Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,344 members, 7,857,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 02:26 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (428984 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 7:50am On Jul 08, 2014
@007; Welldone.May God reward ur labour of love.Like I said earlier I miss ur yabis o.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 8:42am On Jul 08, 2014
Godis4me: When the Lord turn again the captivity of Zion,we were like them that dream.....Do you know it still look as if Im dreaming.All thanks to my maker for giving me this golden opportunity.In 2012,few days after my birthday,a friend,an House Officer then told me about the on going visa lottery.I jokingly said we should erect a stand in the hospital enviroment and we laughed it off.He played it for me and my family with His BB phone.He forwarded the confirmation pin to my mail but I mistakenly deleted the message.I was not bothered cause I thought kcc would mail me if I win,It was on sunday evening May 6th,2013 when He called that I was the only person that won out of those He played for.I didnt believe Him initially,then He sent my confirmation no to me and lo and behold,I won.Out of my curiosity,I read all instructions,google the googleables.I came in contact with this forum after I have submitted my form to kcc.I later join the forum as a member last December.Meanwhile,the VO trend was closed then,I waited patiently untill I posted my question which attracted some members to me.It was all about my husby late twin brother son who has being living with us since 2009 that was included in my initially entry.So I was confused whether to get an adoption decree or a letter of release from the mum.I was totally devastated when the VO said I will need an adoption decree cause I heard initially that it would cost me 250k.007 was very supportive cause He was the one that alerted me when the VO replied me.Ityroyal was the angel God sent to me on this forum,He called me and linked me up on how to get the adoption done at a lesser price.He stood by me and advised me when I was depressed cause the adoption issue aggravated my husby' unwilling attitude not to purse the visa.He is a mature man with a good virtue and He is always ready to bear others burden.Thanks to God His visa was approved too,our medical was done the same date and place(although it was planned).He also helped us to book at bayland suite,may God bless you and your lovely wife and children.Thanks to 007 who is always willing to assist on this forum,Infact,He called and prayed for before I left the hote.The Lord will make you great.sorry for the long story,i have to write all this so that others can pick one or two things.NOW to the interview proper,my family and Ityroyal left our hotel around 5.45am,necessary security check began on getting to the embassy.our document was checked ard 8.30am and the waiting began that we were almost worn out.We were interview around 2.30pm after a long wait.Just 4 simple question o.My highest level of education,when it was obtained,when I got married,when that my boy was adopted and I answered her with a smile.This is how my story ends in praise o.Thanks to our lovely VO too.

Congratulations to you Madam... i understood your feelings ..... and Amen to your prayer... am so so happy for you... God is faithful

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 8:48am On Jul 08, 2014
awalariseup: thank a lot mr adeboy for ur reply, my interview is july ending , the npc certivicate I hav wit mi is that short one since 2004, contain mi birth date, full name, father and mother full name and mi place of birth, I went to nearest npc office to get d large one but d woman advise mi to keep d short one i hav. but I dont know weither it wil be acepted at the embassy. pls wat can I do? can I go for d large one or I sud go wit d short one I have done since2004

I wouldn't say u shouldn't follow what the woman at the nearest NPC in your place told you to do... but i will like if you follow people's advices here...

If I may ask you... Are you Single or Married? (If married are you beneficiary or the Principal Applicant?)

Please the rules for DV state Long form of Birth Certificate... Pls go for it... you wouln't like to give your self unnecessary headache on the day of your interview

Remember, this will not cost you more dan 4,000 (Sworn Affidavit at the High Court and NPC Attestation of Birth)

NOTE Attestation of Birth will be ready approximately 2 weeks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 8:53am On Jul 08, 2014
JehovahFavor: Thank you my broda. I called you in the afternoon when i couldnt get thru to ItyRoyal and no call from him to know the situa tion of things in the embassy as regards his visa, so i became appre hensive. But thank God the good news finally came out. Its your turn i am awaiting for celebration. And so shall it be In-sha-Allau. Barka- Asunni. Emi a ri eyin osu o!

Ohh sorry i missed your call sir..... during that period everyone in the BBM house was really feeling down as we haven't heard anything from him.. we were all scared, infact the house was moody... but thank God we heard exactly the great news we are hoping for... more of these till the end of the fiscal year

I say a Big Amen to your prayer... Fasting is ongoing..... thank you so much

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 9:15am On Jul 08, 2014
cute2014: @007; Welldone.May God reward ur labour of love.Like I said earlier I miss ur yabis o.

smiley smiley..... Actually I was planing some sweet yabis against our Thanksgiving day in United States by November ending... and besides i realized many of our old members dat understood me are currently in United states now... so i will have to package them against that day...

I am missing one woman oooo... Dekonjay ... its been long i heard from her...... and her case must have been current because she is 16+, i wonder what's going on with her..... and i lost her contact too... I hope she is good

Lest i forget, I say a big AMEN to your prayer..... dat can not be ignored madam smiley
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jadajada: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2014
goodday to u all. I 'll like to know if Nigerians will b eligible 4 d next lottery.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 11:59am On Jul 08, 2014
jadajada: goodday to u all. I 'll like to know if Nigerians will b eligible 4 d next lottery.

Howdy,

No one can tell if Nigerian will be eligible for the next diversity visa lottery program (2016)

Lets wait till probably end of September 2014 if there will be any changing about Nigerian current status on DV Lottery Program

Finger crossed
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
Adeboy007:

Howdy,

No one can tell if Nigerian will be eligible for the next diversity visa lottery program (2016)

Lets wait till probably end of September 2014 if there will be any changing about Nigerian current status on DV Lottery Program

Finger crossed

Nigeria is going to be eligible in dvlottery in the year 2020
nd dat is going to be the year of our vision 2020 by then naija no go day again so ??
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by awalariseup(m): 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
I appreciate ur concern mr adeboy007, may God perfect ur own work ijm, amen. I am married, aslo d principal applicant. I wil go for d long one as u said. thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by awalariseup(m): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
pls I wil also like to know if mi wife can use mi own surname since we hav married for her npc attestation or she sud use her maiden name! pls reply mi asap
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
Godis4me: When the Lord turn again the captivity of Zion,we were like them that dream.....Do you know it still look as if Im dreaming.All thanks to my maker for giving me this golden opportunity.In 2012,few days after my birthday,a friend,an House Officer then told me about the on going visa lottery.I jokingly said we should erect a stand in the hospital enviroment and we laughed it off.He played it for me and my family with His BB phone.He forwarded the confirmation pin to my mail but I mistakenly deleted the message.I was not bothered cause I thought kcc would mail me if I win,It was on sunday evening May 6th,2013 when He called that I was the only person that won out of those He played for.I didnt believe Him initially,then He sent my confirmation no to me and lo and behold,I won.Out of my curiosity,I read all instructions,google the googleables.I came in contact with this forum after I have submitted my form to kcc.I later join the forum as a member last December.Meanwhile,the VO trend was closed then,I waited patiently untill I posted my question which attracted some members to me.It was all about my husby late twin brother son who has being living with us since 2009 that was included in my initially entry.So I was confused whether to get an adoption decree or a letter of release from the mum.I was totally devastated when the VO said I will need an adoption decree cause I heard initially that it would cost me 250k.007 was very supportive cause He was the one that alerted me when the VO replied me.Ityroyal was the angel God sent to me on this forum,He called me and linked me up on how to get the adoption done at a lesser price.He stood by me and advised me when I was depressed cause the adoption issue aggravated my husby' unwilling attitude not to purse the visa.He is a mature man with a good virtue and He is always ready to bear others burden.Thanks to God His visa was approved too,our medical was done the same date and place(although it was planned).He also helped us to book at bayland suite,may God bless you and your lovely wife and children.Thanks to 007 who is always willing to assist on this forum,Infact,He called and prayed for before I left the hote.The Lord will make you great.sorry for the long story,i have to write all this so that others can pick one or two things.NOW to the interview proper,my family and Ityroyal left our hotel around 5.45am,necessary security check began on getting to the embassy.our document was checked ard 8.30am and the waiting began that we were almost worn out.We were interview around 2.30pm after a long wait.Just 4 simple question o.My highest level of education,when it was obtained,when I got married,when that my boy was adopted and I answered her with a smile.This is how my story ends in praise o.Thanks to our lovely VO too.

Congratulations madam and your handsome and calm hubby! Your story is a special one and your success is designed by God. I only went to the court to fix my wife's affidavit for NPC when I met this man. We became friends and I dashed him additional N200 for making my job really fast. He was so excited about the 'windfall' and now told me that I should please refer pple to him because he handles different genuine documents including adoption decree. Wow!!! That rang a bell! I immediately remembered Godis4me and quickly made enquiries on her behalf and discovered his charges is far cheaper than the N250k that she was initially told. Madam, just one piece of advise ma: that boy in your custody is destined to be great....he will bring you much more than your heart's desires and he will announce you to the world! Congratz once again.....meanwhile....my e-family my testimony is still coming ooooo

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Adeboy007:

Howdy,

Finger crossed
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by AREOLA: 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
for those that have done interview, want to know how many copies of passport is being needed and is it the same size with the one we uses to play the lottery? equally ao many photocopy of each document and is there any harm becus my originals are laminated.urgent response pls my interview is ds week.thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
awalariseup: I appreciate ur concern mr adeboy007, may God perfect ur own work ijm, amen. I am married, aslo d principal applicant. I wil go for d long one as u said. thanks

Amen ... Thank you... U have chosen a better option.

awalariseup: pls I wil also like to know if mi wife can use mi own surname since we hav married for her npc attestation or she sud use her maiden name! pls reply mi asap

If her international Passport carries her maiden name den let it be on NPC Attestation of birth ... but if its in your surname den let her Attestation of birth be ur surname.

Although, which ever way, that's a minor thing dat has nothing to do with the chances of getting ur visa approved
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2014

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by awalariseup(m): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
ok thanks. eese pupo.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
AREOLA: for those that have done interview, want to know how many copies of passport is being needed and is it the same size with the one we uses to play the lottery? equally ao many photocopy of each document and is there any harm becus my originals are laminated.urgent response pls my interview is ds week.thanks.

I haven't done my interview but can tell you the genuine info.

embassy will be collecting 2 passport from you but to be on a safer side pls go wit 3 or 4 passport photographs

yes its d normal American size passport photography 600 x 600 pixels or 2 x 2" inches (White background)

make 3 copies of each of your documents and there is no sin in your laminated document . so u are gud to go
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
New VB has come out.Africa 81,100 except Egypt 32,250!!I thought all regions will be current.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
PREAMBLE/APRRECIATION:

My dearest e-family... I want to first and foremost give praise and glory the Lord God Almighty, who rules the Heaven and Earth, the One that stooped soooooo low to pick us up and has given us a seat among the Greats! He is the Craftsman of our Destiny and the Master Designer of our Future! To Him Alone be Praise, Glory and Adoration Ijn Amen.

I want to thank a very special member of the NL forum who has been my indefatigable pillar for the past 8 years. Her Name is GiftedHandz....My Adorable Wife, My True Friend, the Mother of my 3 Lovely Children and my Strong Support thru whom the Lord has given us this New Identity!

I will not forget to appreciate my e-family - this wonderful group of life's champions (that i was introduced to by my Junior brother and former colleague Seubis) I should actually mention your names one by one but the for limitation of space and a hand held device....but you know yourselves!!!! Everyone here who has been a blessing to me and my family...Thank You!

THE JOURNEY:

This glorious journey started in October 2012, in the last week of the DV program. My HOP in the branch where I worked came to me that she has just played the Lottery for herself and family and she wants me to play also because I have been too good to her. I told her I have once played it when I newly got married but did not win dat i was not interested. She insisted that she will not leave me behind in this country! I was able to delay it till the last day which was Saturday 3rd November 2012. I knew she won't see me till Monday when the stuff must have closed. Surprisingly, THIS LADY SHOWED UP IN MY HOUSE ON THAT SATURDAY MORNING WITH HER LAPTOP AND INTERNET MODEM WITHOUT EVEN HAVING HER BATH!!! Ok, this was one sacrifice too much so I knew the game was up for me....I knew I could not say no to her with this level of sacrifice and commitment.

So we started connecting her laptop but the network on her modem was down! So I told her thatz it! There's nothing we can do! She said NO! THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO!!! LETZ GO TO THE CYBER CAFE!!! Hmm... We went to the 1st cafe...2nd....then finally the 3rd where we finally applied and submitted my application like some minutes before deadline.

I kept my confirmation print out among my documents and forgot about it! I lost faith in the application because the picture we used for the initial application had shadows and because my colleague kind of forced it on me we could not take appropriate pictures. So when the result came out in May 2013, I naturally did not have any push to check especially when my colleague that played long before me and also forced me to play did not win! On September 18th 2013, I told myself why don't you just check? I tried to check but the site could not open from my office so I forgot about it again but the document remained in my suit pocket.10 days later I scanned it to my friend in UK who checked and confirmed that my wife's entry has won!!! I could not believe it!!! But lo and behold I finally checked it by myself and confirmed that my wife's entry actually won us the most coveted lottery on earth!! That was how the waiting game started until May 2014 when our 2NL came and our date was given as 7/7.

ON THE D-DAY:

We finally left the hotel at about 5.40am after some bottle necks on the road we got to the Embassy at about 6.20am. After all the security checks we finally made payment at 8.00am. The waiting game started.... The crowd at the Embassy was alarming. They started with the singles and afterwards they faced the new couples.... They were a lot denials and more denials. Only 2 COs were on duty for the immigrant cases so it was really slow. Finally we were about the last to be attended to at about 2.30pm. My children had not eaten anything except for a slice of bread each... My 1yr old ate last by 4am when we all woke up. We were only allowed to take a few packs of biscuits but the Lord Jesus held them up for us! My 1yr old did not eat anything nor cry for hunger till we left the hall about 2.30pm.

THE INTERVIEW PROPER:

After the swearing and finger printing...
CO: When did you enter Secondary School?
Wifey: xxxx
CO: What did you do after your Secondary School?
Wifey: i worked in xxxxxx
CO: for how long?
Wifey: xxxxxx
CO: What did you do after that?
Wifey: I got admission and went to school.
CO: how many yrs did you spend in school?
Wifey: xxxxx
CO: Ok Ma'am I am going to approve your family's visa....see...I have approved your visa. Please go to this address and pick up your visa in a week's time. Congratulations and welcome to America!

CONCLUSION:

We waited for about 7 hours only to be interviewed for less than 2 minutes. TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR EVER AND EVER IJN - AMEN!!!

7 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by AREOLA: 12:05am On Jul 09, 2014
ItyRoyal, congrats to U̶̲̥̅̊
nd ur family.Please, were U̶̲̥̅̊
allowed to bring in water nd diaper 4 ur baby? Also did U̶̲̥̅̊
go with any other forms aside your credentials?nd how much is d visa fee in naira?those that were denied were they dv or Niv?sorry 4 d questions.just being curious nd like they wud say experience is d best teacher.urgent response pls interview is ds week.thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 2:46am On Jul 09, 2014
kunledox: If I knew it was gonna b ds easy,I wud av gotten my load ready for new York city....i return all d glory back to God cz he said fear not for I am with u n believe me he just did it...Praise d LORD!!!after all d necessary protocol observed..my number got beeped with ds fresh cool guy wc av being praying to God I don't wanna get interview by him nt knowin he ws d heaven sent...

Co..whats ur name?
Me..jesus.
Co...whats ur highest qualification?
Me..i just had my ND.
Co..ur course?
Me..agric engineering.
Co..wen did u finish secondary skull?
Me..faith.
Co..whos d address I gave...
Me..my uncle.
Co..what Av u bn doing since wen u get ssce
Me..blabla..
Co..what do u intend doing USA..
Me..further my study...

Naso I b citizen ooo...afta God na ds forum sure pass...kudos to 007,guru u in d house n my broda frm anoda moda,diskindGod..in conclusion Neva hesitate to tell God ow want ur interview to be...visa approved!!!!#simple#.

Sure you are one of the favoured on that faithful day. Congrats
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 2:49am On Jul 09, 2014
Adeboy007: LETS REJOICE IN THE LORD

CONGRATULATIONS TO .... ITyroyal, Godis4me, and Giftedhands Visas as been APPROVED

God we say thank you.

Thanks Adeboy, the announcer will soon be announced. Success also awaits you come 17th.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 3:02am On Jul 09, 2014
olabowalebiyi: Ok! I'm not a good narrator but I will try and make our DV2012-2014 experience has simple n interesting as I can. 1st our name is a coinage of mine n hubby,I'm Olabowale n my hubby is Oluwabiyi hence Olabowalebiyi wink.
2012 we both registered for d lottery but separately because we were single then. Got married in May 2013,trying to settle into the marriage n hoping to God for that blessings n favour that comes with marriage. Then friends started advising that we should try n apply for US Visa so we could have our Child(ren) there when d time comes. That was when we remembered our lottery o.
On dis faithful evening in later May or early June sha,hubby came back from work n said we should check our DV result,na so we check hubby own 1st n he was not selected n we checked mine,and that was when our American dream began o! Halleluyah!!!

Ok! All necessary Dox were sent to KCC as couple.
And 2nd NL came n preparation n prayers began.
And 7th July came and God perfected it.
Did all d security protocol and entered d hall with our B409 number. My maiden name was called and I went to d window n d woman took my passport and changed it to my hubbys name. Na so we submit Dox o n our passport foto almost throw us off balance as we no quick see am,we sha saw it later sha.

Waiting o! That was how my NL sister Giftedhand tapped me n introduced herself n pointed Itroyal n family to me. Ok sha I don see my family member I happy.

About 11:30ish na so our number beeped @ window 18 whr d honourable dreaded Korean guy was! Hmm! And dis guy has refused a lot of couple o n he was not smiling @ all but me,i was prepared for him sha and again d guy try o cos d oda lady wey dey window 16 was so slow,so it was as if it was d Korean guy that was doing all d work.

We took d oat n did our finger print n signed our forms. Na so Mr Oyinbo asked my hubby to go 1 corner o I come pick receiver!
CO: what's ur name
Me: I 1st lost...ok I tell am
CO: whr do u work
Me: I tell am
Co: ur current post @ ur work place
Me: I tell am
Na so CO dey ask me my educational history n work history.
CO: he was actually smiling all tru tho n a bit playful sha,he asked me to call my hubby n I should take my seat.
He asked my hubby all he asked me and was even providing answers for him and telling him he doesn't need to give d year has it were.
Then I was called and he said our Visa has bn approved! I said OK and said will like to ask him some questions,told him I would like to have my child in Nigeria before we travel and that what is d procedure to get d child's Visa,na so Oyinbo stood up to go ask o,and came back to tell Us how to go abt it and then gave us the white papers that I've always looked forward to. Na so we smile comot o,Cheering with all the friends we made there and gave a resounding Hi5 to my NL Family.
All glory to God almighty for making it possible and easy for Us. If not for God who has been on our side,this dream wouldn't have been made possible. And I'm grateful to all Naira Land peeps for dere support n contribution. God bless us all. Amen.
I hope u enjoyed our story! Ciao!

A big congrats to you and ur hubby. Was a bit worried cos of the level of denials for young couples that day but my confidence was in God and the fact that as Nairalanders you guys must have dissected all questions made available in the forum and when we saw you and your hubby smiling while still with d CO,we said to ourselves "they've been given" God is faithful.
Sorry it was Godisforme that tapped you not giftedhandz but I was d one that gave you d high five. Rgd to ur hubby.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 3:11am On Jul 09, 2014

Madam! It can only be God oooo! I didn't knw when I jumped out of the car when I heard you screaming and running to us! God has WHAOWED you I'm sure. Thanks so much for your love and prayers. Please extend my love to ur hubby and that favoured child.CONGRATZ once again.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by apex555(m): 3:16am On Jul 09, 2014
ItyRoyal: PREAMBLE/APRRECIATION:

My dearest e-family... I want to first and foremost give praise and glory the Lord God Almighty, who rules the Heaven and Earth, the One that stooped soooooo low to pick us up and has given us a seat among the Greats! He is the Craftsman of our Destiny and the Master Designer of our Future! To Him Alone be Praise, Glory and Adoration Ijn Amen.

I want to thank a very special member of the NL forum who has been my indefatigable pillar for the past 8 years. Her Name is GiftedHandz....My Adorable Wife, My True Friend, the Mother of my 3 Lovely Children and my Strong Support thru whom the Lord has given us this New Identity!

I will not forget to appreciate my e-family - this wonderful group of life's champions (that i was introduced to by my Junior brother and former colleague Seubis) I should actually mention your names one by one but the for limitation of space and a hand held device....but you know yourselves!!!! Everyone here who has been a blessing to me and my family...Thank You!

THE JOURNEY:

This glorious journey started in October 2012, in the last week of the DV program. My HOP in the branch where I worked came to me that she has just played the Lottery for herself and family and she wants me to play also because I have been too good to her. I told her I have once played it when I newly got married but did not win dat i was not interested. She insisted that she will not leave me behind in this country! I was able to delay it till the last day which was Saturday 3rd November 2012. I knew she won't see me till Monday when the stuff must have closed. Surprisingly, THIS LADY SHOWED UP IN MY HOUSE ON THAT SATURDAY MORNING WITH HER LAPTOP AND INTERNET MODEM WITHOUT EVEN HAVING HER BATH!!! Ok, this was one sacrifice too much so I knew the game was up for me....I knew I could not say no to her with this level of sacrifice and commitment.

So we started connecting her laptop but the network on her modem was down! So I told her thatz it! There's nothing we can do! She said NO! THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO!!! LETZ GO TO THE CYBER CAFE!!! Hmm... We went to the 1st cafe...2nd....then finally the 3rd where we finally applied and submitted my application like some minutes before deadline.

I kept my confirmation print out among my documents and forgot about it! I lost faith in the application because the picture we used for the initial application had shadows and because my colleague kind of forced it on me we could not take appropriate pictures. So when the result came out in May 2013, I naturally did not have any push to check especially when my colleague that played long before me and also forced me to play did not win! On September 18th 2013, I told myself why don't you just check? I tried to check but the site could not open from my office so I forgot about it again but the document remained in my suit pocket.10 days later I scanned it to my friend in UK who checked and confirmed that my wife's entry has won!!! I could not believe it!!! But lo and behold I finally checked it by myself and confirmed that my wife's entry actually won us the most coveted lottery on earth!! That was how the waiting game started until May 2014 when our 2NL came and our date was given as 7/7.

ON THE D-DAY:

We finally left the hotel at about 5.40am after some bottle necks on the road we got to the Embassy at about 6.20am. After all the security checks we finally made payment at 8.00am. The waiting game started.... The crowd at the Embassy was alarming. They started with the singles and afterwards they faced the new couples.... They were a lot denials and more denials. Only 2 COs were on duty for the immigrant cases so it was really slow. Finally we were about the last to be attended to at about 2.30pm. My children had not eaten anything except for a slice of bread each... My 1yr old ate last by 4am when we all woke up. We were only allowed to take a few packs of biscuits but the Lord Jesus held them up for us! My 1yr old did not eat anything nor cry for hunger till we left the hall about 2.30pm.

THE INTERVIEW PROPER:

CO: Ok Ma'am I am going to approve your family's visa....see...I have approved your visa. Please go to this address and pick up your visa in a week's time. Congratulations and welcome to America!

CONCLUSION:

We waited for about 7 hours only to be interviewed for less than 2 minutes. TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR EVER AND EVER IJN - AMEN!!!
God is good I am happy for you oooooo
congratulations and welcome to USA
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 3:18am On Jul 09, 2014
awalariseup: pls I wil also like to know if mi wife can use mi own surname since we hav married for her npc attestation or she sud use her maiden name! pls reply mi asap

Whatever name that on her passport is what she should use.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 3:28am On Jul 09, 2014
AREOLA: for those that have done interview, want to know how many copies of passport is being needed and is it the same size with the one we uses to play the lottery? equally ao many photocopy of each document and is there any harm becus my originals are laminated.urgent response pls my interview is ds week.thanks.

You will need 3copies of passport and it's the same two by two. All you need is to make a photocopy of each of your documents and you won't need a photocopy of the police report cos they will collect the original copy.we made 3 copies each and they were not asked for at allllllll. There's no harm in your laminated documents,mine are also laminated and all was returned after d interview .
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 3:55am On Jul 09, 2014
AREOLA: ItyRoyal, congrats to U̶̲̥̅̊
nd ur family.Please, were U̶̲̥̅̊
allowed to bring in water nd diaper 4 ur baby? Also did U̶̲̥̅̊
go with any other forms aside your credentials?nd how much is d visa fee in naira?those that were denied were they dv or Niv?sorry 4 d questions.just being curious nd like they wud say experience is d best teacher.urgent response pls interview is ds week.thanks.

Thanks. We were not allowed to take water in and were asked to open the ribena we got for d kids as we were going inside so they were drinking as we were going in,but I saw some mothers with smaller kids with feeding bottle containing tea or milk. There's water inside d hall just go with a little plastic cup. I was allowed to take diapers and an extra wear for my baby.
What you need basically are your credentials but you can go with any other document you feel might be necessary just in case u might need it. For example I went with my employment letter and some oda documents but none was asked for. It's good to over prepare than underprepare.most couples that were denied were dv winners I'm sure because of inconsistency in their answers then among the singles were dv winners too and others that were filed for.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kunledox: 7:06am On Jul 09, 2014
[quote author=GiftedHandz]

Sure you are one of the favoured on that faithful day.@giftedhndz,thnx,were u dia Dat day...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Sueadex(f): 7:43am On Jul 09, 2014
ItyRoyal: PREAMBLE/APRRECIATION:

THE JOURNEY:

ON THE D-DAY:

THE INTERVIEW PROPER:

CONCLUSION:

Congratulations
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 8:20am On Jul 09, 2014
GiftedHandz:

Thanks Adeboy, the announcer will soon be announced. Success also awaits you come 17th.

Amen and Amen to your prayer... thank you so much ... but it has cone to my knowledge dat everyone here is hiding some vital things which at the end of their successful interview they reveal their through color

Now you are my Royal's father Wiffy?... huh? and u av been hiding all dis while?

Lagbabe and dude, Igwenna and Iyconect, also Ikembadelta and Omotolaben did d same

anyway because u are not d first person that does dat I will forgive you ....

All is well my madam ... Congratulations once again
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by olabowalebiyi: 8:34am On Jul 09, 2014
GiftedHandz:
Ok ma! Thank God for his faithfulness. I'm happy we all have a good story to tell now despite the tension and the long wait.

A big congrats to you and ur hubby. Was a bit worried cos of the level of denials for young couples that day but my confidence was in God and the fact that as Nairalanders you guys must have dissected all questions made available in the forum and when we saw you and your hubby smiling while still with d CO,we said to ourselves "they've been given" God is faithful.
Sorry it was Godisforme that tapped you not giftedhandz but I was d one that gave you d high five. Rgd to ur hubby.

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.