Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426454 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 10:41am On Sep 17, 2014
VisaOfficer: Good morning everyone,

Remember how I promised to share information about immigration as soon as I find out about it? Well, here's something that's going to be announced this week:

"Please note that for DV-2016, there are no changes to the eligible countries list. The complete list of ineligible countries includes: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, the Philippines, South Korea, the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam. These countries are ineligible for the DV-2016 program because they met the 50,000 threshold for immigrant entries to the United States in the past five years."

HELLO MA, GUDam ND OW IS WORK? PLZ MA ARE THOSE COUNTRY STEEL GOING TO BE ELEGIBLE AGING IN THE NEAR FUTU?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 11:05am On Sep 17, 2014
VisaOfficer:

To be fair, the beans had little tiny worms in them. (I have stopped shopping at that particular market.)

You should have seen me standing there defiantly eating as much kilishi as I could while the agent went through my other items.
Interesting!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2014
StSteven: So I'm here...

We av been waitin for you since...let hear ur interview experience!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
tunnath: Pls house, if my galfrnd won a lottery and we marry after that......can we go to the embassy together.......since its nt fraudulent.....can we filled married in the form cos she ws single wen she played,and pls what are the document we need to take along when going for the visa interview?

With my experience and frm what i av learn and gain since i join dis great thread wit great pple...You are good to go IF,
(1)your galfrnd is the original applicant dat won the lottery,(2)you must be legally married,(3)you must prove to d consular officer dat u av a bonafide relationship wit ur wife.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
tinacrl01:

HELLO MA, GUDam ND OW IS WORK? PLZ MA ARE THOSE COUNTRY STEEL GOING TO BE ELEGIBLE AGING IN THE NEAR FUTU?

It is possible but unlikely that Nigeria will become eligible for the Diversity Visa program in the future. Right now Nigeria sends far more than 10,000 immigrants per year to the U.S., and this number is likely to grow as the number of Nigerian-Americans grows. So I doubt that Nigeria will fall back under the legal threshold for eligibility. But, anything is possible.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lakeside4christ:

We av been waitin for you since...let hear ur interview experience!
Tot the VO shared the interesting part of the experience already... u still want the full details?
Tho d experience is still on going.
@ddreams... wat u did was real. You supported a ministry so ur ministry shall be supported too.
@ all... before u say anytin further to entice the VO here, remember we r all Nigerians o
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by phatdon4u: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
StSteven:
Tot the VO shared the interesting part of the experience already... u still want the full details?
@ddreams... wat u did was real. You supported a ministry so ur ministry shall be supported too.
@ all... before u say anytin further to entice the VO here, remember we r all Nigerians o
@StSteven... So u can still justify urself! How i wish that u were arrested and made to take some breeze in jail... Black sheep dat makes others to be polluted. Who is saying anything to entice the VO, so cos we are all Nigerians we should spare u and allow u spoil the good name 'NIGERIA'. Lets call a spade a spade! A thief is a thief, what is bad is bad, irrespective of the surrounding situation. I know u will like to hide under the guise of the Nigerian economy, but that is not a licence to misbehave afterall we've seen successful Nigerians who has never been to other countries yet they made it. I'm a Nigerian, and i'm proud to be...

7 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by DobraDobra: 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=StSteven]
@ all... before u say anytin further to entice the VO here, remember we r all Nigerians

Ststeven pls don't fuel it with ur statements just ask for repentance in ur privacy and ask people hear to pardon u on what u did. A moment of madness does not me d best still can't come to u or come out of u. Pls let us see remorse rather than trying to match words with people

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 7:40am On Sep 18, 2014
StSteven:

Personally I'm extremely eager to hear the full details.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2014
StSteven:

You are everything we don't want here. Yes we are all Nigerians but a better Nigeria is the one without fraudsters like you.

You are banned.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by DobraDobra: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2014
justwise:

You are everything we don't want here. Yes we are all Nigerians but a better Nigeria is the one without fraudsters like you.

You are banned.

Haba justwise temper justice with mercy let us see his next step if dia is true repentance. We all sin against God and he forgives its better we know ststeven as ststeven than to come out in another name. Let him step on toes and peoples nerves again and then take this action. D decision is abosolutely yours

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

To be fair, the beans had little tiny worms in them. (I have stopped shopping at that particular market.)

You should have seen me standing there defiantly eating as much kilishi as I could while the agent went through my other items.

I am rolling on the floor with laughter!!Chei,I can just imagine scenario.Na serious matter.Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 9:30am On Sep 18, 2014
StSteven:

What is this supposed to mean?I don't get ur statement;remember that we are all Nigerians ,meaning its permissible to be corrupt or what?We are supposed to be role models wherever we find ourselves and for me it starts from the home/family.What u just said says a lot about you and your values.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 9:39am On Sep 18, 2014
phatdon4u:
@StSteven... So u can still justify urself! How i wish that u were arrested and made to take some breeze in jail... Black sheep dat makes others to be polluted. Who is saying anything to entice the VO, so cos we are all Nigerians we should spare u and allow u spoil the good name 'NIGERIA'. Lets call a spade a spade! A thief is a thief, what is bad is bad, irrespective of the surrounding situation. I know u will like to hide under the guise of the Nigerian economy, but that is not a licence to misbehave afterall we've seen successful Nigerians who has never been to other countries yet they made it. I'm a Nigerian, and i'm proud to be...

I concur with immediate alacrity!!!Thanks and very well said.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
@justwise, please what happened to the thread, welcome to America, I can't find it or is it no longer available.
justwise: Congratulations to DV 2014 lottery winners.

You can comment/make your inquiries here.

Please i beg you in the name of whichever God you believe in...no dropping of contact details here for private chat,
Lets have the questions,contributions and answers openly here.

'Agents'? you know the drill...stay away

Thank you.

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc/
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
oyidiyaagbayi: @justwise, please what happened to the thread, welcome to America, I can't find it or is it no longer available.

Probably gone when nairaland was attacked couple of months ago
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
DobraDobra:

Haba justwise temper justice with mercy let us see his next step if dia is true repentance. We all sin against God and he forgives its better we know ststeven as ststeven than to come out in another name. Let him step on toes and peoples nerves again and then take this action. D decision is abosolutely yours

He is not any useful here, his action is premeditated and malicious. Let him get another ID and we will see how it pans out
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by BUSATOS: 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
@st.Steven, what I expected you to do was to tender an unreserved apology to the whole house for miss representing our identity at the us consulate and not act as if what happened, was normal.
To every one, lets be mindful that, even Jesus Christ had a betrayer among his discilpes, so am too surprised he turned out to betray us. Well, the consulate has giving him a hard knock, which am sure, he doesnt even no the implication now. As we gradually approach the end of the fiscal year, I must confess that, its been a sweet experience learning from you all. Pls lets all find a means of keeping in touch. Have a good day all.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
StSteven:

Yes...i want to hear it frm you. dat one is frm d VO let hear ur own story!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 6:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Gudevening house , hw preparations hope everythng is moving according to planned? I hv a question to ask. Does someone who has National Diploma Certificate and problably wnts to study Nursing as a proffesion in the States need to get transcript or apply for it be4 travelling ? I wnt to knw if the transcript is necessary for a National Diploma holder and wnts to study Nursing . Ur responses will be highly appreciated, tnx.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tunnath: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakesyd005(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Lol...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Good evening everyone. Been away for sometime busy preparing for our trip. Arrived Dallas safely last night after 15hours trip from Europe (where We were based). Thank God the journey was stress free.
For anyone arriving Dallas/Fort Worth international airport please be prepared to spend about two hours to cross Custom and Border security. We spent three hours in all at the airport. It's a long and lengthy process for the paper works. After we got off the plane we walked to the custom check point and joined the queue for NON US CITIZENS on a visa. The queue was very long. 90% of the people were Asians and South Americans as our flight arrived at the same time with that of Qatar airways. It took about an hour for it to get to our turn. When we got to the custom officer we handed him our passports and sealed envelopes. He asked us if we are immigrating today, we said yes. He asked us to confirm our address where we will be residing which we did. Then he took our digital prints and pictures and then accompanied us to a waiting room where he asked us to wait until we were called.
We waited for about two hours before we were called. Our finger prints were taken again, this time the old fashioned way, by ink. Then we asked to sign a form writing our full names. We waited another 10 mins and then we were called again and handed our passports.
We were totally exhausted. I was even more worried for our luggage. Luckily they were all intact and waiting for us.
Please always check your passports have been stamped when the custom officers hands you your passports. We found out our passports weren't stamped on entry after we picked up our luggage at the last security post.
That's it all for now. Will try to keep up as time goes on.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Cynthia4real: Gudevening house , hw preparations hope everythng is moving according to planned? I hv a question to ask. Does someone who has National Diploma Certificate and problably wnts to study Nursing as a proffesion in the States need to get transcript or apply for it be4 travelling ? I wnt to knw if the transcript is necessary for a National Diploma holder and wnts to study Nursing . Ur responses will be highly appreciated, tnx.

Your transcripts are always necessary no matter what you decide to do (work/study). Especially for professions where you have to register with a board, like nursing or engineering. One of the most used education evaluation service centre is WES. It's best to start the process of evaluating your transcripts in Nigeria if you can before travelling otherwise you can ask someone else to do the running around for you.

http://www.wes.org

I found the following information on their website. I hope it is useful to you and others interested in the same information as well.

Technical and Vocational Higher Education

Higher technical education is provided at technical colleges, polytechnics and colleges of education. Entry to colleges and polytechnics is based on JAMB-administered entrance examinations combined with results from secondary and vocational schools.

The National Diploma is a two-year program and grants access to Higher National Diploma programs.

The Higher National Diploma (HND) is a two-year program that typically requires one year of work experience after the National Diploma, which is required for admission. The HND is not equivalent to a university degree. HND graduates will typically take a one year postgraduate diploma certificate before applying for a master’s degree in any Nigerian university.

Colleges and specialized training institutes offer various certificates and diplomas that may be obtained after one, two or three years. The Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria awards the Diploma of Midwifery after one year of theoretic and clinical postsecondary studies and the Registered Nurse Certificate after three years of postsecondary study. The Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology awards the Associate Diploma of Medical Laboratory Technology and the Fellowship Diploma on a 4+1 basis of postsecondary education.

Educational Advising: The EducationUSA Advising Centers in Abuja and Lagos under the Public Affairs Section of the United States Embassy serve over 65,000 students per year in a wide range of programs designed to strengthen student applications and their readiness for U.S. higher education. We are eager to work with U.S. institutions to help boost Nigerian enrollments within the U.S. system of higher education. Please contact the Educational Advisors, in Abuja and Lagos, and refer your Nigerian applicants to us for any assistance that we can provide. The advising centers host annual College and Career Fairs in October that attract over 3,000 participants. We would like to invite your institution to participate in our fairs. For further information on how to contact the advising centers, please use details below:

Abuja:
Jennifer Onyukwu onyukwuj@state.gov
Folashade Adebayo adebayoso@state.gov
Hamza Dalhatu hamzad@state.gov
Phone: 234-09-461-4000

Lagos:
Ifeanyi Olagbaju olagbajui@state.gov
Margaret Anyigbo anyigbom@state.gov
Phone: 07031502444

The centers would appreciate two copies each of your catalogue, view book, video and CD-ROM, mailed to:

Abuja: Educational Advisor – PAS; Department of State, 8320 Abuja Place
Washington, DC 20521-8320

Lagos: Educational Advisor – PAS; Department of State, 8300 Lagos Place
Washington, DC 20521-8300

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dekonjay:

Your transcripts are always necessary no matter what you decide to do (work/study). Especially for professions where you have to register with a board, like nursing or engineering. One of the most used education evaluation service centre is WES. It's best to start the process of evaluating your transcripts in Nigeria if you can before travelling otherwise you can ask someone else to do the running around for you.

http://www.wes.org

I found the following information on their website. I hope it is useful to you and others interested in the same information as well.

Technical and Vocational Higher Education

Higher technical education is provided at technical colleges, polytechnics and colleges of education. Entry to colleges and polytechnics is based on JAMB-administered entrance examinations combined with results from secondary and vocational schools.

The National Diploma is a two-year program and grants access to Higher National Diploma programs.

The Higher National Diploma (HND) is a two-year program that typically requires one year of work experience after the National Diploma, which is required for admission. The HND is not equivalent to a university degree. HND graduates will typically take a one year postgraduate diploma certificate before applying for a master’s degree in any Nigerian university.

Colleges and specialized training institutes offer various certificates and diplomas that may be obtained after one, two or three years. The Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria awards the Diploma of Midwifery after one year of theoretic and clinical postsecondary studies and the Registered Nurse Certificate after three years of postsecondary study. The Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology awards the Associate Diploma of Medical Laboratory Technology and the Fellowship Diploma on a 4+1 basis of postsecondary education.

Educational Advising: The EducationUSA Advising Centers in Abuja and Lagos under the Public Affairs Section of the United States Embassy serve over 65,000 students per year in a wide range of programs designed to strengthen student applications and their readiness for U.S. higher education. We are eager to work with U.S. institutions to help boost Nigerian enrollments within the U.S. system of higher education. Please contact the Educational Advisors, in Abuja and Lagos, and refer your Nigerian applicants to us for any assistance that we can provide. The advising centers host annual College and Career Fairs in October that attract over 3,000 participants. We would like to invite your institution to participate in our fairs. For further information on how to contact the advising centers, please use details below:

Abuja:
Jennifer Onyukwu onyukwuj@state.gov
Folashade Adebayo adebayoso@state.gov
Hamza Dalhatu hamzad@state.gov
Phone: 234-09-461-4000

Lagos:
Ifeanyi Olagbaju olagbajui@state.gov
Margaret Anyigbo anyigbom@state.gov
Phone: 07031502444

The centers would appreciate two copies each of your catalogue, view book, video and CD-ROM, mailed to:

Abuja: Educational Advisor – PAS; Department of State, 8320 Abuja Place
Washington, DC 20521-8320

Lagos: Educational Advisor – PAS; Department of State, 8300 Lagos Place
Washington, DC 20521-8300

wow , thank u very much madam , i appreciate this and its really of grt help to me ,thank God for ur safe trip.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:19am On Sep 20, 2014
Dekonjay: Good evening everyone. Been away for sometime busy preparing for our trip. Arrived Dallas safely last night after 15hours trip from Europe (where We were based). Thank God the journey was stress free.
For anyone arriving Dallas/Fort Worth international airport please be prepared to spend about two hours to cross Custom and Border security. We spent three hours in all at the airport. It's a long and lengthy process for the paper works. After we got off the plane we walked to the custom check point and joined the queue for NON US CITIZENS on a visa. The queue was very long. 90% of the people were Asians and South Americans as our flight arrived at the same time with that of Qatar airways. It took about an hour for it to get to our turn. When we got to the custom officer we handed him our passports and sealed envelopes. He asked us if we are immigrating today, we said yes. He asked us to confirm our address where we will be residing which we did. Then he took our digital prints and pictures and then accompanied us to a waiting room where he asked us to wait until we were called.
We waited for about two hours before we were called. Our finger prints were taken again, this time the old fashioned way, by ink. Then we asked to sign a form writing our full names. We waited another 10 mins and then we were called again and handed our passports.
We were totally exhausted. I was even more worried for our luggage. Luckily they were all intact and waiting for us.
Please always check your passports have been stamped when the custom officers hands you your passports. We found out our passports weren't stamped on entry after we picked up our luggage at the last security post.

Good one my sister ... I so much appreciate ur info, am heading to same airport, as I will be needing more info from you. thank you my lady for this ...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 1:24am On Sep 20, 2014
Dekonjay: Good evening everyone. Been away for sometime busy preparing for our trip. Arrived Dallas safely last night after 15hours trip from Europe (where We were based). Thank God the journey was stress free.
Love this! It's informing.Weldone lady.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tosinjoe(m): 9:34am On Sep 20, 2014
pls house, any1 in minnesota or who is heading there?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
its soon gonna end...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2014

Thanks for sharing and congrats for safe trip.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
adeniyisavage: its soon gonna end...
Lol, the world, ur problems, our forum or DV which one bro?

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jejelady(f): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2014
you are mostly welcome. We are eager to welcome you to thw nairaland community too. We are fast growing and let us know if u need anytn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.