Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,578 members, 7,837,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

A Visit With Ancient Patriach - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Visit With Ancient Patriach (478 Views)

Adeboye & Wife Surprise Local RCCG Parish With A Visit (Photos) / The Original Hebrews Are Black Africans From Ancient Egypt / Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Visit With Ancient Patriach by sidespin: 5:58am On Apr 30, 2013
A VISIT WITH ANCIENT PATRIARCHS

There were many who remained behind long after the great throng had dispersed. Many of these were so
filled with the glory of God that they seemed to be holding a kind of after service, which I found was
always in order. Like it often is on earth during great revival seasons, the Spirit of God is so infused into
the people that a congregation is often loath to leave the scenes of prayer, and while returning to their
homes they would be singing the songs of Zion.
I found that the themes of the highest praise in heaven were often those which had been the greatest
blessings of earth. The memories of the past and the conscious sense of great deliverances should
always bring the soul a deep sense of its indebtedness and gratitude to God. Among those who remained
behind were some ancient men joining with the great chorister in many hymns of praise, and singing also
many solos of ancient date, of which one could judge by their peculiar wording; referring frequently to
events, times, and places of far gone ages; so that we could tell at once that they were ancient men and
had lived in a far, remote period of time, although they looked as youthful and full of vigor as any of us
who had just entered the city.
To some of these I was especially attracted. Their great earnestness and enthusiasm and peculiar
conduct, coupled with such Lovely faces and sweet tempers invited us to go and sit among them. So I
said to Bohemond, "Let us go and talk with them and find who they are."
They welcomed us to their company. We soon found ourselves sitting in the presence of Job and
Methuselah, Abel and Noah, with many of the earliest ancestors of the race. They all seemed full of
vigorous life with no marks of decrepit old age like we knew so much in the world. I then quickly
thought of the words of the angel to John: "Behold I make all things new," (Revelation 21:5) and sure
enough, these were among the earliest of the race of man, made in God’s image, on whom this mighty
renovating power had come.
We had a long but very pleasant visit with them asking them many questions concerning the early
history of man on the earth. Adam and Eve were the first creation of man in the image of God.
We arose to bid them good-bye, when they embraced us with an affectionate kiss and said, "We’ll see
you again."
Bohemond and myself now went to a quiet place and sat down to talk over the things we had just heard
and witnessed for we were most deeply impressed with the words of these ancient men. "Oh," I said,
"what is the full and utmost meaning of eternal life? If four thousand years have not made their mark of
feebleness, nor dimmed the eye, nor cooled the love and ardor of these men, surely eternity never will."
There were many coming and going, and everyone had such a sweet and holy temper and disposition
with such pleasant smiles of loveliness that bespoke eternal satisfaction and contentment.

I said to
Bohemond: "I have been thinking about a number of my old friends and relatives in the earth who, if
they only knew what we know now, they would lead very different lives and seek to be ready for this
solid glory."
Bohemond replied: "I almost wish, myself, I could return for just a few days and tell my own people, to
whom religion is but little more than an empty profession, the great realities of this heavenly kingdom. I
myself never thought it was half so real or could be so grand."
"Well, Bohemond, I would be glad to have you tell me something of your earthly life and surroundings."
"I am descended," said Bohemond, "from a race of kings of Norman blood who reigned for many years
at Antioch in Syria. After the close of the dynasty, which occurred about the close of the thirteenth
century, our family scattered to different countries, but principally to Bohemia. Our people soon joined
in with the Bohemian brethren, many of them becoming earnest followers of Christ. A great persecution
arose and many were compelled to hide themselves in dens and caves of the earth. But with the exodus
of about a thousand brethren to Poland in the last of the fifteenth century, the honorable sires of our
family came.
"By the principles of our faith we were forbidden all kinds of warfare as not comporting with the
teaching of our Lord. Because of this and the denial of the doctrine of transubstantiation, persecution
was still heaped upon us. Later on, our particular family moved to Northern Russia where we have been
ever since. Many of them have grown wealthy and very prosperous; but I am sad to know that many
among them have substituted wealth on earth for treasures in heaven. [This incident obviously has taken
place before Communism took over in Russia in 1917.-The Publishers] If they only knew what was reserved in
store for all the redeemed and blood- washed, which we are now enjoying, and were it real to them as it
is to us I feel sure they would mightily bestir themselves. Oh, could I send them one warning message
from heaven, they would hear me, would they not?"
"Well," I replied, "Abraham was of a different opinion. They have Moses and the prophets; if they
would not hear them neither would they hear if one should rise from the dead, so why should we want to
return?" We sat long, talking these matters over, but when we aroused ourselves to the situation we
found that the great congregation had nearly all gone. But David’s chariot still remained standing near
the entrance where the hosts had gathered. I said to Bohemond, "Listen a moment. Isn’t that lovely
music? And the song, oh, how soul-stirring it is." We cast our eyes through the great archway toward the chariot and saw David beckoning us to him. We hastened through the long aisle and when near the
chariot, we found it was filled with those holy men of old. David now said: "We saw you were quite
alone and thought you would like to go with us to a great praise service for the children soon to be held
near the Judean gate." We gladly accepted their offer, saying, "We were on our way to the throne, but
will be glad to go with you for we are but little acquainted with the city." Paul spoke lovingly, and yet
laughingly, and said: "Well, dear brethren, I have been here for more than eighteen hundred years and
yet I know but little of the city, although I have been to many sections of it again and again. Our
inheritance is exceeding great." Don’t hurry — eternity is before you. The vast plains of paradise," said
Paul, "and all the riches of the eternal city are yours forever."
"Now," said David, "step up and take a seat beside Paul and myself. Those brethren in the rear of the
chariot would be glad to speak to you." The four men arose, and we were introduced to Elias and Daniel,
whom everyone knows, and who are famous in heaven on account of their devotion and service to God
in the earth, and a man by the name of Artorious, of whom I had never heard before. David said he was
from Southern Mesopotamia and a descendant from Shem and one of Abraham’s soldiers in the battle at
Hobah in the King’s Dale, and John, the beloved disciple, whose name is a household word in all the
world.
"Well, brethren," I said, "is it true that we are here with those who have lived so long ago? The idea of
immortality and a future life, which we cherished so dearly in the world has proven more than a
dream. Oh, how good it is to be here! There are so many things I want to ask you concerning a far by-gone age, but my soul is too full of glory and praises to God now, I cannot restrain my feelings." David
said: "You need not try. We will all join you in praises to God." Silas arose from the front of the chariot
and came and stood by David’s side while they sang a most lovely hymn. Bohemond and I fell on our
faces in the chariot and worshipped God, blessed Giver of all this good."
(SENECA SODI)

(1) (Reply)

The Controversy Of The Preaching Bible / Results Of Religious Compromise / Why Do We Stretch Our Arms When Sharing The Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.