Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Jumia Salary For A Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jumia Salary For A Graduate (47082 Views)

Enlisting In The Nigerian Police Force As A Graduate. / What Is Zenith Banks Salary For Entry Level (teller) Staff. / Salary For Customs(custom Recruitment) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by yuzedo: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2013
mediainspired: @saxywale, dont mind d OP, he seems like juvenile - just like most of d commentators here. U know dem by their by their puerile thot process &infertile comments Just like a cheeky tot here was using a juvenile slang like 'friggin' for othets in a faceless forum like NL where u dont know WHO IS WHO. Do u know if am a top shotv@Jumia? Do u know if am one of d intervirwers. Or do u think Jumia ppl wont log in here &culd track d OP. Wat arrogant 'homework' is he doing? 'He wants to know their pay range so he knows whether to HONOUR THE INTERVIEW OR NOT.' What presumtuosness! Dont u know wat u want? Or do u think they will employ u if u dont match their criteria. @dat stage (IF U PASS) IS LARGELY IMMATERIAL. Birds of a feather, mostly new graduates wit feathers in their head &eho got a long way to learn but quick to throw mud @informed advice.
My guy abeg shut up with your stupid spellings and awful grammar.

You wey never get job dey form papas. WHO ARE YOU?! ABEG GO SIDDON! Trying to feel intellectual on a faceless forum and achieving the exact opposite. Your mentality is skewered. And your points are unbelievably ret@rded.

Who says the op doesn't have the right to turn down an invite? You think everyone is desperate to be interviewed or wants to waste their time on some low-paying crap-job? Some people have a goal. Some people know their worth, and thus have established a benchmark for potential employers. You wouldn't know anything about that now, would you? Half-baked jungle-monkey thinking companies do you a favor by hiring you. Get yo drippin' arzzzz outta here you uncle-tom motherfuckerrr! undecided

10 Likes

Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by fittty(m): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2013
Anyone looking for a similar kinda jb should go to Mr Price jst beside Shoprrite/Cash and carry at dugbe ibadan. They're recuriting!
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by MzHolly(f): 9:52am On Apr 28, 2013
sholay2011:
Who is android? Is it the name of a villaain in '24'? undecided

What is htc? Is it a sub-department under human resources? Mschew!
Lol
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by drlizzy(f): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2013
yuzedo:

You wey never get job dey form papas. WHO ARE YOU?! ABEG GO SIDDON! Trying to feel intellectual on a faceless forum and achieving the exact opposite. Your mentality is skewered. And your points are unbelievably ret@rded.

Who says the op doesn't have the right to turn down an invite? You think everyone is desperate to be interviewed or wants to waste their time on some low-paying crap-job? Some people have a goal. Some people know their worth, and thus have established a benchmark for potential employers. You wouldn't know anything about that now, would you? Half-baked jungle-monkey thinking companies do you a favor by hiring you. Get yo drippin' arzzzz outta here you uncle-tom motherfuckerrr! undecided
Boys are seriously vexing
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by tonididdy(m): 10:11am On Apr 28, 2013
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by pendusky(m): 10:31am On Apr 28, 2013
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by sogah: 10:37am On Apr 28, 2013
Congratulations! To even get an invite is a sign that u r good enough to be considered.

Asking for the salary range is indeed a very relevant question-it shows you have really did a research about the company.Try to go with the range most people have given here.

However, you shouldn't have said the salary will determine whether u will honour the invite or not as many are out there looking for any job that will keep them busy.

I wish you all the best. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by touchmeder: 11:13am On Apr 28, 2013
oxygen25: Are you guys going nuts? Do you want them to under-pay/ short-pay me? Or is it when I am negotiating salary amount with them, then I should log on to Nairaland, and ask, abi?

As rightly stressed by some here, I need to get my facts right before proceeding, so I don't goof. Meanwhile, I don't have that stewpid mindset of failing during the interviews, if I should start then I must get the job (with God). Joooorrrr ooo!

So lemme ask again, any idea of Jumia's salary for a fresh graduate

Nothing do you jare. I think some people here are just jealous of the fact you have gone this far in your job search and by God's grace you are nearly clinching the job. You see some asking how did you get to that stage, how did you get invited etc. That should tell you something. People are looking for jobs and there is nothing wrong in op's question. I know someone who lost a job for this salary issue. He over hyped what he wanted to get and he only realized how much they pay their staff much later. He still believes that is the reason why he lost that job because he went all the way to the final interview. So please let poster be; knowledge they say is power...
All the best

1 Like

Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by degubi(m): 11:45am On Apr 28, 2013
My brother keep doing your research and even if you don't find out on this forum try asking some other place. Knowledge is power and there is no crime in asking questions to get answers. Sorry i do not know the answer to your question but my best advice is that you work within the range of 50k-60k. Or just tell the panel that they can pay you based on the salary scale they have already in place for employees at the starting level.
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2013
gbokukueba: A company that advertises a product on its site and make you pay for it only to come back and say it is out of stock and offer you a higher priced substitute... i dont trust them... Go with an open mind!

I thought you pay on delivery?
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by raiszy2k(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
Instead of asking how to prepare for an interview you are asking much them de pay.
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by pappythinko(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
folabunmi: I was invited for their telesales/customer service position but didn't really do well, because I consider it being a sit all day job to be a disadvantage, so I opted out.
"didn't really do well" and "sit all day job" abi you ddn't scale the interview hurdle wey you cme dey form onetin onetin for here.... Please next time u receive such invite abeg no forget ur bruh for here. Pardon my sarcasm though. tkc!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by Burger01(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
yuzedo:

Yuzzy, no vex abeg. If you vex Nairaland server go crash. The clown just dey show off and dey put people off in the process. Him fit be manager? Lailai.. Him no even get managerial skills and come dey talk say him fit be yeye top shot for Jumia. Lol.
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by Burger01(m): 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
sogah: Congratulations! To even get an invite is a sign that u r good enough to be considered.

Asking for the salary range is indeed a very relevant question-it shows you have really did a research about the company.Try to go with the range most people have given here.

However, you shouldn't have said the salary will determine whether u will honour the invite or not as many are out there looking for any job that will keep them busy.

I wish you all the best. smiley
Yeah, salary shouldn't determine whether to or not to grace the invite. I still have a letter of employment from a top Micro-Finance bank in Lagos as IT Manager though I rejected the appointment because the pay was less my expectations and in no way better than my previous job back then. But, if the Op is currently not employed and was given employment in Jumia he could still accept, even if the pay falls below expectations and he would be able to garner experience and job skills rather than staying @ home jobless.
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
mediainspired: @OP, if am on the panel of interviewers &ppl like u, RawDeal &Barthx com wit ur invites, u can be sure u wil be turned bak @dis very 1st stage. Forget skills, u all failed on d personality index! &if u ARE REALLY INTELLIGENT like u are trying to front, u will know their salary range within 2 days witout comin here. Ur motives (I can count 3!) are soo suspect. Doing ur homework indeed! I repeat, if u ar so brilliant, u wuld know wit a quick, detailed, result-oriented research if ar ingenious. It's not that hard.

See this one-man, container business owner saying crap. Its not graduates your type employs so you don't really have a say
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by henrijin: 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
oxygen25: Any idea? Before I honour their interview invite. Thanks
No. Don't honour. Wait here for idea. U dey find work seriously!
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by k4kenny(f): 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
Mt neighbour told M̶̲̅ε̲̣ about a friend who just landed a job at Jumia as a marketer. Starting salary is 44k plus commissions on every sale made ( don't know what %). She was also given a Samsung galaxy tab and was told to make a minimum of 40 sales per month shocked. Meaning she must sell more than 1 item per day in order not ti get fired. Hope this helps d OP.
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by oxygen25: 8:26am On Apr 29, 2013
Chai! See nairalanders, anyway, thanks for your inputs.
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by einsteine(m): 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
I wonder why Nigerian companies ask fresh graduates/entry level workers about salary expectations. It is not as if these companies plan to negotiate with you in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by gentlepal: 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
pls how did u apply for jumia job? i need de job
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
I AM REALLY SORRRRRRRRY COS DS PAGE IS BASTARDISED
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by gbokukueba(m): 10:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
RICHIE BOI:

I thought you pay on delivery?

You have an option to pay online and it attracks some discounts...
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by oliwaseunojo: 8:11am On May 03, 2013
Has anyone been inVited for the second stage?
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by derommyvent: 10:36am On May 03, 2013
oliwaseunojo: Has anyone been inVited for the second stage?
I haven't heard from them either.
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by gentlepal: 1:00am On May 07, 2013
hello house i got an invitation for interview last nit but no date n time for de interview. Pls those that v gone for customer service/telesales interview.wat was asked? pls share it here
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by gentlepal: 4:41pm On May 07, 2013
Pls what is marking script and Calibration
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by nobleehis: 10:53pm On May 07, 2013
Please don't insult me cos I know say boys dey vex! But please if you have an idea on how I can scale the test/interview. Plus I have done some research but if there is any extra info I can gather please let me know! And before anything don't ask me what info I have gathered. Any info plus the one I have gotten before is good. (You never know what is important) I just wanna pass this test.
Re: Jumia Salary For A Graduate by adewasco2k(m): 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Amina1212: Jumia are frauds. NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. IT IS SURE TO BE OVERPRICED AND SUBSTANDARD. THE BLACKBERRY THEY SOLD TO ME WAS MADE FROM TAIWAN.I bought the Blackberry curve 6 from them in July, 2013. In a month, the phone's screen went white. They first sent to a shop in Computer Village where I was berated for buying a phone online where fraud is constant. All in all, the service centre is not for jumia and the issue was not resolved. I called them again and they said they will retrieve the phone.They retrieved the phone and its 2 days less two weeks and they havent bothered to call or give any information. Their incompetent customer care lot will keep reading phrases from their textbooks on what they have been told to say. Now they are with the phone and with the money. Till now, they have not contacted me or found a solution to their fraudulent sales issues.
Learn from my experience. Even if it is resolved, you would pay blood to get them to be a 0.01% of who they advertise themselves to be.
i am sorry you had such an experience what about those of us who have good experience with them? i have no reason to believe they are fraud, that's a wrong word to choose, bad or incompetent customer care agents? maybe, just keep on disturbing them, i am sure they will answer you, guess they are trying to fix it for you. pele

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Medpro Global Resources A Genuine Company? / Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? / SSS In Recruitment Scandal – Katsina 51, Akwa Ibom 5; Kano 25.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.