Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet (24144 Views)

Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! / Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by mj(m): 9:08pm On Jun 20, 2013

Electronics giant Samsung unveiled the ATIV Q today, a new tablet that runs two different operating systems simultaneously, Windows 8 and Android version 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating systems.

The ATIV Q offers nine hours of battery life on a full charge, which isn’t bad considering the processor and high-definition display. There’s also the dual-booting to worry about, which comes with some new software called SideSync to share various data between the two separate operating systems.

Samsung is also playing up the Ativ Q’s ability to run Android applications. According to Samsung, the Ativ Q will allow users to “experience both Windows 8 and Android (Jellybean 4.2.2) on the same device.” Android apps can be pinned to the Windows 8 start screen and run directly from there. The Ativ Q lets users get Android apps directly from the Google Play store and also potentially by copying them from Windows. Samsung says that the device can transfer files and folders between Windows 8 and Android (which we assume will be running virtualized).

The Ativ Q is the larger device, powered by a new Intel Haswell Core i5 CPU (with Intel’s HD Graphics 4400 integrated GPU). It has 4GB of DDR3 RAM and comes with a 128GB SSD. Samsung promises battery life of up to nine hours with the Ativ Q.

http://www.oshadami.com/2013/06/20/samsung-unveils-tablet-that-runs-both-android-jelly-bean-and-windows-8/

2 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Bawss1(m): 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
Finally a Samsung tablet that might just interest me

4 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Francheezy(m): 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2013
hmmmmmm
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by YMCgyna(m): 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
third 2 comment shaaa. .space reserved
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by otikpoko(m): 1:28am On Jun 21, 2013
These guys are not giving apple breathing space o!

4 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by ciphoenix: 2:39am On Jun 21, 2013
Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 21, 2013
Mind blowing specifications... Can't wait to get one...

1 Like

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by timpaker(m): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2013

Huh?

1 Like

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by yimikaa: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2013
2 sweet OS on one tab shocked Samsung is not relenting,they want a large share of the tablet and smartphone market..I can hear samsung saying to apple "EnI duro" tongue..and where those technotians abi na technicians grin.

6 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by ciphoenix: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2013
yimikaa: 2 sweet OS on one tab shocked Samsung is not relenting,they want a large share of the tablet and smartphone market..I can hear samsung saying to apple "EnI duro" tongue..and where those technotians abi na technicians grin.
wasn't made to be anti-ipad, neither can it

1 Like

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by LordReed(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2013
Tablet productivity just took a turn towards superceding that of the laptop or desktop PC. A tablet running on core i5? Men the future is here!

5 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by enobong18: 11:27am On Jun 21, 2013
I hope it's dualness ends at it's OS, not also dual price.

But if it's not dual price, am interested.

5 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by enobong18: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2013
yimikaa: 2 sweet OS on one tab shocked Samsung is not relenting,they want a large share of the tablet and smartphone market..I can hear samsung saying to apple "EnI duro" tongue..and where those technotians abi na technicians grin.

Shhhh, can't you make your noise without disturbing the name TECNO?

8 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by ciphoenix: 11:44am On Jun 21, 2013
Lord_Reed: Tablet productivity just took a turn towards superceding that of the laptop or desktop PC. A tablet running on core i5? Men the future is here!
Thanks to haswell smiley
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by ikechukz(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
I will be among the first set of people to get this tab.........................................................................but only if it sells below 30k

2 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Lagusta(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2013

16 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Lagusta(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
ikechukz: I will be among the first set of people to get this tab.........................................................................but only if it sells below 30k

yeah, me too, lol
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by LordReed(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
ciphoenix: Thanks to haswell smiley

O boy! I would love to see the benchmark scores for this device.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by ciphoenix: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lord_Reed:

O boy! I would love to see the benchmark scores for this device.
intel has finally arrived to oust ARM grin give em 2 more releases for to bring out 14nm chips. Heard the haswell chips offer 15% performance increase over ivy bridge. Imagine that power kicking through mobile benchmarks shocked
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by LordReed(m): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
ciphoenix: intel has finally arrived to oust ARM grin give em 2 more releases for to bring out 14nm chips. Heard the haswell chips offer 15% performance increase over ivy bridge. Imagine that power kicking through mobile benchmarks shocked

Bros my imagination is dancing ajasco!
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by omotayos01(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
Where are d technocian, am waitin 4 u to com and compare ur crappy tablet wit dis one,afta al wat samsung can do, techno can do beta at a low price

1 Like

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Fhemmmy: 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
I remember when people were saying on NL that samsung is going down and i opposed that, Now we see, Samsung aint going nowhere, Apple needs to be worried . . . No wonder they are going after samsung, cos they could see what we never did
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Bawss1(m): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
A sweet Windroid device indeed. I wish they slammed cellular broadband into that mix.

1 Like

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Bawss1(m): 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
Fhemmmy: I remember when people were saying on NL that samsung is going down and i opposed that, Now we see, Samsung aint going nowhere, Apple needs to be worried . . . No wonder they are going after samsung, cos they could see what we never did

Any talk of Samsung going down only stemmed from ignorant Techno fan boys.

3 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2013
Bawss1:

Any talk of Samsung going down only stemmed from ignorant Techno fan boys.

Lol . . .Not really, even in the western world cos of the suit of Apple against Samsung after teh Samsung Note 1, when Note was taken off the shelves in USA . . It was not easy and i give kudos to Samsung for toughing it out
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by deor03(m): 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2013
Oyinbo dey think, black man dey buy

4 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
samsung na were. i swear
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Acidosis(m): 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
grin grin omo...

Nokia don die patapata.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by camelus: 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Bawss1: Finally a Samsung tablet that might just interest me
Honestly......
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by irich21(m): 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
Wow! this cool
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by MiloRambaldi(m): 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
This has got to be the best tablet so far. Any docking options?
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
na wa ooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Blackberry Faces Ban In Nigeria And Users Faith Untold / Etisalat Daily Facebook Subscription Plan, How To Opt Out (solved) / My Phantom 6 Unboxing Picture Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.