Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

The Religion - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Religion (50345 Views)

In Defence Of Religion - Pt 1. [The Necessity Of Religion In Churches And Homes] / Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? / Teach Yourself The Philosophy Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Religion by dademonie(f): 1:04pm On May 08, 2013
Frankie, please give us more update 2day.
Re: The Religion by nacksonjoe: 1:21pm On May 08, 2013
Adanna saw a beggar a few meters from them, “Why don’t we ask that man over there"

@Frank I think there is an error there because u interchanged Nkiru name with Adanna.
Nice write up bro keep it up and I can't wait for to start updating at least twice in a day.Welldone once again bro.
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 08, 2013
Very unpredictable. . Who woulda thought Benson would die? Or is he gonna pull a Lucan stunt? Lol. .

Great story line. . . .
Re: The Religion by frank317: 1:49pm On May 08, 2013
nacksonjoe: Adanna saw a beggar a few meters from them, “Why don’t we ask that man over there"

@Frank I think there is an error there because u interchanged Nkiru name with Adanna.
Nice write up bro keep it up and I can't wait for to start updating at least twice in a day.Welldone once again bro.

ooopppps, thanks, gonna change that right away
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 08, 2013
I also saw d mistake of putting adanna instead of nkiru.

Oga frank e be lyk say actor and boss for ds film go plenty o. And fight sef many. Oya let d show begins.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 3:05pm On May 08, 2013
“Tell me about her.” Adanna said.

“Tell you about who?” Daniel asked, a bit confused.

Tell me about Akudo, I want to hear everything about her and how you feel too. You will also tell me about your daughter.” She returned.

Daniel was surprised. He had never gotten the opportunity to talk about Akudo or how he actually felt about her to anyone. And here was this lady asking him to tell him about his family, instead of the normal advice like, ‘you have to move on’, ‘I am sure they are happy wherever they are and wishing you the best,’ or ‘forget about the Omenkas, God knows the best’ etc. Often, when he felt like talking about her, his so called listening and caring friends would cut him short, telling him to let it go. Sometime he would insist and talk about her but from the look in their eyes, he would understand that what they were hearing was ‘blah blah blah’, he would just stop on his own.

Earlier, when he had finished telling her about that regrettable incident that happened to his family two years ago and his intention to hurt Barrister Benson, she had kept quiet and allowed him to weep. Then she had left him alone for sometime only to come back now to ask him to talk to her about Akudo.

Without wasting much time, he began to talk. He told her how they met, how he asked her out and how he proposed. He explained why he fell in love with her, the things about his late wife that he liked the most and the things about her that he didn’t like. “She accepted me and gave me the best love I have ever had.”

He told her about the birth of Ebere, their baby girl, “She was exactly the copy of my wife… we were such a lovely family.” He didn’t realize that he had been talking for almost an hour and had been encouraged to talk by the look of interest on her face. “Wow, I could write a romantic novel with my boring story,” he said and laughed.

Adanna could feel the love he had for his late wife. It had made her see him from a different point of view. The incident had messed the life of this wonderful man up, she thought. That was when she took her time to examine his features. He was good looking with a kind face. Funny, she didn’t think he looked kind when he had been acting out with frustration and anger as she entered his car yesterday. He was a head taller than her with broad shoulder and athletic body that lacked exercise. His face wasn’t well kept as a result of neglect but somehow they added to his good look, but she wouldn’t know if he would look better when he gets his face all trimmed. His complexion was midway between dark and light and his hair really needed trimming too. She liked his wide searching eyes, which looked mean when he displayed anger and friendly when he was in a good mood.

“I feel honored hearing about such a wonderful person.” She said. “You know, after the whole stress, fear and pain I went through yesterday, it feels nice hearing you describe such a wonderful person. You make me want to be like her and right now, I wish whoever I was before I lost my memory was exactly like her. Further, I feel you have just given me the opportunity to be like her even if my memory is never recalled. Perhaps nature is just giving me the opportunity to start life afresh, like a baby.”

He smiled. It felt like he had just put down a heavy burden that had been on his shoulders. For the first time he could feel his wife and kid smiling down on him from heaven, instead of the disturbing feeling that they were angry with him and crying that he couldn’t get them justice.

“You know, the greatest fear every human has on earth is the fear of death. Unfortunately, the only time and way one can overcome this fear is actually when we die. See it this way; the dead have overcome their fear while the living is yet to face it. We might miss them but somehow they are better than us. Despite how happy we may feel that we are alive, the fear of death will always remain a bitter taste in our mouth just as long as we live; this is something we can never understand.

I know you miss Akudo and Ebere, but life is just a memory. It is okay just as long as you have their memory, they will always be alive and they can never die. I wish you can know how lost and meaningless my life is without my memory, the blankness I feel is just like putting someone in an extremely dark bottomless pit, just like an endless but meaningless eternity.

What am I saying… the fact is that the presence, the past and the future are just nothing but our memories; it’s all in the brain.” She concluded.

“Wow, that was deep… where did it come from because I far as I know, the only thing in your head is yesterday’s and today’s events.” He said.

“I don’t know, remember I used to have a life, some things in my head just come out willingly. Can I give you a hug?”

Now that was spontaneous and unexpected, “a hug? Sure, why not.”

She stood up and sat beside him, then gave him a warm and lasting hug.

He felt like holding her forever. It felt like heaven.

He continued to hold onto her, she didn’t make any move to break the hug and then his mobile phone rang.

He let her go and picked it up from the center table, “Hello”

“What did you do?” it was Samuel’s voice.

“What do you mean by that?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

“Why did you kill Barrister Benson?”

3 Likes

Re: The Religion by frank317: 3:07pm On May 08, 2013
Damex333: I also saw d mistake of putting adanna instead of nkiru.

Oga frank e be lyk say actor and boss for ds film go plenty o. And fight sef many. Oya let d show begins.

mnnn, ha ha, u can make ur choice
Re: The Religion by frank317: 3:14pm On May 08, 2013
Chapter 7

Afam was already knocked out with alcohol and marijuana. Emeka was also high and was at one end of the room playing romantically with the beautiful girl by his side, they were on the rug. Joe and his girl were already sleeping with his own girl in a separate room after getting high and a multiple round of sex. Bullet was dancing to the music that played loudly in the common room while his girl sat on the cushion and admired him; she was holding a bottle of rum.

The girls were students of Imo State University who had been called up by Joe to have a small party with them. This wasn’t the first time they were having such gathering. It used to be a daily thing, but due to the recent low financial status of the Omenkas, it was now done occasionally. The girls obviously missed the fun and they always looked forward to it.

The sound of the music was deafening, but they all loved it.

Emeka’s mobile phone, which was a distance from him rang the fifth time and this time around Bullet noticed it.

“Your phone is ringing!!” Bullet had to scream to be heard.

Emeka regretfully left the girl on the floor and slowly walked up to his mobile phone.

His vision was a little blurry but he was able to see that he had five missed called, he checked the caller ID that had been calling him and saw it was Papa, he became alarmed. Why would Papa call him persistently like that? Something was wrong.

He left the house to somewhere less noisy and made to dial the number when the phone rang again.

“Papa…”

“Where the hell did you keep your phone!!!” Papa screamed into his ear drum.

The effect of the alcohol in Emeka’s system instantly cleared. It was unlike Papa to display anger in this manner.

“You better come home with Joe immediately something terrible ha…”

“Papa! Papa!!” Emeka almost scream as he could hear that Papa was chocking, then a sound that showed that the phone had fallen from his hand and crashed on the floor, and then the line went dead.

Quickly he dropped the cell phone in his pocket and rushed into the building.

2 Likes

Re: The Religion by frank317: 3:29pm On May 08, 2013
Inspector Bassey was having a serious headache that Tuesday afternoon. Everything was falling apart. Everybody was being killed.

The day couldn’t get better.

Now Benson was dead, murdered obviously.

He had been busy with his crew analyzing the late Orji’s case and the death of the witness that afternoon. It had been crucial that they look into the case promptly and solve the case because the Chief’s family members hav been a pain in both their necks and backs.

All fingers were pointing to the Omenkas because the witness had given them a hint; he was sure that Chief Orji’s killers were the most notorious Omenka boys. He had accepted to give them further details that would incriminate the boys the next day and with a police assurance of protection. He had refused to divulge his address yet he was found dead this morning. This had left them with no evidence to charge the two for murder.

The Omenkas, the Omenkas. The name had been their major problem in Owerri. He was sure the whole family came from hell.

Somehow, it was a relieve that Benson was out of the picture. Twice Emeka had been charged of murder, twice had that sagacious and notorious barrister saved him from going to jail. Damn! the lawyer was good. He was able to turn Emeka’s first case to an accident, while he succeeded in making Emeka a hero by proving that the death of his victim was as a result of self defense the second time the boy was arrested and charged.

This family was just untouchable.

While trying to make some sense out of the witness’s last statement, he got a call from the patrol team on duty around Owerri Hotel Suit. Benson had been found in a pool of his own blood in the parking lot.

The sight was very repulsive. Whoever killed him must have been very angry with him. His cell phone was in the car; they would have to check though it to see if they would get any information from it. Perhaps he might have been communicating with his killer or killers. Then a piece of paper was found in his mouth and on it was boldly written, ‘This is for my wife and kid, they can now rest in peace.’

At first he thought Benson death was a reprisal attack. If that had been the case, then the hint that the deceased witness had given would have made more sense. It would have just been obvious that Chief Orji’s family had retaliated.

Now what was this about someone’s wife and kid? Thinking about wife and kid, the only name that came into mind was Daniel. Everybody knew about how Daniel lost his wife and kid to Benson’s drunk driving yet the law failed to serve him justice.

But Daniel didn’t seem capable of carrying out such a gruesome act. Well, you never can tell what goes in the mind of a frustrated man. What must have triggered him to strike after two years?

Well, Daniel had to be brought in for questioning. How would they locate him? Rumor had it that after he lost his business, he sold his house and left town. This signified that if he was in town, he must be on the hiding.

His head felt like exploding, the situation was getting much tougher than he could handle.

He had had to make a press statement just at the gate of the Hotel. Left for him, he would have suggested that the press statement waited. He wouldn’t have wanted to give the killer or killers enough reason to make up their mind and decide what next to do based on what they thought the police knew.

But his boss had informed him that it was necessary for the police to make a statement so as to calm the already panicked public down. Besides the Hotel authority needed the police to address the public so that the security situation of the hotel would not be misunderstood.

He looked at his time piece; it was almost 4 pm, time to go through the case once more with his crew.

Then his mobile phone rang, the caller ID revealed that it was Chidi calling. As he picked the call, he hoped his friend wouldn’t bother him about the crazy girl case.

“Hello,”

“Inspector, I just want to brief you on new information we got on Adanna’s case after I went to the hospital with the sister.” Chidi said.

“Can’t it wait? I am really busy now, perhaps we could talk later.”

“I understand how busy you are but just give me a minute,” Chidi pleaded from the other end.

“Okay, make it snappy.”

“We learnt that some people might have been after Adanna’s life at the hospital, two guys precisely. And we suspect that they could have killed the three nurses in the process. Meanwhile, Adanna was seen entering a big Toyota car, probably a Siena, I have the plate number here. I intend to give it to you to run a check on it through your contacts at the Road Safety Commission. It is assumed that he helped her escape.”

Somehow, Bassey was impressed. His boys couldn’t get half of this information. Well, if only people would be more forthcoming with the police, half of unsolved cases would be solved.

“That’s nice Chidi, I still think that you would have been a better policeman than a mechanic. Alright, give me the number, I will run a check on it and see what we can find out. But remember I am having the most hectic day in my life, so you have to understand if there is a delay in my response.”

“No problem, I am just worried at how the supposed well trained police force could overlook such important details in their investigation. This girl is most likely innocent from the little I have found out.”

“Yes, you are right, but you can’t just assume she is innocent just like that, well I will look into it once I have the chance.” The cop said. He actually felt challenge by what his friend had said and found out in a short period of time, but chose not to show it.

Chidi had a feeling that his police friend didn’t take his words seriously. He called out the plate number and the ended the call.

After collecting the number, Bassey decided to immediately call his contact at the Road Safety Commission to help him run a check on the plate number. That was the least he could do for a troubled friend. He knew how important finding this girl meant to his Chidi.

He scanned through his phone contact and dialed a number.

“My friend, are you at the office…?

“Yes sir,” the receiver replied.

“Nice, please can you run a check on this number for me? I want to use it to identify someone on a case I am working on.” He called out the number without wasting time. “I will call you back in thirty minutes to see what you’ve got.”
“Why don’t you hang on sir, I will get you the information right away.” The receiver quickly said.

“Okay,” the cop waited.

After about thirty seconds, the receiver spoke up; “Sir, the car was registered by Mr. Daniel Ikoha, of number…” he called out the old house address.

A tidal wave of excitement ran through Bassey’s body, “Wow, thank you very much, you have been most helpful.”

“You are welcome sir, and I will also like to inform you that you are the second person to check on this number today,”

“Second person? Do you have any idea who the first person might have been?” Bassey asked.

“I am sorry I can’t tell from what I have got here. The record shows it had been checked before but I don’t have access to who checked it or for whom it was checked.”

“That’s alright, thank you once again.”

He was already thinking a lot of things. Was yesterday’s and today’s murders all connected? The killing at the hospital, the insane girl, Chief Iwu’s murder, the witness and Benson’s death… could they all be connected?

Well, this was a new and interesting one. He quickly walked out of his office for a briefing with his crew as he dialed Chidi’s number.

2 Likes

Re: The Religion by frank317: 3:31pm On May 08, 2013
alright guys, i think that should do for today and tomorrow, will do my next update on Friday by God's grace. thanks.

please comment comment and comment
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 08, 2013
Wow!!!
Re: The Religion by Joy4mi(f): 4:12pm On May 08, 2013
nice work frank.following u all d way.cheers
Re: The Religion by princesa(f): 6:29pm On May 08, 2013
well frank, dis update was well written, no typos and vivid scenery. well done.wink

but then tellin nlanders to comment is a big task, they like 'chop and clean mouth' thing. grin

#is it my phone, or did i see legion of rules before posting#
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 08, 2013
Lol. . . No be only you o. I thought i mistakenly clicked Nl rules grin
Re: The Religion by princesa(f): 6:58pm On May 08, 2013
as in enh, the rules are very scary, the funniest thing is that i've been disobeying all grin
Re: The Religion by frank317: 6:59pm On May 08, 2013
princesa: well frank, dis update was well written, no typos and vivid scenery. well done.wink

but then tellin nlanders to comment is a big task, they like 'chop and clean mouth' thing. grin

well at least u said something and i appreciated it. its just nice knowing u are there.

even Br3nd4's wow, is more than enough for me.

and thanks joy, i will do even better in my next update
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 08, 2013
frank3.16:

even Br3nd4's wow, is more than enough for me.

So you didnt see my other comment where I askee if Benson would pull a Lucan on us? You made him seem untouchable. . .
Re: The Religion by luvmijeje(f): 7:32pm On May 08, 2013
Frank well done o but I noticed 2 things. In my opinion d hospital scene didn't look real, they lost 3 of their staffs in a gruesome manner and there was no sign of mourning and fear. Also the beggar character didn't seem real, he was responding to the questions ask in an impeccable english.

2 Likes

Re: The Religion by princesa(f): 7:38pm On May 08, 2013
that's luvmi for you
you will make a good criticwink
she has said it all, she has seen it all.
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 08, 2013
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Is all i kuld say
Re: The Religion by IZUKWU(m): 8:37pm On May 08, 2013
princesa: well frank, dis update was well written, no typos and vivid scenery. well done.wink

it is not your phone ,seun is definitely high. Frank you are too much.
Re: The Religion by rofemiguwa(f): 8:56pm On May 08, 2013
Frankie more pls more We nid more
Oga seun abeg dis ur. Rules na wah.anyi ga gbafuru gi here angry undecided
Re: The Religion by barag(f): 9:13pm On May 08, 2013
Frank i'm enjoyin d turn ur story is takin but i'm wonderin about Benson's death. For someone who is super rich and also from such a family i wld av thought he ought to have a driver and also body guards cos he does a lot of shady n dirty deals he should be aware dt lots of people wld like to see him dead. then on d issue of nobody wtnessin d murder what happened to d gateman n security men within d hotel premises surely someone shoul v seen somethin (me thinks)
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 08, 2013
I will comment comment comment.

Frank has done it again! *drum rolls*

Just when I was happy for Daniel that he'd found peace and was being absolved from his 2 years of guilt, those deluded members of the religion had to go and implicate him. Very real and graphic story.

I hope that Nkiru won't just stress Chidi for nothing sha. When she now finds Ada is when she'll remember that he's a mechanic. I'm not up for all these 'use and dump' things o. Ehen.

Oya, see my own rating, Sir Frank;

Intrigue✔
Suspense✔
Expression✔
Fluidity✔
Transition✔

I hope you know how much this means to me. I have never posted this long on any story on NL.

Dude, you just rocked my bottom and beat my drum!

More power to your elbow, Frankhawt♨

1 Like

Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 10:51pm On May 08, 2013
luvmijeje: Frank well done o but I noticed 2 things. In my opinion d hospital scene didn't look real, they lost 3 of their staffs in a gruesome manner and there was no sign of mourning and fear. Also the beggar character didn't seem real, he was responding to the questions ask in an impeccable english.

I noticed that scene involving d beggar.
The beggar communicates better than some Nigerian Graduates.
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 7:46am On May 09, 2013
iebanehita:

It happens that most people on the street are very educated. . With the state of our country; unemployment and all. . those who cant hussle through, take to the streets. Its not strange.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:01am On May 09, 2013
Br3nd4:

So you didnt see my other comment where I askee if Benson would pull a Lucan on us? You made him seem untouchable. . .

i saw ur comment dearie, but i made the family seem untouchable not just him... but no He wont pull a Lucan on us, he is dead for good.

Candis009: Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Is all i kuld say

nice girl, i really like that expression
Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:07am On May 09, 2013
luvmijeje: Frank well done o but I noticed 2 things. In my opinion d hospital scene didn't look real, they lost 3 of their staffs in a gruesome manner and there was no sign of mourning and fear. Also the beggar character didn't seem real, he was responding to the questions ask in an impeccable english.

iebanehita:

ya guys... i admit i took things for granted with the beggar... funny enough, when i was writing it, i said to my self 'this guy grammar too muchooo' but i let it go thinking readers would overlook it. guess i was wrong. ok, point noted.

the hospital scene?... mnnn, yes, perhaps i should have put some police on the scene, described how the nurses looked sad and...? u se i thought of this, but i let it go because the hospital is a public place such sad aura could go unnoticed, especially considering it being a hospital. the hospital is a sad place already and... ok, i will work on it during editing. thanks guys, that's why i have u guys.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:17am On May 09, 2013
barag: Frank i'm enjoyin d turn ur story is takin but i'm wonderin about Benson's death. For someone who is super rich and also
from such a family i wld av thought he ought to have a driver and also body guards cos he does a lot of shady n dirty deals he should be aware dt lots of people wld like to see him dead. then on d issue of nobody wtnessin d murder what happened to d gateman n security men within d hotel premises surely someone shoul v seen somethin (me thinks)

ok, i didnt think giving him a body guard or driver was necessary because Benson was a self fulfilled bad boy. remember the little history of him i gave saw him driving himself and being alone. he was alone when he hit daniel's wife and kid and he was also alone when he had issue with the road warder. but do u think such guy like i painted Benson would actually need a driver, he is too rough for the driver shit. he is also to self fulfill(comfortable, feels too untouchable) for a body guard. besides, he didnt do the dirty works himself... his brothers do it do it discretely. he was just like a stubborn and notorious man, well i will still work on the body guard angle. thanks.

them the case of gateman or security witnessing Benson's murder... remember the parking lot could be away from where the security it. beside the sun was hurt, it was just a moment that didn't favour Benson. it was a hot afternoon, people are usually preoccupied indoor at this time and the hotel staff are more busy indoor than out door... lets try to see it this way... it could actually happen. Priest's boys saw the chance and took it. that is not impossible. but thanks too.

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:20am On May 09, 2013
mollytinrox: I will comment comment comment.

Frank has done it again! *drum rolls*

Just when I was happy for Daniel that he'd found peace and was being absolved from his 2 years of guilt, those deluded members of the religion had to go and implicate him. Very real and graphic story.

I hope that Nkiru won't just stress Chidi for nothing sha. When she now finds Ada is when she'll remember that he's a mechanic. I'm not up for all these 'use and dump' things o. Ehen.

Oya, see my own rating, Sir Frank;

Intrigue✔
Suspense✔
Expression✔
Fluidity✔
Transition✔

I hope you know how much this means to me. I have never posted this long on any story on NL.

Dude, you just rocked my bottom and beat my drum!

More power to your elbow, Frankhawt♨

thanks a lot... ur words mean so much too me. i feel like a superstar. guy(or babe) u too much

rofemiguwa: Frankie more pls more We nid more
Oga seun abeg dis ur. Rules na wah.anyi ga gbafuru gi here angry undecided

yes, u will get more, but that will be tomorrow evening. i promise. thanks
IZUKWU: it is not your phone ,seun is definitely high. Frank you are too much.

thanks for believing in me guy
Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:21am On May 09, 2013
Br3nd4:

It happens that most people on the street are very educated. . With the state of our country; unemployment and all. . those who cant hussle through, take to the streets. Its not strange.

mnn, thats a possibility too, nice
Re: The Religion by Emeralddan(f): 9:27am On May 09, 2013
Wow frank dat was a bummer, every update gat me falling in love with dis piece......what's with the rules anyway??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Collins Oscar Wedding Dress (Pictures) / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2 / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.