Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426287 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon: Thank you all for your congratulatory messages.

Its my pleasure already reading a good news , God has started doing it and He will do exceedingly . Congrats

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon: I thank God for his mercies despite me being a sinner.I use to think this was just a forum with threads with people, but now I realize it's more than that, it's an online family... I saw so many people praying for my success and I was touched.My gratitude goes to every member of this thread. My visa was approved today and visa pick up tomorrow at 5pm.Interview sequence will be published shortly.
Wow! M so happy for u bro. Congrats.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon:
Day 1:
8am-at the medical centre Naples I did all the required stuff and vaccination (2 vaccines)
2pm- at the General consulate for digital fingerprints.Went through security checks and then we were ushered in.Getting inside,I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and after 10 minutes "number 5, numero 5" I heard, immediately I stood up and walked to the window. "Passport and interview letter please" she asked ; quickly I submitted them.She looked at the passport and the computer and she talked to her colleague then she turned to me saying "I'm sorry we technically can't take your fingerprints today because we don't have authorization yet from the U.S, tomorrow please come 7:30am and we will do it before your interview."
Day 2: 6:45am I arrived at the General consulate looking at the Mediterranean sea with U.S. soldiers outside patrolling around the consulate looking for the next bin laden; we went through same security protocols and finally in the hall again with 16 persons and I was the only African and the only dv winner so I was the first to be approved in Italy this fiscal year.
I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and it got to my turn I submitted the documents and she asked if I had any document from my university fortunately I was with my student handbook for credits exams and grades registration.She took it and then we did the fingerprints and she gave me an envelope(containing medical results and x-ray in a disc ) coming from the medical centre saying " give this to the officer when you get to the U.S. " .I went further with the payment of the visa fee which was 264 EUR and then I took my sit again.The interview started and it seems pregnant women and families with babies were called first.
finally it got to my turn and I stood up approaching the window I thought I saw Peter crouch because they look similar.I did fingerprints again and then the oath.
Co:Congratulations again for your selection as a winner.
Me:Thank you
Co:I'm going to ask you some couple of questions
Me:Ok
Co:Where were you born?
Me:I was born in Benin city,Edo state,Nigeria.
Co:Benin as in Benin republic?
Me:No Benin as in Benin city.
Co:Ok, how long have you been here in Italy and when did you leave Nigeria?
Me:I have been here for 2years and I left Nigeria 2011 18 August.
Co:Oh great! when were you born?
Me:I was born 7th September 1993
Co:woah you are very young.Tell me where did you school?
Me:I did high school in Nigeria and I'm schooling here in Italy.
Co:When did you finish high school?
Me:2008
Co:Waoh you were like 15 then.
Me:Yes I was 15.
Co:so tell me when do people normally finish high school in Nigeria?
Me:It depends on one's intellectual capabilities and finance. Some may finish at 18 some 15 some 17.I was promoted at some certain point.
Co:I can see that you are among the intellects(looking at my university grades and my waec grades) tell me what was your best subject?
Me:Economics
Co:Fantastic, I can see that's what you are studying at the university. (looking at my university handbook where exam grades are recorded)So when did you get into the university?
Me:September 2012 but it became official in October.
Co:What did you do before you were admitted?
Me:I worked for a vine producing firm.
Co:What year are you in the university?
Me:2year.
Co:Great! now 2year and 1 year left for you to graduate,what are your plans?
Me:I'm working on a transcript.
Co:perfect.Michigan, what's there?
Me:my uncle.
Co:Can you stay with him
Me:Yes
Co:what does he do?
Me:he is a pharmacist.
Me:please can I correct something ?
Co:sure
Me:I wrongly spelt the address of my uncle and there was a wrong date of school on my dsp form.
Co:Ok, I will correct that.(he corrected it and signed close to it)
Co:Ok Mr Ernest I will have to type somethings please wait.
Me:ok
after a minute
Co:Mr Ernest do you have any id from your university other than the handbook for grade recording?
Me:Normally my university don't have id,the official Id is the student handbook for exams,credits and grades registration. but sure I brought alternative.(An Id from the bursary department in my school)
Co:Great let me take a copy please.
Co:Please take a sit I will call you shortly.
Me:ok thank you(smiling)
after 3minutes
Co:ok mr Ernest I want to tell you that your visa has been approved and it will be printed tomorrow so you can go to the address my colleague gave to you at 5pm tomorrow.
Me:thank you.
Taking my leave people congratulating and asking how I won the DV lottery. Alot of people wished to be on my shoes today even when they have their visa and moreover they are visa free as tourist, that's when I realized that God loves me.Thanks once again to all members of this thread, and to those
This is wonderful. Congrats once again.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rauly: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
Congrats to those who had a successfull interview..#Waiting patiently for the next bulletin#..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Seguneji(m): 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
Congrats erenst, we key into ur success story
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 12:42am On Oct 02, 2013
ernestleon: I thank God for his mercies despite me being a sinner.I use to think this was just a forum with threads with people, but now I realize it's more than that, it's an online family... I saw so many people praying for my success and I was touched.My gratitude goes to every member of this thread. My visa was approved today and visa pick up tomorrow at 5pm.Interview sequence will be published shortly.
well i never expected some thing less because i knew the God i know never disappoints. congrat more success stories.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Malcolm28(m): 3:42am On Oct 02, 2013
Congratulations Ernest! This is such a great start to the DV2014 Season. We key in to this success. May we all have smooth interviews like you did.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 5:42am On Oct 02, 2013
Canadidacy:

U are not 'the winner'. I doubt if even you are a winner, So u no hear news sey Naija has been put on hold fo rnow,go apply for ur room
the guy is from ghana, yes u can apply.oct winners coming soon

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 7:22am On Oct 02, 2013
US Govt Officially Shutdown...I hope this will not affect embassies and consulate in diaspora. Esp here in naija #justthinkingtho
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by nicodu: 9:30am On Oct 02, 2013
femishow2005: US Govt Officially Shutdown...I hope this will not affect embassies and consulate in diaspora. Esp here in naija #justthinkingtho

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=9267253

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2013
femishow2005: US Govt Officially Shutdown...I hope this will not affect embassies and consulate in diaspora. Esp here in naija #justthinkingtho

Words from the Visa Officer:
So far all Embassies and Consulates are still open and operational, no changes. I doubt we would ever close an overseas post due to a government shutdown, but if it looks like that might happen, I promise to let you all know!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2013
wow ernestleon what a Coincidence i am born in Benin-City and september 23 1993. but the difference is am not in school yet.(admission stuff ) maybe we can get in touch.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 9:43am On Oct 02, 2013
It does not affect Embassies and Consulate.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2013
Obatide: Pls, forumites who have gone for medical and police certificate, whats your experience like there and cost?
kindly share for others to learn
expecially married people, or what do you people think? moyegun and co

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 11:03am On Oct 02, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Guy you want make I come to condemn 9ja ni? Those are the things I want to be seeing o.

smiley
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 11:21am On Oct 02, 2013
Obatide:
expecially married people, or what do you people think? moyegun and co

Yeah, its a nice idea Obatide, I am also interested in knowing how the process is especialy
for family applicants but looking at the situation I don't think anyone has interview
appointment this week so I guess pple will just be going for their medicals and police
certificate this week or next.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2013
jollyiwin: wow ernestleon what a Coincidence i am born in Benin-City and september 23 1993. but the difference is am not in school yet.(admission stuff ) maybe we can get in touch.
really? don't worry the time will come,I was so worried about getting into the university after 2008 but God so kind I got into uniben 2009, then I left 2011.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Zillionnaire: 11:59am On Oct 02, 2013
Hey guys,jst had my interview in lagos nigeria n my visa was approved.tnk u all for ur support so far.I over prepared accademically but wen I got thr all I was asked was

Co:gud morning sir
Me:gud morning maam
Co:wats ur highest level of education
Me:***
Co:wat school
Co:wat year
Co:wen did u write ur waec
Co:wat do u do nw
Me:****
Co:wow,
She then brought out two white sheets n said ur visa has bn approved,go to *** n pick it up,d other was d green card payment.to God b all d glory.I wish all of u going for ur interview soonest best of lluck,b bold,d visa is urs already dats y its called a lottery so pls smile n b bold.c u in brooklyn newyork

7 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Boomshakar: 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
ernestleon: really? don't worry the time will come,I was so worried about getting into the university after 2008 but God so kind I got into uniben 2009, then I left 2011.
Congratulations to Ernestleon and to all of us in the house in advance. On behalf of you and all of us I give Glory to the Almighty! But I pray nothing will ever breakdown in the hand of anyone one of us any longer in Jesus name.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
This kind God.... Na so He go do am for ALL of US IJMN......Amen! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I key into this same grace for excellent performance!...oya,let's go.....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Zillionnaire: Hey guys,jst had my interview in lagos nigeria n my visa was approved.tnk u all for ur support so far.I over prepared accademically but wen I got thr all I was asked was

She then brought out two white sheets n said ur visa has bn approved,go to *** n pick it up,d other was d green card payment.to God b all d glory.I wish all of u going for ur interview soonest best of lluck,b bold,d visa is urs already dats y its called a lottery so pls smile n b bold.c u in brooklyn newyork
congratulobia
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
Zillionnaire: Hey guys,jst had my interview in lagos nigeria n my visa was approved.tnk u all for ur support so far.I over prepared accademically but wen I got thr all I was asked was

Congrat Brother,
May we all experience smooth and successful interview like yours
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
Congrats

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2013

See GOD in action, congrats. wat was ur medical process like pls?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2013

Congratulations bruv,the Good Lord is doing wonders to all,our fast and prayers is been accepted, thank you Lord for this,please perfect for others too.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Malcolm28(m): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
Congratulations Zillionnaire! This is indeed a great start for us in Nigeria. Looking forward to having a great interview and carting away with the Visa for my whole family. I should be current when they release the next bulleting in the coming week.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yemmy02(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2013

Xup dude congratulation for ur successful interview, am also a 2014 winner scheduled for October 15. did u say u r goin to Brooklyn cuz dat's where am goin also. Ere is facebook username "Odugbesan Yemmy nd my twitter handle Yemmight. lukin forward to hear 4rm U
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2013

Yet another great news! How i wish all interviews can be as precise and straight forward as this. Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2013

Congratulobia bro...We key into your favoured interview experience. We all shall be favour likewise IJN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2013

. Congrats bro. Happy for you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2013

Congrats. It's good to be prepared anyway.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
Daudsmart: . Congrats bro. Happy for you.
@ zillonnaire .Congratulations! Your blessings will not stop at this junction. May God guide us all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.