Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group (7406 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by maffafa(m): 2:06pm On May 03, 2013
I was going through some top Nigerian Dailies as I do regularly to be informed of the happenings and what is making news in our beloved country; Nigeria and the world over. Only to come across full page advertorials on each of these dailies having the same unwavering thrust and spot-on message that addresses the Consumer rights of Nigerians;" MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY DEBATE."

This really got my attention as it dawned on me, wait a minute!!!; I am the consumer, We are the consumers, YOU and I; the end users of products and services we buy into with our resources in whatever form.

What is your take fellow nairalanders?

See the full page Advertorials from top Nigerian Dailies..... Let your Significant voices be heard nairalanders... WE DON WISE!!!

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by maffafa(m): 2:20pm On May 03, 2013
see for yourselves; the full page Advertorials.

Now the unwavering voice and consumer satisfaction of the good people of Nigeria; consumers of products and services especially TELECOM SERVICES and PRODUCTS should not be silenced and ignored by Comedy.

How did we get here and what is the possible way out?

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by maffafa(m): 2:46pm On May 03, 2013
Also got this from THISDAY Newspaper..... These are real Issues that affect everyone of us, Lets Share our views!! on What impacts our lives; the way we learn; live; love and possibly leave behind a profound legacy... LETS SPEAK UP, SPEAK OUT AND SEE POSITIVE CHANGES IN THE WAY SERVICES ARE DELIVERED TO US IN THIS BELOVED NATION: NAIJA!!!!!!!

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Hennyboy(m): 4:09pm On May 03, 2013
This is interesting Admin, this should be on front page.... gbam!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by luluosas(m): 8:28pm On May 03, 2013
Hennyboy: This is interesting Admin, this should be on front page.... gbam!!!
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by felixichini: 5:10pm On May 06, 2013
yeah...you are right bro....i fully second this your opinion...thats d norma :ol kind of politic played in Nigeria where people would be diverted from serious issues to trivial issues intentionally by some people so as to escape public criticism. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Francheezy(m): 10:50pm On May 06, 2013
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2013
Whats your take on this nairalanders
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by ebamma(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2013
.who go like waste him time go port him sim, am still on etisalat, if mtn like make them use my beloved mama do porting advert, that will not change my mind
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Nobody: 9:43am On May 07, 2013
i know the saka don port of a thing is a diversion. nonsense. i was never interested to watch it, neither do i have any reason to see it. cos the concept is nonsense. yes, the real issues, are swept aside, drop calls, high call rates, hidden charges, expensive internet subscriptions, amongt many.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by lifestyle1(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2013
angry
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by alphaconde(m): 9:44am On May 07, 2013
All these porting madness will soon fade off. I don't even know how it affects me cus I already have registered and valid sims for all networks.

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by zumarock8(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2013
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by AdekunleBalogun: 9:53am On May 07, 2013
This is an eye opener to all Nigerians, thank God its not too late to check this fraud they called comedy.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by tula90: 9:54am On May 07, 2013
Even with the comical ad, I think I know those
Who truly cares. Just like the old saying "eMpTy
Barrels makes the loudest noise".

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Gosj01(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2013
You know Nigeria is a funny Country,*laugh* even d worst network are still advertising number port, people shud port to their network. quit funny
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by konn: 9:57am On May 07, 2013
all these porting stuff na rubbish u will port and stay on that network for 3 months before u can change to anoter network this is bullshit its better to buy a double sim phone and maintain different networks daz all

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Chasitty001: 9:57am On May 07, 2013
That's nothing but the truth.

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Orikinla(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2013
TOTALLY IN SUPPORT OF CONSUMER RIGHTS.
Nigerian consumers opinion matters.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by naptu2: 10:03am On May 07, 2013
I think this is a brilliant response by some telecoms companies to the "I don port o" advert.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by W3xy1(m): 10:05am On May 07, 2013
shocked the truth juz comin up
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by yuzedo: 10:07am On May 07, 2013
ok bro. Send me Richad cad lemme alart all my village peoples angry angry angry
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Tobbylobar(m): 10:11am On May 07, 2013
Dis country don tired me sef....i wan port jooo angry
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Ebestsmscom: 10:16am On May 07, 2013
I already have differrent sims.

Porting or poting or putting. I won't port!
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by Nobody: 10:17am On May 07, 2013
Gennyz: INVEST IN PIGGERY, EARN 50% OF YOUR CAPITAL INVESTMENT EVERY YEAR.

NOTE: Investor will only need to buy the needed things; you don’t need to risk your money by giving cash. Every detail where is subject to further independent inquiry

I got along with a good friend of mine, who took me through Pig Farming, he started with
4 Female Pigs
2 Male Pigs
On December 2010, today he has grown a total 213 pigs (1 year 7months now)
1 pig = #50,000 - #70,000
213 pigs= #10,650,000 million @ N50,000
It takes 10-12 months to have it grown to the fullest, 1 female can give birth twice a year, with an average birth rate of 25-30 pigs per year.

The demand for puck meat is very high today, even Lagos state Government is ready to give free land for large scale Pig Farmers; China today can only get 60% from their puck from Britain. Lots of companies abroad are looking for pig farms to book meat; all they need is a steady supply, if you doubt me simply check China’s online biggest market, you will be amazed.

Am looking for a Partner, who can invest #350,000 only, I will do the entire dirty job on the following terms.
1. Once you receive a total sum of #1,750,000 from the joint venture, the deal is called off.
2. Investor is free to know everything except my client base.
3. Every Internal transaction must go through the bank for record purposes.
4. An investor must have personnel in the farm to protect his/her interest (optional), and report directly to him, and must be a male not female to aid me in the farm.

ANNUAL FINANCIAL PROJECTION:
Am looking forth to growing 200-300 pigs every year, putting my financial benefit at the tone of #14,000,000 -#21,000,000 annually @ N70,000 each.

LIST ITEMS TO BUY
1. Feed N90,000 for (first and second generation)
2. Rent and Animal Pen N100,000
3. Water tank ***
4. Medication ***
5. Housing for the Pigs
6. Baby Pigs N50,000
7. Water and other expenses N110,000 the only cash that will be giving to be to enable me take care of the farm.

call me on 07032149190 or royalprince005@hotmail.com
oga. 70,000 for a pig. na cow!
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by dammytosh: 10:19am On May 07, 2013
I bet that was a paid advert against MTN .

That is more unethical than the comedy.

Anybody can approach ETISALAT, GLO or AIRTEL under any funny consumer blabla bla and collect money to pay for these adverts.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by franklampard082(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2013
MNP was brought in to create room for more competition. Any network that doesn't want to lose customers will definitely beef up it's services. Many people who r not satisfied wit MTN are porting to ETISALAT and this will definitely make mtn to sit up and improve on their services. ThE same goes for other networks

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by aigjoey(m): 10:48am On May 07, 2013
The mtn advert on mobile number portability is an inteligent work. Advertising has come to stay , u like it or nt. The brand war currently going on in the telecom industry is a welcome development as this will allow individual firm to better their services. Take note dt advertising is a nonform of personal communication dt is nt directed to a perticular individual. So if u ar nt ok wit d advert of a service provider u kip quiet and look for another. Stop complaining, they ar only using the promo tools to get customer y promising them improve services.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2013
My concern: I think 90 days is too long to wait before porting back to another network.
franklampard082: MNP was brought in to create room for more competition. Any network that doesn't want to lose customers will definitely beef up it's services.
That's the point.
Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by oshinlajaneyo(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2013
For me porting or potting no concern me or interest me b'cos with capital EDGE on my phone I find it difficult at times to connect d internet. Instead of porting, I will rather contact my CHINCO pple for. 10 sims phone.LOL

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group by aigjoey(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2013
i think FRANKLAMPARD is d only intelligent contributor that i av seen in ds thread today. Make others go look bush

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Bis On Android And Iphone (working Well) / The Origin Of "Hello" Will Shock You / Having Problem.with My Gioneef103 3g And 4g Networks Please Enter And Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.