Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria (55400 Views)

Vanguard : S-west Is Nigeria’s Kidnap Capital — Report / Really, How Far Behind India Is Nigeria? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by mercenaryx(m): 7:15am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Are you telling me that Nigerians have become desensitized to these conditions?
No. I am telling you that Nigerians face reality, we are dirty-GBAM and we want to be better (which we are doing) but flaunting our dirtiness is not part of being better. It is mockery and wanting to be noticed. And please the fact that we are the giant of Africa does not have any connection with our dirtiness. For Jah sake America is the most powerful country but France is by far more tidy than America- so that issue of giant or not is an agumentum ad hominem

3 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by imperiouxx(m): 7:15am On Apr 29, 2013
CFCfan:

Abeg, Nigeria is the giant of Africa. Have u been to Akwa Ibom lately? OMG, its far better than Texas

Governor Godswill "Prado Jeep" Akpabio is the best thing since slice bread. grin

Even T.A. Orji (Abia) is "comparable to Nelson Mandela", according to one of his commissioners.

Tell me this is just a joke to make some town criers happy.... abi?
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by lonamy: 7:16am On Apr 29, 2013
REALITY101: I've seen seminar houses in northern ghetto part of Houston they call it 3rd world or some shitt like that

I have some pictures of bad side of Texas to upload but they are too large to fit in.

Please load on Youtube and send the link to Nairaland. I want to see the forgotten part of Huston.
Thanks.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by abifoluwa: 7:21am On Apr 29, 2013
Wow, Cant these places dirty gan ni, still think @op is being biased a lil bit tho, but nonetheless, human shouldn't be living in these conditions. Thought rossik and billy the goat said naija is good for everybody, i am very sure these people here wished they were born somewhere else, far away from the borders of a "safe nation." angry

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by mercenaryx(m): 7:21am On Apr 29, 2013
Biafra diplomat: I will certainly post the same roads she posted above, every one knows that motorcycles have been banned in Aba for many years, yet she is showing commercial bikes in her pictures, what does that tell you?
Fact!

3 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

Tell me this is just a joke to make some town criers happy.... abi?

Na joke o.
BTW, your siggy is funny as hell. grin
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by drnoel: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

For the failure of leadership and governance, Abia state as a case study has been reduced to filth.
I think only aba would break any record on dirty cities. Its has been their storey for long.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 7:25am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Enugu

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM7fQZLzOXPrUBB9Edb2Jlu-G8hAPRjHY-jorcAa_Y6BzX1BL-[/img]

Wow! Hold it right there, missy! A thatched/mud house in Enugu? Now that's a lie.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 7:26am On Apr 29, 2013
Good job, Texas Cowgirl. Folks who grow up amid the squalor and filth you have shown the world just don't realize that there is anything abnormal about it. They are baffled and hurt that anyone would complain about the hellish landscape they have created and nurtured every day of their lives, since they feel quite at home amid those steaming trash mountain ranges that once were streets.

Nigerian leadership is only PARTLY to blame for the sewage-encrusted landscape recorded in the preceding photographs, because unlike in the West, where there are severe penalties for littering and illegal refuse dumping, Nigerians are brought up in an environment where it is perfectly normal to throw trash out the car window, squat proudly in the open and take a huge crap to feed the waiting swarms of flies, or empty a dump-truck full of refuse right in the middle of the street.

A Lagos taxi driver once explained to me that the location of the previous evening's rush hour is normally evidenced by the increased depths of road-side "snow drifts", comprising empty plastic bags that once contained "pure water" which is often sourced from open sewers, for consumption by gridlocked motorists, who then discard the plastic bags out their car windows, so as to keep the inside of their cars trash-free, in contrast with the fetid landscape they willingly create around themselves.

With statistically insignificant exceptions to the rule, Nigerians as a group PREFER filth and squalor over municipal orderliness and cleanliness, and so will go out of their way to "decorate" their surroundings to suit that preference for a glorious garbage-scape as far as the eye can see.

Pondering over the reasons why this odd penchant for cultivating mountains of foul-smelling trash evolved, it occurred to me that perhaps Nigerians regard the deliberate littering of their cities and towns as a proud index of materialistic consumerism, in which one identifies oneself as a sophisticated "consumer" of packaged goods, by dumping packaging, plastic, glass, sewage and scrap metal, amid the entire gamut of domestic and industrial waste, in a defiant, highly visible national attestation to civilized advancement.

2 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Marineetyon(m): 7:27am On Apr 29, 2013
One of the best place to stay on earth. Akwa Ibom the land of fulfillment

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 29, 2013
ocelot2006:

Wow! Hold it right there, missy! A thatched/mud house in Enugu? Now that's a lie.
its very very possible. There are ''buildings'' like that in Abuja not far from the airport, infact!!!!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by naptu2: 7:29am On Apr 29, 2013
Now my observations. This thread demonstrates the causes of some of the problems we have in Nigeria and why these problems persist.

1) Not my state/ethnic group/political party: Some Nigerians will complain ceaselessly about corruption. You'll hear them rant everyday. However, the story will change if a politician from their state/ethnic group/political party is caught red handed and arrested for corruption. "Why don't they arrest people from other tribes/parties?" "This is selective/tribalism!". Yet they want corruption to magically disappear. This explains why criminals like Bode George and Diepriye Alamiyeseigha were given lavish receptions when they left prison and why criminals like James Ibori and Uba are celebrated and protected.

2) Don't even try/why bother? This group of people have become so used to corruption, nepotism, abuse of power, filth, etc that they don't believe you should even try to stamp them out. They have a defeatist attitude. They don't believe that it's worth it to try and save that child from diseases caused by filth, from poor healthcare caused by corruption, etc. They have a "do nothing" attitude. Corrupt politicians love these kinds of people and Fela sang about them in "Shuffering and Shmiling" and "Sorrow, Tears and Blood".

3) It happens in other countries, so it doesn't matter: "There are filthy places in other countries". "There are corrupt politicians in other countries". "There are bomb blasts in other countries", "therefore it doesn't matter if they happen in Nigeria. Just learn to live with it". I really don't care if these things happen in other countries. Those countries are not my countries. I don't live there. I live in Nigeria! These things, filth, corruption and bomb blasts are unacceptable and a danger to citizens, therefore we must do everything we can to eradicate them, regardless of whether they happen in some other country or not.

8 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by mercenaryx(m): 7:30am On Apr 29, 2013
ocelot2006:

Hell is her home sir. Liar! Quick-wins.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas cowshit, Thunder fire u. Wetin Aba do u? Have u ever said anything good abt Aba? So, where did u get the right to post rubbish abt it? Am sure u are wearind aba clothes and slippers @ d moment.

Btw, GEJ 2015,for now .........

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by mercenaryx(m): 7:32am On Apr 29, 2013
naptu2: Now my observations. This thread demontsrates the causes of some of the problems we have in Nigeria and why these problems persist.

1) Not my state/ethnic group/political party: Some Nigerians will complain ceaselessly about corruption. You'll hear them rant everyday. However, the story will change if a politician from their state/ethnic group/political party is caught red handed and arrested for corruption. "Why don't they arrest people from other tribes/parties?" "This is selective/tribalism!". Yet they want corruption to magically disappear. This explains why criminals like Bode George and Diepriye Alamiyeseigha were given lavish receptions when they left prison and why criminals like James Ibori and Uba are celebrated and protected.

2) Don't even try/why bother? This group of people have become so used to corruption, nepotism, abuse of power, filth, etc that they don't believe you should even try to stamp them out. They have a defeatist attitude. They don't believe that it's worth it to try and save that child from diseases caused by filth, from poor healthcare caused by corruption, etc. They have a "do nothing" attitude. Corrupt politicians love these kinds of people and Fela sang about them in "Shuffering and Shmiling" and "Sorrow, Tears and Blood".

3) It happens in other countries, so it doesn't matter: "There are filthy places in other countries". "There are corrupt politicians in other countries". "There are bomb blasts in other countries", "therefore it doesn't matter if they happen in Nigeria. Just learn to live with it". I really don't care if these things happen in other countries. Those countries are not my countries. I don't live there. I live in Nigeria! These things, filth, corruption and bomb blasts are unacceptable and a danger to citizens, therefore we must do everything we can to eradicate them, regardless of whether they happen in some other country or not.
Well said! But how does it affect the topic sir?
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 29, 2013
ngozievergreen: Texas cowshit, Thunder fire u. Wetin Aba do u? Have u ever said anything good abt Aba? So, where did u get the right to post rubbish abt it? Am sure u are wearind aba clothes and slippers @ d moment.

Btw, GEJ 2015,for now .........

Erm, she lives in Texas, and originally hails from Ekiti. So I doubt she wears the quality Aba-made products.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by TwinTiger: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2013
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 29, 2013
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by idriis: 7:42am On Apr 29, 2013

3 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by imperiouxx(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2013
CFCfan:

Na joke o.
BTW, your siggy is funny as hell. grin

Oh! Oh! I see. Thanks about the siggy, I'm changing it soon before the second legs.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2013
@ OP, are your pics truly up to date? I ask this cos the car in the picture of Akwa Ibom was cleared off that spot (Abak road) almost 2 YEARS AGO.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by naptu2: 7:46am On Apr 29, 2013
mercenaryx:
Well said! But how does it affect the topic sir?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I'm sure you already know, but I'll humour you. Read my post again and wherever you come across the word "corruption", replace it with "filth".
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

Oh! Oh! I see. Thanks about the siggy, I'm changing it soon before the second legs.

Okay. Your new siggy may be "Real Madrid and Barcelona are in trouble" grin
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by imperiouxx(m): 7:49am On Apr 29, 2013
[img]http://www..com/talk?action=dlattach;topic=30114.0;attach=16781;image[/img]

This is Oshodi of olden days. Well, good to show that Nigeria needs clean up.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by imperiouxx(m): 7:50am On Apr 29, 2013
CFCfan:

Okay. Your new siggy may be "Real Madrid and Barcelona are in trouble" grin

Exactly! grin
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by romanlaw(m): 7:50am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Imo State

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQehLomRtjzn4FBjJtiUSc51KEo4IpOFsqMx9BLNB3ELyGtsTDsQ[/img]

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6BrRbDfpjlczomafVDQjqQuWqRsM8K1B-f8rNlRaL_ugZh9A2ZQ[/img]

PLS WHERE DID THEY WRITE ON YOUR PICTURES. YOU CAN GET PICTURES FROM ANYWHERE AND BRAND IT IMO STATE. PLS SDHOW OF PICTURES OF EKITI, OYO, ONDO, AKURE, IBADAN, AJEGUNLE, ORILE, IDIMU, IYANA IPAJA. IYANA EJIGBO, BADAGRY ETC

3 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

Exactly! grin

I trust you cool
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by BlackEmperorX: 7:52am On Apr 29, 2013
Very disappointing to see these kinds of pictures.

The Op has brutally indicted Nigerian governance decisively.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22)

DCP Gbolahan Oyedemi Found Hanging Dead In His House After Easter / Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads / "If PMB Likes Let Him Impregnate My Wife, Call Ondo 'Edo', I Will Vote For Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.