Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,170 members, 7,867,391 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:14 PM

How To Improve Your English Language - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Improve Your English Language (22388 Views)

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {english Language Thread} / How Good Is Your English Vocabulary? Double Dare Nlders To Get 10/10 / Why Is The English Language Skill Of Nigerian Graduate So Appalling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Fishout(m): 1:48pm On May 16, 2013
I don o .l will try as much as possible to follow ur statement so dat i can become Wole Soynka asap
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Timijo(m): 4:07pm On May 16, 2013
chukxie: Learning the 48 Phonetic symbols can help to sharpen one's pronunciation skills.
How does it become 48? They are 44. 20 vowel sounds and 24 consonant sounds. Anyway, how can I improve my pigeon abi na penguin english?
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by chukxie(m): 7:12pm On May 16, 2013
Ugoo-Josh:

Oga, you want make we mad?
Laugh want kpai me. Guy you funny pass basketmouth! But seriously one reason we pronounce words wrongly in Nigeria is because we don't study phonetic symbols at school. My dear friend, learning IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) is very easy.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by chukxie(m): 7:22pm On May 16, 2013
Timijo: How does it become 48? They are 44. 20 vowel sounds and 24 consonant sounds. Anyway, how can I improve my pigeon abi na penguin english?

There are 48 sounds on any standard IPA chart, my friend. I'm not going to argue with you if you don't believe me. You can either ask your teacher or just google it.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Uwakuwak(f): 7:33pm On May 16, 2013
How do i do away with intimidation each time i wants to communicate? i can not speak in the public i need guide on this pls
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Vansnickers: 9:24pm On May 16, 2013
chukxie: Learning the 48 Phonetic symbols can help to sharpen one's pronunciation skills.

I did that in High School and my Diction became so fresh.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Ortarico(m): 11:59pm On May 16, 2013
chukxie:

There are 48 sounds on any standard IPA chart, my friend. I'm not going to argue with you if you don't believe me. You can either ask your teacher or just google it.

I guess the Triphthongs were included
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by God2man(m): 7:19am On May 17, 2013
kiss
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Anuoluwap(m): 7:48am On May 17, 2013
Shoo ! ?
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Anuoluwap(m): 7:52am On May 17, 2013
Uwakuwak: How do i do away with intimidation each time i wants to communicate? i can not speak in the public i need guide on this pls
beat d fear in u.nd corect diz ur comment 'i wants' is nt coret. Jst rmve d 's'
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Anuoluwap(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2013
PRONOUNCE 'DJANGO' THE 'D' IS SILENT.lol
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by jeak123(m): 8:01am On May 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

And how is somebody who doesn't understand English supposed to read this epistle?

Over-Sabi and Under-Thinking dey worry this OP

how myopic can some Nairalanders be. A post that is meant to educate is being viewed differently. mtscheeeeeeew
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Uwakuwak(f): 8:44am On May 17, 2013
Anuoluwap: beat d fear in u.nd corect diz ur comment 'i wants' is nt coret. Jst rmve d 's'
thanks.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by dj5naira(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2013
Cease pidgin talks.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by afrikanns: 7:30am On May 18, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Shut it you reprobate.

I asked a legitimate question and you attacked me out of the blue.

You have been shown to be unintelligent buffoon.

Go and write JAMB for the 15th time.

Olodo
Ob boy, the guy were really digging it with really showed some maturity even if you are older than him or her, you kept insulting him or her but never return any abusive word.IHENEME PLEASE KEEP IT UP .

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by LiliB: 9:38am On May 18, 2013
English language

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am / 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.