Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (52156 Views)

Innjoo F2 Android Tablet Specifications, Features And Price -mymobnet! / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
Lord_Reed:

I just got a HD game so lemme test it tonight. It does get warm when charging and calling and I have been on H+ since I got the device so I guess I am getting to drain the battery like a BlackBerry.
I saw dis comment in F7 thread (orosun55: guy no try buy. DAT dream
d1 too Na desktop ;;;d battery is
worster Dan worstest and its not
removeable), is the ba3 dat bad ni?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2013
Godvilla: Hahahahahah....... Am laughing in Cantonese cheesy
Get a D1 and meet me face 2 face, lets boil it down physically and not Benchmarks.

Are you in Abuja?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
TrebleChamp: I saw dis comment in F7 thread (orosun55: guy no try buy. DAT dream
d1 too Na desktop ;;;d battery is
worster Dan worstest and its not
removeable), is the ba3 dat bad ni?

So far it has been behaving like a blackberry battery. I am yet to fully test it but my early perception is with heavy use it will only last about 6hrs.

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
This thread is inactive. We need more info. about the phone. To those that have gotten the phone, what issues have you come noticed?
It is surprising that Tecno Phantom's thread is way more active than this.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 3:49am On Jun 06, 2013
s3nn2x: This thread is inactive. We need more info. about the phone. To those that have gotten the phone, what issues have you come noticed?

It is more active because the name Tecno is more recognized than Gionee.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 06, 2013
s3nn2x: This thread is inactive. We need more info. about the phone. To those that have gotten the phone, what issues have you come noticed?
Yea, becos Tecno is a product we can rely on and not dis GHOST of a fone. Still wondering y the bat is un-removeable.
What were they thinking of wen they brought dis phone to 9ja? Considering the situation we face with light and the android hacking process.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 10:22am On Jun 06, 2013
Godvilla: Yea, becos Tecno is a product we can rely on and not dis GHOST of a fone. Still wondering y the bat is un-removeable.
What were they thinking of wen they brought dis phone to 9ja? Considering the situation we face with light and the android hacking process.
Yes, the phone might be a Ghost in Nigeria but are you aware that phone maker is the second highest selling phone brand in China after Samsung? I know the obvious disadvantages of the phone, like non-removable battery, poor picture quality in low-light situation, lack of service centres etc. I have read lots of reviews on the internet and I am impressed.But same cannot be said of Tecno. It has no presence on the internet. I cannot buy a phone I know nothing about. Btw, the size, shape and look of the phone suits my needs.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
s3nn2x: poor picture quality in low-light situation

Have to disagree with. Check out the low light samples I posted earlier. Pixelation is quite low even in perfect darkness.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Have to disagree with. Check out the low light samples I posted earlier. Pixelation is quite low even in perfect darkness.
Pardon my ignorance. But can you explain in a layman's language? Your pics are quite nice..especially the one u snapped that lady with the front camera. Are you saying that the camera is alright? I know we have dealt with this issue before. But I am just saying most of the reviewers complained about the picture quality in poorly lit areas. BTW, how is the phone. I am sure you have had ample time to study it. I want to know the issues you had with the phone and the qualities you liked the most about the phone. thanks!!!
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
Godvilla: Yea, becos Tecno is a product we can rely on and not dis GHOST of a fone. Still wondering y the bat is un-removeable.

Check out other models from Gionee and compare with ur Tecno-pure waters. Even if they are giving out Tecno free of charge, I won't use it. No matter how wonderful a Tecno phone seems, the poeple's negative mindset towards it still remain. I'll rather buy infinix or any other product.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
busoye19:

Check out other models from Gionee and compare with ur Tecno-pure waters. Even if they are giving out Tecno free of charge, I won't use it. No matter how wonderful a Tecno phone seems, the poeple's negative mindset towards it still remain. I'll rather buy infinix or any other product.
Dat's ur ur pill 2 take...
Just listen 2 urself, u'll rather buy an Infinix device Do u knw Infinix? Or dis Gionee?
Besides, i'll advice anybody who wants 2 get a smartfone 2 stay away 4rm Infinix.
Btw am not using a Tecno device. SONY XPERIA S all the way wink

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
s3nn2x: Pardon my ignorance. But can you explain in a layman's language? Your pics are quite nice..especially the one u snapped that lady with the front camera. Are you saying that the camera is alright? I know we have dealt with this issue before. But I am just saying most of the reviewers complained about the picture quality in poorly lit areas. BTW, how is the phone. I am sure you have had ample time to study it. I want to know the issues you had with the phone and the qualities you liked the most about the phone. thanks!!!

Yep the the camera is great. Pixelation refers to all the dots you see when a picture is taken either in poorly lit conditions or by a low megapixel camera.

As for the phone its got a great screen and good performance both in apps and browsing. Its biggest weakness is battery life. Heavy use will drain the battery in about 6 hours. If you do moderate use it will last you more than 12 hours though but I doubt anyone with this phone will do moderate use lol.

Overall the phone is a great buy and I am quite pleased with it.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by omobone(m): 12:01am On Jun 07, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Yep the the camera is great. Pixelation refers to all the dots you see when a picture is taken either in poorly lit conditions or by a low megapixel camera.

As for the phone its got a great screen and good performance both in apps and browsing. Its biggest weakness is battery life. Heavy use will drain the battery in about 6 hours. If you do moderate use it will last you more than 12 hours though but I doubt anyone with this phone will do moderate use lol.

Overall the phone is a great buy and I am quite pleased with it.

Then, guess...its time to get a PowerBank

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 6:45am On Jun 07, 2013
omobone:

Then, guess...its time to get a PowerBank

How efficient is ur power bank?? What's that capacity and how can I get one in Abuja?? ?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
Lord_Reed:
So far it has been behaving like a blackberry battery. I am yet to fully test it but my early perception is with heavy use it will only last about 6hrs.
Have u been able to run a comprehensive ba3 test? Pls tell me more abut d ba3 cos dat is my only worry abut dis device. Thenks
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by mrdrizzy(m): 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
s3nn2x: Yes, the phone might be a Ghost in Nigeria but are you aware that phone maker is the second highest selling phone brand in China after Samsung? I know the obvious disadvantages of the phone, like non-removable battery, poor picture quality in low-light situation, lack of service centres etc. I have read lots of reviews on the internet and I am impressed.But same cannot be said of Tecno. It has no presence on the internet. I cannot buy a phone I know nothing about. Btw, the size, shape and look of the phone suits my needs.
i dnt knw,bt i jst seem to disagree with this..where did u put zte or zopo(that is all china sales site front page).or the thl and jiayu brand...are u really sure of this,or u jst saying it jst to impress d fone..i myself have doubt sha!
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
mr.drizzy:
i dnt knw,bt i jst seem to disagree with this..where did u put zte or zopo(that is all china sales site front page).or the thl and jiayu brand...are u really sure of this,or u jst saying it jst to impress d fone..i myself have doubt sha!
I am not saying that the phone is the best phone in the world. All I wrote was what I saw online. Thank God google is an open source of information, you can as well check it out. Don't forget I said '2nd highest selling phone brand in China' and not '2nd highest selling Chinese phone brand' they mean different things. I don't even own the phone.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
s3nn2x: I am not saying that the phone is the best phone in the world. All I wrote was what I saw online. Thank God google is an open source of information, you can as well check it out. Don't forget I said '2nd highest selling phone brand in China' and not '2nd highest selling Chinese phone brand' they mean different things. I don't even own the phone.
There is no gionee phone brand on aliexpress.com, dhgate.com, exotalk.com or even pandawill.com. Maybe there be a reason why this chinese site dont sell gionee product, the brand is quite popular in india but i doubt if its well received in china.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
TrebleChamp: There is no gionee phone brand on aliexpress.com, dhgate.com, exotalk.com or even pandawill.com. Maybe there be a reason why this chinese site dont sell gionee product, the brand is quite popular in india but i doubt if its well received in china.
Okay, whatever you say. I was just stating what I saw in numerous sites (Indian sites sha). Let us not derail this thread. Whether the phone is the 2nd highest selling phone brand or not in China should not be an issue. All we want is a cool product. And we are here to review Gionee Dream D1 that is all!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
Finally got root!

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Owlumeday(m): 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
holusormi: Don't care bout d specs
Buh d fact ramians that ahh will NEVER buy a dual sim chinko android phone for 45k....tue,kelebe,..GOD forbid bad tin

Will rather invest ma money on a good htc sensation
Or at worst samsung galaxy s2...

Dose chinko phones are crappy at best,,forget all dose mouth watering specs

Mstcheww!!!
c ur mouth lyk chinco if u no take care sef chinco go buy u cos samsung sef na south korea abi no b asia dem both dey?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by mrdrizzy(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
TrebleChamp: There is no gionee phone brand on aliexpress.com, dhgate.com, exotalk.com or even pandawill.com. Maybe there be a reason why this chinese site dont sell gionee product, the brand is quite popular in india but i doubt if its well received in china.
abi i tire oh..those are top asia selling sites,even if u check google for "the top selling brand from china" u cant find gionee there .u dnt just base ur facts on all those asia blogs/sites..anyway back to d topic..i see ppl complaining bt the stock ba3,to me i dnt think its bad atall,theres htc one x and htc one which serves very well,i dnt see any reason why dis shouldnt..personally me dont like the removeable ba3 fones..cus dey dnt really have cool design,check out opp find 5 or htc one and see how sleek and cool it is(my taughts though).
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 12:53am On Jun 09, 2013

Very incorrect information. See below:

http://www.etotalk.com/gionee-gn878-android41-quad-core-12ghz-dual-sim-47-inch-hd_p3771.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Gionee-GN878-Quad-Core-CPU-1GB-RAM-4GB-ROM-4-65-Super-AMOLED-PLUS-A-GPS/212691_815680983.html

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by marcjoe(m): 6:23am On Jun 09, 2013
My own airtel gb price is so cheap...
Follow me here
https://www.nairaland.com/1318300/enter-here-get-airtel-2gb
giving out 200mb each to the first five ppl
GOOD MORNING ALL

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 7:11am On Jun 09, 2013
Lord_Reed:
Very incorrect information. See below:
http://www.etotalk.com/gionee-gn878-android41-quad-core-12ghz-dual-sim-47-inch-hd_p3771.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Gionee-GN878-Quad-Core-CPU-1GB-RAM-4GB-ROM-4-65-Super-AMOLED-PLUS-A-GPS/212691_815680983.html
Thenks 4 the clarification and the links, i had previously search 4 gionee phones on dose website but did see any. Welldone man
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by chibuike123(m): 8:04am On Jun 09, 2013
Lord_Reed: Finally got root!
pls how did u do it? Seriously thinking of rooting mine
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by omobone(m): 9:35am On Jun 09, 2013
busoye19:

How efficient is ur power bank?? What's that capacity and how can I get one in Abuja?? ?

Its quite efficient. The capacity is 5600mah and it charges my BB Curve 9360 (BB Curve 4) 3 times from Flat to full @ each times. Thus, it should charge the Dream D1 @least twice. Call me on this number: 08030914150 or add me on Whatsapp

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by eltido(m): 9:43am On Jun 09, 2013
Does the dream d1 phone come in white..?cos thats what attracts me d most in any phone
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
chibuike123: pls how did u do it? Seriously thinking of rooting mine

Follow the instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2254543

Make sure you install the ADB drivers first.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by marcjoe(m): 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
Get 400mb for 200naira airtel card only
send d airtel card with ur airtel number to08161145975...
Time counting after dis post....

Check it out here https://www.nairaland.com/1318300/enter-here-get-airtel-2gb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Takes Android To Computer Village For Fixing & Returns With Iphone (vid) / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Iphone 14: India Man Flies To Dubai To Buy Apple Gadget Early ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.