Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:29 AM

Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU (17271 Views)

Asset Declaration: Buhari Can No Longer Pretend To Be Poor – Balarabe Musa / Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari / Shan George Blasts Buhari For Claiming To Be Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Aksally(m): 3:06pm On May 02, 2013
The right words should be '' Nigerians don't have any reason to be poor". Nigeria as a country is super rich.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Costa2000(m): 3:08pm On May 02, 2013
A-town:

Guy, 3000 Gbosa for you juh. You get sense.
The EU and whoever should stfu in my opinion. Corruption and whatnot can not thrive without their help. All the people looting Nigeria dry have most of the stolen "gbemu" in EU/Western banks.
You are 100% right,they have to return all the stolen money in their Banks,let's call a spade a spade.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by deletrue: 3:09pm On May 02, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Why is it that your response to any critical appraisal is always bereft of objectivity?

Was Singapore not colonised from 1826 to 1963? Ditto Malaysia - colonised by the Portuguese from 1511 to 1641; by the Dutch - from 1641 to 1824; by the British - from 1824 to 1942; and by the Japanese between 1942 and 1945.
It is people like you who because of hate, arising from not offered political appointment etc will not reasons considerably before jumping and responding to any issue not in favour of jona. Is this issue merely about colonisation? What did our colonial master do for us. They left with our wealth and are still colaborated with those past leaders like ibb, Obasanjo, Atuku in retaining those stolen many. How have they help us in returning these stolen wealth. To people like you, provided jona's name or his leadership is mentioned, your incomplete nuts in your brain will automatical waive one sided thereby prompting you to talk from both sides of your mouth. Reason next time before commenting.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 02, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Why is it that your response to any critical appraisal is always bereft of objectivity?

Was Singapore not colonised from 1826 to 1963? Ditto Malaysia - colonised by the Portuguese from 1511 to 1641; by the Dutch - from 1641 to 1824; by the British - from 1824 to 1942; and by the Japanese between 1942 and 1945.
Don't mind that a$$ who keep blaming the past and seat on his a$$ doing nothing.We should learn to Let bygone be bygone and face reality to develop the nation than going about how the country was molested by Europeans.

What our leaders(for being our own) have don't to us and the nation far outweigh the Europeans. Our leaders need to be blamed for our backward lives in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by AjanleKoko: 3:19pm On May 02, 2013
LOL@ the usual conspirary theorists cum Naija apologists grin

I guess in the year 2113, the EU (or whatever world body will be running the show then) will still be busy lecturing us, while we throw up our various usual excuses and defences. grin
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 02, 2013
deletrue: It is people like you who because of hate, arising from not offered political appointment etc will not reasons considerably before jumping and responding to any issue not in favour of jona. Is this issue merely about colonisation? What did our colonial master do for us. They left with our wealth and are still colaborated with those past leaders like ibb, Obasanjo, Atuku in retaining those stolen many. How have they help us in returning these stolen wealth. To people like you, provided jona's name or his leadership is mentioned, your incomplete nuts in your brain will automatical waive one sided thereby prompting you to talk from both sides of your mouth. Reason next time before commenting.

Only a consumate retar.d like you would fail to note that the cabal you pledge blind allegiance to, remains the last vestige of colonialism you so much detest.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by proffemi: 3:30pm On May 02, 2013
Excuse, excuse, excuse, that's what so many Nigerians know how to do: give excuses. Me I don't see anything new in what "the EU" has said, or why it has spawned such arguments. Our country has many problems, but one that I see in every sector, every where is that as a people, we never like to take responsibility. Somebody else is always to blame. Everything must be handed to us. I am truly baffled by the ability of even the most intelligent Nigerians to descend to this level of reasoning. As a teacher in a Nigerian university (where we are supposed to have the most intelligent sets of Nigerians, se?) I see it all the time, and not just from the students!
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sucess001(m): 3:31pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk:

Of what use was currency strength when 95% of the country were illiterates?

Nostalgia for the peace wrought by poverty and deprivation.

How wouldn't the old days be 'better' when all they did was sit outside their huts eating palm kernels and drinking palmi?

There was no crime, since no one owned anything worth stealing. Very few had seen electricity, so there was no anger over 'power cuts'. You can't miss what you don't know. A bicycle was the sign of wealth in those ''good old days''. A man who could mount his bicycle and ride from his village to the next was a 'big boy'. Just ask your grandparents. They will confirm.

Bros.

Are you just kidding or you really believe in these things you are posting. I pray the case is the former.

95% illiterates? According to Rosikk.com site ba?

My dad was a graduate living in Lagos and he had a car.

Plus electricity was already in Nigeria in the 60s.

Guy, do a little research. You 'll know that the Nigerian economy immediately the British left was good.

Even the Ghanian economy that was bad as recently as the 80s is now better than Naija's economy.

The question is..."were they not also colonised by the British?"

Stop looking for excuses. Nigeria is bad cos we have a retardeed as president.

Can you help convey the message to the retardeen?
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Euroclydon(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk: The EU should ask their member, Britain, what she did with all the monies earned from Nigerian exports from 1897 to 1960. If that money had been used to develop Nigeria rather than embezzled and used to develop England, Nigeria would have been as fully developed as South Africa at independence, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. So let them start with their own thievery. We are poor today because we are playing catch up, struggling to build things that should have been built 100 years ago.

Good point
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Euroclydon(m): 3:39pm On May 02, 2013
eGuerrilla:

We follow contribute to our backwardness sha...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 02, 2013
prof.femi:
Excuse, excuse, excuse, that's what so many Nigerians know how to do: give excuses. Me I don't see anything new in what "the EU" has said, or why it has spawned such arguments. Our country has many problems, but one that I see in every sector, every where is that as a people, we never like to take responsibility. Somebody else is always to blame. Everything must be handed to us. I am truly baffled by the ability of even the most intelligent Nigerians to descend to this level of reasoning. As a teacher in a Nigerian university (where we are supposed to have the most intelligent sets of Nigerians, se?) I see it all the time, and not just from the students!

The truth is, most of those who are quick to deflect scrutiny in relation to our National affairs are themselves neo-colonialists@prof.femi. I recall once having another exchange about those dreadful wigs won by our barristers, with an individual who has been shooting aimlessly on this thread . Guess which side he fielded for.

Mark my words; give another week, and you would find the same elements defending perfidy under the guise of Nationalism today touting some honour or award bestowed on their principals, by the very institutions that have triggered expressions of indignation on this thread. Such is the irony these reactionaries embody.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 3:50pm On May 02, 2013
sucess001:

Bros.

Are you just kidding or you really believe in these things you are posting. I pray the case is the former.

95% illiterates? According to Rosikk.com site ba?

My dad was a graduate living in Lagos and he had a car.

And so because YOUR DAD went to uni and had a car means other Nigerians were equally 'blessed'?
How many universities were there in Nigeria at independence? Not even up to 1. University College Ibadan wasn't made a full fledged uni till 1962. So which university did your dad attend? Today we have 128 universities in the ''useless, failed Nigeria'', compared to the ''successful Nigeria'' of half university in 1960 under British rule!

That's Nairaland logic.

Plus electricity was already in Nigeria in the 60s.

For how many? Considering 90% of Nigerians lived in rural areas in 1960, and rural areas had NO electricity whatsoever.

Guy, do a little research. You 'll know that the Nigerian economy immediately the British left was good.

No, you need to awaken your dull brain and learn the truth about your colonial past. If everything was going honky dory, why were Awo, Zik, Enahoro, and other founding fathers bursting their assses and risking their lives to free the nation of colonialism?

Even the Ghanian economy that was bad as recently as the 80s is now better than Naija's economy.

The question is..."were they not also colonised by the British?"

Ghana is NOT doing better than the Nigerian economy. She's actually doing comparatively worse, all things considered. Ghana should really be like Kuwait. She has a tiny population, less than Lagos, and yet is the world's largest exporter of cocoa, a major exporter of gold, manganese, copper, and now oil and gas. Ghanaians should be asking what on earth happened to all their money, instead of comparing themselves to a country with 170 million mouths to feed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sucess001(m): 3:58pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk:

And so because YOUR DAD went to uni and had a car means other Nigerians were equally 'blessed'?
How many universities were there in Nigeria at independence? Not even up to 1. University College Ibadan wasn't made a full fledged uni till 1962. So which university did your dad attend? Today we have 128 universities in the ''useless, failed Nigeria'', compared to the ''successful Nigeria'' of half university in 1960 under British rule!

That's Nairaland logic.

For how many? Considering 90% of Nigerians lived in rural areas in 1960, and rural areas had NO electricity whatsoever.

No, you need to awaken your dulkl brtain and learn the truth about your colonial past. If everything ws going honky dory, why were Awo, Zik, Enahoro, and other founding fathers bursting their assses and risking their lives to free the nation of colonialism?

Ghana is NOT doing better than the Nigerian economy. She's actually doing comparatively worse, all things considered. Ghana should really be like Kuwait. She has a tiny population, and is the world's largest exporter of cocoa, she exports gold, manganese, copper, and now oil and gas. Ghanaian should be asking what happened to all their money.

guy...really ehn! you re dull.

if you didnt know, back then, you dont nid to go to the university to live decently.

secondary school leavers would easily get jobs.

i also see your brain cant process the fact that then, there was no oil boom.

guy...am wasting intellectual energy with you. you dull!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 4:04pm On May 02, 2013
sucess001:

I always find it comical when barely-schooled riffraff call others 'dull'. You should be on your knees thanking me for the free education I'm giving you.

if you didnt know, back then, you dont nid to go to the university to live decently.

Ok so, let's abolish all universities and send everyone back to the village to ''live decently'' as hunters, farmers and clerks.

How many secondary school leavers were they as a percentage of the population? 2% 1%? Why would they not get jobs?

Another excuse. Do you think the world did not function before oil? Do you know we exported coal in massive quantities and that coal was the 'oil' of its day? Why do you think Enugu is called coal city? Coal extracted from that city over 63 years non stop would have reaped countless hundreds of billions of dollars in today's money for the British. Virtually NONE of that money touched Nigeria, and yet the same British are preaching to you about anti-corruption as you answer ''yessa''.

You must be mistaking your smelly fart for ''intellectual energy''.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 02, 2013
eGuerrilla:

US was colonized by british too. Lol.
However, inasmuch as we should have mended our ways after independence, the british to a large extent contributed to nigeria's prob.
British introduced tribalism into Nig(whether its related to ds topic or not), handing power to the 'malleable' northerners( that didnt insult their intelligence unlike Achebe,Zik,) and favouring them in the census(nepotism) and inciting their born-to -rule attitude. All in a bid to benefit better from Nigeria then and even now! Without thinking of the future outcome. A bad foundation is the worst thing that can happen to sth. No matter how much u repair d subsequent damages ( which Nig is doing now), the stuff will finally collapse to expose the faulty foundation.

And now, the spokesperson is mentioning bokoharam- wat caused the political arm of BH? No b born-to-rule?
The truth is all these tnz are interwoven, no matter how far the facts seem from the topic. Of course, d same north they selectively favoured later became burden to d nation : Much money is now spent on security; those that came back from d north are trying to gain their former balance(under employment), many vacant positions abide in d north but the insurgency there wont let ppl go there n work( all the undispatched salaries wil be used by the oga@d top there.
Youth service in d north is now dreaded. Small thing now, corpers wl start serving @ phone booths/call centres in the south.
The ques is : what were they thinking when they intentionally did the amalgamation? Infact, They were selfish with Nigeria and i know they enjoy Nig d way it is now

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 02, 2013
sucess001:

The guy dey give you facts, you dey return am with abuse. I was gonna give you the benefit of doubt until i saw your statement about the Ghanian economy doing better than Nigerias'. Return your college certificate to wherever you obtained it from.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by jess5(f): 4:17pm On May 02, 2013
A-town:

Guy, 3000 Gbosa for you juh. You get sense.
The EU and whoever should stfu in my opinion. Corruption and whatnot can not thrive without their help. All the people looting Nigeria dry have most of the stolen "gbemu" in EU/Western banks.

So, when are your people going to collaborate with EU leaders so they can embezzle their countries money and hide them in Nigerian Banks. Are you trying to say Nigerian leaders are gullible robots with no minds of their own that can be manipulated by the west over and over again?

Or, are you part of the cartel loathing the country dry and fighting any information that shed light on their corrupt activities. The issue is, Nigeria is an independent country with its own leaders to make its own decisions.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

So, when are your people going to collaborate with EU leaders so they can embezzle their countries money and hide them in Nigerian Banks. Are you trying to say Nigerian leaders are gullible robots with no minds of their own that can be manipulated by the west over and over again?

Or, are you part of the cartel loathing the country dry and fighting any information that shed light on their corrupt activities. The issue is, Nigeria is an independent country with its own leaders to make its own decisions.

We are all aware of the problems we face as a nation. The issue here is that we do not need the EU telling us crap that we already know because they started and are still part of the problem.
To answer your earlier question, i don't believe Nigerian leaders are gullible robots. I believe ALL NIGERIANS are gullible robots. The same leaders we are complaining about are part of us. Some of the people on nairaland will eventually hold political positions and still act a fool the same way our leaders are doing now.

The problem is not the leaders but WE the people. We are a nation of "expo" carrying primary through secondary through job interview people and you really expect MAGIC. Wake up
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

Stop dodging the question and the issue. The question being: How can someone who is an accessory to theft be pontificating about corruption in your country?

How can a person who is an essential component of the corruption in his role as keeper of your stolen money, come out and pontificate about corruption and you listen to him?

By allowing him to do this it shows you do NOT want to tackle corruption. You only want to play self-hating slave to whites. If you WISHED to tackle corruption, you would identify and attack ALL aspects of it, and ALL those responsible for it, since it is an international racket, a system. You do not pretend that there is only a local component to it. Hating the life out of the local component and flashing your 36 at the foreign component. You cannot attack a disease by fixing only ONE aspect of it. You must attack it FRONTALLY and HOLISTICALLY or your efforts are worthless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 02, 2013
ngozievergreen:
US was colonized by british too. Lol.
However, inasmuch as we should have mended our ways after independence, the british to a large extent contributed to nigeria's prob.
British introduced tribalism into Nig(whether its related to ds topic or not), handing power to the 'malleable' northerners( that didnt insult their intelligence unlike Achebe,Zik,) and favouring them in the census(nepotism) and inciting their born-to -rule attitude. All in a bid to benefit better from Nigeria then and even now! Without thinking of the future outcome. A bad foundation is the worst thing that can happen to sth. No matter how much u repair d subsequent damages ( which Nig is doing now), the stuff will finally collapse to expose the faulty foundation.

And now, the spokesperson is mentioning bokoharam- wat caused the political arm of BH? No b born-to-rule?
The truth is all these tnz are interwoven, no matter how far the facts seem from the topic. Of course, d same north they selectively favoured later became burden to d nation : Much money is now spent on security; those that came back from d north are trying to gain their former balance(under employment), many vacant positions abide in d north but the insurgency there wont let ppl go there n work( all the undispatched salaries wil be used by the oga@d top there.
Youth service in d north is now dreaded. Small thing now, corpers wl start serving @ phone booths/call centres in the south.
The ques is : what were they thinking when they intentionally did the amalgamation? Infact, They were selfish with Nigeria and i know they enjoy Nig d way it is now

The earlier contribution I made in now way absolves the British of the heinous crimes they perpetuated. Check out my tagline and you will find it reads: "Colonialism is not satisfied merely with holding a people in its grip and emptying the native's brain of all form and content. By a kind of perverted logic, it turns to the past of the oppressed people, and distorts, disfigures and destroys it - Fanon"

I had simply asked why we continue to default to a position that betrays intellectual laziness and downright dishonesty, while absolving our own leaders of their responsibilities for the ills which continue to plague us.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by AkpuNku2: 4:33pm On May 02, 2013
If Britain can come and rule Nigeria for just 5yrs again, you will see that Nigeria will be better than London with is current oil producing.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 02, 2013
Akpu.Nku:
If Britain can come and rule Nigeria for just 5yrs again, you will see that Nigeria will be better than London with is current oil producing.

Don't be an igonramus. How is that possible. If they rule us, they will siphon the resources and profits and use it to develop the so-called London. Isn't that what they did before?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 4:39pm On May 02, 2013
Stop bashing those who say that whites bear responsibility for the poverty of Nigeria and Africa in general.

If Nigeria has no reason to be poor, than Europe has no reason to be rich. Europe is resourceless with inhospitable cold climate, while Africa is filled with resources and has a very agreeable climate. But why are their places reversed? The obvious is theft and conspiracy on the parts of the envious whites against Africans.

Not only Africa but every country in which the whites colonized and then left (so does not include North America or Australia) an indigenous non-white people, that country is still poor. Look at Southeast Asia, look at Latin America, they are no better than most African countries. BTW, Singapore and Malaysia doesn't count because their countries are still being dominated by the Chinese, who are not indigenous to their countries.

When the colonists left, they left behind a society structure that inhibit competent leadership and economic independence. Instead of the former colonies are still being exploited economically by the white countries. Nothing has changed. Nigeria and Africa cannot develop under this new form of economic slavery. I'm not saying African leaders aren't to blame, but the root of the problem are the whites.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 4:41pm On May 02, 2013
Akpu.Nku:

ABSOLUTE BULLCRAP. Stop making excuses for your thieving white master. They could have done far more in their era with the profits from the minerals they exported, since costs were a lot cheaper back then. It cost far less to build roads, schools and hospitals back then, so they had no excuse. Did South Africa not turn developed based on solely gold exports? Did they have oil? The colonialists could have done the same in Nigeria with their coal, palm oil, groundnuts, cocoa, rubber, and iron ore exports, but chose to embezzle it all instead. It was the reason they invaded Africa, and that is why THEY are developed today. So those resources they looted were extremely valuable at that time. Stop making EXCUSES for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2013
A-town:

Don't be an igonramus. How is that possible. If they rule us, they will siphon the resources and profits and use it to develop the so-called London. Isn't that what they did before?

Of course. In fact let me tell you. If they were ruling us till today, we wouldn't have up to 5 unis in the country. Most of us will be stuck in the village, and owning a kekenapep would be the sign that one had arrived, a step up from the bicycle. Oil wealth? You will not smell ONE KOBO of that wealth. 99% would have been embezzled to London, just like occurred with the resources of their time which they looted. Today, our estimated losses to corruption are around 25 to 30% of wealth generated. Not good, but infinitely much better than what occurred under colonialism.

The best thing that happened to most of us was gaining independence. Yes we have our problems, which are really teething problems of nationhood, but that was to be expected. We are still making progress.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by jess5(f): 4:51pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk:

My brother do you know I'm beginning to suspect that some ancient deity blinded Africans in some way, perhaps as payback for rejecting him? I mean, how these people can sit here and tell me it's ok for the EU or US to complain about corruption in Nigeria, even as they sit on trillions of our money including the one stolen by they themselves, and yet we take them seriously when they pontificate, is beyond me.

I mean, imagine say Zenith bank was known to hold all the accounts of all armed robbers who ever lived in Nigeria. Then one day the Zenith bank chairman visits Nigerian police headquarters, Abuja to donate a few weapons, vehicles and communication gadgets to the police, followed by a press conference condemning armed robbery in the country, what would be your first reaction to Zenith bank's actions?

But for some reason, where the west is the 'Zenith bank' they get a free pass. No one asks them anything. It's really absurd. Are we under a spell?

Did the European banks put a gun to your leaders head to steal your country's wealth and bring to them. Are European banks now interpol, IRS, anti-fraud unit or whatever you choose to call them? Are bank not companies? Do you mean Nigerian banks will refuse money from Europeans and Americans?

If a bank suspect your source of money, they can only report it to their authorities. And for a European authority to act, they need evidence that that particular person committed a crime in their land. Just like Ibori that your leaders acquit of all crimes and Alamieyeseigha that was recently pardoned.

If a crime was not committed in the EU country, it is only Nigeria that has the right to investigate such a crime. And if there is the crime, the bank has every right to allow them save their money there.

And till date, how many of your corrupt leaders have your government served justice? And with people like you making them look like saints, one can only wonder.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 02, 2013
Inasmuch as I don't like Rossikk's sometimes over patriotic stance, he's got valid points on this one.

But, it shouldn't be an excuse for allowing the alams and iboris and akalas of the world to walk free in nigeria! The objs, ibbs, why aren't they in prison?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by jess5(f): 4:59pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk:

Stop dodging the question and the issue. The question being: How can someone who is an accessory to theft be pontificating about corruption in your country?

How can a person who is an essential component of the corruption in his role as keeper of your stolen money, come out and pontificate about corruption and you listen to him?

By allowing him to do this it shows you do NOT want to tackle corruption. You only want to play self-hating slave to whites. If you WISHED to tackle corruption, you would identify and attack ALL aspects of it, and ALL those responsible for it, since it is an international racket, a system. You do not pretend that there is only a local component to it. Hating the life out of the local component and flashing your 36 at the foreign component. You cannot attack a disease by fixing only ONE aspect of it. You must attack it FRONTALLY and HOLISTICALLY or your efforts are worthless.

And it will be better if you stop dodging these questions,

1. Did the EU ask Nigeria leaders to continue stealing after decades of independence?
2. Did the EU force Nigerian leaders to steal Nigerian money and store in European banks?
3. Is the infrastructure, or your so called development proportional to the income Nigeria make yearly?

Yes, the British stole from Nigeria and made it poor. No one is denying that fact. But attacking what the British did decades ago and ignoring what your leaders have been doing for since independence is just making excuse for them to keep on stealing and doing very, very minimal work.

If you want to be fair, make your debate objective and not one sided.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by purpleclouds: 4:59pm On May 02, 2013
Tracetruth: sorry, the people (missionaries)who brought the gospel of the LORD were not part of the colonial master.

Um, yes they were. They had to get approval from colonial governments to come
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 5:03pm On May 02, 2013
jess5:

And it will be better if you stop dodging these questions,

1. Did the EU ask Nigeria leaders to continue stealing after decades of independence?
2. Did the EU force Nigerian leaders to steal Nigerian money and store in European banks?
3. Is the infrastructure, or your so called development proportional to the income Nigeria make yearly?

Yes, the British stole from Nigeria and made it poor. No one is denying that fact. But attacking what the British did decades ago and ignoring what your leaders have been doing for since independence is just making excuse for them to keep on stealing and doing very, very minimal work.

If you want to be fair, make your debate objective and not one sided.

Who is to say that Britain, US, and EU aren't encouraging Nigerian leaders to launder their money in the West? Maybe criticising our corruption is just a guise. It's in their interest that Nigerians are corrupt and that corrupted money goes to their countries. Do you think corrupted governors and ministers are clients of Nigerian bankers? NO! They use oyibo bankers from London, New York, and Zurich. They've stolen from us before openly, now they're stealing from us and we don't even know! Our government is just their puppet!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by GHSwagg: 5:06pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk:

Ghana is NOT doing better than the Nigerian economy. She's actually doing comparatively worse, all things considered. Ghana should really be like Kuwait. She has a tiny population, less than Lagos and yet is the world's largest exporter of cocoa, a major exporter of gold, manganese, copper, and now oil and gas. Ghanaians should be asking what on earth happened to all their money, instead of comparing themselves to a country with 170 million mouths to feed.

@ bolded

How is Ghana's 25 million population less than Lagos' 21 million
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sucess001(m): 5:06pm On May 02, 2013
A-town:

The guy dey give you facts, you dey return am with abuse. I was gonna give you the benefit of doubt until i saw your statement about the Ghanian economy doing better than Nigerias'. Return your college certificate to wherever you obtained it from.

And your brain cant see the facts in my argument ba?

I see you both are unrepentantly dumb! Do you know how many Nigerians have relocated to Ghana?

So am trying to understand how Nigeria's problem is caused by the EU as you both are tryin to mke us believe.

I cant tell you to return your certificate...

cos i doubt if you have any!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Safiyah Ashipu Protests In Front Of Ayade's Office Over 2 Year Salary Arrears / Edo APC Deputy Chairman, Jarret Tenebe Released / NJC Recommends Sack Of Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia & Justice James T. Agbadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.