Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World (5833 Views)

Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! / Jesus, Prophet To Jews Only Not The Universe / Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World Or Prophet Muhammad (saw) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by thorpido(m): 4:46pm On May 03, 2013
lanrexlan: Haha,I can feel how ignorant you are.In Islam,we respect all the prophets of ALLAH(peace be upon them all),we must know them and send blessings unto them,if you don't send blessings upon Jesus(pbuh),we muslims respect and honour him and that's why we can't do without writing PBUH at the end of the names of the prophets.No muslim is a muslim if he doesn't believe in Jesus(pbuh).
Listen to yourself.You on the earth sending blessing to those in heaven.Isn't it those on the earth who should receive blessings from heaven.Religion has a way of making people not to think.

Sending blessings to those in heaven indeed!
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 5:51pm On May 03, 2013
MostHigh:

Those who are sons of abraham through faith are Isreal in flesh.

Abraham is the father of all those who believe but are not circumcised(Gentiles)and the Jews ....don't come here and be talking through your limited knowledge.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 5:58pm On May 03, 2013
MostHigh:

Those who are sons of abraham through faith are Isreal in flesh.

Explain this

Acts 15:14-15
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
14 Simon Peter has told us how God showed his love for the non-Jewish people. For the first time, God accepted them and made them his people. 15 The words of the prophets agree with this too:
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by MostHigh: 9:23pm On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Abraham is the father of all those who believe but are not circumcised(Gentiles)and the Jews ....don't come here and be talking through your limited knowledge.

What does this really mean?

Surly if you believe then you are circumcised in your heart

Was Abraham not circumcised at 99yrs

Then how can his children be uncircumcised

This man you talk like a real pastor

so much rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by MostHigh: 9:30pm On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Explain this

Acts 15:14-15
14 Simon Peter has told us how God showed his love for the non-Jewish people. For the first time, God accepted them and made them his people. 15 The words of the prophets agree with this too:

Either you are a Jew or a gentile stop masking yourself with the word Christian

Salvation to the Jew first for to them are revealed the oracles of God

The gentile cannot be The Lords people without them living the Lords way( I am the way)

remember yashua lives the way of the Jew

The apostles live the way of the Jew

God cannot be changed by your wish full thinking.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 12:58am On May 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Either you are a Jew or a gentile stop masking yourself with the word Christian

Salvation to the Jew first for to them are revealed the oracles of God

The gentile cannot be The Lords people without them living the Lords way( I am the way)

remember yashua lives the way of the Jew

The apostles live the way of the Jew

God cannot be changed by your wish full thinking.

So, I should be a proselyte to be Part of the Lords people?..how does "I am the way" mean I should become a Jew ? Where was I thought to be like a Jew to be saved?
See, criteria for salvation is believing Christ died and Ressurected. SIMPLE.

Oracles of God means initial word and knowledge of God.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 1:06am On May 04, 2013
MostHigh:

What does this really mean?

Surly if you believe then you are circumcised in your heart

Was Abraham not circumcised at 99yrs

Then how can his children be uncircumcised

This man you talk like a real pastor

so much rubbish.

Abraham's circumcision has nothing to do with the promise cos He was circumcised after the promise, read the book properly. Gentiles became his sons through faith and not through circumcision or lack of it.
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by MostHigh: 8:05am On May 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

So, I should be a proselyte to be Part of the Lords people?..how does "I am the way" mean I should become a Jew ? Where was I thought to be like a Jew to be saved?

You were taught to do exactly all that he did (The way of the jew)

Its like saying you are muslim only in words but not ready to live daily as the prophet lived (hypocrisy)

Only 2 men 2 ways and 2 destinies. psalm 1

He is the way so you should live exactly as he lives else is just pretence, then comes the judgement.

Either you live as yashua lives (jew)

or you live as a gentile.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by MostHigh: 8:11am On May 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Salvation in yashua yes true

But everyman run a race and if so there must be some reward at the end (judgement)

From your words you are not aware of the impending judgement, and keep on insisting you have grace and have no need for good works.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by MostHigh: 8:13am On May 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Abraham's circumcision has nothing to do with the promise cos He was circumcised after the promise, read the book properly. Gentiles became his sons through faith and not through circumcision or lack of it.
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

As above so below.

If one is a Jew inwardly then he must be one outwardly as well

unless the individual is psychotic.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 10:50am On May 04, 2013
MostHigh:

As above so below.

If one is a Jew inwardly then he must be one outwardly as well

unless the individual is psychotic.

The mistake you are making is putting so much emphasis on the kingdom of Israel. The king has come and he has gone. Like I told you before, gentile believers don't see Christ as our king albeit he is a king in heaven. We are part of him now, He is the head and we are the body, therefore, all we seek is our departure to the kingdom of heaven and not a king coming to us to form a kingdom on earth. Jesus is the king of the Jews but a saviour of the gentile.

Understand that bit and things will be much clearer to you.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 11:07am On May 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Salvation in yashua yes true

But everyman run a race and if so there must be some reward at the end (judgement)

From your words you are not aware of the impending judgement, and keep on insisting you have grace and have no need for good works.

What impending judgement...can't you see what made Abraham righteous thus been called the father of faith,did he work to achieve that.
Can't you see my salvation was a gift given to me by God and not by conditions of being a Jew or by my works--

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Are you by anyway saying the scripture lied cos I have pasted more than enough proofs to show I am not saved by being a Jew but by BELIEVE
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by MostHigh: 12:05pm On May 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

The mistake you are making is putting so much emphasis on the kingdom of Israel. The king has come and he has gone. Like I told you before, gentile believers don't see Christ as our king albeit he is a king in heaven. We are part of him now, He is the head and we are the body, therefore, all we seek is our departure to the kingdom of heaven and not a king coming to us to form a kingdom on earth. Jesus is the king of the Jews but a saviour of the gentile.

Understand that bit and things will be much clearer to you.

Ye do err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of the most high God.

The mistake you are making is putting so much emphasis on the kingdom of Israel. The king has come and he has gone. Like I told you before, gentile believers don't see Christ as our king albeit he is a king in heaven.

Truly this is the spirit of antichrist

By spiritualising the throne of David you are raging just as it is prophesised in the 2nd psalm.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

You deny yashua his throne on earth?

This your doctrine is your undoing

Who are you?

2 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 4:44pm On May 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Ye do err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of the most high God.

The mistake you are making is putting so much emphasis on the kingdom of Israel. The king has come and he has gone. Like I told you before, gentile believers don't see Christ as our king albeit he is a king in heaven.

Truly this is the spirit of antichrist

By spiritualising the throne of David you are raging just as it is prophesised in the 2nd psalm.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

You deny yashua his throne on earth?

This your doctrine is your undoing

Who are you?

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have [color=#990000]followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne[/color] of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Does that quote not explain everything to you, Christ would come back as the head together with those who have followed( not the twelve tribes of Israel). Christ and his followers will then judge the twelve tribes of Israel. (Jews).
Number 12 thrones means number of government in heaven
Further more the scripture says

11 You were not born as Jews. You are the people the Jews call “uncircumcised.[a]” Those Jews who call you “uncircumcised” call themselves “circumcised.” (Their circumcision is only something they themselves do to their bodies.) 12 Remember that in the past you were without Christ. You were not citizens of Israel, and you did not know about the agreements[b] with the promises that God made to his people. You had no hope, and you did not know God. 13 Yes, at one time you were far away from God, but now in Christ Jesus, you are brought near to him. You are brought near to God through the blood sacrifice of Christ.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 5:42pm On May 04, 2013
The coming of Christ for the church was described-

15 What we tell you now is the Lord’s own message. Those of us who are still living when the Lord comes again will join him, but not before those who have already died. 16 The Lord himself will come down from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. And the people who have died and were in Christ will rise first.

And this is the first coming. Every one justified at this time will come with Christ for the second advent for the 12 tribes of Israel.as explained-

Matthew 19:28
28 Jesus said to them, “When the time of the new world comes, the Son of Man will sit on his great and glorious throne. And I can promise that you who followed me will sit on twelve thrones, and you will judge the twelve tribes of Israel.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by MostHigh: 6:59pm On May 04, 2013
shdemidemi: The coming of Christ for the church was described-

15 What we tell you now is the Lord’s own message. Those of us who are still living when the Lord comes again will join him, but not before those who have already died. 16 The Lord himself will come down from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. And the people who have died and were in Christ will rise first.

And this is the first coming. Every one justified at this time will come with Christ for the second advent for the 12 tribes of Israel.as explained-

Matthew 19:28
28 Jesus said to them, “When the time of the new world comes, the Son of Man will sit on his great and glorious throne. And I can promise that you who followed me will sit on twelve thrones, and you will judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

Guy you talk too much out of point.

By your words you will be judged.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 7:30pm On May 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Guy you talk too much out of point.

By your words you will be judged.

I give you so much points you can't even challenge, yet you wanna throw insults..thought you were ready to learn.certainly thought wrong, I believe I have made enough points to take you out of your folly. A lil is enough for the wise.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 04, 2013
shdemidemi: The coming of Christ for the church was described-

[/b]
BRUV, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT NO PHYSICALLY DEAD PERSON IS GOING TO BE WAKING UP. THAT AINT WHAT THAT VERSE IS TALKING ABOUT cheesy cheesy WHAT YOU THINK THIS IS ? A MICHEAL JACKSON THRILLER VIDEO ? SMDH
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by MostHigh: 7:47pm On May 04, 2013
obadiah777: BRUV, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT NO PHYSICALLY DEAD PERSON IS GOING TO BE WAKING UP. THAT AINT WHAT THAT VERSE IS TALKING ABOUT cheesy cheesy WHAT YOU THINK THIS IS ? A MICHEAL JACKSON THRILLER VIDEO ? SMDH

I taya for d guy interpretation

lol!!
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 04, 2013
MostHigh:

lol!!
grin grin grin THE GUY IS SMOKING SPINACH LEAVES LMAO. I SEE YALL DUKING IT OUT. THE GUY HAS STOPPED RESPONDING TO ME SO I AM JUST WATCHING YOUR INTERESTING DEBATES.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by shdemidemi(m): 9:52pm On May 04, 2013
MostHigh:

lol!!

What interpretation are you talking about..something written as clearly and literal as that, you are trying to interpret it for a reason that i dont know. If there is anyone smoking anything it would be you and your partner.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Mar 02
otheloze:
I stumbled on Mathew 10:5,6 and was astonished, can any body give a view on this chapter
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Jesus Christ was sent, not to the Jews alone but to the Lost sheep of Israel of whom the Jews where only a part. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Mar 02
thorpido:
He was sent to the whole world but His primary constituency was Israel.Why did He say this if He was sent only to Israel...And Jesus came and spake unto them,saying,all power is given unto Me in heaven and on earth.Go ye therefore and teach ALL NATIONS,baptizing them in the Name of the Father,and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost,teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.and lo,I am with you alway,even unto the end of the world.Amen(Matthew 28:18-20).
While in the desert, God sent snakes to kill the Israelites for complaining. And then God told Moses to lift a bronze snake proclaiming that those of the people of Israel— no mention of the foreigners who lived among them in the entire tale— bitten by the snakes(condemned to die) who would choose to look up at the bronze statue would be saved from death(condemnation of death), a sentence inflicted on them by God Himself.
4 The Israelites left Mount Hor and traveled on the road that goes to the Red Sea. They did this to go around the country of Edom. But the people became impatient.
5 They began complaining against God and Moses. The people said, “Why did you bring us out of Egypt? We will die here in the desert! There is no bread and no water! And we hate this terrible food!”
6 So the Lord sent poisonous snakes among the people. The snakes bit the people, and many of the Israelites died.
7 The people came to Moses and said, “We know that we sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord. Ask him to take away these snakes.” So Moses prayed for them.
8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a bronze snake and put it on a pole. If anyone is bitten by a snake, that person should look at the bronze snake on the pole. Then that person will not die.”
9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it on a pole. Then when a snake bit anyone, that person looked at the bronze snake on the pole and lived. - Numbers 21 vs 4 - 9
Moses lifted the bronze snake, and those who looked at it lived. undecided

Jesus Christ told you in His Gospel that in much the same way that Moses lifted the snake in the desert for the people of Israel so also He too would be raised as a beacon for those among them — the people of Israel — who wished to live after they had been condemned to die by God of Israel - Deuteronomy 28.
14 “Moses lifted up the snake in the desert. It is the same with the Son of Man. He must be lifted too.
15 Then everyone who believes in him can have eternal life.”
16 Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.
17 God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty but to save the world through him. - John 3 vs 14-16
God is responsible for condemning the Israelites to perish in the grave — lost. And He, God then also sent Jesus Christ to save the same people... Israel... after condemning them to die. Same as He did with the serpent back in the desert. undecided

So, in essence, The World that Jesus Christ was sent to is the same world that consists of those condemned of Israel aka the Lost sheep of Israel. Just as Jesus Christ made clear. But here you are saying instead that Jesus Christ came to some other people than the one Jesus Himself said His Father sent Him to, How come? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Section Of The Sunday Worship Service You Like Most In Your Church? / Does Going To Church Guarantee Heaven? / Test, Trials And Temptation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.