Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,167 members, 7,849,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (428505 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 10:26am On May 05, 2013
ernestleon: Can someone give me a clue on what's a long birth cert in Nigeria,I have the green type from the National population Commission.I don't know if that's what they require

NPC has got 2types of Birth certificate. D short one and the long one that looks like A4 paper.

I just read throu travel.state.gov. They said
Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#certificates

If ur NPC is in a short form. You need to do the long one @ their office in surulere, lagos
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 10:36am On May 05, 2013
rcb34: Ma question here is to enlighting all of us here, sometime ago b4 I registered for DV2014,I was havin a background check so that I wunt fall into the hands of fraudsters,I came across a government link,have bin checkin so I could post,@ that time I read this "that a country becomes ineligible if that country has sent more than 50000 immigrants to USA within the 5 previous years", I min 5yrs back, bt I saw and calculate from www.travel.state.gov within 5yrs Nigeria dint send such an amount, please enlightin us, is it th@ the calculation is from 1996 till date or from 5yRs back,I really need mature minded people to answer to dis question, Boss @ Justwise would appreciate if u have sometin to say base on experience and base on ur level of achievment, and pls any comentin should nt insult oda pipus opinion, thank you

I think 5 years starts counting from the current fiscal year to 5 years back. Just as we are in 2013 now, they'd count from now till 5 years back, not from 1996.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 10:46am On May 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Please, why was your DV2012 result cancelled? Enlighten me please.
DV2012 was cancelled, as result of error associated in the program created for random selection of applicants. The first 4days entrants during registration period where selected, n that does not reflect a true random selection of entrants. So it was botched, n another draw took place/ result released around July2012.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sted303: 10:48am On May 05, 2013
sted303: I want an enquiry for a friend. He applied for business visa last year and the guy that filled his DS 160, just to claim tie with nigeria, he went ahead to claim he's married, while he is not, he filled married in his DS160. Now he applied as single for the DV lotery and was selected for further processing and want to go there single cos he is not married in the first place. Now would this affect him being denied visa? Well he was denied business visa last year.
house please help. I need a response.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 11:01am On May 05, 2013
sted303: house please help. I need a response.
If you filled married, then prepare to go for your interview with ample evidence, your so-called wife, your marriage certificate, both of you must read/study DV2013winners meet here trending resources, to enable you guys become resourceful,n vast in what you are expected to say.More especially tell the truth. If you are not married buh you have erroneously filled married, am afraid,except God's divine intervention. Just be truthful....Because TRUTH IS THE LIGHT THAT DESTROY DARKNESS OF FEAR N FAILURE........
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sted303: 11:30am On May 05, 2013
Journi2America: If you filled married, then prepare to go for your interview with ample evidence, your so-called wife, your marriage certificate, both of you must read/study DV2013winners meet here trending resources, to enable you guys become resourceful,n vast in what you are expected to say.More especially tell the truth. If you are not married buh you have erroneously filled married, am afraid,except God's divine intervention. Just be truthful....Because TRUTH IS THE LIGHT THAT DESTROY DARKNESS OF FEAR N FAILURE........
I don't think you read my question properly or understood what I was saying. My friend said he applied for visa last year FEB as he was in a hurry to leave the country, he met and agent who fixed travelling stuff for him and filled married in his DS160 just to create ties. But he was denied visa. He played the lottery 2013 and was selected this may for further processing. He is actually single and filled his DV lottery application as single. He wants to process his DV lottery visa as single. I want to know if the Previous DS160 he filled for his business visa would affect him (married).
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sted303: 11:31am On May 05, 2013
@bigfrancis, you're viewing the thread, pls try and help.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 11:39am On May 05, 2013
sted303: I don't think you read my question properly or understood what I was saying. My friend said he applied for visa last year FEB as he was in a hurry to leave the country, he met and agent who fixed travelling stuff for him and filled married in his DS160 just to create ties. But he was denied visa. He played the lottery 2013 and was selected this may for further processing. He is actually single and filled his DV lottery application as single. He wants to process his DV lottery visa as single. I want to know if the Previous DS160 he filled for his business visa would affect him (married).
Do know that they have his info on their datebase, just tell them what realy happen last time why he filled married. Dont lieeooo they av his info already. Shebi he did interview n was denied? Just tell the truth
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dad007(m): 12:00pm On May 05, 2013
jidex001:

NPC has got 2types of Birth certificate. D short one and the long one that looks like A4 paper.

I just read throu travel.state.gov. They said
Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#certificates

If ur NPC is in a short form. You need to do the long one @ their office in surulere, lagos
Thanks man
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 12:01pm On May 05, 2013
sted303: I don't think you read my question properly or understood what I was saying. My friend said he applied for visa last year FEB as he was in a hurry to leave the country, he met and agent who fixed travelling stuff for him and filled married in his DS160 just to create ties. But he was denied visa. He played the lottery 2013 and was selected this may for further processing. He is actually single and filled his DV lottery application as single. He wants to process his DV lottery visa as single. I want to know if the Previous DS160 he filled for his business visa would affect him (married).
Salutation to everybody on this thread. Tell your friend that he has nothing to worry about.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2013
STILL THE SAME BIG FAMILY. MAY THE LOVE CONTINUE PLEASE
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 12:59pm On May 05, 2013
junkerhill: Salutation to everybody on this thread. Tell your friend that he has nothing to worry about.

Don't be too sure ooo cos dis people dnt joke wit their data base...abi no bi d same embassy. I wuld want to believe dat dey wuld ve a dept dat cross chck these infos. As far as u have applied for a visa, whether granted or denied, most esp if denied, they are likely to cross check whether any info given now is true, has changed, or was fraudulently given or obtained. Hope u r favoured. All da best!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 1:08pm On May 05, 2013
sted303: house please help. I need a response.

My dear dis people dnt joke wit their data base...abi no bi d same embassy. I wuld want to believe dat dey wuld ve a dept dat cross chck these infos. As far as u have applied for a visa, whether granted or denied, most esp if denied, they are likely to cross check whether any info given now is true, has changed, or was fraudulently given or obtained. I wuld say his chances of a successful interview is slim but let's hope ur friend is favoured.
Bottom line, when d CO ask him if he has ever applied for a US visa before, he should tell d truth, d whole truth n nothing but d truth, cos non disclosure or outright lie has resulted to applicants being denied visa. HE SHOULD BE HONEST!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 1:27pm On May 05, 2013

sted303: @bigfrancis, you're viewing the thread, pls try and help.

His previous business visa entry containing 'married' is likely to be on the US consular database. However he's single and wants to process the lottery as single. When he gets to the interview he should say only the truth and stick to the truth. If questions are raised on the married/single issue, let him say the truth by telling them the agent who filled his form mistakingly filled married for the agent thought he was married. However, he's not.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 05, 2013
I'm doubting this October's Selection, I dnt think there will be any mf selectn again.. And where is Spectacular007 ?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by michaeladesiyan: 2:26pm On May 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

His previous business visa entry containing 'married' is likely to be on the US consular database. However he's single and wants to process the lottery as single. When he gets to the interview he should say only the truth and stick to the truth. If questions are raised on the married/single issue, let him say the truth by telling them the agent who filled his form mistakingly filled married for the agent thought he was married. However, he's not.

no be say they may have the database. They have everything. Remember he did fingerprint. To me its a very difficult decision if u decide to go ahead. And remember u ve swore to say the truth. One option is forging a divorce certificate or wathever and hold it on ur interview day because weather u like it or not they will ask u why u filled married for the biz visa and they wont bliv its a mistake. Pls think constructively bfore making ur decision to go ahead. Remember america wants the truth and while saying the truth u might be denied based on that. Think right.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 3:42pm On May 05, 2013
Amefrica: I'm doubting this October's Selection, I dnt think there will be any mf selectn again.. And where is Spectacular007 ?
yeah me doubting 2....all we can do nw is hope and pray dat God speaks on our behalf
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 5:06pm On May 05, 2013
michaeladesiyan:
no be say they may have the database. They have everything. Remember he did fingerprint. To me its a very difficult decision if u decide to go ahead. And remember u ve swore to say the truth. One option is forging a divorce certificate or wathever and hold it on ur interview day because weather u like it or not they will ask u why u filled married for the biz visa and they wont bliv its a mistake. Pls think constructively bfore making ur decision to go ahead. Remember america wants the truth and while saying the truth u might be denied based on that. Think right.
grin
Would it be advisable for him to forge? My opinion is that since some married people and even parents that played the lottery applied as single (Ik.Swiss mother for example), he could still claim married but going alone. cheesy

Just saying#
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sted303: 5:18pm On May 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:
grin
Would it be advisable for him to forge? My opinion is that since some married people and even parents that played the lottery applied as single (Ik.Swiss mother for example), he could still claim married but going alone. cheesy

Just saying#
I get you bigfrancis. I was of the opinion that he should get married to his Fiance as quickly as possible(court marriage), then file for her since his status has changed. Then when they ask him, he should tell the VO that he only did traditional marriage and this is his court wedding he's just doing now

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cooldude11: 6:14pm On May 05, 2013
Guys please what is the meaning of petitioner name and address on DS 230 form. whose details should i fill in the blank? Cheers
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 6:36pm On May 05, 2013
HEllo house have been going through this page for the past two days I checked my dv yesterday I was selected but have a little problem.While filling the DVD lottery I filled in that am single which I am now and o filled in that i got no kid but I got a kid and he bears my name I want to include him in my d 220 what's you opinion?help needed here thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 6:38pm On May 05, 2013
cooldude11: Guys please what is the meaning of petitioner name and address on DS 230 form. whose details should i fill in the blank? Cheers

The petitioner is the principal applicant.You won so you are the petitioner. You put ur name and address.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 6:41pm On May 05, 2013
cindybella: HEllo house have been going through this page for the past two days I checked my dv yesterday I was selected but have a little problem.While filling the DVD lottery I filled in that am single which I am now and o filled in that i got no kid but I got a kid and he bears my name I want to include him in my d 220 what's you opinion?help needed here thanks

If you includes him then you stand a good chance of been refused a visa. You said you got no kid when you played and now you are claiming that you have a kid?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Allohrandy(m): 6:45pm On May 05, 2013
rcb34: Ma question here is to enlighting all of us here, sometime ago b4 I registered for DV2014,I was havin a background check so that I wunt fall into the hands of fraudsters,I came across a government link,have bin checkin so I could post,@ that time I read this "that a country becomes ineligible if that country has sent more than 50000 immigrants to USA within the 5 previous years", I min 5yrs back, bt I saw and calculate from www.travel.state.gov within 5yrs Nigeria dint send such an amount, please enlightin us, is it th@ the calculation is from 1996 till date or from 5yRs back,I really need mature minded people to answer to dis question, Boss @ Justwise would appreciate if u have sometin to say base on experience and base on ur level of achievment, and pls any comentin should nt insult oda pipus opinion, thank you
I guess you only calculated the number of visa lottery winner immigrants from 5 years back. you should know that visa lottery is not the only way to immigrate to US. In-fact the easiest way to immigrate to the US is through marriage to a US citizen ; there are thousands of Nigerians who get married to US citizens. For example, there are thousands of Nigerian-Americans who come back home to get married to Nigerians. Also many Nigerian students and overstay Nigerians in the States end up getting married to Americans and end up getting the green-card.. so if you add the number Spouse visa and Visa lottery green card in the past 5 years I guess it should be more than 50000. The reason why countries like China and Mexico have never be qualify for the visa lottery is because the number of spouse visa green-card every 5 years exceed 50000. So I won't be surprise if Nigeria is not qualify for the next 5 years too.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 6:45pm On May 05, 2013
Yaa I do am so confuse now and I can't go without him was thinking of calling us embassy Abuja about it
justwise:

If you includes him then you stand a good chance of been refused a visa. You said you got no kid when you played and now you are claiming that you have a kid?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 6:50pm On May 05, 2013
cindybella: Yaa I do am so confuse now and I can't go without him was thinking of calling us embassy Abuja about it

Well...you can call them..but i don't think you will get any useful answer.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 7:03pm On May 05, 2013
So what I suggesting me to do now
justwise:

Well...you can call them..but i don't think you will get any useful answer.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 05, 2013
cindybella: Yaa I do am so confuse now and I can't go without him was thinking of calling us embassy Abuja about it

You can't apply as single with 0 children and later say u are single with 1 child. It is 2 different statement. You will just disqualify yourself and give somebody else ur slot. Dats all ! Simple as ABC! So be wise and go with ur previous status declaration.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 7:14pm On May 05, 2013
cindybella: So what I suggesting me to do now

Go as a single person or include your child then get disqualified and stay back in Nigeria with your child
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 7:26pm On May 05, 2013
Still thinking about it justwise but I can write him invitation to come visit me if am granted a visa
justwise:

Go as a single person or include your child then get disqualified and stay back in Nigeria with your child
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 05, 2013
Hello am having the same issue here
cindybella: HEllo house have been going through this page for the past two days I checked my dv yesterday I was selected but have a little problem.While filling the DVD lottery I filled in that am single which I am now and o filled in that i got no kid but I got a kid and he bears my name I want to include him in my d 220 what's you opinion?help needed here thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 05, 2013
Justwise thanks.please I need a little answer from you guys I wanna tell my mom to get married to my uncle so that I will be included for the visa is it a good dicision

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.