Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426984 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 11:26am On Oct 01, 2013
kevwe_flex:

You equally omitted 53 years of chasing what?

uninterrupted power supply, good roads and portable water supply, employment opportunities, equity, fairness and justice, security and peaceful coexistence

or maybe just chasing shadows
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by karsah: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2013
pls goodmorning forumites,this question has been borthering me for a while,is the bank statement really neccessary because its not part of the document we should present on the day of interview.i really need some clarification on this ok,pleaseeeee any ideas
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2013
karsah: pls goodmorning forumites,this question has been borthering me for a while,is the bank statement really neccessary because its not part of the document we should present on the day of interview.i really need some clarification on this ok,pleaseeeee any ideas

It's not mandatory, you can go with it if you wish. Also, affidavit of support is not required for Nigerian applicants.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
@Eernest, congrats my brother....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by karsah: 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=westcodes]

Thanks man god richly bless you.waiting patiently on the 15 oct for my 2NL
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by karsah: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
Plse guys pls lets u know the outcome of the interviews today
so that we can also learn from dem pls.i pray GODS favour upon all
awaiting appointment and currently being interviews

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
I thank God for his mercies despite me being a sinner.I use to think this was just a forum with threads with people, but now I realize it's more than that, it's an online family... I saw so many people praying for my success and I was touched.My gratitude goes to every member of this thread. My visa was approved today and visa pick up tomorrow at 5pm.Interview sequence will be published shortly.

7 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by hammerh(f): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon: I thank God for his mercies despite me being a sinner.I use to think this was just a forum with threads with people, but now I realize it's more than that, it's an online family... I saw so many people praying for my success and I was touched.My visa was approved today and visa pick up tomorrow at 5pm.Interview sequence will be published shortly.

Congrats and we thank God
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon: I thank God for his mercies despite me being a sinner.I use to think this was just a forum with threads with people, but now I realize it's more than that, it's an online family... I saw so many people praying for my success and I was touched.My gratitude goes to every member of this thread. My visa was approved today and visa pick up tomorrow at 5pm.Interview sequence will be published shortly.
Glory be to God.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Zeleez: 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
@ ernestleon congratz, am happy 4 u. I pray dat the lord dat hv done it 4 u wil do it 4 me n every order members of d forum amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
@ernestieon congratulations man! You are nĂºmero uno for Africa for 2014 DV FISCAL YEAR....ALL SELECTEES WOULD COME WITH SAME TESTIMONY OF GODS FAITHFULNESS. EVERY BLESSING!

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
Halleluyah!!!!!!!!! Congrats ernestleon.so happy for u bro.our fasting and prayer is working.Thank you lord for what u ve started!! Congrats once again.Go live ur american dream
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hello guyz I have asked this question before and I didn't hear any comment.

Does it mean someone that has finished secondary school is supposed to mark HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA

Please I need your help because I marked HIGH SCHOOL, NO DEGREE while I have SSCE certificate.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by phatzyka: 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
Amen o. None of the DV 2014 will be denied in Jesus Most Powerful name. Amen.

A big Congratulation to the first man to be interviewed. You have broken the Jinx for this session.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Delphne(f): 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon: I thank God for his mercies despite me being a sinner.I use to think this was just a forum with threads with people, but now I realize it's more than that, it's an online family... I saw so many people praying for my success and I was touched.My gratitude goes to every member of this thread. My visa was approved today and visa pick up tomorrow at 5pm.Interview sequence will be published shortly.

Hey @ernestleon congrats...I've been checking this forum every minute just to see your update please include the list if documents you took to the embassy..thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Wellton(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2013

congratulation @ernestleon!.. I key in unto your testimony. God bless the good people of this forum your fasting, prayer and thanksgiving is right before God and the activated favor shall last till the end.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by InfoDemo(m): 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
@ ernestleon.... Congratulations.... Really happy for u oooo , beginning of a new thing in our family..... More testimonies IJN... PLS can you share us ur experience
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Godsspeed: 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
Congratulations bro, HIS mercy endureth forever!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
. Woooooooooooooow! So happy for you, congrats bro. I pray for our outstanding success too in our coming interviews. Congrats once again.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
Pls guys,those of us dat werent selectd during the may selection...pls dnt excitate to lets us knw if you check and u get selectd dis month o pls...cuz we dnt knw d actual date it wil be out
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2013

Great News! Go and live your American dream Bruv.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2013

Congrats bro!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by statesman22(m): 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
congratulations brother
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
Great news broda!!!

God is great!!!

I am so happy for you being the first person to have a successful interview.

So Shall it be in this forum for all of us in Jesus name. Amen.

GO LIVE YOUR AMERICAN DREAM!!!

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
Congratulations bro,all praise is due to Almighty God that make it a success,pray that the same God that did yours will do for others too,first 2014 selectees that is being issued visa,go on and live your AMERICA dream. Congrats once again.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
Congratulations! Man! Go live your US of A dream! I also key into your success testimonies In Jesus name. Amen! Very soon!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
Day 1:
8am-at the medical centre Naples I did all the required stuff and vaccination (2 vaccines)
2pm- at the General consulate for digital fingerprints.Went through security checks and then we were ushered in.Getting inside,I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and after 10 minutes "number 5, numero 5" I heard, immediately I stood up and walked to the window. "Passport and interview letter please" she asked ; quickly I submitted them.She looked at the passport and the computer and she talked to her colleague then she turned to me saying "I'm sorry we technically can't take your fingerprints today because we don't have authorization yet from the U.S, tomorrow please come 7:30am and we will do it before your interview."
Day 2: 6:45am I arrived at the General consulate looking at the Mediterranean sea with U.S. soldiers outside patrolling around the consulate looking for the next bin laden; we went through same security protocols and finally in the hall again with 16 persons and I was the only African and the only dv winner so I was the first to be approved in Italy this fiscal year.
I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and it got to my turn I submitted the documents and she asked if I had any document from my university fortunately I was with my student handbook for credits exams and grades registration.She took it and then we did the fingerprints and she gave me an envelope(containing medical results and x-ray in a disc ) coming from the medical centre saying " give this to the officer when you get to the U.S. " .I went further with the payment of the visa fee which was 264 EUR and then I took my sit again.The interview started and it seems pregnant women and families with babies were called first.
finally it got to my turn and I stood up approaching the window I thought I saw Peter crouch because they look similar.I did fingerprints again and then the oath.
Co:Congratulations again for your selection as a winner.
Me:Thank you
Co:I'm going to ask you some couple of questions
Me:Ok
Co:Where were you born?
Me:I was born in Benin city,Edo state,Nigeria.
Co:Benin as in Benin republic?
Me:No Benin as in Benin city.
Co:Ok, how long have you been here in Italy and when did you leave Nigeria?
Me:I have been here for 2years and I left Nigeria 2011 18 August.
Co:Oh great! when were you born?
Me:I was born 7th September 1993
Co:woah you are very young.Tell me where did you school?
Me:I did high school in Nigeria and I'm schooling here in Italy.
Co:When did you finish high school?
Me:2008
Co:Waoh you were like 15 then.
Me:Yes I was 15.
Co:so tell me when do people normally finish high school in Nigeria?
Me:It depends on one's intellectual capabilities and finance. Some may finish at 18 some 15 some 17.I was promoted at some certain point.
Co:I can see that you are among the intellects(looking at my university grades and my waec grades) tell me what was your best subject?
Me:Economics
Co:Fantastic, I can see that's what you are studying at the university. (looking at my university handbook where exam grades are recorded)So when did you get into the university?
Me:September 2012 but it became official in October.
Co:What did you do before you were admitted?
Me:I worked for a vine producing firm.
Co:What year are you in the university?
Me:2year.
Co:Great! now 2year and 1 year left for you to graduate,what are your plans?
Me:I'm working on a transcript.
Co:perfect.Michigan, what's there?
Me:my uncle.
Co:Can you stay with him
Me:Yes
Co:what does he do?
Me:he is a pharmacist.
Me:please can I correct something ?
Co:sure
Me:I wrongly spelt the address of my uncle and there was a wrong date of school on my dsp form.
Co:Ok, I will correct that.(he corrected it and signed close to it)
Co:Ok Mr Ernest I will have to type somethings please wait.
Me:ok
after a minute
Co:Mr Ernest do you have any id from your university other than the handbook for grade recording?
Me:Normally my university don't have id,the official Id is the student handbook for exams,credits and grades registration. but sure I brought alternative.(An Id from the bursary department in my school)
Co:Great let me take a copy please.
Co:Please take a sit I will call you shortly.
Me:ok thank you(smiling)
after 3minutes
Co:ok mr Ernest I want to tell you that your visa has been approved and it will be printed tomorrow so you can go to the address my colleague gave to you at 5pm tomorrow.
Me:thank you.
Taking my leave people congratulating and asking how I won the DV lottery. Alot of people wished to be on my shoes today even when they have their visa and moreover they are visa free as tourist, that's when I realized that God loves me.Thanks once again to all members of this thread, and to those

6 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
XYZZ: @Eernest, congrats my brother....
Thanks Boss.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
hammerh:

Congrats and we thank God
thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
komakan: Glory be to God.
thank God o.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
Zeleez: @ ernestleon congratz, am happy 4 u. I pray dat the lord dat hv done it 4 u wil do it 4 me n every order members of d forum amen.
amen.thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
Congrats to u @ ernestleon....! See u in AMERICA

Pls Ernestleon, since u are done ; EDUCATION in the DSP-122 form, where it says
HIGH SCHOOL NO DEGREE
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
COLLEGE NO DEGREE
UNIVERSITY DEFREE etc.. So for someone with just SSCE as the Highest level of Education completed which one is APPLICABLE.
Because rumour has it that HIGH SCHOOL NO DEGREE applies to people who dropped out of school and HiGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA applies to people who finished High School applicable to SSCE.. PLs I need ur esteemed clarification... Thank You

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.