Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" (13406 Views)

Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. / Let's Scrutinize This Maxim "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat" / Before Calling Your Boyfriend A Cheat Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by devour129: 2:31pm On May 01, 2013
My dear you have to know some people are wired that way.they prefer to get everything they want and it's not possible.stay clear of people that can't compromise. Compromise in the sense that I know my guy is not perfect but I won't trade him for the world.this works vice versa.although it doesn't work out all the time but what the hell,we take our chance.i know some married ladies and men that don't have sex all time but does it mean they should cheat ? So my ans is YES once one always will.and it boils down to Greed and it has nothing to do with money.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Decryptor(m): 2:34pm On May 01, 2013
devour129: My dear you have to know some people are wired that way.they prefer to get everything they want and it's not possible.stay clear of people that can't compromise. Compromise in the sense that I know my guy is not perfect but I won't trade him for the world.this works vice versa.although it doesn't work out all the time but what the hell,we take our chance.i know some married ladies and men that don't have sex all time but does it mean they should cheat ? So my ans is YES once one always will.and it boils down to Greed and it has nothing to do with money.
Nice one...But can i ask u̶̲̥̅̊ a question? How do you know someone who will not compromise? It's not written on the forehead u̶̲̥̅̊ know?
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by mykorheya(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2013
Caracta:
It wasn't an accusation. I was just trying to tell you that nobody is perfect. Twasn't even a direct shot at you.

As for me, the fact that a man has never cheated doesn't mean he cannot cheat He might just choose not to. I trust a man, not because of what he CAN do but because of what he chose not to do. And also for the sake of peace and longevity.

Do you trust a girl that has never confessed cheating before? Pls answer.

@Caracta. You are just on point. Any man that have u as a wife will never regret. U have said the truth about the OP relationship. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by InvertedHammer: 2:54pm On May 01, 2013
As long as the causative factor remains. Yes.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by devour129: 2:58pm On May 01, 2013
Decryptor: Nice one...But can i ask u̶̲̥̅̊ a question? How do you know someone who will not compromise? It's not written on the forehead u̶̲̥̅̊ know?
its through there actions and inactions and sometimes you will never.truth is I don't know ,no one knows but for someone to do that before and make excuses for it is already a proof.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by premium1: 3:00pm On May 01, 2013
♍Ɣ dear, i cannot vouch for my Bf completely dat hez not a cheat, i J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ choose ʼn✽†̥̥ to give it a thought, as sm1 rightly said for †ђξ sake of peace and longevity. @ op, if Ʊ really love diz girl, J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ give her a shot buh will advise Ʊ ʼn✽†̥̥ †̥ ßε̲̣ fully commited @ †ђξ initial stage.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 01, 2013
DnigerianPrince:

Thank goodness everyone has an opinion, just like an asss that you just portrayed yourself to be
Guy wots ur problem? U r such a rude and insultive kid. D dude gave a shot @ tryin to solve ur problem and u hit back wit an insult?
Gosh!! Where r u from?

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Richy4(m): 3:03pm On May 01, 2013
If you end up being lovers,it will not last. any where she tells you she was heading to, your mind will be thinking other wise. if she tells you she will be back by 3:00pm and she came by 3:15pm due to traffic, you will be asking numerous questions.all this because you knew her past.
she might be one of the good girls that wanted to taste the waters but realized her mistakes. so give her a break to find a new guy. you should be on a platonic relationship with her. while you were at it, advise her not to tell any guy why her previous relationship ended. that will freak 10% of guys out, and one in that 10% might be the real deal. such confession are better said by guys than girls in this kind of world. wink

2 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by ritux: 3:06pm On May 01, 2013
Op if u think u can trust her, well that is a choice for you. But from my experience,I will advice u let her go.

I having been dating my gf right from university. At the beginning of the relationship, she cheated on me. I did not catch her, she told herself because according to her, she was feeling the guilt. I wanted to end the relationship back then but she begged me and I forgave her. This all happened in 2005.

But I tell u, till date I still don't have 100% trust for her. Most especially when I am not with her. The thoughts alone that she has cheated on me is killing. Like they say, what u don't know does not kill u. Sometimes I wished she never told me. But I still love her DIE

So the choice is yours
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 01, 2013
Hmmm...

The girl told you those things? I bet there are a lot left unsaid.

Know this, women never tell everything.

Much worse things might be in the cupboard.

You got to decide whether u can cope with it.

3 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 01, 2013
devour129: My dear you have to know some people are wired that way.they prefer to get everything they want and it's not possible.stay clear of people that can't compromise. Compromise in the sense that I know my guy is not perfect but I won't trade him for the world.this works vice versa.although it doesn't work out all the time but what the hell,we take our chance.i know some married ladies and men that don't have sex all time but does it mean they should cheat ? So my ans is YES once one always will.and it boils down to Greed and it has nothing to do with money.
I disagree with you. Once a cheat doesn't mean always a cheat. Change is the only constant thing in life. I have seen bad girls turn good women,and bad boys turn good men. I have also seen bad boys,girls become worse after marriage. That is why you have relationship,a time to know each other better. As far as i am concerned,i love to study a woman for years before making a move cos i want to start a relatnshp with a wife material,not a serial cheat like the op painted her girl,hiding under distant relationship,lack of care,attention to cheat. Nothing kills a devoted and commited family man faster than having an infidel for a wife.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 01, 2013
Cheaters never change I am talking from experience bruv move on undecided undecided
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by freecocoa(f): 3:39pm On May 01, 2013
jackbauerspower: @OP Normally I would say you can trust no one.

Not me. Not Your Mother.

Not even Yourself.

You can only hope your partner doesn't cheat.

In this case, the girl has already shown you that she WILL cheat under certain circumstances.

She has rationalized it to you- a prospective new partner.

So in this case, it is safe to TRUST in her ability to cheat....because she most definitely will.

Thank you.

OP that girl is not to be trusted, true that people make mistakes but doing things repeatedly isn't a mistake, she cheated because she wanted to.

All I understand from what she told you is that, she'd cheat if things don't go the way she expects it to and things can't always go the way we want them so....

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by CashVessel(m): 3:56pm On May 01, 2013
If it's not going to be a long-distance relationship n ur sure u'll give her attention, then why not give it a try. Its worth it, if u really love her n like u said, she opened up to u.But u guys must have a focus and be sure that dis will have a future.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 01, 2013
freecocoa: Thank you.

OP that girl is not to be trusted, true that people make mistakes but doing things repeatedly isn't a mistake, she cheated because she wanted to.

All I understand from what she told you is that, she'd cheat if things don't go the way she expects it to and things can't always go the way we want them so....

She is absolutely right..

@op I'm gonna respond based on the post caption " about once a cheater" yeap once a cheater, always a cheater I am a living witness bro. Not something that I'm pretty much proud of because if I was I wouldn't pay a therapist $65 an hour for counseling.

I promise you this chick is definitely gonna cheat again, there shouldn't be any sort of reason ot justification for cheating.. I date beautiful women, kindhearted, honest but I still fucck around sometimes even when I love and care for my partner . Don't judge.. Just like some chick said earlier on this thread "haven't cheated before doesn't mean you are not a cheater or never gonna cheat at some point"

It only hurts when you're caught. Though I've only been caught twice embarassed

Bottom line is TRUST NO ONE just go with the flow.. She ain't yours until you put a ring on it. Until then, she's ours buddy smiley
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by olajide8(m): 4:06pm On May 01, 2013
DnigerianPrince: I recently met this girl and she was honest enough to tell me that she cheated twice on her ex twice shocked

First time with a guy, second time with another. They eventually broke up and she attributed it to her ex finding out and breaking up with her and how she was also done, according to her, she wasn't getting enough attention, care and love and had been long over the relationship before it waas over. As a matter of fact, the guy has been begging her to come back which is kinda weird considering she cheated so, might be true about the neglect.

To be fair to her, it was a long distance relationship (same country) and the guy never for once attempted to see her for over 3 months.
She was very honest with me about everything and i'm not sure many girls will do that.

With that said, this girl likes me a lot and seems to be in love with me, i'm falling for her as well and she's said the ball is in my court. My fear is that i've been a victim of a serious infidelity in a relationship, my ex cheated on me which was shattering and left me scarred sad sad

It's been a long time since that and i've pretty much been single since my ex and i'm long over it but is this the right way to get back in the game? For those hwo have cheated in previous reltionships, do you see/find yourself doing it again?

Serious reponses only
Sounds very familiar, don't worry wait till when she grows older and I can bet this she would have so many alternatives that you would be just one of them begging to marry her and she wouldn't make a decision out of confusion
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by dBard: 4:07pm On May 01, 2013
WackyJ1: Guy every girl is capable of cheating, it is in them whether they have done it or not, that we know (xThis is your girl when she is still with her ex and had not cheated), okay now we know that sometimes there can be tempatations that one cannot resist at times and this leads to cheating, when a girl has done is once and she is truly sorry she can decide not to do it again (This is your girl after she has cheated once on her ex), here we don't know whether the girl will cheat again though it likely that she will but there is still a chance, you just have to watch and then see what happens (ooops what happens, your girl cheats again). do you see the point i am trying to make?
Hey you could look at what caracta has said and decide to have faith or you can look t history and also consider the fact that sometimes appearing to come clean can also be a deception. Guy i will tell you something, it is not safe to hang on to only one babe even when the babe is good, talkless of one that has cheated twice before, guy forget confession matter, catholics confess all the time but sometimes they still repeat the smae sin (this is not a jibe at catholics just for analogical purposes).

summary of Advice: Watch your step with that girl, you have no proof that she has changed, all you have is proof that she can cheat and has done it before (twice on one guy). What a girl says is different than what she does until and unless proven otherwise

Apart from ur horrible advice abt keeping one girl tongue, I agree with ur post.

@op..cheating is like smoking, if u done it before d likelihood of doing it again is high. That said, I believe its easier f a girl t turn a new leaf concerning cheating, than guys. My only problem here is she cheated 2ce, assuming its actually twice n with 2 different guys when she could have just walked away. Most ppl don't sleep with someone just once, so its safe t say she had 2 affairs, n probably within d aforementioned 3 months.
Just don't give ur heart too early, people change but carelessness never benefited anyone esp in matters of d heart.
Just b careful sha..
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by henwun(m): 4:07pm On May 01, 2013
@op Well seems you really in love and wanna settle with the girl , But I will bring this to your notice, Are you really ready to continue having this feelings each and every other days of your life? Believe me, Talking from Experience it will ever skip ur mind.just as @ ritux had said, Are your ready ? if you really not ready for this Pls and pls. Let go of her. Simple. Even though she don't cheat anymore. your mind would be castigating more about the incidents sharing this with you from experience. As for your Question , She Might or Not. Depends how you wanna handle the situation and focus on ur life
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by ariesr(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2013
@op dz girl is a cheat and will cheat again,again.again,again,and again cx its in her blood and marrow she is only confessing 2 u indirectly so dt wen she is caught by u or sum1 close 2 u or u both,she is gonna tell u she confessed 2 u earlier trust me on dz.dt kind of a girl can kill u before break of dawn,if she said distance wz d cause of her cheatn on her ex is distance also d cx of her cheatn on all her ex's.@ op be wise and dnt let greed of wt u see abt her endowement drag u in 2 untimely death cx I believe u v bn ravanging her all 9t long to think dt sex is love,my frnd u r wrong,distance shld be proof of love whr ever and come 2 think of it,d three months she said her ex never cared visiting her do u think its justified wif d way she narrated d whole story 2 u.dt girl is full of lies and bottomless hiden secrets.don't be greedy cx u v started eaten out of her public toilet u call dt luv dts a public luv cx its open 2 all who kwn ow 2 play dere card and I'm sure wen distance kips u both apart she will cheat on u and as it is 2 be honest u r not d only 1 sleepn wif her take it or leave it.I v bn tru'such,word frm d wise! Its left 4 u 2 play ur card.blow her "tet" while u can and put no strings attached cx dts wt she deserves.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by critique101(f): 4:24pm On May 01, 2013
DnigerianPrince: I recently met this girl and she was honest enough to tell me that she cheated twice on her ex twice shocked

First time with a guy, second time with another. They eventually broke up and she attributed it to her ex finding out and breaking up with her and how she was also done, according to her, she wasn't getting enough attention, care and love and had been long over the relationship before it waas over. As a matter of fact, the guy has been begging her to come back which is kinda weird considering she cheated so, might be true about the neglect.

To be fair to her, it was a long distance relationship (same country) and the guy never for once attempted to see her for over 3 months.
She was very honest with me about everything and i'm not sure many girls will do that.

With that said, this girl likes me a lot and seems to be in love with me, i'm falling for her as well and she's said the ball is in my court. My fear is that i've been a victim of a serious infidelity in a relationship, my ex cheated on me which was shattering and left me scarred sad sad

It's been a long time since that and i've pretty much been single since my ex and i'm long over it but is this the right way to get back in the game? For those hwo have cheated in previous reltionships, do you see/find yourself doing it again?

Serious reponses only

Have you ever cheated on any of your past girlfriends?
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by kalohkaloh: 4:42pm On May 01, 2013
Cheating in any relationship is extremely bad and condemnable. But it is worse if a married woman engages in extra marital affairs. I have always said it, you can't eat your cake and have it. A married woman that wants to cheat should first of all exit the marriage and then be free to do whatever she likes! Any woman caught cheating deserves just one more chance to repent, failing which she should be sent packing without delay! Chikena!
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Ornaments(f): 5:08pm On May 01, 2013
Like seriously, is it a crime to be truthful, am sure if she isn't serious abt u, den she won't tell u anything, believe me, and u come out with diff list everyday on nl on being truthful blah blah blah...
And moreover u kw the reason y she did it(a problem has already being identified, d next step is soln), am sure if dat guy was close to her, she wouldnt av done it, so u def kw dat distance relationship can't work for her.
The way we control our emotion differs.
(Dats y counsellor's advice dat couple shud stay together for @least 10years before living apart)
Its up to u to help her fight it if u kw u need her, its not dat u'l start sneaking on her or something.
Yh, wat she did was wrong, buh that doesn't mean she'd do it to u, as long as u dnt give her reason to do it, am sure she's not dat dumb.
Someone gave her the reason to and she did it.
In fact nau dat she has told u, she wud want to do everything to prove to u she's not promiscuous..
if u need her, @op go ahead, or go for someone that wud unleash herself wen u get married.
Nobody is perfect @l and dat doesn't make her an object of ridicule
Thank God u ddnt find out from an outsider that she told u herself, she indeed luvs u.

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 01, 2013
In our society, it is a taboo for a woman to cheat, it not only that she can't maintain a family, but she can kill her husband.
A woman who find it easy top cheat in a previous relationship will find it easy to cheat again on u.
Don't mind people telling you that "what if she lied to you?" Our society is gradually plunging and accepting women of low quality and lies (and these women forget that society integration and survival rests upon them). But yet, there are still women who would never cheat, who would never lie, who are honest and who accept societal values and grow on it. Those are the women you must go for.
The more confident you are as a man that you can find such woman, the more you will surely find.
Ur past experience in a relationship, was to train you and make you better. Don't waste such experience on another wrong woman who is not good enof for u.
Take ur time!

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by ariesr(m): 5:13pm On May 01, 2013
WackyJ1: Guy every girl is capable of cheating, it is in them whether they have done it or not, that we know (xThis is your girl when she is still with her ex and had not cheated), okay now we know that sometimes there can be tempatations that one cannot resist at times and this leads to cheating, when a girl has done is once and she is truly sorry she can decide not to do it again (This is your girl after she has cheated once on her ex), here we don't know whether the girl will cheat again though it likely that she will but there is still a chance, you just have to watch and then see what happens (ooops what happens, your girl cheats again). do you see the point i am trying to make?
Hey you could look at what caracta has said and decide to have faith or you can look t history and also consider the fact that sometimes appearing to come clean can also be a deception. Guy i will tell you something, it is not safe to hang on to only one babe even when the babe is good, talkless of one that has cheated twice before, guy forget confession matter, catholics confess all the time but sometimes they still repeat the smae sin (this is not a jibe at catholics just for analogical purposes).
summary of Advice: Watch your step with that girl, you have no proof that she has changed, all you have is proof that she can cheat and has done it before (twice on one guy). What a girl says is different than what she does until and unless proven otherwise

@ op dz girl in question has cheatn possibilties in her DNA frm d look of tins wch makes it binding dt has it is u r not d only 1 sleepn wif her cx all d stories she has told u r lies jst 2 keep up wif u as @ d time being weda distance or not believe me. And I believe u r also enjoyn her cx u v bn having gud time of every little do u kwn dt d same way she cheated her way tru 2 u she will also and always cheat her way tru 2 sum1 else dt is if she is not doing dt already.she can't be trusted on relied on she is only feeln guilty cx she wz caught by d 3rd guy wif whom both of u were playn on.dts makes it 3 guys dt she has cheated on and as it is u r not d only phuckn dt girl cx she is only using u 2 satisfy her urge cx u r close 2 her and mayb u both work in d same place of wrk.as 4 me I want make my pikin dem resemble me wen I born.....lolzzz....no bas.tard in d house.enjoy d time u spend wif her cx u might never get dz opportunity again cx u r only an opportunist!she is not in lov wif u and u r not in love wif her dnt mistake sex 4 love dey r 2 diff words and world apart.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 5:15pm On May 01, 2013
Ornaments':
Like seriously, is it a crime to be truthful, am sure if she isn't serious abt u, den she won't tell u anything, believe me, and u come out with diff list everyday on nl on being truthful blah blah blah...
And moreover u kw the reason y she did it(a problem has already being identified, d next step is soln), am sure if dat guy was close to her, she wouldnt av done it, so u def kw dat distance relationship can't work for her.
The way we control our emotion differs.
(Dats y counsellor's advice dat couple shud stay together for @least 10years before living apart)
Its up to u to help her fight it if u kw u need her, its not dat u'l start sneaking on her or something.
Yh, wat she did was wrong, buh that doesn't mean she'd do it to u, as long as u dnt give her reason to do it, am sure she's not dat dumb.
Someone gave her the reason to and she did it.
In fact nau dat she has told u, she wud want to do everything to prove to u she's not promiscuous..
if u need her, @op go ahead, or go for someone that wud unleash herself wen u get married.
Nobody is perfect @l and dat doesn't make her an object of ridicule
Thank God u ddnt find out from an outsider that she told u herself, she indeed luvs u.

Thanks for the advise and everyone else, i appreciate all the comments
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Aderiade(m): 5:18pm On May 01, 2013
Guy! I believe u jst need to give her the chance to change for the better. And moreover, I think she's really passionate abt u, if not, she wouldn't have confessed to u in the first instance. So, take it easy and give her a chance. Abi u won tell me say u sef Neva cheat b4? shocked[color=#000099][/color]
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 01, 2013
Aderiade: Guy! I believe u jst need to give her the chance to change for the better. And moreover, I think she's really passionate abt u, if not, she wouldn't have confessed to u in the first instance. So, take it easy and give her a chance. Abi u won tell me say u sef Neva cheat b4? shocked[color=#000099][/color]
in my dating experiences, women don't mix love with s*e*x. A woman can love you passionately and still cheat on you passionately

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by kpolli(m): 5:58pm On May 01, 2013
As I have preached about the guys, I say the same about girls

BEWARE!!!! Once a cheat, always a cheat
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by ariesr(m): 6:18pm On May 01, 2013
[quote author=Caracta]She made a mistake she wasn't proud of (i guess). How would you have known if she didn't tell you? There are some things we do and question our actions later. I'm not trying to hold brief for her action(s)...but i think you should give her a chance. To make you feel better, don't get deeply involved and commited until you trust her again.[/quote

She made a mistake twice and u call that a mistake?Right? All because u wanna deceive the op cx u dnt v a life as I can perceive and u r a devil who is misleadn d many we v out dere 2 v called wt sumfin sum1 did twice a mistake? U r a complete failure ryt frm comment and 4 d op 2 v believed u means he also wants destruction as is middle name.....he is surely heading 2 untimely death.@op u r enjoyn wts btw her legs,pls blast her "tet" while it last...enjoy ur opportunity bt later try goin 4 an HIV test wen u r done cx I surely kwn u r plotn without protection

cheesy grin
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Uffakowoicho(m): 6:50pm On May 01, 2013
When i saw this topic in d morning it was “...once a cheatER is always a cheatER“. I caught headache & refused 2 comment. Tank God it has been corrected, my headache has gone too
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by NOIBMUUL(m): 7:08am On May 02, 2013
DnigerianPrince: With that said, this girl likes me a lot and seems to be in love with me, i'm falling for her as well and she's said the ball is in my court. My fear is that i've been a victim of a serious infidelity in a relationship, my ex cheated on me which was shattering and left me scarred sad sad

From my empiric experience with ladies, if she says THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT, run my dear, run for your life!!!!
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by blaise26abj(m): 1:38pm On May 02, 2013
Op: forget anything she says. And since I hate sentiments, i will advice you to Test her. Create the same conditions that she claimed made her cheat. And observe her. There is no valid excuse for cheating. Guard your heart with all diligence... Once bitten, twice shy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? / Naked Challenge Begins Due To Corona Virus Lockdown (photos) / Ladies Have You Ever Seduced A Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.