Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426128 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:38pm On May 03, 2013
ik.swiss:
Sir temmytanny and odunemuanuel please was going through the documents needed for your interview after sending your form to kcc.my questions are (1)military record (2)deportation documents(3)marriage certificate(3)military records and custody documentation DO MY MOM NEED THOSE THINGS COS SHE DID NOT GO FOR THE MILITARY SERVICE AND INDON KNOW MY DAD SO SHE WAS NEVER MARRIED AND THE REST SHE FOR NONE OF THEM
it doesnt mean they present all the document but the marriage cert must be presented if she is going with your Dad.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 1:27pm On May 03, 2013
I went, I checked, I saw,I read, I asimilated and undastud d@ my entry has nt bin selected @ dis time,congrats 2 all selected

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by FineBro(m): 1:35pm On May 03, 2013
So no one was selected here?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 1:45pm On May 03, 2013
I registered ten peoples non was selected...,
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 1:53pm On May 03, 2013
FineBro: So no one was selected here?
don't worry second batch will be releas next month and there be many winners from nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 03, 2013
Bro am I suppose to fill my own form too cos is stated that (THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND ALL FAMILY MEMBERS APPLYING FOR A DIVERSITY VISA MUST SUBMIT BOTH PART 1AND 2 OF DS 230 FORM)
temmytanny: it doesnt mean they present all the document but the marriage cert must be presented if she is going with your Dad.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 1:57pm On May 03, 2013
Bussyme: I registered ten peoples non was selected...,
wait 4 second batch in june,july and oct.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 2:00pm On May 03, 2013
ik.swiss:
Bro am I suppose to fill my own form too cos is stated that (THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND ALL FAMILY MEMBERS APPLYING FOR A DIVERSITY VISA MUST SUBMIT BOTH PART 1AND 2 OF DS 230 FORM)
boy if u ar not included during registration don't try it
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 03, 2013
HOMMIES I CALLED THE KCC NOW WITH MY MAGIC JACK ND THE WOMAN THAT PICKED UP THE CALL TOLD ME THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME SHE SAID I SHOULD FILL IN THAT AM HER SON......................JUST GONNA BOW DOWN MY HEAD AND PRAY TO GOD TO SEE ME THRU
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by geeotabor(m): 2:19pm On May 03, 2013
plz,once selected,even if you are yet to check,i hope that the person's selection will not be tampered with even after a month??
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 2:25pm On May 03, 2013
ik.swiss:
HOMMIES I CALLED THE KCC NOW WITH MY MAGIC JACK ND THE WOMAN THAT PICKED UP THE CALL TOLD ME THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME SHE SAID I SHOULD FILL IN THAT AM HER SON......................JUST GONNA BOW DOWN MY HEAD AND PRAY TO GOD TO SEE ME THRU
if i may ask where u included during reg in oct 2012
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 2:44pm On May 03, 2013
ik.swiss:
i will advice you, if you are not included during the october registration, dont try it. I think you have ears! Go and read people experience in your suituations in DV2013 winners meet here, you wil but hold Gear! Beware! On that day that woman will not be there......THink about this! Read DV2013 winners meet here from O to 700 Do READ!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 2:50pm On May 03, 2013
obamaobama: boy if u ar not included during registration don't try it
The expiry dates on form DS 230 showed dates like 10/29/2012, 21/03/2013 when we are in May 2013. Can we still fill these forms with this expiry date?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 03, 2013
the thread ain't moving...guess not much nairaland winners
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tpia5: 2:54pm On May 03, 2013
I Hate 9ja: considering dv lottery......it myt be scraped but not now....not this yr and not nxtyr......
ON D MOVE

Nigeria ceases to qualify as of 2015, according to wiki (not sure if this is true however).

There will most likely be a mad rush to get into the US by any means necessary, starting from around now.

However, i think some other programme will probably be introduced to replace it, which nigerians can take advantage of.

Prior to 1995, most nigerian immigrants to america were on educational visas, prior to the 1970s, i think it was a mixture of educational visas versus asylum visas.

1970 to 1995 were mostly educational and family based visas perhaps, not sure.

After 1995, mostly family based, education and dv lottery.

I stand to be corrected if someone in the know, has better stats.

Also, i dont know the figures for the tourism or non immigrant categories.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 03, 2013
rcb34: I went, I checked, I saw,I read, I asimilated and undastud d@ my entry has nt bin selected @ dis time,congrats 2 all selected

love your spirit,timekeeper
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennyakobo2: 2:59pm On May 03, 2013
Please house, this is the error message I've been getting from the website. Please is anyone encountering this problem?

The information entered is not valid. Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth
to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page.

Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 03, 2013
obamaobama: don't worry second batch will be releas next month and there be many winners from nairaland.
t

you keep saying that. what evidence do you have that subsequent draws will be made?
i believe KCC is done with selection and moving on with further processing of selectees.the only way open is to hope Nigeria is eligible for 2015(which i doubt) or we wait for the new,improved dv lottery system designed like the Canadians in 2016.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennyakobo2: 3:08pm On May 03, 2013
Can anyone help me with this ?
kennyakobo2: Please house, this is the error message I've been getting from the website. Please is anyone encountering this problem?

The information entered is not valid. Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth
to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page.

Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 3:14pm On May 03, 2013
obamaobama: wait 4 second batch in june,july and oct.

Abeg where did you get your information? Pls stop giving people false hope. DV2014 is not like DV2013. Besides they did not state there will be any subsequent draw in June, July or October? Why did you leave out August and September?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 03, 2013
kennyakobo2: Can anyone help me with this ?

it means you can enter an invalid character based on the similarities above. ie 1 can be i,zero can be o
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 3:26pm On May 03, 2013
obamaobama: wait 4 second batch in june,july and oct.
@obamaobama,you said june,july are you sure and where is your source of information?.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gnykelly(m): 3:35pm On May 03, 2013
Not selected, i don't think there will be further selection. Our new hope should be that nigeria will be eligible for 2015 (2million nigerian registered, it means 2m of us don't believe in this geographical expression)

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2013
obamaobama: don't worry second batch will be releas next month and there be many winners from nairaland.
what date will it be?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 4:04pm On May 03, 2013
adeniyisavage:

love your spirit,timekeeper
fankx big bro
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 03, 2013
gny kelly: Not selected, i don't think there will be further selection. Our new hope should be that nigeria will be eligible for 2015 (2million nigerian registered, it means 2m of us don't believe in this geographical expression)

lots more...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ceejay80s(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2013
no second batch dis year
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Gbenge77(m): 4:56pm On May 03, 2013
ceejay80s: no second batch dis year
Previously.on tha DV website,the info was that more entrants could be selected before June 30.Now,on May 1st,that info was removed.Something appears suspect there.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 4:59pm On May 03, 2013
kdgom66:

Abeg where did you get your information? Pls stop giving people false hope. DV2014 is not like DV2013. Besides they did not state there will be any subsequent draw in June, July or October? Why did you leave out August and September?
take it or leave it second and third batch will be release in june,july and oct. But no second draw
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 03, 2013
obamaobama: take it or leave it second and third batch will be release in june,july and oct. But no second draw

Oga don vex o.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dooch(m): 5:15pm On May 03, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
Black lawmakers and civil rights groups are concerned by a proposal in the Senate's immigration reform bill that would do away with “diversity” visas that are often a pathway for African and Caribbean immigrants to enter the United States.

Advocates said they haven't seen evidence yet that a new merit-based program is an acceptable replacement for the diversity visas, which total 55,000 each year and are granted via a lottery.

Hilary Shelton, director of the NAACP Washington bureau, said he is telling lawmakers not to eliminate the diversity program when comprehensive immigration reform moves forward.

“At this point, we are urging lawmakers not to eliminate the diversity visa program,” Shelton told The Hill. “This is one of the places in the bill that needs to be addressed. We will work with our friends in the Senate, and we have started working with our friends in the House as well.”

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), co-chairman of the immigration task force for the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), called the Senate bill “a significant step in the right direction” but said his caucus is worried about the plan to eliminate diversity visas.

“With respect to the abolishment of the diversity visa lottery program, the CBC is extremely concerned that it might limit the future flow of immigration for people from certain parts of the world,” Jeffries said. “That’s troublesome, and we’re evaluating the merit-based visa proposal to determine if it's fair and balanced.”

The diversity program makes 55,000 visas available each year to countries with low immigration rates to the United States. Those awarded the visas are chosen by a lottery, with about half typically going to African immigrants.

Republican lawmakers have targeted the program in the past for elimination, arguing the program's lottery system can lead to fraud and undermine national security.

The Senate bill proposes ending the diversity visas in 2015 and creating a new, merit-based visa program. It would make 120,000 visas available per year, rising to a maximum of 250,000, depending on the need for them and the unemployment rate. Immigrants would earn points toward visas based on their education, employment, family ties and other criteria.

“The jury is still out on whether the merit-based visas will be sufficient to address the concerns we have identified with diversity visas,” said Wade Henderson, president and CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights. “We are concerned but we are still looking, and we are still making a decision.”

Some groups are furious with lawmakers for putting the diversity program on the chopping block.

“This is not a zero-sum game where we take from one to give to another. That is not how comprehensive immigration reform should work,” said Bertha Lewis, president of The Black Institute. “We are really, really angry about this diversity visa business.”

Jeffries said it was “too early to say” whether he would support the Senate bill without changes. The CBC is in talks with lawmakers negotiating a House immigration overhaul, he said.

“The situation is still very much in flux, and we won’t know until the end of the month what that bill might ultimately look like,” Jeffries said.

Rep. Steven Horsford (D-Nev.), another co-chairman of the CBC's immigration task force, said the group met on Wednesday afternoon to discuss the diversity visa issue.

“We continue to be concerned about the discontinuation of the diversity waiver, and the fact that … African and Caribbean immigrants who are participating in the diversity visa [program] per year could lose that pathway,” Horsford said.

Horsford said CBC leaders have been in talks with immigration reform negotiators in both the House and the Senate. He suggested the merit-based replacement program was included in the Senate bill at the urging of the CBC.

“In large part, this alternative has been proposed because of our concerns with the diversity visa [discontinuation]. Meaning, we brought this issue up when we heard that it was being talked about [being] eliminated,” Horsford said. “And we said, ‘Look, without some meaningful alternative that ensures that all communities, including Caribbean and African immigrants, are protected, then, you know, we [the CBC] would have major concern.’”

Horsford said Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.), another leader of the CBC’s immigration task force, has been in talks with Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), a member of the Senate's "Gang of Eight," about diversity visas.

“And now that we have the language, and now that we can see the alternative specifically, we can, you know, begin to work on how it affects our communities,” Horsford said.

Horsford said he expected the House immigration reform bill would have similar language related to diversity visas and the merit-based replacement program.

Shelton of the NAACP said he was hoping for “a strengthening” of the diversity visa program in the immigration reform bill by increasing its numbers of visas and expediting their processing time.

“It has not been demonstrated yet that the merit-based visas that are being lifted up will solve the problems that diversity visas were intended to solve,” Shelton said. “There may be a need for an amendment to fix this problem in the future to help African and Caribbean immigrants

Some encouraging news there grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.