep funaab too, we are funaabites
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Stlatyv(m): 6:07am On Apr 28, 2013
Gboyee4fun:

i rep funaab too, we are funaabites
ar stds allowed to wear iresponsibles wears at christian skul ni? Or wat makes a 'muslim skul'. Wat den wil u cal 'alhikmah university' ma funabite guy
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 28, 2013
olawalebabs: It seems you are having a running battle with the school for you [b]to have pen [/b]the above. Never bad mouth your school or your former employer

1 Like

Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by lekanolaolu: 6:48am On Apr 28, 2013
Capnd143: most importantly, only in unilorin will a student come to nairaland front page and unclad his alma matta
i dnt tink u knw d meanin of alma mata. Have u 4goten so soon he is stil an active stdnt dia?
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by prodam(m): 7:05am On Apr 28, 2013
@onegig...I still dey alive oo..abeg show ur face..
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by kennymighty(m): 7:08am On Apr 28, 2013
skydeep: Funny school
its only in LAUTECH lecturers will tell u A is for GOD, B is for the profs.. C for the brilliant lecturers... D,E and F for the average and struglling students....
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by santakris(m): 7:12am On Apr 28, 2013
Lathe machine part of d story is true sha. They hv actually refused to employ technical staff to man it.
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by anonimi: 7:15am On Apr 28, 2013
There is nothing wrong to constructively criticise and point out the negatives of an institution with which you are associated. It will only make the place better IF the authorities are receptive to criticism.

So OP carry go.
Anyone can add or subtract from what he has written based on HIS/HER OWN experience.

Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Azumy(f): 7:20am On Apr 28, 2013
Tmex: @ op is this suppose to be a make front page hustle? I used to be a student of unilorin and its wrong of you to say a lecturer asked you to pick dirts even when the school had a whole lot of cleaners and if u hv bn called upon to pick dirts,am sorry perhaps u re already looking like a cleaner. *Anyone u find still hanging hs I D card as fa as lagos must be a proud student of the school who truely understands the worth of the school*bread and akara is known to be student's food not only in unilorin,I wonder why you make it look like u hv not bn eating bread and akara before now......U DON'T VALUE WOT U VE UNTIL U LOOSE IT
wa se re! U said it all.
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by kennymighty(m): 7:28am On Apr 28, 2013
its only in LAUTECH you hear a lecturer say A is meant for GOD, B for profs, C for good lecturers, D,E and F fro brilliant and struglling students
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by tunesoft(m): 7:35am On Apr 28, 2013
Enough said about all these better by far....my alma mata dis nd dat....frankly speaking, uniilorin isa good scul..at least students get to graduate at stipulated time . Buh really, asides from the fact that Nigeria of today needs brilliant disciplined, God fearing graduates-this qualities u see in sculs like ilorin, UI, UNAAB, Lag, UNIMAID, UNIPORT and so on...most of these graduates are cowards, timid, take shit from the outside world, u say sit..(Like a dog-they sit...) That's d kind of graduates that take shit from the government..(Rem the uniilorin 33 lectures crises where even the scul itself could not fight for Their own. UNAAB graduates are so shy...UI graduates thinks d solution of Nigeria of today is by reading. U are noteven allowed to gain entrepenueral skills while in school..they all come out nd they realise 'damn life is not all about book nd being pple fearful alone'.....BUH Thank God for a School like Great ife (OAU)..that chun out graduates who are not cowards...brilliant, disciplined gradutes that know their rights. The school affords u various oppurtunites...jobberman is owned by an ife grad..am sure oif the guy had been to ilorin probably would still be job hunting, am not sayin OAU is perfect, buh OAU produces wat Nigeria of today needs in a graduate. What it takes to stand up and make a change, just unfornute that the few that OAU graduates are not enough as they are mixed with timid nd.....from other sculs..wish all sculs are like GREATEST IFE..just a wish.

2 Likes

Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by onegig(m): 7:35am On Apr 28, 2013
prodam: @onegig...I still dey alive oo..abeg show ur face..
you know who's talking so need to elaborate. How cbr?
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by flexylegzy: 7:37am On Apr 28, 2013
Am sure d writter is presently splashing.dat na why he dey vex
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Smilezix: 7:40am On Apr 28, 2013
Na so...;->
it's only in futminna a lectural will ask a question in d class nd if u can provide him with a reasonable answer, u'll pay #50...s.e.t/semt
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by tundelomo(m): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2013
St.latyv:
Abeg who is dat idiot called 'olakunle' dat claimed to gain admision into unilorin in '2008' nd they were forced to buy 'handout'. Na God go punish ur mouth. 4 unilorin handout? Such lectr if caught wil b expeled instantaneously. Even though u wil find some selin it secretly bt am very sure if d stds report such act he is gone. Abeg tel me na which skul in d world ar stalites no dey fail one course or d oda,if u no get beta thing to talk its nt compulsory to 4 u to b alterin irelivant nd immature things,it brings down ur charisma nd dat of ur skul. I respect O. A. U dan wat am hearin 4rm a std of dat same skul.
don't mind the mumu jare. I don't know where he got all he said from.
Re: Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2013
@op..
'tis only in UNILORIN that a student graduate wv 2 degrees: learning and character..

father n daughter teachin..hmm,let obaleye catch u.so u envy tht a father's daughter is makin her father proud..u ehn

then bread n akara,guy we wu enjoy it call it FORMULA..nd i know u eat it also(kiosk 11 tns)

study in unilorin,succeed anywhere..better by far university
am a proud unilorite o..nd am nt a 'bad boy'...trust me!..am an engine BOI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

These Ladies Recreated The Picture They Took In 2006 While In Secondary School / Survival Tactics You Must Know / Hilarious Final Year Sign Out: Check Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.