Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? - Entertainment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? (50046 Views)

Top 5 Ugliets Babes On Nigerian Television/entertainment Scene. / Would You Rather Give Up Music Or Television For A Month? / What Kind Of Television Programmes Do Nigerians Enjoy And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Rescop: 6:10pm On May 04, 2013
bizybrain: Rainbow screen voltron Willi Willi rambo and commando. Such good memories they bring.
yes ooooooooo willi willi very scary
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:22pm On May 04, 2013
Hemanwel: I watched koto Orun,Gboro mi ro,Checkmate,Things Fall Apart,etcetera

naaah, not true. except your folks were so pinching that they refused to buy new TV u could not have seen these programs on the sliding cupboard TV.

probably things fall apart, but even that I saw on a regular black n white and on a color TV.

those programs u listed came waaaaay after the cupboard TV sets.

and this applies to a lot of other guys trying to form old skool.

this TV was extinct around 87-90. anything from 1992 upwards, it was regular b/w TV and early colored sets. a lot of those programs u folks are listing were screened in the early 90s

1 Like

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Solowande(m): 6:22pm On May 04, 2013
we used to watch papiluwe, jaguar, house man number 13, wiliwili, gregory & clarus, robin hood, wwf and so lot more i can't remember na. i remember dat time our hse dey full remain
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 04, 2013
Hmmmn***sighs*** nostalgia... The good ol' days of innocence and pure unbridlef fun!
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by 33komkom(m): 6:26pm On May 04, 2013
Tells by moon light, new masquerade, things fall apart, ETC

1 Like

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by naptu2: 6:28pm On May 04, 2013
4llerbuntu:

naaah, not true. except your folks were so pinching that they refused to buy new TV u could not have seen these programs on the sliding cupboard TV.

probably things fall apart, but even that I saw on a regular black n white and on a color TV.

those programs u listed came waaaaay after the cupboard TV sets.

and this applies to a lot of other guys trying to form old skool.

this TV was extinct around 87-90. anything from 1992 upwards, it was regular b/w TV and early colored sets. a lot of those programs u folks are listing were screened in the early 90s

Well, our solid state huge tv lasted from the 1970s up till 1993. We had several other tv sets (sometimes 4 or 5 at a time), but that black and white set was still working in 1993 (although the sound was ultra low).
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by experience16: 6:33pm On May 04, 2013
chemvic: RentaGhost...
I loved watching Rentaghost then. Remember Mr Davenport, Mr Claypole.
Good old days
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by bissy22: 6:34pm On May 04, 2013
yes o, sesamesry, willi willi don die, dangerous mouse, fraggy rock cartoon, Gforce, súrá d tailor, tales by moolight by 6.30pm every Sunday, tele march 4pm evry Sunday, superted, behind d cloud soap opera evry Sunday 8pm., cock crow a dawn, kiddy vision, night train every Friday 9th @ 10.30pm. d rich also cry. no one but u at 10pm. Doctor who.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 04, 2013
Sesame Street,Tortoise's Wonderful Store,Koko Close,Tortoise Club,Clue Club,Rentaghost,G-Force,SpeedRacer,LoveBoat,..."Looking Ahead"
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by creativino: 6:37pm On May 04, 2013
Tonymantena
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by yazz09(m): 6:40pm On May 04, 2013
Mike oli ihe di mma, Robocop etc
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by tundelomo(m): 6:49pm On May 04, 2013
grin grin. Voltron, tales bt d moonlight, indian films( sholay,mard etc), I could remember during my IT when this tv and dong bells were in the news again when some people were said to be looking for someting inside and were paying up to 200k, had to travelled to IB frm lag nd told my popsy that I really need the bell to construct incubator for the lab. Took 1 for my paddy as well after I had cut my own share witout selling. Those bells were making some silly noise inside the bus til we got to lag. Unfortunately I could nt sell them, popman also called me wen the news reached him for IB.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by ismokeweed1(f): 6:49pm On May 04, 2013
FRAGGLE ROCK
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by sophy2g(f): 6:51pm On May 04, 2013
I met dis TV set,willi willi,and will not sleep all night,commando and red Sonia.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by delikay4luv: 6:53pm On May 04, 2013
igbo dudu
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Solozzo(m): 6:56pm On May 04, 2013
Gun smoke, Zorro, The Saint
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by naptu2: 6:58pm On May 04, 2013
babyphil77: . ITS COCK CROW AT DAWN. THE SONG SANG THUS; WHEN U EVER GET THERE 2x, WHEN U EVER SING D SONG OF D COCK CROW AT DAWN.

Cockcrow at Dawn. Theme song by Bongos Ikuwe.

Will you ever get there?
Will you ever make it?
Will you ever hear the sound,
Of the Cockcrow at Dawn?

You can watch the video on the other thread.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by chyngee: 6:59pm On May 04, 2013
Vultron, Ichoku

1 Like

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Solozzo(m): 7:00pm On May 04, 2013
Cokeroo: Hmmmn***sighs*** nostalgia... The good ol' days of innocence and pure unbridlef fun!

What programs did you watch with this TELEVISION set?
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Rastamann: 7:06pm On May 04, 2013
winds against my soul
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by boseko: 7:08pm On May 04, 2013
Dr Who, Sport
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by boseko: 7:11pm On May 04, 2013
grin
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by boseko: 7:12pm On May 04, 2013
Dr Who, Sport Billy
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by nanzozo(m): 7:13pm On May 04, 2013
grin
Every_LadY: please if you are 18yrs and below,no need to comment.Can you remember this? Mention one program you watched on this box.
I only saw ur shadow on d screen as u are busy snapping d box grin
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by chitexy: 7:21pm On May 04, 2013
Dr no abi Dr who?
Rolly83: Famous 5(we are the famous5),Ichoku,Dr No,NTA 7(Colours of the Rainbow lines every 3pm)and Contact.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by warrior101: 7:31pm On May 04, 2013
sandilo: Hotel de Jordan featuring Chief Ajas, Idemudia and co grin

oyegbe, check mate, tales by moonlight, hot cash, jaguar etc
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by pedestal82(m): 7:31pm On May 04, 2013
Danger mouse
Teddybear
Voltron
Tales by mooonlight
Things fall apart
Mr spencer
Rentaghost(tried to disappear several times by holding my nose)
Etc, memories!
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by warrior101: 7:36pm On May 04, 2013
7 lucky kids, big trouble in little china, coming to america, 5 element of ninja, magaiva, night rider etc

1 Like

Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 04, 2013
Idey tells u. We wtched it through our neighbour's window. In factt we listened and watched movies on radio.
Temismith: Na rich man your papa be if una get dis tv den. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by francdec4(m): 7:48pm On May 04, 2013
wili-wili, zebudaya, no retreat no surrender, indian movies and 'war films' lol at d war films den.
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Excellent2010(f): 7:50pm On May 04, 2013
I can remember when our own started giving wahala.... it will up its volume without anyone touching it. Then if you want to bring down the volume you will slap the TV on top or by the side.
If there was a visitor and the volume raises by itself, my sister will or any older sibling will call me (being the last) I will stylishly go close to the TV and slap it without the visitor being the wiser. And if you look for my trouble I will simply close the doors to the TV.

Same thin in our house,infact pple always gather outside our house to watch,arelu,Agbara nla,Itunnu,village square,tales by moonlight etc.Wt a lovely tv dt loves slappin its head bf fuctionin very well
Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by Randerl: 7:51pm On May 04, 2013
thunderbolt, 3.2.1 Contact

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Forbes 10 Richest Musicians In Africa (Don Jazzy @ No 2) / Meet The Most Talented African Kid : Check Out Her Photos / Quilox Shut Down By Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.