Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU (17112 Views)

Asset Declaration: Buhari Can No Longer Pretend To Be Poor – Balarabe Musa / Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari / Shan George Blasts Buhari For Claiming To Be Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 5:08pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

Did the European banks put a gun to your leaders head to steal your country's wealth and bring to them?

Yawwnnnnn. We all know what happened to our real leaders - the post-independence progressive heroes like Lumumba, Zik, Awo, Murtala Muhammed, Kaunda, Sankara, Nkrumah, Nyerere, Kenyatta and others. Men who were determined to make Africa hit the ground running. All were either assassinated or sabotaged by western imperial intelligence agencies and their local collaborators. The result? Their successors were less altruistic, less scrupulous, less progressive, and more prone to compromise and corruption. Gaddafi tried to keep the faith via strong head. He ended up being gang-rap.ed to death by western-supported soldiers for failing to sell his country to them.

So it is PERFECTLY UNDERSTANDABLE why the moral standards of the present crop of African leaders appear less than those of their predecessors.

Nevertheless, progress is still being made across the continent even by these leaders.

If a bank suspect your source of money, they can only report it to their authorities. And for a European authority to act, they need evidence that that particular person committed a crime in their land. Just like Ibori that your leaders acquit of all crimes and Alamieyeseigha that was recently pardoned.

If a crime was not committed in the EU country, it is only Nigeria that has the right to investigate such a crime. And if there is the crime, the bank has every right to allow them save their money there.

Keep making EXCUSES for why the west is holding on to your TRILLIONS by talking RUBBISH about ''banks''. Who imbued the banks with such laws that so conveniently aid and abet international theft and corruption?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:10pm On May 02, 2013
sucess001:

And your brain cant see the facts in my argument ba?

I see you both are unrepentantly dumb! Do you know how many Nigerians have relocated to Ghana?

So am trying to understand how Nigeria's problem is caused by the EU as you both are tryin to mke us believe.

I cant tell you to return your certificate...

cos i doubt if you have any!

Nigerians have relocated to every country in the world, many of which aren't as good as Nigeria, like Cameroon, Ghana, Benin, Philippines, Thailand...

Ghana can't even be compared with tiny Lagos State, talkless of Federated Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by jess5(f): 5:11pm On May 02, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Who is to say that Britain, US, and EU aren't encouraging Nigerian leaders to launder their money in the West? Maybe criticising our corruption is just a guise. It's in their interest that Nigerians are corrupt and that corrupted money goes to their countries. Do you think corrupted governors and ministers are clients of Nigerian bankers? NO! They use oyibo bankers from London, New York, and Zurich. They've stolen from us before openly, now they're stealing from us and we don't even know! Our government is just their puppet!

Why is your government that can only be used as puppets to destroy its own people? When is your own government going to use the EU/American leaders as puppets? When? Several Asian and American countries that were colonised just like Nigeria have developed so much.

Look at South Africa that went through apartheid until 2 decades ago. And Nigeria makes much more money than most of these countries.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by livethinme: 5:12pm On May 02, 2013
DJDOLA: D problem we hav in dis fuckin country is dat we are too religious...we are more concern about our pastors and imam...we don't care about fightin for we right..2 much bealive in religion as turn us 2 foool..we keep quiet in everythin thinkin God will come down and fight for us because we worship him all day...a nonenetity we just come and steal our money and he will be pardon instead of us 2 protest over it.. we prefer 2 pray over it

YES YES YES YES YES!

But sadly, for many people this topic is taboo to bring up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:13pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

Several Asian and American countries that were colonised just like Nigeria have developed so much.

Which ones? The only ones are those that the whites left behind and form the majority or are still in power. Remember China and Japan were never colonised. India and Pakistan were colonised, and they are still dirt-poor, much poorer than Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:14pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

Why is your government that can only be used as puppets to destroy its own people? When is your own government going to use the EU/American leaders as puppets? When?

When they colonised us and they had guns and science (which was from black Egypt) and we had spears and juju, they subjugated us easily and never gave us the chance to stand up.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:15pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

Look at South Africa that went through apartheid until 2 decades ago. And Nigeria makes much more money than most of these countries.

Many black South Africans (except the rich elite), say that life was better under apartheid! After apartheid, the European and American control of the country only deepened! The economic elites of black South Africa are but their stooges!
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sucess001(m): 5:17pm On May 02, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Nigerians have relocated to every country in the world, many of which aren't as good as Nigeria, like Cameroon, Ghana, Benin, Philippines, Thailand...

Ghana can't even be compared with tiny Lagos State, talkless of Federated Republic of Nigeria.

fool.s
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 02, 2013
sucess001:

And your brain cant see the facts in my argument ba?

I see you both are unrepentantly dumb! Do you know how many Nigerians have relocated to Ghana?

So am trying to understand how Nigeria's problem is caused by the EU as you both are tryin to mke us believe.

I cant tell you to return your certificate...

cos i doubt if you have any!

Ol boy, just give up already. Nigerians relocating to Ghana means their economy is better than ours? Really? Seriously? See why we should stop blaming GEJ and all the others? Imagine if you were the president of this country with this your kind kind ideology. What is Ghana's GDP and what is Naijas GDP. Lets start from there. Maybe i can help your uninformed situation a little bit. Hint...naijas economy is second to SA and will supposedly surpass it in a few years
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2013
sucess001:
fool.s

I'm a fool for telling the truth? If Ghana wants a brighter future, it should petition to Abuja to join as the 37th state of the Federated Republic of Nigeria. But it's not very likely to succeed, Nigeria would be wary of accepting such a poor state into the federation.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 5:21pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

South Africa is developed because the colonial govt that ran the place used the nation's proceeds from gold exports to develop the country over a 200 year period. South Africa's first modern universities were built in the 1820s, and by 1900 they had about 10 - 15 universities. So they built an educated class that powered the nation's industrialisation. The govt did all that because they had a white settler population there. If it had been an all-black nation like Nigeria, the colonialists would have looted all the funds and SA would have been like DR Congo today.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by gudugudumeje: 5:22pm On May 02, 2013
[b]Western Europe & North America powers have contrived to undermine Nigeria since Dec. 1959 elections.

This one of the several many other ways including the cutting-off of Murtala Mohammed who Western Europe & North America powers co0nsider to be too much of a nationalist. Similar cases exist in wars-thriving Congo since 1960, South American countries, etc.

See the listings below to convince readers the more of the double standard EU, et al play:

[b]EU / AMERICANS AS TERRORS of the World
• [/color]
• Billyonaire: Who buys the stolen oil from Illegal bunkerers ? Americans
Who provide ammunition in the black market to start little wars and militia ? Americans
Who lobbies for security contracts to quell these little wars ? Americans
Who 'manufactured' HIV as a depopulation tool ? Americans
Who produces ARV drugs to solve the HIV problems ? Americans
Who controls the condom market ? Americans
Who controls PC market ? Americans
Who controls OS market ? Americans
Who coded virus to destroy OS ? Americans?
Who manufactures Anti-Virus to quarantine virus ? Americans
Who stage terrorism for corrupt military budgeting and corruption ? Americans?
Who trained Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who killed Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who empowered Saddam Hussein ? Americans
Who engineered the killing of Hussein ? Americans
Who is responsible for terrorism in the World ? Americans
Who is most corrupt ? Americans

I love Americans, I wanna be like Americans, just invent a problem, and invent the solution and the entire world will depend on you.

[/b][color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:25pm On May 02, 2013
gudugudumeje: [b]Western Europe & North America powers have contrived to undermine Nigeria since Dec. 1959 elections.

This one of the several many other ways including the cutting-off of Murtala Mohammed who Western Europe & North America powers co0nsider to be too much of a nationalist. Similar cases exist in wars-thriving Congo since 1960, South American countries, etc.

See the listings below to convince readers the more of the double standard EU, et al play:

[b]EU / AMERICANS AS TERRORS of the World
• [/color]
• Billyonaire: Who buys the stolen oil from Illegal bunkerers ? Americans
Who provide ammunition in the black market to start little wars and militia ? Americans
Who lobbies for security contracts to quell these little wars ? Americans
Who 'manufactured' HIV as a depopulation tool ? Americans
Who produces ARV drugs to solve the HIV problems ? Americans
Who controls the condom market ? Americans
Who controls PC market ? Americans
Who controls OS market ? Americans
Who coded virus to destroy OS ? Americans?
Who manufactures Anti-Virus to quarantine virus ? Americans
Who stage terrorism for corrupt military budgeting and corruption ? Americans?
Who trained Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who killed Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who empowered Saddam Hussein ? Americans
Who engineered the killing of Hussein ? Americans
Who is responsible for terrorism in the World ? Americans
Who is most corrupt ? Americans

I love Americans, I wanna be like Americans, just invent a problem, and invent the solution and the entire world will depend on you.

[/b][color=#990000][/color]

That's why they can't stand China and Russia, who are succeeding despite not toeing their line.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by ayox2003: 5:28pm On May 02, 2013
These problems started in the colonial era but our leaders and the people multiplied it.

Okay, the white man took away our culture. Culturally, in Afrika, communal love used to be rife. Your neighbour automatically becomes your friend. Although there were wars but people in small communities had deep love and respect for each other. They rebuked out of love and helped each other in times of need. Farmers formed groups where they worked on each-other's farm to harvest crops and so on. Not so long ago, some folks were sent to school by a chief or an uncle who made it his responsibility to educate and help his siblings and some youths in the community. Immediately the colonial masters came, they came with the slogan "Pull up your socks, nobody owes you anything". The individualistic culture of the West permeated peoples mind. It broke the unity and poisoned the minds of africans. Right now, a politician who was voted to serve/represent a community thinks only about his family. Politicians don't feel they owe their community anything. Its me, myself and my family. No wonder its come chop your own and comot. People don't care about their society anymore. The colonial masters that injected this attitude still feel much more responsible towards their society but the african man has taken it to the extreme. Trust africans, they take things to the extreme, losing their culture and identity.

I dont have time to say more but EU should shut-up! I'm not fan of failed leaders including GEJ neither am I in support of corruption.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by jess5(f): 5:32pm On May 02, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Which ones? The only ones are those that the whites left behind and form the majority or are still in power. Remember China and Japan were never colonised. India and Pakistan were colonised, and they are still dirt-poor, much poorer than Nigeria.

Singapore got independence in 1965 and it is even more developed than many western countries. (Nigeria got independence before them)

According to the British colonial records, Ghana and Malaysia were on an economic par in 1950s. Today, you know the difference between both countries. (And even Ghana that was poor in the 80's is now ahead of Nigeria. You can keep on denying that fact, but it is the fact.)
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by GHSwagg: 5:34pm On May 02, 2013
onitshaigbo:

I'm a fool for telling the truth? If Ghana wants a brighter future, it should petition to Abuja to join as the 37th state of the Federated Republic of Nigeria. But it's not very likely to succeed, Nigeria would be wary of accepting such a poor state into the federation

@ bolded

ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Can't believe you just said that grin cheesy But if that makes you sleep better at night, then sweet dreams! grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:39pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

Singapore got independence in 1965 and it is even more developed than many western countries. (Nigeria got independence before them)

According to the British colonial records, Ghana and Malaysia were on an economic par in 1950s. Today, you know the difference between both countries. (And even Ghana that was poor in the 80's is now ahead of Nigeria. You can keep on denying that fact, but it is the fact.)

In one of my previous post on this thread, I said that we can't include Singapore or Malaysia because they are still economically dominated by the Chinese, who are not indigenous to that land. In fact, in Singapore, 70% of the population is Chinese. So the native population was largely displaced, as in the case in North America and Australia.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:42pm On May 02, 2013
GH Swagg:
ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Can't believe you just said that grin cheesy But if that makes you sleep better at night, then sweet dreams! grin grin grin cheesy

I know some Ghanaians have this delusion that their country is somehow better than Nigeria, but the sooner you realise that it's a delusion with no basis in reality, the better.

Just wait, in the future, you Ghanaians would be begging to join Nigeria, but you have to wait for your turn behind Niger, Benin, Chad, Cameroon, and Togo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:
(And even Ghana that was poor in the 80's is now ahead of Nigeria. You can keep on denying that fact, but it is the fact.)

Ghana has a larger population than Lagos, but Lagos has a bigger economy. So how is it ahead of our country? Please.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 5:44pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

According to the British colonial records, Ghana and Malaysia were on an economic par in 1950s. Today, you know the difference between both countries.

You need to go and STUDY the development of nations on a case by case basis. You have a LOT to learn.

Singapore and Malaysia were nations that received MASSIVE western investment and free access to western markets as part of a deliberate post-World War 2 policy of the victorious allies to checkmate the spread of communism in Asia through the building of powerful capitalist outposts like South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and other Asian 'tiger economies'. Those economies were WESTERN inventions and those places would have remained the unremarkable backwaters they were, without that deliberate western policy set in motion in the 1950s after the war. Why do you think South Korea is so different from North Korea? Do you realise they used to be one country? Today the north is backward with a starving population led by communists while the south is a first world capitalist outpost. Do you think that happened by accident? Or you think the South Koreans are 'smarter' than the northerners? Think again. There are serious geopolitical issues that undergird much of what we see today in the world. It's not about peddling simplistic answers.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by GHSwagg: 5:49pm On May 02, 2013
onitshaigbo:

I know some Ghanaians have this delusion that their country is somehow better than Nigeria, but the sooner you realise that it's a delusion with no basis in reality, the better.

Just wait, in the future, you Ghanaians would be begging to join Nigeria, but you have to wait for your turn behind Niger, Benin, Chad, Cameroon, and Togo.

Only in your dreams! From the look of things, it looks like Naija will rather be seeking that favor from Ghana, sooner than later grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:50pm On May 02, 2013
GH Swagg:

Only in your dreams! From the look of things, it looks like Naija will rather be seeking that favor from Ghana, sooner than later grin grin grin cheesy

How can an ant possibly swallow a lion?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by AjanleKoko: 5:56pm On May 02, 2013
GH Swagg:

Even Badagry can't seek such from Ghana.

I have a British friend who deals with Ghanaians on a regular basis. He refers to Ghana as a 'small and paranoid country'. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 6:00pm On May 02, 2013
ayox2003: These problems started in the colonial era but our leaders and the people multiplied it.

Okay, the white man took away our culture. Culturally, in Afrika, communal love used to be rife. Your neighbour automatically becomes your friend. Although there were wars but people in small communities had deep love and respect for each other. They rebuked out of love and helped each other in times of need. Farmers formed groups where they worked on each-other's farm to harvest crops and so on. Not so long ago, some folks were sent to school by a chief or an uncle who made it his responsibility to educate and help his siblings and some youths in the community. Immediately the colonial masters came, they came with the slogan "Pull up your socks, nobody owes you anything". The individualistic culture of the West permeated peoples mind. It broke the unity and poisoned the minds of africans. Right now, a politician who was voted to serve/represent a community thinks only about his family. Politicians don't feel they owe their community anything. Its me, myself and my family. No wonder its come chop your own and comot. People don't care about their society anymore. The colonial masters that injected this attitude still feel much more responsible towards their society but the african man has taken it to the extreme. Trust africans, they take things to the extreme, losing their culture and identity.

I dont have time to say more but EU should shut-up! I'm not fan failed leaders including GEJ neither am I in support of corruption.

Frawzey

The most destructive things oyibos did to Africans was poisoning our minds. It doesn't get more evil than this.

In North America, the Native Americans (American Indians) were also destroyed mentally and spiritually, they suffer from alcoholism, drug abuse, domestic violence at an astronomical rate compared with whites.

We can only look to God for justice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by GHSwagg: 6:01pm On May 02, 2013
onitshaigbo:

How can an ant possibly swallow a lion?

It's more than possible. In this case the ant is David and the lion is Goliath. Its not about size, it's about being strategic. Try Ghanaian rule to save you from all your problems cheesy
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Inik(m): 6:03pm On May 02, 2013
Nigeria truely has no business being poor! The country has enormous resources and is super wealthy but the wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few elites with nothing trickling down to the poor masses.

The military regimes really bastardized this country. They stole trillions and stashed the loots overseas, they destroyed government institutions, institutionalized corruption, introduced tribalism and nepotism. They celebrated mediocrity, crooks were appointed to head sensitive positions. If we had leaders who had the welfare of the country at heart, Nigeria will have been a far better place than it is now.

Goodluck Jonathan is doing his best to move Nigeria in the right path to greatness. My only concern is that he is not doing much in fighting corruption. However it is not possible to reverse all the ills of the past in four years. Slowly and surely we will get there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by GHSwagg: 6:03pm On May 02, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Even Badagry can't seek such from Ghana.

I have a British friend who deals with Ghanaians on a regular basis. He refers to Ghana as a 'small and paranoid country'. grin

Get lost!!! I'm out grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 6:05pm On May 02, 2013
GH Swagg:

It's more than possible. In this case the ant is David and the lion is Goliath. Its not about size, it's about being strategic. Try Ghanaian rule to save you from all your problems cheesy

Accra can't even rule Kumasi and Tamale, talkless of a different country.

You guys had one good leader, Nkrumah, who was willing to stand up to the whites and who had a vision to unite Africa and build industry. But you guys were too shortsighted and deposed him. You'll regret it.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 6:19pm On May 02, 2013
ayox2003: These problems started in the colonial era but our leaders and the people multiplied it.

I dont have time to say more but EU should shut-up! I'm not fan failed leaders including GEJ neither am I in support of corruption.

Frawzey

You make fine points, But I tend to see it a bit different. What I think has happened is that each African is essentially two persons rolled into one. Or more accurately one person operating in two worlds, at once concurrently and simultaneously. The first world is the traditional African world in which he would never steal a goat or hen in his village or clan, no matter how hungry he was, and would never dream of looting funds in his Lagos-based village association.

The second world is the imported world of western type schools, bureaucracy, local and state govts, federal govt, labour associations, police, lecturers, ie the world we inhabit on a macro-level. THIS world to the African is easily compromisable compared to the first. This second world is not regarded as sacred. It is seen almost as a violation. An inconvenient imposition. Something to be taken advantage of, even abused, if benefits accrue from so doing. It is almost as if the African is subconsciously rejecting the instruments of his subjugation. Like a stomach rejecting foreign foods, leading to diarrhea.

I think we need a way of indigenising something about the way we do things at the macro level, especially in officialdom, and give it more grassroots credibility by linking it somehow to our traditions and cultural heritage. In Botswana they have a House of Chiefs which must be consulted in all matters pertaining to the population. Botswana - not by accident - is also the least corrupt nation in Africa and among the top economic performers. It is this sort of marriage between indigenous and modern structures that could see us make a real breakthrough in curbing many societal vices, I reckon. We have to reconnect with who we are as Africans, on a macro-level. Link the macro with the micro. So that when you steal at macro level, it brings shame to the micro level, ie your village. Today there is a disconnect between the two paradigms. That must change or you can forget about ending corruption and other vices.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by ibe9ja: 6:21pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk: The EU should ask their member, Britain, what she did with all the monies earned from Nigerian exports from 1897 to 1960. If that money had been used to develop Nigeria rather than embezzled and used to develop England, Nigeria would have been as fully developed as South Africa at independence, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. So let them start with their own thievery. We are poor today because we are playing catch up, struggling to build things that should have been built 100 years ago.

Rossikk You Are A Very Big Fool!
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by hrhobi1(m): 6:51pm On May 02, 2013
@Rossick. I want to meet with you, How can I see u ? , I will beat u dead.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Walexybobo(m): 6:58pm On May 02, 2013
Not until the present rulling party is ejected from the helm of national affair of this coutry...ah tell ya 9ja will remain poor even we shall still have to say the same old fucking story '' 9ja is developing''. Was that suppose to b so?! Our main problem is our national leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Benue Plans Another Mass Burial For Victims Of Herdsmen Killings On Friday / Court Orders Arrest Of Lamorde EFCC Boss / Buhari Didn’t Use Public Funds For Presidential Campaign, Stop Calling For Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.