Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU (17105 Views)

Asset Declaration: Buhari Can No Longer Pretend To Be Poor – Balarabe Musa / Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari / Shan George Blasts Buhari For Claiming To Be Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sucess001(m): 12:40pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk: The EU should ask their member, Britain, what she did with all the monies earned from Nigerian exports from 1897 to 1960. If that money had been used to develop Nigeria rather than embezzled and used to develop England, Nigeria would have been as fully developed as South Africa at independence, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. So let them start with their own thievery. We are poor today because we are playing catch up, struggling to build things that should have been built 100 years ago.

With due respect, this is the dumbest post i ve seen on Nairaland.

Do you know the state of Nigeria's economy when britain gave us independence? Nigeria was well to do!

Now, the EU is saying what a blind, sane person already knows and here u are spewing argument that reeks like fart.

Even with what we have today, we should be among the richest countries around. thats what the EU is saying.

So try increase your IQ to understand that point rather than behave like a retarted govt apologist.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by tevinsolt: 12:51pm On May 02, 2013
f*uck all of you bringing colonialism into this, f*uck all of you saying Eu is a hypocrite. they are doing what the f*uck you cowards can't do. Nuremberg trials, the Nazi officers were being trialed but the attorneys defending them, said who cares what the NATO thinks, they were following orders laid by their government and culture (gassing Jews). it shut down becos of this. (ROSSIKK do you and your followers see the similarity btw u and those scumbag*s). you say it is okay, it's fine to embezzle public funds, violate basic human rights because f*ucking England colonized us?.....those Nazis were later found guilty and convicted. you know why? because we don't live in a freaking subjective world where you think it's ok when ur fellow human beings suffer in the name of a stupid political organization that we were not born with the concept of (because there are always people that are going to stand up and watch out for others). yes Government was created to look for the people, not the f*ucking way around idiot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Tracetruth: 12:51pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk:
Typical dumbed down response. Is colonialism not blaming you? Why should you not blame them back? Are you afraid of them? Are you their slave? Any problems here, they contributed as much to it as anyone else, and still contribute, through the nefarious acts of their multinationals for instance. Do they get a pass because they are white? Not in MY book. Tell me something. Do you think corruption can thrive in Nigeria for one week without the active collaboration of western powers? Do you think those powers don't know where all the money is and how it got there? I mean, and then these people HOLDING YOUR TRILLIONS come to you and start preaching anti-corruption, and you actually listen to them.... ''yes massa, yes massa. We know you're holding our trillions of dollars, but you still love us and have our best interests at heart. We believe you hate our corruption because it is making you far too rich, and we know you hate too much riches, as shown by your history of invading countries only for the purposes of spreading the good news of Jesus Christ and his kingdom. As for our trillions which you hold? It's all yours! Don't worry about it massa! Afterall stolen money that arrives in your soft white hands is automatically cleansed of all its history, by the special grace of Jesus and your white Pope''.

Gullible idiots.
sorry, the people (missionaries)who brought the gospel of the LORD were not part of the colonial master.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sharqur99: 12:55pm On May 02, 2013
[quote author=Rossikk]The EU should ask their member, Britain, what she did with all the monies earned from Nigerian exports from 1897 to 1960. If that money had been used to develop Nigeria rather than embezzled and used to develop England, Nigeria would have been as fully developed as South Africa at independence, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. So let them start with their own thievery. We are poor today because we are playing catch up, struggling to build things that should have been built 100 years ago.

Dude, did u honorable pleasure of thinking dt the United States was once a colony of Britain? So becos a thief once stole ur money,u decided to waste wateva u make subsequently and put the blame on the thief saying "if I keep it or spend it judiciously, aren't u gonna rob me again?"...
The truth is we re in deep shit and I wonder who is gonna take us out of it coz pple dat re supposed to take action shy away and take religion as a cover whereas we all ignore d saying dat HEAVEN HELPS DOSE WHO HELP DEMSELVES.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by slyk2(m): 12:57pm On May 02, 2013
I wonder what 9ja go be if these forum members are to be leaders.
Ghana was colonized, India was too.
By 1945 Japan and Germany were utterly destroyed via war.
Today Nigerians will be sincerely proud to tell you they bought visas to visit these nations.

Its high time we thought!
Our destiny is our hand.

Poor people make wealth by inteligent and creative use of funds and opportunities, why not we?I wonder what 9ja go be if these forum members are to be leaders.
Today Nigerians will be sincerely proud to tell you they bought visas to visit these nations.

Our destiny is our hand.

Poor people make wealth by inteligent and creative use of funds and opportunities, why not we?

Our destiny is our hand.

Poor people make wealth by inteligent and creative use of funds and opportunities, why not we?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 02, 2013
sucess001:

With due respect, this is the dumbest post i ve seen on Nairaland.

Do you know the state of Nigeria's economy when britain gave us independence? Nigeria was well to do!

Now, the EU is saying what a blind, sane person already knows and here u are spewing argument that reeks like fart.

Even with what we have today, we should be among the richest countries around. thats what the EU is saying.

So try increase your IQ to understand that point rather than behave like a retarted govt apologist.

Nigeria was well to do? Really? Compared to what? Everything is relative my friend. If you consider where we should have been at the time you are talking about, how is that different from where we are now? All the riches, mineral resources and manpower stolen nko? They robbed us blind and you are saying we were well to do, abegi.
Also, we are still among the richest in the world, the only problem is equal distribution. Get that right. Nigeria is rich, it's the populace that is poor
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk: The EU should ask their member, Britain, what she did with all the monies earned from Nigerian exports from 1897 to 1960. If that money had been used to develop Nigeria rather than embezzled and used to develop England, Nigeria would have been as fully developed as South Africa at independence, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. So let them start with their own thievery. We are poor today because we are playing catch up, struggling to build things that should have been built 100 years ago.
So what u are saying is that nigeria has every reason to be poor? And rejoice in it..... U are an interesting creature

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 02, 2013
sly-k:

Our destiny is our hand.

Poor people make wealth by inteligent and creative use of funds and opportunities, why not we?I wonder what 9ja go be if these forum members are to be leaders.

Our destiny is our hand.

Our destiny is our hand.

Poor comparisons my friend. You can't use germany/japan at all and we all know why.
Ghana? Really son? Ghana?
Nigeria may be fooked up but lets be realistic here. Corruption or not, Nigeria is light years ahead of Ghana.
India that you mention may have a higher GDP but they are dealing with the same issues Nigeria has. Corruption in India is as bad as it is in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by alumnidoggz(m): 1:24pm On May 02, 2013
singing femi song

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Duru1(m): 1:31pm On May 02, 2013
Nigeria was configured to serve the encompassing interests of the colonial masters. Rossikk blames the ills of Nigerians on colonialism which gave rise to Nigeria but frowns at the slightest suggestion to deconstruct the colonial contraption called Nigeria to suit and serve the interest of nation states.

It is unfortunate Rossikk thinks he\she can eat his\her cake and have it. Colonial masters always put to use airheads and delusional ants such as Rossikk to set Africa in a perpetual and awkward socio-economic predicament.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by holuphisayor(m): 1:43pm On May 02, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Why is it that your response to any critical appraisal is always bereft of objectivity?

Was Singapore not colonised from 1826 to 1963? Ditto Malaysia - colonised by the Portuguese from 1511 to 1641; by the Dutch - from 1641 to 1824; by the British - from 1824 to 1942; and by the Japanese between 1942 and 1945.
I love ur comment
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sportfeva(m): 1:43pm On May 02, 2013
Adieu Nigeria will be genesis of development because every thing in this nation tribalistic. For instance as an experiment, if we decide to appoint people to post base on merit and the majority are igbos, large number of people, group and tribes can never trust them. Division is the best option as you rule your people base on common ground. Sincerely we don't have this common feeling in this country. Hope some people grab because that's how best I could explain my thought.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by tester989898: 1:44pm On May 02, 2013
This is a good forum to usesmiley thanks for good posts.

sportfeva: Adieu Nigeria will be genesis of development because every thing in this nation tribalistic. For instance as an experiment, if we decide to appoint people to post base on merit and the majority are igbos, large number of people, group and tribes can never trust them. Division is the best option as you rule your people base on common ground. Sincerely we don't have this common feeling in this country. Hope some people grab because that's how best I could explain my thought.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 02, 2013
You..you are an idiioot...you mouth talk faster than you brain can think...
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 02, 2013
modextus: Nigeria has no reason to be poor —EU

European Union on Tuesday identified corruption, impunity and poor resources management as causes of poverty in Nigeria.

At a media parley in Abuja, the EU Ambassador/Head of Delegation, Dr. David MacRae, said Nigeria had no reasons to be poor with all the available resources in the country and a fast growing economy.

He said, “It would have been far better if those resources had been used to deliver basics services like education, health and infrastructure to the people. These are the things needed to be put in place.

“What this country needs are jobs; jobs for the people especially young people. If young people had jobs they won’t be unnecessarily agitated and getting involved in misdeeds. But without work, without just income, and no social safety net in Nigeria, the people will continue to face poverty. Half of the population in this country are below poverty line.”

MacRae said no country with cases of human rights abuse could have a meaningful development.

According to him, the reported killings of innocent civilians in the recent clashes between security forces and Boko Haram and other reported violations by security forces call for concern.

He said, “The fight against terrorism must be conducted within the law rather than outside of it. Anything less is unacceptable. Those responsible for containing the crisis must act with utmost respect for the rule of law, with measures in place to ensure that the innocent and their property are protected.

“If there have been abuses of human rights or abuses of law, those who have done this should be brought to justice. This is obviously the way all civilized nations behave and we regard Nigeria as one of these.”

The EU boss lamented how poor power supply was affecting businesses in the country, adding that, government must tackle impunity for a healthy investment drive.

MacRae said the commission was ready to support Nigeria to strengthen democracy as “it is relatively new to the country.”

He added, “It is not something you can build overnight. The National Assembly has to do its job, it has to be equipped to do its job, it has to understand this role, it has to be trained to exercise its responsibilities.”

Citing the EU Independent observer which described the 2011 election as the best since Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999, MacRae noted that there was still room for improvement.

He said, “We have a situation in Nigeria. Nigeria is regarded as the leader of Africa, as the leading country in this continent, as the largest black population on earth, with the economy which is growing fast, relatively speaking, but regrettably, poverty is not diminishing in the country and jobs are not being created.”

Considering the population of Nigeria, MacRae said, there was little the union could do to help without Nigeria’s government playing its role.

Said he, “Whatever we do without development cooperation programme can’t possibly be adequate to meet the needs of the population of that size. It is Nigeria’s own resources which must be used to build on these. We will do what we can to help especially in area of governance including effective service delivery.”

MacRae bemoaned the high mortality rate in Nigeria describing it as worrisome, saying “more needs to be done”.

He stressed the “need for a radical shifting of resources of this country to address the basic issues for the interest of people.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/africa/nigeria-has-no-reason-to-be-poor-eu/
EU should face their problem and let Nigeria face her problem

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 02, 2013
fados4sure:
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 02, 2013
fados4sure:
I DONT THINK EU WANTS TO FACE YOUR PROBLEM FOR YOU...YOU CAN ENJOY IT....BY YOURSELF..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 1:51pm On May 02, 2013
blink182: because they refused to develop us is the reason we shouldn't develop ourselves? Something is wrong with you.

No, something is wrong with YOU for not seeing JUST HOW FAR WE'VE ''DEVELOPED OURSELVES'' SINCE THE COLONIALISTS WERE KICKED OUT. Totally blind to our achievements which even ensured that your thoughtless self got EDUCATED, whereas statistically, under the British, with their 7% literacy rate, you would have ended up a STARK VILLAGE ILLITERATE had they still been in charge of this country today. Ungrateful dolts.

This was how I heard some goat complaining that he ''has to emigrate to the US'' because of the ''failure'' of the Nigerian govt to turn the country into paradise a few decades after independence. I reminded him that he should be grateful for the EDUCATION he received under indigenous rule, which even affords him the knowledge, education, exposure to attempt flying to the States to settle. The investment in mass education by the same post-colonial govts you endlessly scorn is responsible for even your present intellectual ability to scorn them. Your ability to ''check out'' of the country to live in South Africa, US, UK, Canada, Germany. Our grandparents under British rule had no such choice, confined to their villages as illiterate, hut-dwelling peasant farmers, hunters, palm-wine tappers, tailors, and carpenters.

At independence, most Nigerians walked around barefoot, dressed in rags. Infant mortality rate was at 259 per 1000. (A figure that has fallen steadily since independence. Today, it's 83 per 1000). 93% illiterate. Figure down to 23% today under indigenous rule.

Don't even get me started on infrastructure. My village had no road leading to it before independence. We used a wooden bridge to walk across a stream to reach it by footpath. 63 years after British rule. It was not until after independence that roads were built connecting all the villages in our region.

We had not a single dual carriage way in the country at independence. Today you rant over 'bad roads'. What about NO ROADS AT ALL and NO CARS EXCEPT FOR THE TINY PERCENTAGE OF RICH as was the case before independence?

Lights gone out again? Awww poor you. ''Ordinary light'' this stupi.d govt can't provide. Imagine!'. But do you realize 95% of Nigerians hadn't seen a light bulb by 1960, at a time when electricity was common place the world over? The British did not build a national grid or any power plants in the country in their 63 years in power. They imported huge industrial generators to power affluent parts of some cities) Even if you knew what a generator was (most didn't, being illiterate), and could afford it, there was no wiring in 95% of households, so it would have been quite useless owning one.

Yet here you are today, DEMANDING that you should have all of these things first class, immediately. No development phase, no trial and error, no societal turmoil, everything just PERFECT. But are YOU YOURSELF perfect? Are your 'corrupt leaders' not from yourselves? Did they jump from the sky? Fingerpointers. You are personally clean yes? Ok, did you do undergo driving lessons and a test AS STIPULATED BY THE LAW, before obtaining your licence (assuming you have one)?

NEED I ASK?

Oh.. so it is when you attain political power you will suddenly by magic become honest like 'Jesus'?

Who do you think you're fooling?

Fact is, despite our foibles, our corruption, our ethnicism, and other flaws, WE HAVE MADE PROGRESS AS A NATION in the post-independence period, and will continue doing so. Why? Because on the flip side of that list of flaws, we are dynamic, ambitious, resilient, entrepreneural, innovative, and intelligent. We have most certainly not ''failed''. And we WILL keep moving forward. Those miserable elements who wish to do nothing but hate themselves, their nation, their colour, and point fingers all day, all night, can kindly step aside, or better yet, take a hike.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by gudugudumeje: 2:10pm On May 02, 2013
Western Europe & North America (WENA) powers together in EU have contrived to compound Nigeria's problems in several many ways since 1959 December elections, to date. These have included complicity in the death of Gen, Murtala Mohammed whom Britain and USA considered to be much of a nationalist and had to be cut off..... Similar cases exist in Congo since 1960, and many South American countries...[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I DONT THINK EU WANTS TO FACE YOUR PROBLEM FOR YOU...YOU CAN ENJOY IT....BY YOURSELF..
You are the one in problem because you are in Nigeria am not in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by thelastPope(m): 2:22pm On May 02, 2013
[size=14pt]This is a funny thread.

The guy in custody of your stolen money is accusing you of stealing?

Why not return the freaking money? huh![/size]

grin grin grin grin grin

#brothersincrime

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 02, 2013
Ok
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by topmostg: 2:25pm On May 02, 2013
Now, this is getting interesting#

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by gudugudumeje: 2:27pm On May 02, 2013
Western Europe & North America powers have contrived to undermine Nigeria since Dec. 1959 elections.

This one of the several many other ways including the cutting-off of Murtala Mohammed who Western Europe & North America powers co0nsider to be too much of a nationalist. Similar cases exist in wars-thriving Congo since 1960, South American countries, etc.

See the listings below to convince readers the more of the double standard EU, et al play:

[b]EU / AMERICANS AS TERRORS of the World
[/color]
• Billyonaire: Who buys the stolen oil from Illegal bunkerers ? Americans
Who provide ammunition in the black market to start little wars and militia ? Americans
Who lobbies for security contracts to quell these little wars ? Americans
Who 'manufactured' HIV as a depopulation tool ? Americans
Who produces ARV drugs to solve the HIV problems ? Americans
Who controls the condom market ? Americans
Who controls PC market ? Americans
Who controls OS market ? Americans
Who coded virus to destroy OS ? Americans?
Who manufactures Anti-Virus to quarantine virus ? Americans
Who stage terrorism for corrupt military budgeting and corruption ? Americans?
Who trained Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who killed Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who empowered Saddam Hussein ? Americans
Who engineered the killing of Hussein ? Americans
Who is responsible for terrorism in the World ? Americans
Who is most corrupt ? Americans

I love Americans, I wanna be like Americans, just invent a problem, and invent the solution and the entire world will depend on you.

[/b][color=#990000]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Sangarara: 2:28pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk: It is not being colonised that is the issue. The issue is what did the colonialists DO in the respective nations they colonised? In SOME countries they built infrastructure, schools, and created functional institutions which went on to serve those nations after independence. In OTHERS, especially the BLACK nations, all they did was loot, loot, loot and loot. In Nigeria, despite exporting hundreds of billions in today's money worth of resources from 1897 to 1960 they only built ONE university college, not even a full fledged uni. In 63 years of rule. As for roads, power etc, they did virtually nothing. In 1960, after 63 years of British rule, we generated 270 megawatts of electricity. 95 percent of Nigerians had no access to electricity. There was no national grid. Rail. Oh they built a line from Kano to the southern ports for ONE reason, ie to evacuate our resources. At independence, we were just a bush. Today we have advanced a lot and are still advancing, thanks to African rule. The EU can take their 'concern' for our 'plight' and stick it up their round holes.

Can you also comment on the likelihood that, even if it miraculously happen that an African country colonize any country in the world the possibility of that country (colonizer) to make any good for itself are yet dim??
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 2:29pm On May 02, 2013
thelastPope: [size=14pt]This is a funny thread.

The guy in custody of your stolen money is accusing you of stealing?

Why not return the freaking money? huh![/size]

grin grin grin grin grin

#brothersincrime

My brother do you know I'm beginning to suspect that some ancient deity blinded Africans in some way, perhaps as payback for rejecting him? I mean, how these people can sit here and tell me it's ok for the EU or US to complain about corruption in Nigeria, even as they sit on trillions of our money including the one stolen by they themselves, and yet we take them seriously when they pontificate, is beyond me.

I mean, imagine say Zenith bank was known to hold all the accounts of all armed robbers who ever lived in Nigeria. Then one day the Zenith bank chairman visits Nigerian police headquarters, Abuja to donate a few weapons, vehicles and communication gadgets to the police, followed by a press conference condemning armed robbery in the country, what would be your first reaction to Zenith bank's actions?

But for some reason, where the west is the 'Zenith bank' they get a free pass. No one asks them anything. It's really absurd. Are we under a spell?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by modextus(m): 2:44pm On May 02, 2013
lipsrsealed Λ child still crawling @52..is probably an slowpoke
globalaid: @rossikk, are you for real. still blaming colonialism at this stage of our independence, a child that is still crawling at the age of 52 has something wrong with him. I know you know the solution to our problem you are just being economical with the truth
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 2:46pm On May 02, 2013
Tracetruth: sorry, the people (missionaries)who brought the gospel of the LORD were not part of the colonial master.

OH YES THEY WERE. In fact when the colonialists were mapping out which part of Africa to conquer next, they placed little miniature churches along their intended paths of conquest on the maps.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by gameboy727(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2013
1. BOKO HARAM.
2. BAD POLITICIANS
3. USELESS GOVERNMENT, and many more.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sucess001(m): 2:51pm On May 02, 2013
A-town:

Nigeria was well to do? Really? Compared to what? Everything is relative my friend. If you consider where we should have been at the time you are talking about, how is that different from where we are now? All the riches, mineral resources and manpower stolen nko? They robbed us blind and you are saying we were well to do, abegi.
Also, we are still among the richest in the world, the only problem is equal distribution. Get that right. Nigeria is rich, it's the populace that is poor

Around the 60s, the nigerian currency fared better than the british currency. its a pointer.

Have you not also heard your parents saying things like life used to be very good back in the days?

The reason Nigeria keeps getting bad is cos of comments like yours. This is becos no matter the evil done by the president, some people will find a reason, albeit wierd and illogical, to defend his govt's actions.

No wonder it is said that a country usually gets a president it deserves.

Shameful situation!
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 2:52pm On May 02, 2013
Λ child still crawling @52..is probably an slowpoke
globalaid: @rossikk, are you for real. still blaming colonialism at this stage of our independence, a child that is still crawling at the age of 52 has something wrong with him. I know you know the solution to our problem you are just being economical with the truth

modextus: lipsrsealed Λ child still crawling @52..is probably an slowpoke

Typical response from slaves. Whites can sit on your trillions and moan about your corruption and you say yessa yessa. You are a slave, who uses the ''don't blame whites, don't blame colonialism'' garbage line to cover up your slavery.

No one here blames colonialism UNLESS colonialism tries to blame us. As the EU is doing. Then we remind them of THEIR ROLE. They have NO RIGHT to keep our trillions and then complain about corruption. Your skull is apparently too thick to understand that simple, basic point.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 3:01pm On May 02, 2013
sucess001:

Around the 60s, the nigerian currency fared better than the british currency. its a pointer.

Of what use was currency strength when 95% of the country were illiterates?

Have you not also heard your parents saying things like life used to be very good back in the days?

Nostalgia for the peace wrought by poverty and deprivation.

How wouldn't the old days be 'better' when all they did was sit outside their huts eating palm kernels and drinking palmi?

There was no crime, since no one owned anything worth stealing. Very few had seen electricity, so there was no anger over 'power cuts'. You can't miss what you don't know. A bicycle was the sign of wealth in those ''good old days''. A man who could mount his bicycle and ride from his village to the next was a 'big boy'. Just ask your grandparents. They will confirm. Today you can hustle for a few months and buy an airconditioned JEEP CASH, Ipad, Blackberry in tow. Yet you call the country ''a failure''. The leaders ''failed leaders''.

I really wish someone could catapault some of you back to those ''good old days''.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment / Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers / Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.