Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,513 members, 7,958,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:04 PM

Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU (17286 Views)

Asset Declaration: Buhari Can No Longer Pretend To Be Poor – Balarabe Musa / Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari / Shan George Blasts Buhari For Claiming To Be Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Afritop(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2013
Jonathan Animal Farm Squealer, Reuben Abati will appear from nowhere and counter and Rubbish all the findings and revelation made by th EU
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 7:02pm On May 02, 2013
hrhobi1: @Rossick. I want to meet with you, How can I see u ? , I will beat u dead.

You need to curb your animal instincts.

A brain transplant might also help.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by ayox2003: 7:22pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk:

You make fine points, But I tend to see it a bit different. What I think has happened is that each African is essentially two persons rolled into one. Or more accurately one person operating in two worlds, at once concurrently and simultaneously. The first world is the traditional African world in which he would never steal a goat or hen in his village or clan, no matter how hungry he was, and would never dream of looting funds in his Lagos-based village association.

The second world is the imported world of western type schools, bureaucracy, local and state govts, federal govt, labour associations, police, lecturers, ie the world we inhabit on a macro-level. THIS world to the African is easily compromisable compared to the first. This second world is not regarded as sacred. It is seen almost as a violation. An inconvenient imposition. Something to be taken advantage of, even abused, if benefits accrue from so doing. It is almost as if the African is subconsciously rejecting the instruments of his subjugation. Like a stomach rejecting foreign foods, leading to diarrhea.

I think we need a way of indigenising something about the way we do things at the macro level, especially in officialdom, and give it more grassroots credibility by linking it somehow to our traditions and cultural heritage. In Botswana they have a House of Chiefs which must be consulted in all matters pertaining to the population. Botswana - not by accident - is also the least corrupt nation in Africa and among the top economic performers. It is this sort of marriage between indigenous and modern structures that could see us make a real breakthrough in curbing many societal vices, I reckon. We have to reconnect with who we are as Africans, on a macro-level. Link the macro with the micro. So that when you steal at macro level, it brings shame to the micro level. To your village. Today there is a disconnect between the two paradigms. That must change or you can forget about ending corruption and other vices.

You have spoken well! Our culture must not be severed away from democracy. There's a clan in Colombia that still operates on cultural democracy. On one particularly important vote, the community elders had decided how they wished their representative to vote. The parliamentarian, now far away from his community in the halls of power in the capital, voted differently. Again the elders met and agreed that for defying the wishes of the community he was elected to represent, the parliamentarian should walk many miles through the mountains and then bathe in the freezing water of a sacred mountain lake in order to purge himself. This he did, and balance within the community was restored. Perhaps this technique would not be appropriate elsewhere, but the point is that it is up to each country and indeed each community to search for ways to both keep the peace and protect against the potential betrayal of elected leaders while respecting its culture.

Frawzey

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by CVHP: 7:32pm On May 02, 2013
Dibiachukwu: EU should shut their pig mouths. Freaking agents. Let them wait till we nationalize all their companies in Africa.
Are u 4 real? What happens aftermath the companies go moribund like Dunlop et al?
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Ironi: 7:32pm On May 02, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Nigerians have relocated to every country in the world, many of which aren't as good as Nigeria, like Cameroon, Ghana, Benin, Philippines, Thailand...

Ghana can't even be compared with tiny Lagos State, talkless of Federated Republic of Nigeria.

You mean these countries are not as rich as Nigeria. Being good and and being rich are 2 different things.

If the white man discovers and digs oil for a bamboon, the bamboon would be rich, very simple.

You see, your point is exactly what the EU is reiterating, that, Nigeria has no reason to be poor. As a matter of fact they should stop giving assistance to many African countries, Nigeria being first.

Nigerians steal, mismanage and plunder their economy so badly that to me the the EU and other foreign donors to the economy must be real mugus.

It's like encouraging a bamboon to continue misbehaving.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 7:41pm On May 02, 2013
Ironi:

You mean these countries are not as rich as Nigeria. Being good and and being rich are 2 different things.

If the white man discovers and digs oil for a bamboon, the bamboon would be rich, very simple.

You see, your point is exactly what the EU is reiterating, that, Nigeria has no reason to be poor. As a matter of fact they should stop giving assistance to many African countries, Nigeria being first.

Nigerians steal, mismanage and plunder their economy so badly that to me the the EU and other foreign donors to the economy must be real mugus.

Nigeria IS better than those countries, a bigger country with a bigger economy means more opportunities. In Lagos, you can find plenty of common people from every West African country coming here to find work.

The EU is just saying that while their institutions and businesses are making it easier for corrupt Nigerians to take their money to Europe or America. They're hypocrites in the fullest sense of the word. The resources of Nigeria is controlled by Western multinationals who reap the majority of the profits and leaves the rest to their corrupt government stooges here in Nigeria.

Nigeria's leaders are generally pretty bad, but look who's propping them up? The Westerners.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 7:46pm On May 02, 2013
Ironi:

For all your condescending talk about Nigerians being simians, you can't even spell "baboon". You're just making yourself look stewp!d.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by rusher14: 7:54pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk: The EU should ask their member, Britain, what she did with all the monies earned from Nigerian exports from 1897 to 1960. If that money had been used to develop Nigeria rather than embezzled and used to develop England, Nigeria would have been as fully developed as South Africa at independence, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. So let them start with their own thievery. We are poor today because we are playing catch up, struggling to build things that should have been built 100 years ago.
You have taken recycling rubbish to a whole new level.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 02, 2013
A-town:

We are all aware of the problems we face as a nation. The issue here is that we do not need the EU telling us crap that we already know because they started and are still part of the problem.
To answer your earlier question, i don't believe Nigerian leaders are gullible robots. I believe ALL NIGERIANS are gullible robots. The same leaders we are complaining about are part of us. Some of the people on nairaland will eventually hold political positions and still act a fool the same way our leaders are doing now.

The problem is not the leaders but WE the people. We are a nation of "expo" carrying primary through secondary through job interview people and you really expect MAGIC. Wake up
not true. Not true. Nigeria is only independent on paper. U dont know how much they have controlled since 1960

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Dibiachukwu: 9:42pm On May 02, 2013
A foreigner comes to your village and you accept him. He then makes it a duty of his to identify scums in the village and give them guns and grenades. The scums terrorize the village with the guns and gets other people by their side with gifts. The foreigner then identifies your differences and amplifies it. Telling each faction that the other faction is no good for him! Promising heaven and earth to the co-operating faction. You fight, and he brings his truck to loot your houses. One scum is then replaced with another scum; because you have to be a scum to meddle with scums. A political class of scums have been created. All of them having a bank account with this degenerate foreigner. This foreigner then convinces these leaders to bank and trade in his currency (backed up by nothing). Then this foreigner starts telling you to kill or deprive your people. If you refuse, he seizes your own money. And if he has access to your food, he poisons it cry He then appears on your tv and attacks the very politician that refused to do his bidding. Yes our political class are scums, but who bred this particular political class? Where do they send their money, seek asylum, get their arms? This African village manufactures machetes and guns and light arms. However these political elites have access to machine guns and warships and fighter crafts. They have also refused to allow any local production of this weapons! What amazes me, however, is that these villagers (africans), say I should not blame this foreigner but blame myself for this mess. Yes I blame the political class for being so stupid, but I blame the foreigner more for using the vulnerable in my village to sabotage me! And it is easier to fight the foreigner than to fight the political elites; who look like me and talk like me. The foreigner stands out. He/she is white. So anywhere I see anything remotely associated to white people, I will oppose it to the best of my ability. You can't bring a war to my village and not expect to be burnt. A racist Africa is a free Africa!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by onitshaigbo(m): 9:45pm On May 02, 2013
Dibiachukwu: A foreigner comes to your village and you accept him. He then makes it a duty of his to identify scums in the village and give them guns and grenades. The scums terrorize the village with the guns and gets other people by their side with gifts. The foreigner then identifies your differences and amplifies it. Telling each faction that the other faction is no good for him! Promising heaven and earth to the co-operating faction. You fight, and he brings his truck to loot your houses. One scum is then replaced with another scum; because you have to be a scum to meddle with scums. A political class of scums have been created. All of them having a bank account with this degenerate foreigner. This foreigner then convinces these leaders to bank and trade in his currency (backed up by nothing). Then this foreigner starts telling you to kill or deprive your people. If you refuse, he seizes your own money. And if he has access to your food, he poisons it cry He then appears on your tv and attacks the very politician that refused to do his bidding. Yes our political class are scums, but who bred this particular political class? Where do they send their money, seek asylum, get their arms? This African village manufactures machetes and guns and light arms. However these political elites have access to machine guns and warships and fighter crafts. They have also refused to allow any local production of this weapons! What amazes me, however, is that these villagers (africans), say I should blame this foreigner but blame myself for this mess. Yes I blame the political class for being so stupid, but I blame the foreigner more for using the vulnerable in my village to sabotage me! And it is easier to fight the foreigner than to fight the political elites; who look like me and talk like me. The foreigner stands out. He/she is white. So anywhere I see anything remotely associated to white people, I will oppose it to the best of my ability. You can't bring a war to my village and not expect to be burnt. A racist Africa is a free Africa!

Truer words have never been spoken. God bless you.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Dibiachukwu: 10:08pm On May 02, 2013
Tracetruth: sorry, the people (missionaries)who brought the gospel of the LORD were not part of the colonial master.
Yes yes they are! And all those rival foreign religions have made us all prey in our homes. Talk about extermination 101.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by hrhobi1(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk:

You need to curb your animal instincts.

A brain transplant might also help.

Na accident go kill u bloody liar . Son of a demon, saying rubbish at this age.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by COOLDUN: 10:33pm On May 02, 2013
Rossikk: It is not being colonised that is the issue. The issue is what did the colonialists DO in the respective nations they colonised? In SOME countries they built infrastructure, schools, and created functional institutions which went on to serve those nations after independence. In OTHERS, especially the BLACK nations, all they did was loot, loot, loot and loot. In Nigeria, despite exporting hundreds of billions in today's money worth of resources from 1897 to 1960 they only built ONE university college, not even a full fledged uni. In 63 years of rule. As for roads, power etc, they did virtually nothing. In 1960, after 63 years of British rule, we generated 270 megawatts of electricity. 95 percent of Nigerians had no access to electricity. There was no national grid. Rail. Oh they built a line from Kano to the southern ports for ONE reason, ie to evacuate our resources. At independence, we were just a bush. Today we have advanced a lot and are still advancing, thanks to African rule. The EU can take their 'concern' for our 'plight' and stick it up their round holes.

Just stop here and listen to what the other writer said, do you know that the only good amenities you are still using in Nigeria today are the ones left by the British? take for an example the good buildings left by the British were destroyed by your fellow Nigerians, eg, NET building during Shagari, Defence building during IBB/Abacha, first Niger head bridge during Gowon, Electricity was far better during the Colonial era than after independence. etc. British might be dubious but Nigerian rulers are more useless than uselessness.

All the countries that began the race after Nigeria are billions of miles far away ahead of Nigeria, while you are here still here blaming the colonial masters. After all you told them to go that you can manage/govern yourselves, where are we today?
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by successcertain: 10:43pm On May 02, 2013
this where the problem at, this are the reason why we have no thinkers and sincere African, this are the weapon use in weakening the mind and soul of Africans.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by successcertain: 10:47pm On May 02, 2013
African is psychologically brutalized by the imperialist racist educational system.

Africa can only move forward, if Africans stop holding unto colonial ways..serious deconstructing is needed folk.
if you want to destroy the culture of a nation,you must brainwash the youth of that nation & make them do your dirty work for you
Revolution begins when we regurgitate lies &deceptions they fed us when we re-seed then re-feed our roots with the truths of our ancestry.
Most Dangerous Blacks in the world are many of those brothers&sisters who finished graduate & yet operate against the interest of Africa
The second thing taken from us after our freedom, was our culture. Now this was a scientific imperative to promote .
If you rob a people of self-knowledge,you turn them into a race of robots, forever dependent upon you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by cecegorz(m): 11:00pm On May 02, 2013
I think Rossikk's initial statement drew all these stick pro'ly because of some precedence but truely I understand his frame of reference on this title thread.
We all know that EU has no moral standing to tell us what we all know, and they have been part of it till this day. May be China or Russia can but EU?
Both themselves and our rulers are different sides of a coin. Period
Even as they are giving this press conference, they are also on the look out to for more opportunities to connive with the moronic rulers to loot more.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by zanga420: 11:24pm On May 02, 2013
The nigerian masses are mentally lazy cos of sentiments. I say it n repeat it, when a house is divided an evil genius rigmarolls every entity in that house n makes fool of them all. For the leaders manipulating the masses as the like has been easy cos of this. Solutions to our proplem is simple but the masses has to demand n stand for it in pureness of heart n fairness to all. One of the ways to develop nigeria is decentralizing the centre n MORE AUTONOMY TO THE REGIONS TO DEVELOP EACH AT ITS PACE. But many 'll not support it cos they fear losing what they 'll grab at the centre, thereby allowing us impoverish with the trouble laden centre. Less power to the centre, more autonomy to the regions, 'll make an igbo man hold his region n states accountable with the leaders of his region telling him they were marginalised by the centre. An hausa man grow at his pace n not blame others for deceiving him or venting his anger on anyone he feels. It'll make a yoruba man live as calm as he wants n develop what he has. But if we comtinue as we are, our progress 'll only happen by miracle. Our present structure encourages selfishness n greed. God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by EGO3(m): 2:36am On May 03, 2013
Rossikk:
Typical dumbed down response. Is colonialism not blaming you? Why should you not blame them back? Are you afraid of them? Are you their slave? Any problems here, they contributed as much to it as anyone else, and still contribute, through the nefarious acts of their multinationals for instance. Do they get a pass because they are white? Not in MY book. Tell me something. Do you think corruption can thrive in Nigeria for one week without the active collaboration of western powers? Do you think those powers don't know where all the money is and how it got there? I mean, and then these people HOLDING YOUR TRILLIONS come to you and start preaching anti-corruption, and you actually listen to them.... ''yes massa, yes massa. We know you're holding our trillions of dollars, but you still love us and have our best interests at heart. We believe you hate our corruption because it is making you far too rich, and we know you hate too much riches, as shown by your history of invading countries only for the purposes of spreading the good news of Jesus Christ and his kingdom. As for our trillions which you hold? It's all yours! Don't worry about it massa! Afterall stolen money that arrives in your soft white hands is automatically cleansed of all its history, by the special grace of Jesus and your white Pope''.

Gullible idiots.
Rossik you are right thinking Man, these light skinned people turn around to call us corrupt, can you justify how $5 billion would get into your country without you just not knowing that such an amount came in. Now as the angel you claim to be what did you do about it, did you question the owner with all sincerity, or did you path him on the back and encouraged hIM on what investment he could do with this monies there in your so called developed country. I have never been to Aso rock in my life but I know for sure that SIT IS HOTTER THAN MOST OF US THINK.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by EGO3(m): 2:47am On May 03, 2013
hrhobi1:

THAT ACCIDENT WILL KILL YOUR LAZY BRAIN THAT HAS REFUSED TO THINK.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by topmostg: 6:50am On May 03, 2013
hrhobi1:

grow up!!
Why typing stuff that makes you look like an idio^t.?
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by modextus(m): 7:22am On May 03, 2013
Dibiachukwu: EU should shut their pig mouths. Freaking agents. Let them wait till we nationalize all their companies in Africa.
lol dreamer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by conebit: 8:35am On May 03, 2013
EU'Britain should not intrude into our affairs,because they the cause of our predicament.They should mind their business,because they are the people that empower the northanans who are the owners of 82 oil blocks in Nigeria'I'm not talking of our oil that they stole from our resource country.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sucess001(m): 8:40am On May 03, 2013
A-town:

The guy dey give you facts, you dey return am with abuse. I was gonna give you the benefit of doubt until i saw your statement about the Ghanian economy doing better than Nigerias'. Return your college certificate to wherever you obtained it from.

YOU COMPARE GHANA & NAIJA ECONOMIES? YOU ARE THE JOKER OF THE DECADE! Its not being sentimental, figures and statistics dont lie bro...Lemme prove how brainless you are:

Economy of Nigeria From Wikipedia

Statistics
GDP $450.5 billion (2012 est.) (PPP; 30th)
GDP per capita $2,700 (2012 est.)
Below poverty line 45% (2010 est.)
Credit rating Standard & Poor's:[3]
Fitch:[4]
BB-
Outlook: Negative
Foreign reserves $42.8 billion (2012 est.)
Main data source: CIA World Fact Book

Nigeria is a middle income, mixed economy and emerging market, with expanding financial, service, communications, and entertainment sectors. It is ranked 30th in the world in terms of GDP (PPP) as of 2011, and its emergent, though currently underperforming manufacturing sector is the third-largest on the continent, producing a large proportion of goods and services for the West African region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nigeria

Economy of Ghana From Wikipedia

Statistics
GDP $89.509 billion
GDP per capita $3,256.848 (2012 est.)
below poverty line 27% (2011 est.)

Credit rating Standard & Poor's:[8]
B+ (Domestic)
B+ (Foreign)
BB+ (T&C Assessment)
Outlook: Stable[9]
Fitch:[10]
BBB+
Outlook: Stable

The economy of Ghana, Africa, has a diverse and rich resource base, and as such, has one of the highest GDP per capita in Africa. Ghana is one of the top–ten fastest growing economies in the world, and the fastest growing economy in Africa. Gold, timber, cocoa, diamond, bauxite, manganese, and many other exports are major sources of foreign exchange.[11]

An oilfield which is reported to contain up to 3 billion barrels (480×10^6 m3) of light oil was discovered in 2007.[12] Oil exploration is ongoing and, the amount of oil continues to increase.[13]

The domestic economy revolves around services, which accounts for 50% of GDP and employs 28% of the work force. On the negative side, stalled public sector wage, government wage increases and lack of moves towards economic industrialization have led to continued inflationary deficit financing, depreciation of the Cedi, and rising public discontent with Ghana's austerity measures. Furthermore, according to the World Bank, Ghana's per capita income has barely doubled over the past 45 years.[14] Even so, Ghana remains one of the more economically sound countries in all of Africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Ghana

You can analyse the above or do i have to interpret it for you blockhead? or you still wanna show how senseless you are by throwing up a counter argument? Humor me, tell me someting to counter me...i.diot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by DaLover(m): 10:21am On May 03, 2013
yeboyes:

Are you for real? How can you even say that? Nigeria makes more money in one year now than the brits ever stole pre-Independence so why has our leader not used those huge amounts of money to develop Nigeria? This is the same excuse many Africans make but they fail to realize that the problems of their countries are mainly of their own doing.

Below is the picture of a Borno state's politician son sitting on raw cash up to the amount of N100 Million.Is he also British or is it the British that asked his father to steal all that money and horde it in their house?

Is the British that instructs our governors, senators , ministers and president to embezzle government funds and store them in offshore accounts?

Is it the British who instructed Nigerian Governors to use public funds to purchase private jets or buy cars for tuface wife?

Rossik i thought you were a genuine patriotic Nigerian but i am starting to wonder if you are not a Government agent planted here to promote Jonathan's Government. I appreciate your threads which shows pictures of nice places in Nigeria but you will do great damage to your reputation if you continue to peddle lies like unsincere9gerian and his minions.

The same South Africa you are comparing Nigeria has more intelligent leaders than Nigeria. In 2010 ,South Africa suffered minor power problems because their population had grown substantially and their grid was not able to cater for everyone. What did the South African Government do? They built new power plants and set up a program to regulate power usage. Today the power is still on 24 hours a day without a single glitch .Mind you SA makes way less than Nigeria daily.

They did not set up hundred committees or change power ministers like Nigerians. The president simply ordered that new power plants be built and they are being built, no long stories. Yes it is that simple if you have good and intelligent leaders. Providing power for a nation does not require rockets scientist just patriotic and competent people.

So why can’t Nigeria set aside say $20 billion dollar from the money it makes annually to build new coal plant, dam or nuclear plants? Is it the British who is holding us from doing so? Instead we are privatising it and building IPP which will still not be sufficient as they are small scale IPPs.

Jonathan and Nigerian leaders are brain dead. They make simple problems look like complex scientific problems because they are not intelligent or patriotic.I dare say that if had was in power Nigeria will be free of power outages within 18 months. The newly dredged river Niger alone can provide a brand new dam with ship lift like the one in china. We have enough shoreline to build one or two nuclear plants and Niger our neighbor country to the north with supply us with uranium .The northern part of Nigeria is home to a large desert which can easily house massive solar panel plants that will add more power to the grid.

If I was president , I will trim my budget ,cut down Govt officials salaries by 80% and set aside at least $20 billion dollars yearly to pay for these power projects. Within 6 years of my presidency Nigeria will be fully lit for 24 daily.

Enough of blaming the west for everything. Be honest ,man up and admit that we bleeped ourselves up. The same Britain you are talking about is where Nigerians are flocking to for a better life.Since the brits left Nigeria has earned over $600 billion.So pray tell what our leaders have done with that $600 billion to play catch up? Are you saying we not must fix our country because the brits colonized and did not fix our country?

ol boy, the FG doesnt even have up to $20billion to spend a year, try to be resonable
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by israelbenzion: 10:30am On May 03, 2013
Rossikk: The EU should ask their member, Britain, what she did with all the monies earned from Nigerian exports from 1897 to 1960. If that money had been used to develop Nigeria rather than embezzled and used to develop England, Nigeria would have been as fully developed as South Africa at independence, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. So let them start with their own thievery. We are poor today because we are playing catch up, struggling to build things that should have been built 100 years ago.
Are u for real? U expect a colonial master to take d blame for our sorry state today? What did u tink was his intention in colonizing us in d first place? Benevolence? Or a cold drive for their own economic betterment? And since they left, has enuf time not passed for u to set abt repairing any damage u think they wrought? I believe u just read Walter Rodney's defeatist and laziness-encouraging book " How Europe Underdeveloped Africa". Wake up man. Take ur destiny in ur hands. We weren't d first to suffer colonization: but we r yet d last to rise frm it, always wallowing in unhelpful self-pity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Dibiachukwu: 11:11am On May 03, 2013
modextus: lol dreamer
You have failed to learn Africa. Things here, happen like film trick.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by DaLover(m): 11:19am On May 03, 2013
EU got it totally wrong, corruption is not and has never been our problem,
Nobody ever became rich by depending on exported raw products....

Our entire system has now been configured as a comsumption system, production is not encouraged,
all because the rest of the country (Core north and SW in particular) are afraid of the blazing progress of the Igbos...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 11:31am On May 03, 2013
israel ben-zion:

Are u for real? U expect a colonial master to take d blame for our sorry state today? What did u tink was his intention in colonizing us in d first place? Benevolence? Or a cold drive for their own economic betterment? And since they left, has enuf time not passed for u to set abt repairing any damage u think they wrought? I believe u just read Walter Rodney's defeatist and laziness-encouraging book " How Europe Underdeveloped Africa". Wake up man. Take ur destiny in ur hands. We weren't d first to suffer colonization: but we r yet d last to rise frm it, always wallowing in unhelpful self-pity.
Next time, use your tiny brain to decipher all that's been typed on a thread before contributing your beer parlour garbage.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sucess001(m): 11:39am On May 03, 2013
israel ben-zion:

you couldnt have put it better.

Rossikk: Next time, use your tiny brain to decipher all that's been typed on a thread before contributing your beer parlour garbage.
[quote author=israel ben-zion]

You are the one spewing beer parlour arguments. He has solid points in his post.

Meanwhile i see you have avoided responding to my economic comparism betw Ghana and nigeria in my post above...

I ve always said that if govt must use sycophants and apologists to try and brainwash us into believeing they re doing anything, they should @ least use intelligent sycophants...

Finishing your watery arguments were just too easy...

Do u have a university certificate @ all?

You talk like you are high on cheap drugs! smh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by Rossikk(m): 11:50am On May 03, 2013
sucess001:

you couldnt have put it better.

Not sure what hole you sneaked out of to infest this thread, slaveboy. Why don't you sneak back in there, and while you're at it, buy a padlock for your lips and a whip for your back. Massa needs his implements. Oh, and we call them university degrees, not 'university certificates'. School dropout pretending to know.
Re: Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU by sucess001(m): 12:06pm On May 03, 2013
Rossikk: Not sure what hole you sneaked out of to infest this thread, slaveboy. Why don't you sneak back in there, and while you're at it, buy a padlock for your lips and a whip for your back. Massa needs his implements. Oh, and we call them university degrees, not 'university certificates'. School dropout pretending to know.

LMAO!

Guy...you just took dullness to the next freaking level!

Call it degree, call it certificate, its same. dumbskull! You can even call it degree certificate. I wonder how u can actually think a degree can exist without evidence of a certificate.

Meanwhile, i noticed you couldnt attack the substantive arguments since it was beyond your intellectual capacity, you were busy spewing words like shit from arsse(apology to spartacus).

I understand you sha. Since you dont have answers to the intellectual posers thrown at you, you resort to thuggery and other miscreant-like abuses.

Your name "Rossikk" says a lot bout you anyways.

Just be warned...steer clear of intellectual arguments, its not your thing. B.astard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International / Kwara Monarch, Ibrahim Chatta-Umar, Backs Buhari For 2019 / “Nigerians Are Angry” – Abdulsalami Abubakar Worried About Security Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.