Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,015 members, 7,828,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Sleeping In Lagos Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sleeping In Lagos Airport (3430 Views)

Man Sleeping In A Moving Garbage Truck In Lagos / The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleeping In Lagos Airport by sweetberry(f): 7:45am On Apr 15, 2008
i have to go to Nigeria urgently so i just bought a ticket, but we will arrive at lagos airport around 10pm by then i feel it will be too late/dangerous to go to ilorin.
what really are my options? can i stay SAFELY at the airport overnight or is that a no-no
Re: Sleeping In Lagos Airport by EloSela(f): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2008
I had to stay at MM airport after missing my flight. It is safe, I suppose but very uncomfortable. Make sure you have lots of snacks and drinks with you as the few bars there close around 12am and sweet machines are non-existent. The toilets are not the best either but I think there was running water and so you should be able to brush your teeth and wash your face in the morning.

My unfortunate stay was in 2006 though and so it may be a bit better today.

Since you are arriving at 10pm, you could perhaps chance it and go to a nearby hotel.
Re: Sleeping In Lagos Airport by Frando29(m): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2008
@ poster

I had to sleep at the airport sometime in march this year. Everything Elo Sela said is true. But if you are arriving Lagos by 10pm, then i think you should check into a hotel in Ikeja for the night. All the best!
Re: Sleeping In Lagos Airport by almondjoy(f): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2008
Please hang around Ikeja and do not venture out past that area at that time of the night.  The reason I always fly Delta Airlines. . .arrives in the morning. . .like 9-10AM.  No need to sleep over or hang around Lagos unless I have clothes to pick up from ma tailors.  Fly out like 3:30 PM to Benin-City, after running some errands then.  Safe at home by 5PM. In bed by 8-9PM without stress! cool

The only thing is that Delta also flies out in the morning when leaving Nigeria. . .so I have to sleep over in Lagos when I am leaving Nigeria.  Ikeja only. . .I don't want to risk helicopter and ferry rides to avoid traffic from the Island or Mainland, first thing in the morning and miss ma flight.

@poster
You can sleep at the airport. . very uncomfortable after smelling unwashed mouths and arses through the night with no place to freshen up and relax.  Kai!  I can't smell myself all through the night after almost 24 hours of no water for ma wetin call. angry  Hmmmmmmmm! Impossible!

Or you can go to a hotel or put up with a friend or relative around Ikeja.  Then leave first thing in the morning to Ilorin.

Bestest wishes! kiss
Re: Sleeping In Lagos Airport by ernal(m): 10:13am On Apr 18, 2008
sweetberry it isnt that bad here in Lagos,as long as you can get a good car hire from teh airport care hire to take u to any good hotel around ikeja you safe,just incase you need a good driver waiting for you b4 u arrival,let me know,i can recommend someone who operates his own car hire business and have being doing so for over 20years.so you have nothing to worry about.Have a great stay here in Nigeria.
Re: Sleeping In Lagos Airport by ty4real(m): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2008
@Poster!
Please leave out the car hire thing in the dead of the night in Lagos ooooooo grin grin!Meanwhile dont you family friends in Lga that could pick you up or if you family memebrs who are coming to pick you,they could book for an hotel ahead for you and then pick you at the time and you just check in instead of staying in that open arena!And men it can really get cold in there especially in the night when there are not much people travelling!Just an advice sha!Oru o mo eni owo oooo(Night/Dark no sabi innocent and honourable person ooooo wink wink
Re: Sleeping In Lagos Airport by ernal(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2008
Well i still believe we should believe in our own country and leave lasting impression for ourselves, I have traveled and arrived dead late and never had problem with checkinto an hotel around ikeja b4 i finally go home, come on Lagos is no Hell!
Re: Sleeping In Lagos Airport by Bossman(m): 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2008
I was just about to say, wait oh. Just about every time I go home, we arrive late at night. Usually between 9 - 11 PM. Actually, most flights from Europe arrive at night. I have never had any problems. Obviously, it helps that we have people waiting to pick us up, and the house is right in Ikeja. Having said that, sweetberry, you should be able to get to a hotel without any problems.

ernal:

Well i still believe we should believe in our own country and leave lasting impression for ourselves, I have traveled and arrived dead late and never had problem with checkinto an hotel around ikeja before i finally go home, come on Lagos is no Hell!
Re: Sleeping In Lagos Airport by sweetberry(f): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2008
thanks everyone all sorted out now

(1) (Reply)

Mention The Countries That You Have Been To. / Guidelines Settling Down In Manitoba Canada / Tax Clearance Certificate For Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.