Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria (55410 Views)

Vanguard : S-west Is Nigeria’s Kidnap Capital — Report / Really, How Far Behind India Is Nigeria? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by ojofree: 9:08am On Apr 29, 2013
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by amiskurie(m): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2013
I have things to do dis monday morning,If only I could add reasonable comments to this thread last month. undecided
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 29, 2013
Ileke-idi, why do you like wahala like this? I think you manage to turn a good idea into a tribal issue! You know how sensitive people are about their regions in nigeria, if you were honest you should have started from south west even if it is lagos, haba.

Now, I think there are more pictures of dirty aba and onitsha than any other city in nigeria, I just did a google search on Ibadan, most of what I'm getting is brown roof, people are too fascinated by the brown roofs to look for dump sites.

What I can say is that, no one city in nigeria is cleaner than the other, there are good parts of the city and there are terrible parts of each and every city in the country.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2013
I'm not gonna comment on Aba, simply because the Last tie I was there was during Oriji Uzo Kalus era and it was truly a Dumpsite. Onitsha is no better either. The truth is that waste management is still a big big problem for our government. They still play politics with it and thats why they suffer. How can you give the contract for refuse disposal to a company that only has an open back truck and a burrow-pit. Recycling is zero at the moment. They simply come, carry and transfer the dirt from one area to another.

Ask for the O.P; First of all, most of these pictures are stale and dont accurately represent the present state of many of those areas you pointed to, especially those of Lagos as Fashola has really tried in terms of cleaning up his city. And why is she so focused on the East and ignoring the west.

3 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by amiskurie(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2013
Some of u on dis thread shld sharap jor,u aided the goverment on country's failure.
Fashola for example tried to make lagos free of beggars bt you complain.he tried to clear major slums bt u protested.he tried to expand tiny roads promising compensation bt u would nt vacate.Haba!

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 9:17am On Apr 29, 2013
payless: My wife is currently sitting with me in my computer room and I am trying so hard not to let her see all these horrible pictures. This is a disgrace and insult to all Nigerians that our government (local, state and federal) allow this to happen. I used to have a satellite that broadcasting NTA Plus in the U.S, I had to uproot the satellite from my backyard because anytime I watched NTA nothing good being broadcast.

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin On bolded: i'm guessing you waited till everyone was fast asleep, then you crept out of bed, got your tool box, and like a thief in the night (guided solely by the moonlight streaming through the windows) you crept out to the backyard and sabotaged the damned satellite connection!

Nice one bros! wink
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by kponkedenge(m): 9:23am On Apr 29, 2013
Nice pics I wuld shoot my next album there long live pple of Abia state.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Aafulenu(f): 9:24am On Apr 29, 2013
i dont get it, how does snapping refuse dumps becomes dirtiness?
u go snap dustbin? are u expecting the refuse dump to be neat?

5 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Mospring(m): 9:29am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Enugu, coal city

We stil ve a long way to GO!.........ish
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 29, 2013
I don't know why its so hard for the govt to purchase and maintain refuse disposal trucks!

How much does those things cost? Do they just like seeing dirts on the roads? Don't they pass through the town? Abi na helicopter dem dey carry go everywhere?

Those people are bastards!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by soma042(m): 9:33am On Apr 29, 2013
kingoflag: Oko-Oba Abattoir, Lagos, Western Nigeria.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/filth-abattoir-operators-ignore-govts-order/

omo whats this ? a pool of sheet or whats sucksss
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by YoungGame: 9:34am On Apr 29, 2013
Don't tell me these pics are from Nigeria

And the [size=20pt]clueless fücktard retardeen nitwit[/size] we call president had to award $40million contract to
israeli company to monitor computer/internet
communication by Nigerians!

Seriouly smh for this countryembarassedembarassedembarassed
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2013
Aafulenu: i dont get it, how does snapping refuse dumps becomes dirtiness?
u go snap dustbin? are u expecting the refuse dump to be neat?

Madam, refuse bins shouldn't be overflowing before they come pick it up, in some states, they don't even ever pick up waste from the refuse dumpster, once they put it their, they turn their backs and never look back.

Market women/men too are people that degrade our society, govt ought to make it mandatory for every store to have a medium size dumpster and make a private refuse disposal company service the market at a levi to the marketers!
How hard can that be?
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by tony4244(m): 9:37am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Abia school kids fetch drinking water from 'road ponds' following eight years of nil pipe borne water and consequent dry taps - the failure of leadership and governance.

WHAT THE HELL?! GOD HAVE MERCY!! I LIVED IN ABA 4 A YEAR. BLIV ME ITS VERY DIRTY!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Pius007: 9:38am On Apr 29, 2013
[i]One of my neighbor invited me yesterday for an ordination service in his Church at Bwari Area Council,Abuja.I found it interesting hence is going to be my first time to visit the place. Behold, as we were approaching,I was amazed seeing the ugly routes that linked to the church.I asked myself some questions, is this part of Abuja?What is the Area Council Chairman doing? And people who dwell in this area strongly believe they are in Abuja? Who do you blame?

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by rman: 9:38am On Apr 29, 2013
I lost interest when most of the pictures shown were from the SE part of Nigeria.

The bias is so obvious from the OP.

Calling people to help post pictures of other regions is a complete joke. If you don't have pictures that cover the entire country, why start a thread with such a title?

Only a novice won't know what the motives of the OP are

5 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 9:39am On Apr 29, 2013
YoungGame: Don't tell me these pics are from Nigeria

And the [size=20pt]clueless fücktard retardeen nitwit[/size] we call president had to award $40million contract to
israeli company to monitor computer/internet
communication by Nigerians!

Seriouly smh for this countryembarassedembarassedembarassed

Must GEJ clean up each state? Why don't you blame the respective governors of these states?

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 29, 2013
rman: I lost interest when most of the pictures shown were from the SE part of Nigeria.

The bias is so obvious from the OP.

Calling people to help post pictures of other regions is a complete joke. If you don't have pictures that cover the entire country, why start a thread with such a title?

Only a novice won't know what the motives of the OP are

Be that as it may, the thread is still valid.

All you need to do is ignore the obvious bias and focus on the problem.

2 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 29, 2013
I weep for my country. Smh

Whether it's a shaded tribalism on the part of the OP or not, the fact is that this country has gone to the dogs

Honestly, I don't blame peeps that don't want to come back home after seeing the pains of living in naija

It's only in naija that orji uzor kalu is still alive after his 8 erratic years of squandering abia states' money. It's a shame!!

IBB and co are still alive in this country while 4 undergraduates are being aluued for doing nothing.

Jesus truly wept!! I guess he wept for this country cos he saw what we're gonna pass through as way back as the BC's

For the diasporans lashing out at the masses and saying crap at the masses, saying we docile and sh*t, it's a bit rich coming from y'all internet warriors that left nigeria and don't wanna return but find it funny spewing trash from the comfort of your rooms.

Come back to nigeria and start the revolution if you care so much. Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2013
rman:

God bless you sire.....+1000000000000000000000

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by simdam500(m): 9:53am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Since we have so many beautiful Nigerian pictures thread on NL, I thought it was best to also come in REALITY to the actual Nigeria.

Post your pictures and let's shame Nigeria's inactive government/people.

PS: Sticks and stones may break my bone.......
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by chiomen: 9:58am On Apr 29, 2013
PHOTONEWS: The Changing Face of Ariaria International Market, Aba

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by asanwaph: 10:00am On Apr 29, 2013
[quote author=payless]My wife is currently sitting with me in my computer room and I am trying so hard not to let her see all these horrible pictures. This is a disgrace and insult to all Nigerians that our government (local, state and federal) allow this to happen. I used to have a satellite that broadcasting NTA Plus in the U.S, I had to uproot the satellite from my backyard because anytime I watched NTA nothing good being broadcast. Is ur wife not a Nigerian? shocked shocked free her abeg .
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by scribble: 10:06am On Apr 29, 2013
redsun: Is cowgirl another name for ileke?Abi,na ekoatlantic?

Good point,but smells of tribal cynicism.

the fact that she started from Abia and her name is [b]Texas [/b]cowgirl probably means she is Ibo.

I stand to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure she is Ibo, just patriotic and not a lying dimwit like some others.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 29, 2013
scribble:

the fact that she started from Abia and her name is [b]Texas [/b]cowgirl probably means she is Ibo.

I stand to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure she is Ibo, just patriotic and not a lying dimwit like some others.

She's ileke idi. She's yoruba

2 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 29, 2013
I see no point to this thread to be honest.

Our leaders already KNOW how bad things are...

But most of them just don't give a Shyt...

The OP is away in Texas safe from the filth and squalor...so starting this kind of thread is very condescending...

Ileke if you feel so strongly about this issue, go home and get involved...posting shameful pictures from a distance is no different from what Dino Melaye and his ilk do

ALL TALK - NO ACTION

That said...I still gat love for you mami

3 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by sweetcheecks(f): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2013
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by successking: 10:29am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
I literally threw up in my mouth when I saw this picture of Aba

On the ground of official assignment, a visit was embarked upon to Aba in May 2010. The roads were bad and the streets covered with pool of waters, no sight of government present in the commercial city of the south east and so the situation worsen three years later.

For me, Theodore Orji's government has been unfair to the inhabitant and the city at large. Only the people of Abia can revive the city from this inevitable eminent collapse brought about by misplacement of priority by Orji's government.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by emcemayo: 10:37am On Apr 29, 2013
OP we don't need this
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Abia school kids fetch drinking water from 'road ponds' following eight years of nil pipe borne water and consequent dry taps - the failure of leadership and governance.
Guy or Baby u are doing a great job,am sorry i did,nt come ontime i could hv help u to fire this idiots interrupting ur posting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22)

You Didn’t Truly Campaign For Buhari, APC Tells Okorocha / Olawale Oluwo: Tinubu Vs Ambode - What Really Happened - Ex-Commissioner Reveals / Natasha Akpoti Gifts Her Nanny A House In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.