Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group (7419 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by TechyGuy: 10:53am On May 07, 2013
Why is it targeted at MTN. I thought I saw ads from Etisalat and Airtel. Airtel with their morbid network and customer service also did an ad dissing MTN. Why is that not talked about as well.
Etisalat with 20% of MTN subscriber base still cant connect with one dial.
Let the brand war continue, it will lead to better and cheaper service. I heard MTN is investing about N490B into expansion and upgrade recently. It's because of the new level of competition brought in by Number Portability.
This is one thing I will forever hail OBJ for, The privatization of Telecoms sector.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by sp2002(m): 11:00am On May 07, 2013
Gennyz: INVEST IN PIGGERY, EARN 50% OF YOUR CAPITAL INVESTMENT EVERY YEAR.

NOTE: Investor will only need to buy the needed things; you don’t need to risk your money by giving cash. Every detail where is subject to further independent inquiry

I got along with a good friend of mine, who took me through Pig Farming, he started with
4 Female Pigs
2 Male Pigs
On December 2010, today he has grown a total 213 pigs (1 year 7months now)
1 pig = #50,000 - #70,000
213 pigs= #10,650,000 million @ N50,000
It takes 10-12 months to have it grown to the fullest, 1 female can give birth twice a year, with an average birth rate of 25-30 pigs per year.

The demand for puck meat is very high today, even Lagos state Government is ready to give free land for large scale Pig Farmers; China today can only get 60% from their puck from Britain. Lots of companies abroad are looking for pig farms to book meat; all they need is a steady supply, if you doubt me simply check China’s online biggest market, you will be amazed.

Am looking for a Partner, who can invest #350,000 only, I will do the entire dirty job on the following terms.
1. Once you receive a total sum of #1,750,000 from the joint venture, the deal is called off.
2. Investor is free to know everything except my client base.
3. Every Internal transaction must go through the bank for record purposes.
4. An investor must have personnel in the farm to protect his/her interest (optional), and report directly to him, and must be a male not female to aid me in the farm.

ANNUAL FINANCIAL PROJECTION:
Am looking forth to growing 200-300 pigs every year, putting my financial benefit at the tone of #14,000,000 -#21,000,000 annually @ N70,000 each.

LIST ITEMS TO BUY
1. Feed N90,000 for (first and second generation)
2. Rent and Animal Pen N100,000
3. Water tank ***
4. Medication ***
5. Housing for the Pigs
6. Baby Pigs N50,000
7. Water and other expenses N110,000 the only cash that will be giving to be to enable me take care of the farm.

call me on 07032149190 or royalprince005@hotmail.com
OGA I AM A FARMER AS WELL. HOW ON THIS EARTH DO U WANT TO SELL A PIG FOR 50K TO 70K ? WHAT IS THE WEIGHT OF THE PIG? HOW MUCH IS THE PRICE OF PIG PER KILOGRAM?
sp2002 poultry and land consultancy
tj.sp2002@gmail.com
www.sp2002.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by aigjoey(m): 11:00am On May 07, 2013
@ OKIKI_OLUWA
U dont have any problem, mk he b one week . Y u no go get ur own telecom industry. I beg go look bush
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by naptu2: 11:07am On May 07, 2013
I await MTN's response (this reminds me of the advert war between SDP and NRC in the early 90s).
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by aigjoey(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2013
@ TECHYGUY!!!!!
Pls tel them, tell them the benefit of brand war to consumers. One of d reason for poor services is because of no brand war. Nw we have one all d yoruba boys for nairaland they talk nonsense.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Tinyemeka(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2013
It's common-sense. You've been using all the lines for a while now and they tell you that you can now patronize any network service provider while still retaining your original GSM number.

We are already familiar with our various networks of choice (and reasons for choosing them) and the problems experienced with other networks. So I don't think the adverts (comical or not) exert much power in swaying users' choice.

Brings me to another issues I've been pondering. What power really, do these celebrities have in shifting user opinions when they do these brand/product endorsements?

Did you start using MTN Pulse because Davido advised so?

Glo Double Recharge Promo: was it really because of PSquare that you subscribed to the service offer?

Talk true.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Eniga(m): 11:10am On May 07, 2013
actually porting is a nice idea as it drives competition between networks and lots of improvement.
i was at etisalat and a lot of mtn users are porting to etisalat, while airtel is receiving people from glo. this would make network providers sit up and provide better service.
MNP just drives a healthier competition and makes the companies wanna sit up their game.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by morningsta(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2013
fgvjkb,ip'0b
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:35am On May 07, 2013
aigjoey:
U dont have any problem, mk he b one week . Y u no go get ur own telecom industry. I beg go look bush
U lack d manner of approach, U don't respect peoples opinion. Since ur brain is malfunctioning & making u 2 act like a bush-baby, u should relocate to Kalabari rainforest. Sstupid & Idioticc Ffool.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by otokx(m): 12:07pm On May 07, 2013
MTN service in Port Harcourt is quite bad today
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by nenergy(m): 12:30pm On May 07, 2013
I've said it before and will say it again. MNP won't 'work' due to certain variables and dynamics peculiar to Nigeria. About ensuring optimum service delivery,Nigerians will never unite. Call for a boycott a provider's service and you'll find that you're really alone.

Will Mobile Number Portability ‘WORK’ In Nigeria? I Don’t Think So!
www.nairaland.com/1269338/mobile-number-portability-work-nigeria
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by stebell(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2013
Chasitty001: That's nothing but the truth.

[url=our-naija-men..com/] Click Here [/url]
. Mad man [url=our-naija-men..com/] Click Here [/url][/quote]
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by TechyGuy: 1:29pm On May 07, 2013
aigjoey: @ TECHYGUY!!!!!
Pls tel them, tell them the benefit of brand war to consumers. One of d reason for poor services is because of no brand war. Nw we have one all d yoruba boys for nairaland they talk nonsense.

I don't understand the band-waggoners. The war is for the benefit of the consumers. MTN slashed their BB plans just because of the war. Promo will be flying here and there, tariffs will get cheaper and cheaper. Soon it would be contract subscription, where you pay say N2,500 and for 30 days you have 600 mins, unltd sms, 1GB data etc.
What is wrong with all these guys who know nothing about brand wars.
It will get to a point that the war will go beyond freebies and rates but services. NCC or CRC will not have to tell these telecoms coys that they would have to give us 4G and LTE for peanuts.
MTN is already preparing, they are doing new investments in infrastructure already. I like it, we are the ones that stand to gain.
SO, PLEASE LET THE BRAND WAR CONTINUE!

How I wish for Electricity to be like this, where you can port to a better service provider grin grin
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by donchisel: 1:31pm On May 07, 2013
I worry about the way things are playing out in the telecom industry.
This industry appear to be the number 2 invitation card to foreign investors after oils and gas sector.

Apparently, the telecom sector whose recent roles in nigerian economy played a significant impact the countries' labour/employment market, is now begining to avoid direct hiring of staff. The sector is now flooded with contract staff, much more that what we see in the Banks. Even the hired staff suffer YoY pay reductions, while the self employed (contractors, distributor, marketers, etc) suffer reduced profitability in their various businesses.

However, their justifications remain OPEX/liability reduction and Government is yet to take meaningful actions to remedy the situation. The business owners are beginning to move funds to operations in other serious countries. Do you know that there are over 12000 telecom infrastructures, consuming more than 1.2million liters of generator fuel per day? Is the OPEX on Fuel alone not more 80% of running cost?

Buttomline, Government should first do their bit by providing enabling environment before raising their heads to speak. Do you know that the same oil coys flaring gas (YoY) in this country, cannot flare a cubic meter of gas in Saudi Arabia?
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by TechyGuy: 1:36pm On May 07, 2013
donchisel: I worry about the way things are playing out in the telecom industry.
This industry appear to be the number 2 invitation card to foreign investors after oils and gas sector.

Apparently, the telecom sector whose recent roles in nigerian economy played a significant impact the countries' labour/employment market, is now begining to avoid direct hiring of staff. The sector is now flooded with contract staff, much more that what we see in the Banks. Even the hired staff suffer YoY pay reductions, while the self employed (contractors, distributor, marketers, etc) suffer reduced profitability in their various businesses.

However, their justifications remain OPEX/liability reduction and Government is yet to take meaningful actions to remedy the situation. The business owners are beginning to move funds to operations in other serious countries. Do you know that there are over 12000 telecom infrastructures, consuming more than 1.2million liters of generator fuel per day? Is the OPEX on Fuel alone not more 80% of running cost?

Buttomline, Government should first do their bit by providing enabling environment before raising their heads to speak. Do you know that the same oil coys flaring gas (YoY) in this country, cannot flare a cubic meter of gas in Saudi Arabia?

God bless you!!! Well said!
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by BabaAra2(m): 2:30pm On May 07, 2013
dammytosh: I bet that was a paid advert against MTN .

That is more unethical than the comedy.

Anybody can approach ETISALAT, GLO or AIRTEL under any funny consumer blabla bla and collect money to pay for these adverts.

The group doesn't even exist anywhere and No street is Odunjo on Lagos Island.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by onyoluikechukwu: 4:38pm On May 07, 2013
[i][/i]y port wen u get 2 sim phone and a nokia torch n u use 3 different line.
now cum to tink of it , lets say u port 4 90 days n u want to make urgent call btw life n death n d usual nrtwrk failure cums into play n because u portd no other nertwrk or sim card for other nrtwrk wat happens ?
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by vicade(m): 4:54pm On May 07, 2013
This is playing dirty and a direct attack at MTN by Etisalat I think. I use an MTN sim and no way I'm porting. I'm with saka on this all the way.

Let the Government provide steady electricity and that alone will help matters .

Consumers Rights Group must be jokers. Even Nigerians know doing business in Nigeria is tough as hell.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by MORANOCEE(m): 11:18am On May 08, 2013
The MTN PORTING advert is classic and only dunces would criticize it.It is all about marketing communications and you can choose any promotional strategy to pass information.Comedy or not,it is inline with the concept of porting.If you are not satisfied with your current situation...kindly PORT.PORTING is optional, hence the reason SAKA decided to PORT from his Etisalat contract to MTN.I am a Chartered Administrator,a strategist and if other networks feel intimidated with that concept,rather than passing through an unknown consumer rights association to criticize the advert, I should be contacted urgently for a brimming hot idea on a counter advert strategy that would create a maximum impact.Please SAKA(AFEEZ OYETORO),I congratulate you on your recent PORTING.We share many things in common.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Cipriani(m): 1:52pm On May 08, 2013
I don't really care about porting. All I want is good internet service at a moderate fee so I can surf very well. I wouldn't mind low tariffs for calls but all I need now is a good network to give me perfect internet service where I can make VoIP calls and video calls and play online games without hassles.

All those networks are sûckers
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Hennyboy(m): 7:30am On May 09, 2013
Quite interesting topic, my take on the whole MNP scheme, is that most network providers are not ready in terms of relevant Infrastructures not being in place for MNP to really fly in the Nigerian Telecoms space.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by maffafa(m): 9:08am On May 10, 2013
Hennyboy: Quite interesting topic, my take on the whole MNP scheme, is that most network providers are not ready in terms of relevant Infrastructures not being in place for MNP to really fly in the Nigerian Telecoms space.

Absolutely on-point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Huawei Ascend Mate P7 Phone. / Gionee Gpad G3 Discussion Thread / When MTN Decides Its Your Head They Will Use To Pay NCC Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.